forum

Rie Kugimiya, Eri Kitamura & Yui Horie - Orange (TV Size)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Weez

ziin wrote:

oh my heart. Don't worry I'll fix the skin later.
Well atleast I gave it a try
Saten
net45291

Weezy wrote:

Looks like Net made all changes...I think...
Yaaaaaaay~~ Weezy X3 , I do. O w o
Topic Starter
Weez
Alright everything is update to date now :D
ziin
http://up.ppy.sh/files/orangeskin.zip

I didn't like the hitcircle (it's got jpg artifacts...) so I used the spinner I posted. Also included are 2 overlays, since if you use gonz's hitcircle, you need to ditch my old overlay.

You also are supposed to have a fruit ryuuta and fruit drop if you skin the fruits, but I think it's silly to skin ryuuta, since it's essentially a cursor. I made one, but who knows if anyone will like it...

Oh well, we should be all set to go now. If you want a white border around the spinner, just ask and I'll add it (or you can do it pretty easily too).

Please include "SliderBorder: 255,255,255" under [colours]
Topic Starter
Weez
not adding the fruit ryuuta feels weird (I'm picky with em)

well thanks :D
ziin

Weezy wrote:

not adding the fruit ryuuta feels weird (I'm picky with em)
I don't blame you. I hate maps that skin my cursor...
YGOkid8
General:
- Saten's Taiga-Insane is missing a 2 in Tags.

That's it. Nice map you have here. Loving the diff. spread.
Saten

YGOkid8 wrote:

General:

Weezy, you forgot to remove t "2" D:
Topic Starter
Weez

YGOkid8 wrote:

General:

2 was suppose to be removed in all diffs >.< anyways fixed now

and im guessing no kudos?
YGOkid8
no kudosu.
Topic Starter
Weez
yaaaaay thanks :)
Rucker
good~ :)
Garven
Blame DxS

[General]
<3 ctb skin, haha.
Remove ending from tags

[Easy]
Remove letterboxing
00:52:128 (3) - I've been kind of grimacing whenever I saw the short sliders like this, but following it up with a hit object so soon afterwards is kinda iffy for an easy for sure.
This plays more like a Normal than an easy with the rhythms that you used. Simplifying them would go a long way towards making this more of an Easy. That said, what is placed is placed quite well.

[Normal]
00:34:771 (2) - Add finish?
00:47:843 (2,3) - Move down and right 1 level 4 grid to adjust for stacking.
A lot of the notes after spinners (that are 1 beat [white tick] away from the end) are really iffy for a Normal difficulty. If you could find ways to give a little more recovery time it'd play a lot better for this level of of map.

[Hard]
Remove letterboxing
00:05:414 (5,6) - Reduce this jump a little bit? It's uncharacteristically huge compared to the rest of the map.
01:20:200 (1,2,3,4) - Kind of boring considering the other two have actual patters.

[Taiko]
00:56:200 (57,58,59,60,61,62) - Strange rhythm to throw out considering how you mapped the rest of the song.

[Insane]
Remove letterboxing
00:13:557 (1) - Aww, this slider worked really well as a good transition into the slower part of the song. You kinda ruined it when you set the slider speed back to 1x and continued a fairly fast-paced mapping style for a really calm part of the song.
00:46:771 - What the- The volume decrease can't be intentional here.

Nice set. I worry about the Easy a little, but the rest of it is nice.
DeathxShinigami
Foosh~
Makar
Star \o/
Saten

Garven wrote:

[Insane]
Remove letterboxing I don't see why removing letterboxing on a map with no breaktime- (removed anyway :P)
00:13:557 (1) - Aww, this slider worked really well as a good transition into the slower part of the song. You kinda ruined it when you set the slider speed back to 1x and continued a fairly fast-paced mapping style for a really calm part of the song. I agree, made it abit friendlier and changed that section to 0,75x
00:46:771 - What the- The volume decrease can't be intentional here. \o/

Download: Rie Kugimiya, Eri Kitamura & Yui Horie - Orange (TV Size) (Weezy) [Saten's Taiga-Insane].osu
Topic Starter
Weez

Garven wrote:

Blame DxS

[General]
<3 ctb skin, haha.
Remove ending from tags

[Easy]
Remove letterboxing
00:52:128 (3) - I've been kind of grimacing whenever I saw the short sliders like this, but following it up with a hit object so soon afterwards is kinda iffy for an easy for sure.
This plays more like a Normal than an easy with the rhythms that you used. Simplifying them would go a long way towards making this more of an Easy. That said, what is placed is placed quite well. I changed some of the short sliders, ones that when changed would work better on an Easy, but I want to leave some like the ones at the start because I don't wanna place all hit objects just on the white ticks.

[Normal]
00:34:771 (2) - Add finish?
00:47:843 (2,3) - Move down and right 1 level 4 grid to adjust for stacking.
A lot of the notes after spinners (that are 1 beat [white tick] away from the end) are really iffy for a Normal difficulty. If you could find ways to give a little more recovery time it'd play a lot better for this level of of map. I've seen Easy maps that do this as well, IMO i wanna leave it but if Net wants to change it then I'm for that too.

[Hard]
Remove letterboxing
00:05:414 (5,6) - Reduce this jump a little bit? It's uncharacteristically huge compared to the rest of the map.
01:20:200 (1,2,3,4) - Kind of boring considering the other two have actual patters.

Nice set. I worry about the Easy a little, but the rest of it is nice.
Well everything should be good now.
Medi-chan_old
Topic Starter
Weez
Thank you, everything should be good now
Garven

Weezy wrote:

A lot of the notes after spinners (that are 1 beat [white tick] away from the end) are really iffy for a Normal difficulty. If you could find ways to give a little more recovery time it'd play a lot better for this level of of map. I've seen Easy maps that do this as well, IMO i wanna leave it but if Net wants to change it then I'm for that too.
Then those were not very newbie-friendly easy difficulties. A lot of people overlook this (hell I did a lot when I started out too) but if you just sit and think about it, having more recovery time makes sense. Newer players are going to be spinning wildly fast trying to score as many bonus points as possible. By the time they are done, they're most probably not going to know where the hell their cursor is. They'll need some time to figure out where it is and realign so they can keep playing the game. With normal difficulties (especially one rhythmically paced like this) you can give them a little less time to realign, but this was pushing it to feeling more of a Hard difficulty technique with that short of time to reach the next note.
Topic Starter
Weez
Guess you do raise up a good point :/ well I'm just gonna wait for Net to do what needs to be done.

Question though, 01:14:093 (1,1) - would be considered fine right?
net45291
Topic Starter
Weez
Everything now should be good.
Garven
[Easy]
01:07:771 (2) - Sorry I missed this, but do you think you can try something else here? It's another of those somewhat newbie-unfriendly techniques, this time with a slider with more than one repeat that's fairly short (one beat or less) so it can be confusing as to when it will end. Having a beat one white tick from the end of the slider is just

[Normal]
01:21:057 (1) - This was louder than the others; dunno if it's intentional.
Topic Starter
Weez
fixed em
Garven
Apparently modding while incredibly tired leads to some unfinished
blissfulyoshi
Remove hitcircleoverlay2.png from the folder because it makes no visual change (popped over this)

Ryuji-Easy: fine

Net's Kitamura-Normal:
Having that many spinners at the end is tiring for the arm, so I highly suggest that you remap that part

Ami-Hard:
Same as normal on the spinners.

Medi's Minori-Taiko Oni:
Not sure how taiko players feel about spinners, so I won't comment
I think you should make the kiai timing on this diff the same as the other diffs

Saten's Taiga-Insane: fine

==========================

Decent map overall. Didn't notice that much, but I am a little sleepy right now. Do what changes you want and call me back when you want a remod (I might rank it.....). For now, star.
KanaRin
love this song <3
net45291
Ok Weezy , You change some thing in Normal Diff but , It's ok

Download: Rie Kugimiya, Eri Kitamura & Yui Horie - Orange (TV Size) (Weezy) [Net's Kitamura-Normal].osu
Topic Starter
Weez
All good now :)
blissfulyoshi
No need for kds

Just wondering, is there a point to SliderBorder 255,255,255?

Net's Kitamura-Normal:
Make the first kiai time ending consistent with the other diffs (00:58:771)
01:17:628 (3,1,2) - make sure 1,2 don't get overlapped by 3 (easiest solution is to just make the 2 combos reflections of each other)

==========
I think those are my only complaints. Call me back when you are finished making changes.
net45291
SPOILER

blissfulyoshi wrote:

No need for kds

Just wondering, is there a point to SliderBorder 255,255,255?

Net's Kitamura-Normal:
Make the first kiai time ending consistent with the other diffs (00:58:771) Fixed
01:17:628 (3,1,2) - make sure 1,2 don't get overlapped by 3 (easiest solution is to just make the 2 combos reflections of each other)
I don't under stand a little bit. Sorry my English is very suck , If I wrong please tell me
==========
I think those are my only complaints. Call me back when you are finished making changes.
I hope it get ranked soon

Download: Rie Kugimiya, Eri Kitamura & Yui Horie - Orange (TV Size) (Weezy) [Net's Kitamura-Normal].osu
Topic Starter
Weez

blissfulyoshi wrote:

No need for kds

Just wondering, is there a point to SliderBorder 255,255,255? Here explains it: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=55817 Just forcing the colours to be white to avoid skin problems

==========
blissfulyoshi
With all that, I think this map is ready for an orange heart!
Haneii
YAY \o/
net45291
gratz :)
Topic Starter
Weez
YAAAY get home from harry potter to find an orange heart! :D

thanks!
Saten
\o/
YTYuyu
Congratz Weezy after all that hard work it finally got ranked :D