forum

Feryquitous - Dstorv

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RLC
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, November 28, 2016 at 12:31:56 AM

Artist: Feryquitous
Title: Dstorv
Source: BMS
Tags: fake out groundbreaking g2r 2014 sennzai
BPM: 191
Filesize: 11740kb
Play Time: 05:20
Difficulties Available:
  1. Ende Fateind Trasfomate (5.63 stars, 1647 notes)
Download: Feryquitous - Dstorv
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------

~~~~~
---------prose teforme endicate tzente,---(変わり果てた姿の結末は意識を纏う)
------salvafomate prose on redy,---(複雑な過程だけが用意された)
hate decenta fraw throw mate decall,---(改変された嫌悪感が深層へ刺さる)-
ende fateind trasfomate.---­­­­­(その心を欺く)-----------
Beware of the 0.10x slider at ~75%.
Topic Starter
RLC
idk how im going to hitsound this
Luna-
amazing
Spaghetti
f2
fieryrage
no mods

bubble

????uhh?? that's pretty weird
-Visceral-
00:44:173 - It's 1/6. Unrankable

Cool circlejerk. Just posted this so a BN could pop.
Topic Starter
RLC
actually it's 1/8 if you listen closely

edit: compare to 01:14:173 - if you don't believe me, you can clearly hear 8 notes there, not 6
fieryrage
i'm hearing 1/8, the 1/6 sound seems to just be a continuation of the 1/4 blue tick imho :v
don't take my word for granted though, it's honestly really hard to tell

what i will say though is that the offset is off; should be -7 from what it is currently (2857)
Topic Starter
RLC
maybe my global offset is screwed? i'll continue getting playtests like i have been i guess
fieryrage
it prob is cuz the delay on my end is pretty noticeable, snare / cymbal plays on 00:44:322 - instead of 00:44:330 (1) - for example

it's not like a HUGE issue cuz local offset but yeag
captin1
no mods doesn't equal no feedback

i've talked with rlc over a few things already, not worth taking kd cuz there's not much to talk about
Topic Starter
RLC
The offset was actually at around approximately -15ms before, but I kept hitting late, and got some feedback saying that I should put it later. I hit pretty consistently after that, and I didn't really get any complaints throughout playtesting. People are telling me it's pretty late now, and I guess maybe my global offset is just off, so I've updated it by -15 (captin was confident about -20 but I'm trying this for now).

(No need to lure BNs here to pop. I am perfectly capable of doing that myself if a pop is actually warranted.)

I'd like to say a few things while I'm here.

First, something about my mapping process. Often people tell me “wow, you map so fast,” and maybe I did at one point, but not anymore. It took me a week of mapping in the downtime between my coursework to make this. After completion, I observed the map in editor probably hundreds of times---whenever I had nothing better to do, really. If you saw me online in the past few days, I was probably "Editing Feryquitous - Dstorv." And of course, I pestered a lot of people (thanks! and sorry) for playtests, partly because I can't play that well anymore, and because seeing other people play my map can be quite informative.

In fact, I've found that examining other people's plays and hearing their immediate thoughts is more informative than mods. For one, it's more frank, and the feedback tends to be more general. (Mods, on the other hand, have been helpful mainly for catching "mistakes," but I can do that myself after observing the map hundreds of times...)

Another thing: you know, at one point I was interested in modding more to become a BN. If you think it was wholly out of a desire to "help mappers," I'm sorry but you think too highly of me as a person. I mostly wanted to become a BN so that I could play a role in helping maps that I liked get ranked. (Suggested reading: principal-agent problem! A fancy name, but the concept is not that complex)

Understanding the relevance and implications of these points is left as an exercise to the reader.
riktoi
dunno if the timing is still off, -3 - -1 works pretty well for me but I can't honestly tell
Shiirn
the fact of the matter is that speedranking a map explicitly because you feel like you can just call up some buddy-buddies is a slap in the face to the community et-al and you really already know this.

I know some people are already prepping up the meme machine by seeing me post here at all.

If you wanted to speedrank a map to jerk your mapping prowess, maybe you should have had some IRC mods already lined up and posted? You can even line up a BN or two. You can artificially speedrank by going through the ranking process before even submitting, so you can have a map bubbled completely legitimately in a few hours. But that'd require actual planning and work, which defeats the point of waving your prowess in front of a community struggling to work past the BN system that heavily encourages cliques and self-congratulatory politics. (edit: which, traditionally, every ranking system this game has had does, but that's peanuts, it's still unsightly to abuse it)

You can explain it away with a few lines of text (God knows we're all intimately familiar with the "bullshit shuffle"), but the crux of the matter is that it's a dick move. But you know that already.

Offset felt pretty off but my global offset is fucky so i defer to others over that. I'm fairly damn certain there are 1/6s in the track due to feryquitous tending to use them in his gibberish tracks (There were a few in Strahv as well iirc?), but the messy offset made it hard to perfectly judge. Maybe get some actual mods just to be sure. Also the hitsounds sound pretty lacklustre, but you already professed to not knowing what to do so if you're okay with them just being weirdo that's alright.

If you want an actual mod before qualification, feel free to hit me up.
byfar
To be fair, the amount of one's efforts spent is not entirely proportional to the quantity of mods.

While it may seem iniquitous that our mapper, RLC is attempting to rank a beatmap he has—apparently—never received any mods before, it is still important not to disregard what goes into the beatmap beneath the surface. In truth, not all beatmaps are created equal.
Sing
woah man, shouldnt you (RLC) warn people about that x0.1 sv slider?
Topic Starter
RLC

Sing wrote:

woah man, shouldnt you (RLC) warn people about that x0.1 sv slider?
I did!

Ranking Criteria wrote:

Do not manually edit anything in an .osu file that cannot be changed through the Editor. The only exceptions are .osu-specific storyboards, slider velocity multipliers and skin-related options such as SliderBorder and SliderTrackOverride. If non-standard slider velocity multipliers are used, they must be announced in the beatmap description during the modding process.
just following the ranking criteria like a good boy.
fieryrage
lol nice one day and this map is already a huge meme

d
ok offset is much better good joB

00:22:483 (1,1) - doing something with this little gap would be pretty interesting, i think
00:32:692 (7) - shouldn't this end on 00:33:007 - ?
01:13:844 (2) - nc here instead of 01:13:687 (1) - plz
01:30:651 (1,2) - y no stack here tho would be pretty cool aesthetically imo (if you don't wanna stack 01:30:808 (2) - start nc here then preferably cuz downbeats n shit)
01:33:478 (2,3,4) - BLEh idk if this requires that much spacing increase honestly but whatever guilty all the same got away with a fullscreen jump in the middle of nowhere .,
01:47:928 (6,7) - this is a pretty anticlimatic jump for a high-pitched sound, something like 01:52:954 (2,3) - what you did here might be better instead of just like no gap; this would go for a majority of the patterns using this tho so eh
02:03:478 (1,2) - not a fan of the clap not being clickable here tbh
02:13:373 (1) - slowing this down a bit more to like 02:15:101 - would be cool since this seems a little faster than it should be atm
02:25:624 (2) - wot th fuck is this clap and on a more related note 02:25:467 (1,2,3,4) - why arent all these stacked together since they form the whatever lyric thats here
02:54:682 (1,2) - these arent straight lul
03:18:713 (1,2) - direct stack is pretty ew here, like it works for sliders but circles is like idk man; it worked well in the intro but it just feels so out of place here
03:32:928 (2) - 02:03:478 (1,2) - yea
04:04:970 (7,8,9) - id just keep the rhythm you had going previously here, so a note on 04:04:891 - would be nice
04:09:996 (7,8,9) - ^
04:12:902 (1) - http://puu.sh/sgaZY/bb82937c9a.png

also silence ur slider ticks so my ears dont die while playing

04:15:808 (1,1) - you could map something in between this tho
04:57:980 (1,2) - d
05:19:498 (4,5) - kind of anticlimatic to not continue the DS pattern here honestly, especially with a high vocal note here
05:19:969 (1,2) - on the flipside i feel like this would be better stacked
Topic Starter
RLC
thanks!

fieryrage reply
things not mentioned were addressed in some way or another

00:22:483 (1,1) - I tried putting notes here but it felt kind of forced; i think it feels better to let the map cut out with the building effect in the music
01:13:844 - i think it looks better unstacked (also it looks weird with the NC on 2; i think it's ok like this because 1 has a lot of emphasis)
04:12:902 (1) - it doesn't feel that big while playing imo
01:47:928 (6,7) - gonna be completely honest this is 100% for aesthetics :))) (tbh can't even feel a difference between spaced/not spaced when I play; so I used this stuff a lot just because I like how it looks)
02:03:478 (1,2) - yea people always tell me this is cancer but i still like it for some reason.
02:14:787 - the building effect in the music ends here
02:25:624 - it's drum sampleset? also the 1 doesn't have the other sound in the music backing it, hence why it's separated

03:18:713 (1,2) - but i like this :< i don't see why it's weird; it makes 03:19:185 (2,3) - feel nice
04:12:902 (1) - i actually wanted this to be even slower to reduce chance of people breaking on it, but it's hard capped at 0.10x lol (i might just decrease the global sv and increase all green lines)
also the slider ticks during that slider are intentional (it's the whole reason i have 0.5TR); try deleting it and listening to the way the vocal jumps every two beats
04:15:808 - mapping something in that gap feels forced. it's more suspenseful like this
05:19:498 (4,5) - ok i made it meme :-)
Myxo
Cleaned up the thread. Please keep the memes for reddit, guys. Let's only post stuff that helps the mapper.
Topic Starter
RLC
further adjusted some patterns, added a slidertick hitsound for the slow slider

the black SB disappears during the spinner which is kind of d (only an issue w/ transparent spinners)
if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know
vipto
this map is plagued with inconsistencies, i'll see if i can get around to modding it

without it getting ranked tomorrow or something

Following up, wtf is that mod reply, neither did you repsond to sugeestions you did not apply nor to the ones you did and leaving it with "things not mentioned were addressed in some way or another" is just an easy opt out.
VINXIS
til inconsistencies regardless of them being intentional or not r BAD
ac8129464363

viptwo wrote:

this map is plagued with inconsistencies, i'll see if i can get around to modding it

Following up, wtf is that mod reply, neither did you repsond to sugeestions you did not apply nor to the ones you did and leaving it with "things not mentioned were addressed in some way or another" is just an easy opt out.
opt out of what? you'd rather see him post a wall of fixed fixed fixed fixed fixed fixed fixed fixed?

the point of replying like this is to only give a reply to things that need reasoning. if he ignored parts of fiery's mod, fiery is free to come here and call him out on it.
vipto

deetz wrote:

viptwo wrote:

opt out of what? you'd rather see him post a wall of fixed fixed fixed fixed fixed fixed fixed fixed?

the point of replying like this is to only give a reply to things that need reasoning. if he ignored parts of fiery's mod, fiery is free to come here and call him out on it.
Every mapper is supposed to respond to a mod appropriately, that includes stating why you have/havent applied something from a mod.
show more