posted
Total Posts
show more
mm201
Reminds me of osq.
Waryas
this looks amazing.
peppy
Pity I wasn't consulted before this was started so it could be written in c# and actually integrated with osu!/osq. Seems like such a waste.
aevv_old

peppy wrote:

Seems like such a waste.

whymeman wrote:

And seriously, please learn how to respect people

looks like a sick tool regardless (cause running inside osu validates using it???)
peppy
I have a feeling you are misunderstanding what I said.
Waryas
Well it can be bundled with osu if it's good enough? It'd be a waste to let it be unknown to the general public cause not a lot of people actually visit this part of the forum and I can feel a lot of work was put in this.
Topic Starter
MoonShade

peppy wrote:

Pity I wasn't consulted before this was started so it could be written in c# and actually integrated with osu!/osq. Seems like such a waste.
This hole syntax highlighing, code completition and stuff are just base on open source librarys for java, I don't think that would work that nice in C# (but then again I'm not sure about this...). What's left is the interpreter.
Then again, I couldn't work with osq cause it was so poorly documented in stragers blog, so I decided to create my own language and try to document it well, so that others can use it for their projects. I don't think this is a waste at all, as long as it can help people with their storyboard.

Well it can be bundled with osu if it's good enough? It'd be a waste to let it be unknown to the general public cause not a lot of people actually visit this part of the forum and I can feel a lot of work was put in this.
Hm, would it be better if this thread would be in the storyboarding forum? I was unsure about that...
peppy
Okay, let me expand because it seems I was not clear enough:

This looks awesome, and a lot better constructed than osq. Therefore I would love to see it integrated with osu!. Unfortunately, because I was not consulted beforehand (although I have previously asked publicly for anyone willing to create a storyboard editor exactly like this and had no response) a lot of effort has been wasted to make a sub-optimal product.

If you are inclined, you should definitely try and port it over to c#, as I will consider it for integration if this happens. You should be able to find similar levels of library availability for editor/syntax highlighting functionality, if not more.
Topic Starter
MoonShade
I see, so it looks like I have to deal with C# :D

I will try to do it, but I have to get used to this language first.
Waryas
Hm, would it be better if this thread would be in the storyboarding forum? I was unsure about that...
Well you can ask a mod to move it there I guess?
Guy-kun

MoonShade wrote:

I see, so it looks like I have to deal with C# :D

I will try to do it, but I have to get used to this language first.
C# is pretty close, I moved from C# to Java without any trouble (however c non-java languages are stricter with data types)

Looks pretty great
Xgor
Looks awesome, gonna test later
Aqua
Nice Job MoonShade :D (Well, i guess that's nothing new. We often spoke about that xD)
Derekku
Moved to the SB forum; great job by the way!
Ayeen_old
Reminding back when I study C++. I should take a look at it :P
Topic Starter
MoonShade
Aqua just told me that there might be an issue on saving files. Please check if the tool saves your files the first time, and not only creates a .sgl file with no content. (On my computer, this doesn't happen at all)
Sy[K]es
Thaaankss=DD :D
loveFantasy
really awesome and handy program

can you generate error/warning while we coloring object with <0 or >255 RGB value? i made a mistake by using 256 and had to face over 9000 warning dialog generate by osu! editor DX
Topic Starter
MoonShade
I will have this in the C# application, I think. Meanwhile, have this little update:

SGL Editor Beta 3

Download: Mediafire (1,33 MB)

Changelog:
  1. It's possible to create Animations now, this works like this:
    Animation light = new Animation("light.png",Foreground,Centre,60,80,LoopForever)
    Note that the 1st number is the frameCount and the 2nd is the frameDelay

2. Added support for flips and additive blends, whatever that is...
    pic.fliph(0,1000)
    pic.flipv(0,1000)
    pic.blenda(0,1000)
  3. Added support for trigger loops.
    pic.startTriggerLoop(HitSoundClap,0,1000)
    pic.endLoop()
  4. Replaced the dialog window which appeared if the generation succeeded with a status message.
This somehow completes the support for storyboard specifications. I hope you'll like it :)
rhalp10
Nice ! MOON SHADE ! xD !!

I want to contribute programs like you do to help the others! if i can program advanced ^_^ !! I'm still Studying Programming languages !

Can I ASK Something ! What kind of prog. language use-wally used on creating games ??

ERROR REPORT

It Require to installed 32 bit JDK or JRE
Topic Starter
MoonShade
You just necroposted to a thread that is 3 years old...

The new version of SGL can be found here: t/118733

The code and everything is linked there and open for you to extend. Explanations of how I did the parsing is also in a post there somewhere.

osu! uses C#/.net 2.0 if that's what you were asking.