forum

So I'm having trouble getting a high combo...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bejewelled
I can get a good accuracy on maps but I'm having a LOT of trouble with getting more than 200x on most maps. Sometimes these really BS slider combo breaks happen where I'm still on the slider with my cursor but not EXACTLY so it breaks; sometimes it happens with circles too. I look at songs' OD's and it's like 5-6, and I still have a problem. Even when I think I'm clicking on a circle sometimes it just randomly misses. But mostly, I can't seem to perfectly match slider paths and I get a combo break because of it.

Any tips on FCing maps easier besides "play more"? Because even if you play more you'll still make some stupid mistakes like these.
Sandy Hoey
play more... a lot more
you only have 26 hours played. You have no right to complain just yet.
7ambda
KtkC
Well, you're gonna be frustrated by combo breaks no matter how good you get.
Kondou-Shinichi
You'll have to practice.

aka "play more" tbh
KupcaH
something something play more
Grassgrow
Sliderbreaks are things that happen to all of us. When we get in the flow of a song, and its nice and fast, we tend to try and halfass the slider-route, thus going off course. The way I counter it is by specifically concentrating on NOT "halfassing" the sliders, by actually following their route, when it makes sense of course (no point in following slider route when its such a small slider that its played
like a single tap)
Xyrus_old_1

Swegmec wrote:

I look at songs' OD's and it's like 5-6, and I still have a problem. Even when I think I'm clicking on a circle sometimes it just randomly misses. But mostly, I can't seem to perfectly match slider paths and I get a combo break because of it.
Rather than clicking, try tapping with your keyboard, it may seem strange at first, but it puts less strain on your mouse hand. Once you're used to it, it will make aiming a lot easier.

OD doesn't really have anything to do with combo, only accuracy.

Swegmec wrote:

Because even if you play more you'll still make some stupid mistakes like these.
That's the thing, shitmisses never go away. If you play more, you'll gradually get used to aiming harder and harder jumps with more and more ease, but you'll still miss easy jumps every so often. The only way to reduce the amount of misses you make is to play more to build up tactile memory.
Topic Starter
bejewelled

Xyrus wrote:

Swegmec wrote:

I look at songs' OD's and it's like 5-6, and I still have a problem. Even when I think I'm clicking on a circle sometimes it just randomly misses. But mostly, I can't seem to perfectly match slider paths and I get a combo break because of it.
Rather than clicking, try tapping with your keyboard, it may seem strange at first, but it puts less strain on your mouse hand. Once you're used to it, it will make aiming a lot easier.

OD doesn't really have anything to do with combo, only accuracy.

Swegmec wrote:

Because even if you play more you'll still make some stupid mistakes like these.
That's the thing, shitmisses never go away. If you play more, you'll gradually get used to aiming harder and harder jumps with more and more ease, but you'll still miss easy jumps every so often. The only way to reduce the amount of misses you make is to play more to build up tactile memory.
Nah sorry. I do use my keyboard; I just refer to that as "clicking".
iadfugh
dw i cant get over 200 combo in 5+ stars
(sometimes)
vinnicci
Buster
play a easy map with HDHRDT
maybe you can get a high combo
Ronja
dont give up