Notedrop - Flash DJMax TR Clone

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Azure_Kite

Backfire wrote:

Fuck this shit yo, I got the real game. Why would I need this? :l

I have the real game too. I think it's a good idea to have these sorts of things. If you're gonna troll, go back to Off-Topic. We've no need for you here.
Jinxy

Backfire wrote:

Fuck this shit yo, I got the real game. Why would I need this? :l
Fuck this "osu!" yo, I got EBA and OTO, why would I need this?

Yes, that's how stupid you sound
Backfire
It was a joke.

Do you seriously think I sound like a wigger? Sheez.

But SERIOUSLY, Why do we need MORE flash clones of bemani style games? Theres about 400 and none of them are any better than each other. I think flash flash revolution was the only decent one.

Flash games are hardly ever worth the time.

Yes, it looks mildly more impressive, but it won't be as good as trilogy or the real thing.

Also, why is it JUST a DJMax Trilogy clone? If they're gonna go through the trouble, it couldve been just a DJ max clone itself, since DJ Max is alot more demanded and you cant get it anymore. Personally, I would be more happy with something like that.
DJPop
Very good flash game, but I (and other ppl too) want an actual cloned DJMAX.

Just like this :3

kanpakyin

DJPop wrote:

Very good flash game, but I (and other ppl too) want an actual cloned DJMAX.
lol I love o2jam ><
A good game also.
thepianist

Backfire wrote:

It was a joke.

Do you seriously think I sound like a wigger? Sheez.

But SERIOUSLY, Why do we need MORE flash clones of bemani style games? Theres about 400 and none of them are any better than each other. I think flash flash revolution was the only decent one.

Flash games are hardly ever worth the time.

Yes, it looks mildly more impressive, but it won't be as good as trilogy or the real thing.

Also, why is it JUST a DJMax Trilogy clone? If they're gonna go through the trouble, it couldve been just a DJ max clone itself, since DJ Max is alot more demanded and you cant get it anymore. Personally, I would be more happy with something like that.
Because this started as an assignment for a class, and we thought it would be fun to expand it. Yes, it'll never reach the quality of the real game (we both own a copy), but it's enjoyable to try. If you don't like it, you do not have to play it; after all, you do have the real game.

It is a clone of DJMAX Trilogy because of the keysettings [dfjk] / [sdf/jkl] / [sdfjkl] / [asdf/jkl;] / [asdfjkl;].

(@DJPop: We're trying!)
RandomJibberish
Looks pretty nice, actually. I feel obliged to map something english so I will, although it will probably be completely unauthentic to the original games. Support for multi BPMs would be nice in future, but I'm not sure how it'd be handled :/
thepianist

RandomJibberish wrote:

Looks pretty nice, actually. I feel obliged to map something english so I will, although it will probably be completely unauthentic to the original games. Support for multi BPMs would be nice in future, but I'm not sure how it'd be handled :/
Thanks! (Yeah, I was trying to chart something English, but I don't like how my charts turn out after a while; we look forward to adding it!)

We're trying to figure out multiBPM as well; it will hopefully be possible and added later.

*Tsukasa ~ The Clear Blue Sky 6K-SC added (Technikawesome)
*Tsukasa ~ In My Heart BGV added

5/12 Changelog
• Added tweet button to chart complete screen. Now you can play Notedrop and tweet about it, too!
• Made colors of notes mapped to A, D, K , and ; cyan instead of green for easier reading of patterns
• Made several graphical changes
• Removed MISSes as a result of hitting keys without hitting and note, and made them occur instead when notes were hit way, waaaay too early
• Health drain from MISSes and MAX 10%s lowered
• Getting a MAX 10% on a gold note no longer lowers volume (but does not increase it, either).
• Charts pre-checked and sorted before play, so notes no longer have to be in order. Also, charts are checked for invalid note-values and incomplete lines, which are simply removed.
• Chartlist now fades in instead of suddenly appearing
• Added song and video caching to prevent re-loading and memory leaks
• Fixed bug where default quality and BGV quality would not load
• Fixed bug where highest video quality indicator would spaz out before loading was complete
thepianist

Mukku wrote:

Thepianist, I find 6 key mode really hard to read. I think coloring the D and K notes with different color than the S, F, J and L notes might solve the problem, like in O2jam
Colors of notes mapped to A, D, K , and ; are now cyan instead of green for easier reading of patterns!

Example in 6K:

Cifica
Game looks good, but the notes are kinda too bright for me. Was fun, but i'm too used to o2jam keys.
ddrXero64
I tried this game, and I'm loving how it looks. It is just developing I assume, so I'll stop by later and see if there is a forum or place to provide suggestions. You have my support with it, it has so much potential. :)
thepianist

ddrXero64 wrote:

I tried this game, and I'm loving how it looks. It is just developing I assume, so I'll stop by later and see if there is a forum or place to provide suggestions. You have my support with it, it has so much potential. :)
Thank you!

Forums are set up at http://chromatiqa.org/f
ddrXero64
No problem, it seems I was registered while they were configuring the forum, a lot of errors came up while loading pages. I couldn't reply in certain forums, but I'll wait until the forum is done being configured lol.
Musty
my first try on WhiteBlue is : 525599
Max Combo : 790
Accu: 95.5%

D:

bad attempt i think

EDIT: @thepianist, i'm intersted about charting but i've not understand a lot :/
thepianist

Mustaash wrote:

my first try on WhiteBlue is : 525599
Max Combo : 790
Accu: 95.5%

D:

bad attempt i think

EDIT: @thepianist, i'm intersted about charting but i've not understand a lot :/
Ahaha, what do you need help on?
Rena-chan
It's... Not bad for a start, I guess.

Playing without hit explosions (is that what you call them ?) is REALLY awkward, though.

Also, needs more 6K patterns~
Mukku
Happy30's Secret Base chart freezes for me when I reach 518 combo. The music stops and the dropping notes stop. Keys still work and the green moving "4x combo" text still moves.

What is this D:
Hanyuu
Very cool :D but when i play it it does not look like your video. in the video the combo and Max score moves more realistic.

okay could i reques to make a song? i never tried it before so i am not sure :?
Ijah_old
Best flash based rhythm game I've ever seen.
Sup A Noob
The only problem with these type of games is...

I keep messing up the buttons and forget which belongs to which... To little O2Jam and too much osu! has destroyed that feeling.
thepianist

Mukku wrote:

Happy30's Secret Base chart freezes for me when I reach 518 combo. The music stops and the dropping notes stop. Keys still work and the green moving "4x combo" text still moves.

What is this D:
Checked it online, it doesn't do so for me or many others. Clear cache and reload the map again?

Hanyuu wrote:

Very cool :D but when i play it it does not look like your video. in the video the combo and Max score moves more realistic.

okay could i reques to make a song? i never tried it before so i am not sure :?
Moves more...realistic? I know the videos are from older builds, maybe that is it?
You could request to make a song! Just e-mail us and we'll try to get to it ASAP.

Ijah wrote:

Best flash based rhythm game I've ever seen.
Thanks!

xXSupanoobXx wrote:

The only problem with these type of games is...

I keep messing up the buttons and forget which belongs to which... To little O2Jam and too much osu! has destroyed that feeling.
hahaha I know this feeling
Jesse026
-_-