forum

[Archived] Problem with streaming osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Zac-
Problem Details: So i've tried to stream with the obs studio where i got everything including twitch alerts and my overlay and also my game but the problem is. the game doesnt show up at all whatever i try refreshing and alot of methods including other forum posts from other websites but today i figured out that if i were to on multi adapter compability it shows up... does anyone know if its safe to do it or not cause it lags my game alot probably down to 20-10 fps

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://gyazo.com/5a964659610022522b48eaa2fa222dd5 without multi adapter compatibility and with https://gyazo.com/52993a4e287d5d21b1ba01c2688c4764

osu! version: 20161101.2 (latest)
Kao
Could you list your specs here? It would help a lot

In osu! Try disabling compatibility mode
(Mine was black when this was on)
Then, make sure osu! Is running with your graphics card and not integrated graphics (especially on laptops)
If you have nvdia, you can set this by right clicking osu! > run with graphics card
(This made it finally show up in Game Capture)

You can also make the resolution smaller go reduce lag
If you still can't, you should go on windowed mode and use screen capture instead.
However, this is unrecommended since you'll have increased latency
Topic Starter
Zac-

Kao wrote:

Could you list your specs here? It would help a lot

In osu! Try disabling compatibility mode
(Mine was black when this was on)
Then, make sure osu! Is running with your graphics card and not integrated graphics (especially on laptops)
If you have nvdia, you can set this by right clicking osu! > run with graphics card
(This made it finally show up in Game Capture)

You can also make the resolution smaller go reduce lag
If you still can't, you should go on windowed mode and use screen capture instead.
However, this is unrecommended since you'll have increased latency
Windows 10
Nvidia Geforce 950m
8 GB RAM
Intel Core i7-6700HQ
I tried the above method it didn't work
The below method worked but still very laggy.
NeVMiku
Are you using NVENC? And is your game running off dGPU while doing so?

Try to run the game with dGPU and use NVENC in OBS. It works for me.
Kao
It's black because OBS doesn't "see" osu! Running since it only works with games that uses DirectX.
Windowed mode fixes this, aswell as forcing osu! To run with the GPU (nvenc)