forum

Mike Ault - Game Time (Feat. Dr. Awkward)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Arisa Ichigaya

Zing wrote:

Your mod, sir.

DISCLAIMER: Wherever I said that I did something in your map, I mean that I did it while modding, which doesn't affect the online copy of the map.

TIMING
Decrease the offset by 1,308 ms to match your timing's on-beat with the song's on-beat.

GROUND GOAL
Easy/Normal modes should have consistent spacing throughout, meaning that the distance should always be 1.00x, +-5%. The following points have inconsistent spacing:
00:05:126 (2,1)
00:35:671 (4,1)

00:39:489 (2,3,1) - I would avoid overlaying any notes in an Easy mode. Remember, the beginner is going to have a very basic reading ability, and they can very well fail to see (3).

00:44:808 (1) - Place this on-beat. This is okay for higher modes but for easy/normal modes this causes it to be unrankable in two ways. First that no 1/4 snaps should be used in lower modes, and second that the spinner starts too short after the last object.

DRIBBLE

I would say no to the 1/4 beats here, if the song wasn't so low BPM.

00:09:907 - change the inheriting point to 00:09:898 to keep it clean.
00:38:944 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This pattern seems a bit too tricky for an intermediate player. Make this stream on a bezier curve like the rest of the streams in the map. (If you have troubles, try slider-to-stream)

DASHING

HP, OD seem low, and CS seems high. I hope Pootis has a good reason for this...

2.00 SV is a no go, especially since it seems very random where the SV increases. This isn't at all beneficial, it's just disorienting. Lower the SV for every case where it's increased, and if you are going to change the SV, limit it to 1.50 and have it make sense with the song.

00:18:353 (1) - This is just a very, very pointless slider. Nix it altogether. And perhaps replace it with a circle at 00:18:762 (1)

00:21:081 (2,3,4) - Make each one of these reverse once and space them closer together. Perhaps change the hitsound on the head of each slider to where it can be heard.

00:22:990 (2,3,4,5) - Something must be done about this pattern, it is chronologically illogical. Perhaps trade (3) off to make it a horizontal couplet with (2) as 00:22:990 (2,3)

00:40:717 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - It doesn't make sense to start these sliders on the blue tick. See also my comments about SV

00:43:512 (2,3,4) - Even more illogical is starting these flutters on yellow ticks. Is Pootis even trying...?

AERIAL

Again, don't double the SV when making it increase; try 1.50x instead. At least where you did this makes sense.

00:02:944 (5,6,1) - Try moving (5) to stack on the reverse arrow of (1).

00:08:944 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - This is hard to read. Try adjusting slider (7) or make (5) land on the head or tail of another object in the series. I made (5) land on the head of (9) and (6) land on its tail, and it seemed better.

00:16:853 (2) - Move this closer to 00:16:581 (1) so that the beat marked by the next jump is more emphasized.

00:17:671 (1,2,3,4,5) - I moved (3) and (4) to be a perfect triangle with (2) at 0.8 DS - this also makes the transition between (4) and (5) a bit smoother since it's not a complete 180 degree reversal.

00:17:808 (2) - Move this so that 00:16:990 (1) blankets it, which improves readability.

00:19:581 (4,5,6,7,8) - Distance (6) a little more from (5) to emphasize the beat, and change (7) and (8) to be a little more spaced out from (6), and the same distance away as each other.

00:31:717 (10,1,2,3) - There's an opportunity here to stack (3) on top of (10) or vice-versa. I would recommend moving (2,3) as a cohesive unit until (3) is on top of (10), and move (1) until it looks right with the new arrangement.

00:34:035 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - Too much of a jump in difficulty from the rest of the map. Tone it down slightly, or jump the rest of the map up in intensity to be closer to it. See also 00:25:308 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)

00:39:762 (5,6,7,8) - Adjust (8) so that it appears to the right of (5,6,7), or manually stack the latter so that it marches left and meets the former. As it stands, it looks weird.

00:43:308 (5,6,7,8,1,2) - Move (1,2) as a unit to stack the head of (1) with (6).

That's about all. Let me know what you do decide to do with this mod, and don't forget the kudosu if you liked the advice!

I've done my work, sorry I was rushing to shit this shit out.
https://puu.sh/sfqVF/b97c8eadd0.osu
I had the HP and OD low for the 1/8 streaming part at the end. CS was high for the sliders right before the stream.
And this is my 2nd map.
Thanks for the mod.
Mregoo
OVERALL:
  1. Preview timing in Dribble Goal is different from other difficulties
Aerial Goal
  1. As someone already suggested, the 1x --> 2x SV changes feel very drastic while playing. I get the idea behind increasing the SV and I'd do the same, but not by that much.
Feel free to ignore the below if you don't share the same vision, but I feel like you skipped some significant beats in order to map lyrics. I think you can merge both together fairly well.

1. 00:18:762 - I think you should add a circle here as it's pretty significant beat.
  2. 00:19:308 - I feel like this beat should be emphasized too. I'd suggest this to fix this + the above one.
  3. 00:20:808 (1) - I get you're trying to map the lyrics over the beat, but it feels wrong just skipping the white tick in middle of the slider. I'd suggest the same thing as above, turn it into a circle + 1/4 slider. That way you still keep mapping the lyrics while also including a major beat.
  4. 00:22:444 (1) - Same as above.
  5. 00:22:444 (1,2,3,4) - Same issue as above, but would be awkward to apply the same fix due to previous combo ending with 1/4s, maybe try something like this?
  1. Also, maybe put in some more effort into blanketing. For example: 00:12:217 (1,2,3,4,5) - curve of 2 could match the approach circle of 5, same with 3 and 4 maybe? (Very similar as you did with 2 and 4 of the next combo, that one looks way better, doesn't it?)
-Pootis-'s Dashing Goal

Took the eddited .osu file posted in the replay above.

1. Fix snapping of some sliders after SV changes. 00:08:944 (1,2) - and 00:17:126 (1) - as examples.
  2. I feel like 00:11:126 (5) - and 00:13:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - are mapped way too differently while sounding very similar. That was something that threw me off pretty hard the first time playing the map. The first slider kind of indicates you prioritize mapping the beat over lyrics, but then right after you skip this here 00:12:217 - pretty significant beat. But the next combos seem more lyrics oriented. Keeping consistency in your mapping is very key, especially so in lower end difficulties. I'd suggest something like this
  3. 00:15:081 - feel like this should be mapped, but more importantly - I'd advise trying to start 1/4 sliders on white ticks and ending on blue ticks, not the other way around. In this case moving the slider to white tick and adding a circle where it started previously takes care of a) unmapped beat, b) emphasizes the white tick instead of the blue one, and c) doesn't change the concept of how you intend the part to be played. So something like this instead of this
  4. If you agree with the above one, 00:15:217 (4) - need the same thing. I'd break it into two circles on red and blue and a slider starting on white tick and ending on the unmapped blue tick making the whole combo look like this. I feel like it plays way better, can be blanketed to look nice too.
  5. 00:16:581 - should be mapped too, try playing around this and the following combo in a similar fashion as the one before.
  6. 00:17:535 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Try making 7 and 8 into a slider maybe? Could position 2 through 6 in a straight line, with the slider curving off and thee note after a little further away in the direction slider curves off to. Either way, this part should be made very similar to the first combo I talked on the 2nd point ( 00:11:126 (5) - this one). I'd honestly just copy the objects from the earlier and paste them in whenever music repeats itself, just adjust the positioning on the playfield.
  7. 00:18:899 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Feel like this combo skips many beats too. While you're prioritizing the lyrics, I think you should map both. Just try placing objects like this and see if you like it any better. If not, try to play around until you find a compromise you find better, but you should include at least the first white tick you have a timing point on.
  8. 0:20:535 (1,2,3,4,5) - What is going on in here? I like the idea you had here with the reverse sliders, trying to switch things up. But you're skipping the bigger beats on white ticks.. to focus on lyrics? Well thn, the word "critics" starts on the white tick, and the blue tick after the slider(3) has a distinct sound of voice on it too. Again, try playing around and find a compromise that'd keep the slider-oriented theme while including both - the major beats and flow of thee lyrics. A random solution I'd go for maybe, but see what you like for yourself c:
  9. 00:22:581 (1,2,3,4,5) - Again, I like the idea you had going into this, but it's a bit off imo. Like, 5 isn't representing any sound, really. Even the blue tick between 3 and 4 has something there. Not to talk about the word "work" starting on the red tick. Try something like this. Keeps the same flow, emphasizing the little pause there, but fits the music a lot better imo.
  10. 00:23:808 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This one's a bit better, but I feel like it should start on the white tick. You can simply add a circle on it before the reverse slider and you're good. Other than that it's fine. I'd only suggest making (2) a slider ending on the next blue tick.
  11. 00:25:444 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - Other than fixing slider length after SV changes (1st point), I'd reconsider which beats you want to emphasize more (start sliders on them) and which are less important (slider ends, or reversing point). This part should be made similar than the other slider-centered combo earlier (one I talked about undr the point of 0:20:535 (1,2,3,4,5) - )
  12. 00:28:172 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I think like this combo should start on the white tick too. I would also make (5) a slider that ends on the next blue tick, and make (6) into a 1/4 slider and a circle on the white tick it ended.
  13. 00:30:081 (1,2,3,4,5) - The only thing that feels a bit off is (3) and (4). The word "Running" being spelled through the next blue tick after (3), and (4) ending on a white tick that should bee clicked instead. Try something like this?
  14. 00:34:035 - Don't ignore this beat, please.
  15. In Kiai time, try to have a bit more consistent spacing. Not saying to turn on DS, but there are few that feel a bit too close or too far apart compared to the rest of it. 00:39:490 (5,6) - Example of two feeling a bit too far apart. 00:40:581 (1,2,1) - Could be a bit further apart? Pretty neat job on blanketing the sliders tho!
  16. I'm also a bit concerned about having a 220bpm stream at the end of a 3.75 star. Maybe it isn't much of a problem, but people who'd usually play the difficulty over others rarely can stream that fast. You could try to increase spacing elsewhere to get it to like lower 4 star range or just have the stream as reverse slider(s) too? That won't hurt either.
Note:I'm so sorry for touching on almost everything. It's just my subjective opinion, but I feel like most of the skipped beats I highlighted did make the map a bit awkward. I mean it's ok if you see it being that way, but for sake of ease and enjoyment of playing the map - including those beats in a good fashion won't make the map much different from how you saw it originally while making it a lot natural to the average player. Also, I think that having consistency between very similar sounding parts is very important, especially on difficulties that aren't too difficult (like nearing 5 stars and above). You might be aware of this and intentionally avoided consistency and some major white ticks in order to show the song in your own way! But still, I feel like I had to point these out. My 2nd map was way worse and more inconsistent. It's something you can only learn and improve on by seeing and acknowledging the errors you've made and fixing them. Again, it's just my subjective opinion, maybe you don't think of the highlighted things as of any kind of errors. And God damn, this mod took so much time and effort for a 0:44 long map, hope it helped!

Dribble Goal

I'm no expert in lower difficulties, but just because of the use of 1/4s (essentially 220bpm singletaps) I'd change the AR to 7.5 if not 8, else it might bee overwhelming to read for someone playing a 2.8 star map.

Also, as the previous mod suggested, 00:38:944 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - seems too advanced. Not only the sequence of 1/4s but also the fact it starts right after a slider ends makes it even harder. I know you want to make it more difficult than the rest as to highlight the music, but the fact it's a bit longer and in between sliders with no unmapped 1/4s in between, would already make it be hard enough even if you used the same spacing as here - 00:14:398 (1,2,3,4)

Ground Goal

Just as the other mod addressed - normal difficulties need constant DS, try to avoid overlaps if possible and fix the last spinner.

I'd also suggest placing a circle on 00:27:490
Topic Starter
Steffen
Zing's mod!

Zing wrote:

Your mod, sir.

DISCLAIMER: Wherever I said that I did something in your map, I mean that I did it while modding, which doesn't affect the online copy of the map.
I know suuuuuuuuch x3
TIMING
Decrease the offset by 1,308 ms to match your timing's on-beat with the song's on-beat.
Unsure about this so I'm leaving it as it is now.

GROUND GOAL
Easy/Normal modes should have consistent spacing throughout, meaning that the distance should always be 1.00x, +-5%. The following points have inconsistent spacing:

00:05:126 (2,1)
00:35:671 (4,1)
Fixed!

00:39:489 (2,3,1) - I would avoid overlaying any notes in an Easy mode. Remember, the beginner is going to have a very basic reading ability, and they can very well fail to see (3).
Okay, I think it should be okay now!

00:44:808 (1) - Place this on-beat. This is okay for higher modes but for easy/normal modes this causes it to be unrankable in two ways. First that no 1/4 snaps should be used in lower modes, and second that the spinner starts too short after the last object.
Spinner is slightly shorter, but it's better now and snapped to 1/2

DRIBBLE

I would say no to the 1/4 beats here, if the song wasn't so low BPM.

00:09:907 - change the inheriting point to 00:09:898 to keep it clean.
I has Riktoi help me with this. Should be fixed....?
00:38:944 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - This pattern seems a bit too tricky for an intermediate player. Make this stream on a bezier curve like the rest of the streams in the map. (If you have troubles, try slider-to-stream)
I made it more straight

DASHING

HP, OD seem low, and CS seems high. I hope Pootis has a good reason for this...

2.00 SV is a no go, especially since it seems very random where the SV increases. This isn't at all beneficial, it's just disorienting. Lower the SV for every case where it's increased, and if you are going to change the SV, limit it to 1.50 and have it make sense with the song.

00:18:353 (1) - This is just a very, very pointless slider. Nix it altogether. And perhaps replace it with a circle at 00:18:762 (1)

00:21:081 (2,3,4) - Make each one of these reverse once and space them closer together. Perhaps change the hitsound on the head of each slider to where it can be heard.

00:22:990 (2,3,4,5) - Something must be done about this pattern, it is chronologically illogical. Perhaps trade (3) off to make it a horizontal couplet with (2) as 00:22:990 (2,3)

00:40:717 (1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - It doesn't make sense to start these sliders on the blue tick. See also my comments about SV

00:43:512 (2,3,4) - Even more illogical is starting these flutters on yellow ticks. Is Pootis even trying...?

AERIAL

Again, don't double the SV when making it increase; try 1.50x instead. At least where you did this makes sense.
Ooops, well, I know it was kinda too high, but considering it was an extra I kept it at that

00:02:944 (5,6,1) - Try moving (5) to stack on the reverse arrow of (1).
Preeeeeeettier

00:08:944 (4,5,6,7,8,9) - This is hard to read. Try adjusting slider (7) or make (5) land on the head or tail of another object in the series. I made (5) land on the head of (9) and (6) land on its tail, and it seemed better.
I changed it a bit and I dunno if it looks better or not

00:16:853 (2) - Move this closer to 00:16:581 (1) so that the beat marked by the next jump is more emphasized.
I moved the three sliders instead

00:17:671 (1,2,3,4,5) - I moved (3) and (4) to be a perfect triangle with (2) at 0.8 DS - this also makes the transition between (4) and (5) a bit smoother since it's not a complete 180 degree reversal.
Made this into a triangle with some space to spot the new circles then Illuminati confirmed xdddddddddd

00:17:808 (2) - Move this so that 00:16:990 (1) blankets it, which improves readability.
Okayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

00:19:581 (4,5,6,7,8) - Distance (6) a little more from (5) to emphasize the beat, and change (7) and (8) to be a little more spaced out from (6), and the same distance away as each other.
Should be better now!

00:31:717 (10,1,2,3) - There's an opportunity here to stack (3) on top of (10) or vice-versa. I would recommend moving (2,3) as a cohesive unit until (3) is on top of (10), and move (1) until it looks right with the new arrangement.
IN ENGRISH? jk. Moved 3 on top of 10.

00:34:035 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,4,5) - Too much of a jump in difficulty from the rest of the map. Tone it down slightly, or jump the rest of the map up in intensity to be closer to it. See also 00:25:308 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8)
Nerfed it quite a bit so it's doable For me, cause I'm a noob :'3

00:39:762 (5,6,7,8) - Adjust (8) so that it appears to the right of (5,6,7), or manually stack the latter so that it marches left and meets the former. As it stands, it looks weird.

00:43:308 (5,6,7,8,1,2) - Move (1,2) as a unit to stack the head of (1) with (6).
I changed the pattern so it looks better

NOTE: I changed SV after applying a few things so I might have messed something up. Feel free to mod again if you didn't like. I dunno! Thankies Zingy :3
That's about all. Let me know what you do decide to do with this mod, and don't forget the kudosu if you liked the advice!

Mregoo's mod!

Mregoo wrote:

OVERALL:
  1. Preview timing in Dribble Goal is different from other difficulties
Already fixed.

Aerial Goal
  1. As someone already suggested, the 1x --> 2x SV changes feel very drastic while playing. I get the idea behind increasing the SV and I'd do the same, but not by that much.
I got that too!

Feel free to ignore the below if you don't share the same vision, but I feel like you skipped some significant beats in order to map lyrics. I think you can merge both together fairly well.

1. 00:18:762 - I think you should add a circle here as it's pretty significant beat.
    Done! I saw it (or heard) too
  2. 00:19:308 - I feel like this beat should be emphasized too. I'd suggest this to fix this + the above one.
    Blehh, I disagree. The sliderrepear should do it good enough I think.
  3. 00:20:808 (1) - I get you're trying to map the lyrics over the beat, but it feels wrong just skipping the white tick in middle of the slider. I'd suggest the same thing as above, turn it into a circle + 1/4 slider. That way you still keep mapping the lyrics while also including a major beat.
    I did something, and it turned out as two sliders instead of one, which should emphasize it enough.
  4. 00:22:444 (1) - Same as above.
    Fixed that!
  5. 00:22:444 (1,2,3,4) - Same issue as above, but would be awkward to apply the same fix due to previous combo ending with 1/4s, maybe try something like this?
    Nope! Although I took note of what you have said.
  1. Also, maybe put in some more effort into blanketing. For example: 00:12:217 (1,2,3,4,5) - curve of 2 could match the approach circle of 5, same with 3 and 4 maybe? (Very similar as you did with 2 and 4 of the next combo, that one looks way better, doesn't it?)
-Pootis-'s Dashing Goal

1. Fix snapping of some sliders after SV changes. 00:08:944 (1,2) - and 00:17:126 (1) - as examples.
  2. I feel like 00:11:126 (5) - and 00:13:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - are mapped way too differently while sounding very similar. That was something that threw me off pretty hard the first time playing the map. The first slider kind of indicates you prioritize mapping the beat over lyrics, but then right after you skip this here 00:12:217 - pretty significant beat. But the next combos seem more lyrics oriented. Keeping consistency in your mapping is very key, especially so in lower end difficulties. I'd suggest something like this
  3. 00:15:081 - feel like this should be mapped, but more importantly - I'd advise trying to start 1/4 sliders on white ticks and ending on blue ticks, not the other way around. In this case moving the slider to white tick and adding a circle where it started previously takes care of a) unmapped beat, b) emphasizes the white tick instead of the blue one, and c) doesn't change the concept of how you intend the part to be played. So something like this instead of this
  4. If you agree with the above one, 00:15:217 (4) - need the same thing. I'd break it into two circles on red and blue and a slider starting on white tick and ending on the unmapped blue tick making the whole combo look like this. I feel like it plays way better, can be blanketed to look nice too.
  5. 00:16:581 - should be mapped too, try playing around this and the following combo in a similar fashion as the one before.
  6. 00:17:535 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Try making 7 and 8 into a slider maybe? Could position 2 through 6 in a straight line, with the slider curving off and thee note after a little further away in the direction slider curves off to. Either way, this part should be made very similar to the first combo I talked on the 2nd point ( 00:11:126 (5) - this one). I'd honestly just copy the objects from the earlier and paste them in whenever music repeats itself, just adjust the positioning on the playfield.
  7. 00:18:899 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Feel like this combo skips many beats too. While you're prioritizing the lyrics, I think you should map both. Just try placing objects like this and see if you like it any better. If not, try to play around until you find a compromise you find better, but you should include at least the first white tick you have a timing point on.
  8. 0:20:535 (1,2,3,4,5) - What is going on in here? I like the idea you had here with the reverse sliders, trying to switch things up. But you're skipping the bigger beats on white ticks.. to focus on lyrics? Well thn, the word "critics" starts on the white tick, and the blue tick after the slider(3) has a distinct sound of voice on it too. Again, try playing around and find a compromise that'd keep the slider-oriented theme while including both - the major beats and flow of thee lyrics. A random solution I'd go for maybe, but see what you like for yourself c:
  9. 00:22:581 (1,2,3,4,5) - Again, I like the idea you had going into this, but it's a bit off imo. Like, 5 isn't representing any sound, really. Even the blue tick between 3 and 4 has something there. Not to talk about the word "work" starting on the red tick. Try something like this. Keeps the same flow, emphasizing the little pause there, but fits the music a lot better imo.
  10. 00:23:808 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This one's a bit better, but I feel like it should start on the white tick. You can simply add a circle on it before the reverse slider and you're good. Other than that it's fine. I'd only suggest making (2) a slider ending on the next blue tick.
  11. 00:25:444 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - Other than fixing slider length after SV changes (1st point), I'd reconsider which beats you want to emphasize more (start sliders on them) and which are less important (slider ends, or reversing point). This part should be made similar than the other slider-centered combo earlier (one I talked about undr the point of 0:20:535 (1,2,3,4,5) - )
  12. 00:28:172 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I think like this combo should start on the white tick too. I would also make (5) a slider that ends on the next blue tick, and make (6) into a 1/4 slider and a circle on the white tick it ended.
  13. 00:30:081 (1,2,3,4,5) - The only thing that feels a bit off is (3) and (4). The word "Running" being spelled through the next blue tick after (3), and (4) ending on a white tick that should bee clicked instead. Try something like this?
  14. 00:34:035 - Don't ignore this beat, please.
  15. In Kiai time, try to have a bit more consistent spacing. Not saying to turn on DS, but there are few that feel a bit too close or too far apart compared to the rest of it. 00:39:490 (5,6) - Example of two feeling a bit too far apart. 00:40:581 (1,2,1) - Could be a bit further apart? Pretty neat job on blanketing the sliders tho!
  16. I'm also a bit concerned about having a 220bpm stream at the end of a 3.75 star. Maybe it isn't much of a problem, but people who'd usually play the difficulty over others rarely can stream that fast. You could try to increase spacing elsewhere to get it to like lower 4 star range or just have the stream as reverse slider(s) too? That won't hurt either.
Note:I'm so sorry for touching on almost everything. It's just my subjective opinion, but I feel like most of the skipped beats I highlighted did make the map a bit awkward. I mean it's ok if you see it being that way, but for sake of ease and enjoyment of playing the map - including those beats in a good fashion won't make the map much different from how you saw it originally while making it a lot natural to the average player. Also, I think that having consistency between very similar sounding parts is very important, especially on difficulties that aren't too difficult (like nearing 5 stars and above). You might be aware of this and intentionally avoided consistency and some major white ticks in order to show the song in your own way! But still, I feel like I had to point these out. My 2nd map was way worse and more inconsistent. It's something you can only learn and improve on by seeing and acknowledging the errors you've made and fixing them. Again, it's just my subjective opinion, maybe you don't think of the highlighted things as of any kind of errors. And God damn, this mod took so much time and effort for a 0:44 long map, hope it helped!

Dribble Goal

I'm no expert in lower difficulties, but just because of the use of 1/4s (essentially 220bpm singletaps) I'd change the AR to 7.5 if not 8, else it might bee overwhelming to read for someone playing a 2.8 star map.
Okay, so I "Beed" did that!

Also, as the previous mod suggested, 00:38:944 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - seems too advanced. Not only the sequence of 1/4s but also the fact it starts right after a slider ends makes it even harder. I know you want to make it more difficult than the rest as to highlight the music, but the fact it's a bit longer and in between sliders with no unmapped 1/4s in between, would already make it be hard enough even if you used the same spacing as here - 00:14:398 (1,2,3,4)
Was already fixed!

Ground Goal

Just as the other mod addressed - normal difficulties need constant DS, try to avoid overlaps if possible and fix the last spinner.
Already applied

I'd also suggest placing a circle on 00:27:490
I did that! If alot of people complain I'll removed it though

I kept the 2x SV change on ONE part, because I feel it kinda fits. That's all, every other SV change was changed to 1.5x
I'll wait for -Pootis- to give me an updated version of his map.
Arisa Ichigaya

Mregoo wrote:

-Pootis-'s Dashing Goal

Fix snapping of some sliders after SV changes. 00:08:944 (1,2) - and 00:17:126 (1) - as examples.
I feel like 00:11:126 (5) - and 00:13:035 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - are mapped way too differently while sounding very similar. That was something that threw me off pretty hard the first time playing the map. The first slider kind of indicates you prioritize mapping the beat over lyrics, but then right after you skip this here 00:12:217 - pretty significant beat. But the next combos seem more lyrics oriented. Keeping consistency in your mapping is very key, especially so in lower end difficulties. I'd suggest something like this
00:15:081 - feel like this should be mapped, but more importantly - I'd advise trying to start 1/4 sliders on white ticks and ending on blue ticks, not the other way around. In this case moving the slider to white tick and adding a circle where it started previously takes care of a) unmapped beat, b) emphasizes the white tick instead of the blue one, and c) doesn't change the concept of how you intend the part to be played. So something like this instead of this
If you agree with the above one, 00:15:217 (4) - need the same thing. I'd break it into two circles on red and blue and a slider starting on white tick and ending on the unmapped blue tick making the whole combo look like this. I feel like it plays way better, can be blanketed to look nice too.
00:16:581 - should be mapped too, try playing around this and the following combo in a similar fashion as the one before.
00:17:535 (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - Try making 7 and 8 into a slider maybe? Could position 2 through 6 in a straight line, with the slider curving off and thee note after a little further away in the direction slider curves off to. Either way, this part should be made very similar to the first combo I talked on the 2nd point ( 00:11:126 (5) - this one). I'd honestly just copy the objects from the earlier and paste them in whenever music repeats itself, just adjust the positioning on the playfield.
00:18:899 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Feel like this combo skips many beats too. While you're prioritizing the lyrics, I think you should map both. Just try placing objects like this and see if you like it any better. If not, try to play around until you find a compromise you find better, but you should include at least the first white tick you have a timing point on.
0:20:535 (1,2,3,4,5) - What is going on in here? I like the idea you had here with the reverse sliders, trying to switch things up. But you're skipping the bigger beats on white ticks.. to focus on lyrics? Well thn, the word "critics" starts on the white tick, and the blue tick after the slider(3) has a distinct sound of voice on it too. Again, try playing around and find a compromise that'd keep the slider-oriented theme while including both - the major beats and flow of thee lyrics. A random solution I'd go for maybe, but see what you like for yourself c:
00:22:581 (1,2,3,4,5) - Again, I like the idea you had going into this, but it's a bit off imo. Like, 5 isn't representing any sound, really. Even the blue tick between 3 and 4 has something there. Not to talk about the word "work" starting on the red tick. Try something like this. Keeps the same flow, emphasizing the little pause there, but fits the music a lot better imo.
00:23:808 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - This one's a bit better, but I feel like it should start on the white tick. You can simply add a circle on it before the reverse slider and you're good. Other than that it's fine. I'd only suggest making (2) a slider ending on the next blue tick.
00:25:444 (1,2,1,2,3,4,1) - Other than fixing slider length after SV changes (1st point), I'd reconsider which beats you want to emphasize more (start sliders on them) and which are less important (slider ends, or reversing point). This part should be made similar than the other slider-centered combo earlier (one I talked about undr the point of 0:20:535 (1,2,3,4,5) - )
00:28:172 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - I think like this combo should start on the white tick too. I would also make (5) a slider that ends on the next blue tick, and make (6) into a 1/4 slider and a circle on the white tick it ended.
00:30:081 (1,2,3,4,5) - The only thing that feels a bit off is (3) and (4). The word "Running" being spelled through the next blue tick after (3), and (4) ending on a white tick that should bee clicked instead. Try something like this?
00:34:035 - Don't ignore this beat, please.
In Kiai time, try to have a bit more consistent spacing. Not saying to turn on DS, but there are few that feel a bit too close or too far apart compared to the rest of it. 00:39:490 (5,6) - Example of two feeling a bit too far apart. 00:40:581 (1,2,1) - Could be a bit further apart? Pretty neat job on blanketing the sliders tho!
I'm also a bit concerned about having a 220bpm stream at the end of a 3.75 star. Maybe it isn't much of a problem, but people who'd usually play the difficulty over others rarely can stream that fast. You could try to increase spacing elsewhere to get it to like lower 4 star range or just have the stream as reverse slider(s) too? That won't hurt either.
I appreciate the time you took to mod my map! I fixed almost all of the mistakes. I was probably tired that day. I was just placing circles everywhere. I suck at prioritizing sounds. I changed the CS to 4.5 to increase the difficulty of the 1/4 slider part. Anyway, here's the link to the new .osu file. https://puu.sh/sfYDk/e0dc0df3a3.osu
Mregoo

-Pootis- wrote:

Mregoo wrote:

(..)
I appreciate the time you took to mod my map! I fixed almost all of the mistakes. I was probably tired that day. I was just placing circles everywhere. I suck at prioritizing sounds. I changed the CS to 4.5 to increase the difficulty of the 1/4 slider part. Anyway, here's the link to the new .osu file. https://puu.sh/sfYDk/e0dc0df3a3.osu
No problem, glad it helped! I think you seem to have some potential for someone who hasn't mapped much. Every time you play a map and find it at least above average, try to notice how it's built, how an instrument (or vocals) is emphasized more than others etc. and keep reviewing your own maps and see where you can improve. I'm not experienced at all myself, but map by map, I (and people I give to test play them) start to like what I'm making more and more. Just keep going! c:

P.S. 00:34:308 (1,3,4,5) - forgot to fix the sliders after changing the SV on this combo. I also agree that CS larger than 4 fits pretty well, but 5 was a bit too much; 4.5 seems like a nice compromise.
Arisa Ichigaya

Mregoo wrote:

-Pootis- wrote:

No problem, glad it helped! I think you seem to have some potential for someone who hasn't mapped much. Every time you play a map and find it at least above average, try to notice how it's built, how an instrument (or vocals) is emphasized more than others etc. and keep reviewing your own maps and see where you can improve. I'm not experienced at all myself, but map by map, I (and people I give to test play them) start to like what I'm making more and more. Just keep going! c:

P.S. 00:34:308 (1,3,4,5) - forgot to fix the sliders after changing the SV on this combo. I also agree that CS larger than 4 fits pretty well, but 5 was a bit too much; 4.5 seems like a nice compromise.
Good call! I seem to rush maps and push them out as quickly as possible, it's just in my personality. Here's the new new new new new .osu file. https://puu.sh/sggom/5103bb73de.osu
blooming tea
Ground Goal

00:02:944 (2) - Add whistle
00:05:126 (2) - ^
00:07:853 (1) - Add clap
00:09:489 (2) - Add finish
00:11:671 (3) - Add whistle
00:13:307 (2) - ^
00:13:853 (3) - Try put finish here
00:15:489 (2) - Whistle
00:16:035 (3) - Finish
00:16:580 (1) - Finish
00:18:217 (2) - ^
00:18:762 (1) - Whistle
00:19:307 (2) - Finish+Clap
00:19:853 (3) - Whistle
00:20:944 (1) - Finish+Clap
00:22:035 (2) - ^
00:22:580 (3) -^
00:23:671 (2) - Whistle
00:24:762 (3) - Finish
00:27:489 (1) - Finish+Clap
00:28:035 (1) - Whistle
00:29:126 (2) - Finish+Clap
00:29:671 (1) - Whistle
00:30:762 (2) - Clap
00:31:307 (3) - Finish+Clap
00:31:853 (1,2) - Whistle
00:34:035 (1,2,3) -Finish+Clap
00:35:671 (4) - Whistle
00:36:217 (1) - ^
00:37:307 (2,3) - Clap
00:38:398 (1) - Whistle
00:39:489 (2,3) - Clap
00:40:580 (1) - Whistle
00:42:217 (2,1,2) - Finish+Clap
00:44:944 (1) - Remove that spinner. It's after song a bit.

EDIT: 00:37:307 (2,3) - try finish here
00:38:398 (1) - clap
00:39:489 (2,3) - finish+clap
00:40:580 (1) - clap
00:42:217 (2) - finish
Mregoo

-Pootis- wrote:

Mregoo wrote:

(..)
Good call! I seem to rush maps and push them out as quickly as possible, it's just in my personality. Here's the new new new new new .osu file. https://puu.sh/sggom/5103bb73de.osu
Meanwhile it takes me an hour (if not more) to map 20 seconds ^_^
Topic Starter
Steffen
My response to your hitsounding mod, Dentek
So, before I go through this, I am aware I didn't hitsound the normal diff any much, mostly cause I wasn't sure how I was gonna do it. So thanks alot.

dentek wrote:

Ground Goal

00:02:944 (2) - Add whistle
Check!

00:05:126 (2) - ^
Check!

00:07:853 (1) - Add clap
Check!

00:09:489 (2) - Add finish
Check! It fits. I was being carefull about using finishes you know

00:11:671 (3) - Add whistle
Check!

00:13:307 (2) - ^
Check!

00:13:853 (3) - Try put finish here
Check! Subject to change though.

00:15:489 (2) - Whistle
Check!

00:16:035 (3) - Finish
Nah, it doesn't really fit

00:16:580 (1) - Finish
Added a clap instead

00:18:217 (2) - ^
But HERE it fits

00:18:762 (1) - Whistle
Check!

00:19:307 (2) - Finish+Clap
A finish doesn't really fit. Added clap only

00:19:853 (3) - Whistle
Check!

00:20:944 (1) - Finish+Clap
Check! But again, no finish

00:22:035 (2) - ^
00:22:580 (3) -^
I did something on those two.

00:23:671 (2) - Whistle
I prefer whistle and clap.

00:24:762 (3) - Finish
Disagree

00:27:489 (1) - Finish+Clap
Added whistle instead

00:28:035 (1) - Whistle
00:29:126 (2) - Finish+Clap
00:29:671 (1) - Whistle
00:30:762 (2) - Clap
00:31:307 (3) - Finish+Clap
00:31:853 (1,2) - Whistle
00:34:035 (1,2,3) -Finish+Clap
00:35:671 (4) - Whistle
00:36:217 (1) - ^
00:37:307 (2,3) - Clap
00:38:398 (1) - Whistle
00:39:489 (2,3) - Clap
00:40:580 (1) - Whistle
00:42:217 (2,1,2) - Finish+Clap

I don't want to go through every single sound, so I smacked on some hitsounds myself instead. Try modding it now. Sorry for wasting your time. >.< Also, imo you should use finishes sparingly

00:44:944 (1) - Remove that spinner. It's after song a bit.
If you listen closely, it ends just as the song has faded out completely. Also, I think the spinner fits with being there, so no need to remove it. PLUS, every other diff (except -Pootis-'s GD) has a spinner in the end.
Arisa Ichigaya
Here is my basic hitsounding! https://puu.sh/sgngl/b90533a651.osu Not new anymore!
huu
Keep in mind that you're free to accept/deny these mods at your own leisure, everything here is my opinion on how I think it should be. Nothing I say is objective.

-Pootis-'s Dashing Goal
00:04:036 (2,3,4,5) - These should really be spread out further. If you're making a "hard" difficulty, most players at that level will attempt to alternate or will just get confused and unnecessarily miss. The way it is right now is most likely very confusing.
00:11:127 (5,6,7,8,9) - Pretty much the same as above.
00:13:036 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Yup, you guessed it.
00:17:399 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - The spacing here is good, but it's incosistent (ending notes are further away than usual). Clean that up, please.
00:38:945 (3,4) - Move 4 closer to 3.
00:39:490 (5) - Ctrl+G here.
00:39:763 (6) - Here as well.
00:41:808 (3) - And here.
00:44:263 (5) - And here too.
Arisa Ichigaya

-Vert- wrote:

Keep in mind that you're free to accept/deny these mods at your own leisure, everything here is my opinion on how I think it should be. Nothing I say is objective.

-Pootis-'s Dashing Goal
00:04:036 (2,3,4,5) - These should really be spread out further. If you're making a "hard" difficulty, most players at that level will attempt to alternate or will just get confused and unnecessarily miss. The way it is right now is most likely very confusing. Done!
00:11:127 (5,6,7,8,9) - Pretty much the same as above. Done!
00:13:036 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Yup, you guessed it. Done!
00:17:399 (2,3,4,5,6,7) - The spacing here is good, but it's incosistent (ending notes are further away than usual). Clean that up, please. Done!
00:38:945 (3,4) - Move 4 closer to 3. Done!
00:39:490 (5) - Ctrl+G here. Done!
00:39:763 (6) - Here as well. Done!
00:41:808 (3) - And here. Done!
00:44:263 (5) - And here too. Done!
Thank you for your mod post! Here is the new new new new new new new new new new new new .osu file! https://puu.sh/sh0BH/7b61bb187f.osu Uploaded!
Xayler
Woah nice to see a Rocket League song. I've mapped some also but never really completed anything. Good luck!
Topic Starter
Steffen

Xayler wrote:

Woah nice to see a Rocket League song. I've mapped some also but never really completed anything. Good luck!
Thanks! I found this song while in the main menu in Rocket League and was like "*nod nod*, good stuff, I'mma map this" and a week later, bam!
^^
Kuron-kun
hey, hey!

bold = highly recommended
red = unrankable

General
  1. I'm really unsure about the diffnames. Ranking Criteria says that you actually can use custom diffnames for every difficulty as long as they're clear to everyone. To tell the difference between them you should play Rocket League (I guess) and not even everyone plays that game. Me, for example, couldn't tell what diff is the hardest without the help of stars. You can still keep the hardest diff with a custom name, though, but the rest must not have custom diffnames if they aren't clear to everyone.

2. You're having a tag conflict. Consider fixing them!

Ground Goal

1. New Combos are way too short. They're barely reaching anything over (3). You should avoid using new combos every big white tick because of this. Even if it gets inconsistent with other difficulties, having the higher combo a "3" isn't something really nice. Using them every 2 big white ticks is the better choice.
00:00:217 (1) - This is way to short for an Easy. Even if RC says that a spinner must achieve at least 1000 points, this is too short for an Easy. You can either make it end the next white tick and delete 00:02:399 (1) - to keep consistency or delete the whole spinner.

00:27:489 (1) - This circle is too close to the spinner, and nowadays this is not accepted on easier difficulties. You should leave at least 1 empty white tick after a spinner. Consider deleting this circle.

00:36:217 - I'd never recommend changing the SV on easier difficulties because it's kinda unexpected to new players and would make an unnecessary challenger. Plus you can't really find any Easy or Normal that increases the SV. It's very rare. I recommend you keep the SV on 1,0x.

00:40:035 (3,1) - You've been using Distance Snap on 1,0x but these two are on 0,6x. Lower diffs are reaaaaally strict about the use of DS, so you can't either make jumps or anti-jumps. They must be on 1,0x.

00:47:127 - Consider changing the volume here to something lower. There isn't any sound here and would be really overmapped to let the volume at 100% there.[

Dribble Goal
  1. Now let's talk about the spread on this diff: The diff itself it's polished and looks fine, but the gap between this diff and the easier one is too high. This uses blue tick rhythms, which are really awkward to play, sometimes, higher SV, higher spacing and higher CS. The problem isn't that they are higher, because they should be higher, but they're too high. You can either add a diff between them, while that diff is the Normal and this could be the Advanced, you can nerf this diff a bit or you can make the easier diff a bit harder, less than 2 stars.
00:12:899 (4) - Two repeats are too gimmick to catch, specially if they're overlapped with some circles. And by letting it end on a white tick, which has the greater emphasis on this part, makes it harder catch the correct rhythm I'd suggest you to delete the last repeat and add some sliders after it, so the rhythm could be a lot better to catch.

00:22:308 - Oh, you just ignored a beat here. Would be better to place a circle here for the sake of consistency. Wouldn't make much sense to leave this empty!

00:36:217 - I'd point here the same I mentioned on Easy, but since this isn't really a Normal, but an almost-hard, I'll leave it be. But, if you considered my suggestion of nerfing this diff so this could be a Normal, you definitely should apply what I've mentioned here as well.

00:47:127 - Same as Easy, since you have a spinner here too.

-Pootis-'s Dashing Goal

00:31:308 (7,8) - The spacing here might be a bit awkward, specially if you consider that you were adding small jumps every 1/2, but there you make an anti-jump without no reason, since the song doesn't really stops or anything like this. I'd suggest moving (8) to somewhere far from (7).

Aerial Goal

00:10:036 (1) - Would be nice to distance it a bit from the slider, since the slider is faster than the moviment needed to click the circle. By stacking it you made the transition between them a bit awkward. Maybe moving it to at least x144 y356 would improve the flow a lot.

00:39:763 (5,6,7) - And here again you did some anti-jump. This section of the song is really emphasized and stronger than the rest but you still did the made the DS really low there. You can either stack them all to (8) or increase the spacing between them.

00:44:808 (1) - Same here about the spinner's volume!

Zing's Small Ball Mutator

1. I'm concerned about the spread here as well, for almost the same reason as I mentioned on the gap between Normal and Easy. Here everything is higher, but way too higher. You can do the same I mentioned on Normal, either by nerfing this diff or adding something between them.
Basically my only concern about this diff.

Good luck :3/
Topic Starter
Steffen
Kuron's mod

Kuron-kun wrote:

hey, hey!

bold = highly recommended
red = unrankable

General
  1. I'm really unsure about the diffnames. Ranking Criteria says that you actually can use custom diffnames for every difficulty as long as they're clear to everyone. To tell the difference between them you should play Rocket League (I guess) and not even everyone plays that game. Me, for example, couldn't tell what diff is the hardest without the help of stars. You can still keep the hardest diff with a custom name, though, but the rest must not have custom diffnames if they aren't clear to everyone.

2. You're having a tag conflict. Consider fixing them!

Ground Goal

1. New Combos are way too short. They're barely reaching anything over (3). You should avoid using new combos every big white tick because of this. Even if it gets inconsistent with other difficulties, having the higher combo a "3" isn't something really nice. Using them every 2 big white ticks is the better choice.
00:00:217 (1) - This is way to short for an Easy. Even if RC says that a spinner must achieve at least 1000 points, this is too short for an Easy. You can either make it end the next white tick and delete 00:02:399 (1) - to keep consistency or delete the whole spinner.

00:27:489 (1) - This circle is too close to the spinner, and nowadays this is not accepted on easier difficulties. You should leave at least 1 empty white tick after a spinner. Consider deleting this circle.

00:36:217 - I'd never recommend changing the SV on easier difficulties because it's kinda unexpected to new players and would make an unnecessary challenger. Plus you can't really find any Easy or Normal that increases the SV. It's very rare. I recommend you keep the SV on 1,0x.

00:40:035 (3,1) - You've been using Distance Snap on 1,0x but these two are on 0,6x. Lower diffs are reaaaaally strict about the use of DS, so you can't either make jumps or anti-jumps. They must be on 1,0x.

00:47:127 - Consider changing the volume here to something lower. There isn't any sound here and would be really overmapped to let the volume at 100% there.[

Dribble Goal
  1. Now let's talk about the spread on this diff: The diff itself it's polished and looks fine, but the gap between this diff and the easier one is too high. This uses blue tick rhythms, which are really awkward to play, sometimes, higher SV, higher spacing and higher CS. The problem isn't that they are higher, because they should be higher, but they're too high. You can either add a diff between them, while that diff is the Normal and this could be the Advanced, you can nerf this diff a bit or you can make the easier diff a bit harder, less than 2 stars.
00:12:899 (4) - Two repeats are too gimmick to catch, specially if they're overlapped with some circles. And by letting it end on a white tick, which has the greater emphasis on this part, makes it harder catch the correct rhythm I'd suggest you to delete the last repeat and add some sliders after it, so the rhythm could be a lot better to catch.

00:22:308 - Oh, you just ignored a beat here. Would be better to place a circle here for the sake of consistency. Wouldn't make much sense to leave this empty!

00:36:217 - I'd point here the same I mentioned on Easy, but since this isn't really a Normal, but an almost-hard, I'll leave it be. But, if you considered my suggestion of nerfing this diff so this could be a Normal, you definitely should apply what I've mentioned here as well.

00:47:127 - Same as Easy, since you have a spinner here too.

-Pootis-'s Dashing Goal

00:31:308 (7,8) - The spacing here might be a bit awkward, specially if you consider that you were adding small jumps every 1/2, but there you make an anti-jump without no reason, since the song doesn't really stops or anything like this. I'd suggest moving (8) to somewhere far from (7).

Aerial Goal

00:10:036 (1) - Would be nice to distance it a bit from the slider, since the slider is faster than the moviment needed to click the circle. By stacking it you made the transition between them a bit awkward. Maybe moving it to at least x144 y356 would improve the flow a lot.

00:39:763 (5,6,7) - And here again you did some anti-jump. This section of the song is really emphasized and stronger than the rest but you still did the made the DS really low there. You can either stack them all to (8) or increase the spacing between them.

00:44:808 (1) - Same here about the spinner's volume!

Zing's Small Ball Mutator

1. I'm concerned about the spread here as well, for almost the same reason as I mentioned on the gap between Normal and Easy. Here everything is higher, but way too higher. You can do the same I mentioned on Normal, either by nerfing this diff or adding something between them.
Basically my only concern about this diff.

Good luck :3/
Haaaai! Thanks for modding meh mappppps!~ I know about the tag conflict, I just forgot to fix it x.x

About the diffs names: I am aware that they could be unclear to people who don't play the game. I'm considering adding "normal, hard" etc. to the diff names, I'll be considering renaming them. (DONE). As of now, Aerial Goal stands.

I am also aware the CS7 Extra map has alot of issues, in which I'm following up on. If it doesn't end up any good I might have to cut it out completely (Dun hate meh zinnnnnnnnnnng)
The stuff I didn't mention is the ones that are fixed.
The stuff I didn't agree with
  1. I kept settings on Dribble as it is.
    Keeping it as it is since I'd rather make a new diff or get a GD or something.
    Yes. That is everything
Underdogs
OMFG IT'S R O C K E T L E A G U E

Ground goal
-Tag conflicts with Aerial Goal, Dashing Goal and Small Ball Mutator. fix it

00:27:489 (1,1) - probably blanket
00:36:217 (1,1) - make these the same as each other (copy paste)

00:40:035 (3,1) - bad in aesthetic sense

00:43:853 (2) - make this the same as 00:42:762 (1) - and mirror?

00:44:944 (1) - mute the end spinner

Dribble Goal
-Tag conflicts with Aerial Goal, Dashing Goal and Small Ball Mutator. fix it

00:04:445 (3,4,5,6) - delete 00:04:445 (3) - to make it the same as 00:02:399 (2,3,4) - + consistent beat for intro

00:22:036 (5) - Make this longer?

00:28:308 (5,6,7) - Blanket error

00:34:036 (1,2,3) - I think this would be confusing to read

00:44:945 (1) - mute end spinner?

Dashing Goal
00:18:081 (7) - Odd placement. Fix?

00:03:217 (1) - 1/4 slider didn't fit here. I think 1/2 would be better

00:27:763 Strong beat here. If this is Hard/Hyper, i suggest mapping this part.

00:38:399 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - This is poorly mapped. No flow, no aesthetic.

Aerial Goal
00:02:945 (5,1) - Instant unrank. Stacking on reverse slider DQs ur map

00:05:399 (7) - Undo the repeat. The beat is better that way

00:33:490 (10,1) - too close to each other. Looks weird

00:44:672 (3) - a finish hitsound here didn't fit.

00:44:808 (1) - mute slider end

Small Ball Mutator
00:09:217 (3,1,2,3) - for some reason this played weirdly

00:14:127 (4) - I'd say this is overmapping if you map according to the vocals. overmap=instant unrank

00:19:854 (1,2) - weird placement and shape

00:24:217 (3,6) - bad overlap

00:37:854 (5,6) - could have been blanket

good luck :)
Arisa Ichigaya

Underdogs wrote:

00:18:081 (7) - Odd placement. Fix? Made it look like the other 1/4 spacing before!

00:03:217 (1) - 1/4 slider didn't fit here. I think 1/2 would be better It was a 1/8 reverse, I think you mean 1/8 into 1/4 instead of reverse.

00:27:763 Strong beat here. If this is Hard/Hyper, i suggest mapping this part. Done!

00:38:399 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,1,2,3,4,5) - This is poorly mapped. No flow, no aesthetic. I agree! I made that last minute. I moved the placement around to make it have some circular flow to it so players can jump easier.
I will be giving the new .osu to Steffen when he gets on.
Thank you for the mod post!
Topic Starter
Steffen
OMFG IT'S A M O D <3

(I'll be using this response format from now on btw. It's alot easier to do and doesn't take 100 years)
Edit: I was being so lazy, I'm so sorry ;-;

Stuff I didn't agree on/was already fixed
NOTE THAT all diff names has been changed!
Ground Goal

1. Tag conflicts was already fixed! Check previous mod
    00:43:853 (2) - make this the same as 00:42:762 (1) - and mirror?
  2. Don't agree. Might agree to do it if someone else complains
    00:44:944 (1) - mute the end spinner
  3. Feedback is nice, so it's down to 20%. It was also already fixed!!
Dribble Goal

• Tag conflicts are already solved. Are you using an older version of the mapset?...
    00:28:308 (5,6,7) - Blanket error
  1. I get it....I don't get it!!!
    00:34:036 (1,2,3) - I think this would be confusing to read
  2. Maybe? Kept it unchanged for now
Aerial Goal

1. 00:44:808 (1) - mute slider end

I THINK YOU MEANT SPINNER END. Anyway, it's muted already

Thanks again for the mod
Kotori-Chan
from da m4m~

Easy
00:01:854 - after that spinner there has to be at least two or 3 white ticks rest in an easy diff,so i think you better remove the spinner and put some slider instead

00:25:308 (1) - ^^^^

00:13:308 (5,1) - avoid overlaps like this in an easy

00:31:308 (5) - make this one centered and then make sexy symmetry with these two ? 00:31:853 (1,2) -

Normal
00:01:328 - at least one or two white ticks after spinner rest ;w;

00:04:581 (6,7,1,2) - this looks kinda messy and unpolished,make it more clean~

00:11:672 - slider here,suits better

00:22:854 (8,1) - i'm pretty sure you can make this blanket even better !

uh....00:38:399 (6,1) - what is this timing ;w; ???????

Hard
00:13:854 (8,1) - pls stack correctly

00:16:581 (1,2,3,4) - i would maybe increase spacing a bit more because rhyhtm

00:34:036 (1,2,3) - ^^^^

Light insane
hitsounds are quite loud imo D:

maybe reduce to ~60

00:08:945 (1,2) - having to jump in a different spot where the slider is pointing too feel very weird here and easy to miss

00:14:672 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - why that spacing ??

00:22:717 (1,2,3,4) - pls fix that overlap with 00:23:672 (5,1,2) - YOU HAVE A TON OF SPACE TO USE :3

Extra
00:03:490 (1) - make this slider some normal curved one...that one rn looks kinda unpolished and meh ;w;

00:07:581 (7,1,2) - you could make some sexy symmetry with these two~

zig zag something something
i tbh dont really know what to say about this.....but well well~

even if i hate rocket league......nice song :3
good luck with it <3
Topic Starter
Steffen
Thanks thanks thanks thanks <3

Kotori-Chan wrote:

from da m4m~

Easy
00:01:854 - after that spinner there has to be at least two or 3 white ticks rest in an easy diff,so i think you better remove the spinner and put some slider instead Ehh? There should be enough time imo.

00:25:308 (1) - ^^^^Have to disagree again. If a BN says it's bad, then I'll change it

00:13:308 (5,1) - avoid overlaps like this in an easy It is an overlap, but the whole slider except the start point is visible! That is a pass in my book

00:31:308 (5) - make this one centered and then make sexy symmetry with these two ? 00:31:853 (1,2) - Yum yum. Did that

Normal
00:01:328 - at least one or two white ticks after spinner rest ;w; Removed slider entirely

00:04:581 (6,7,1,2) - this looks kinda messy and unpolished,make it more clean~ I think I did it right

00:11:672 - slider here,suits better Done~

00:22:854 (8,1) - i'm pretty sure you can make this blanket even better ! Doneeeee!

uh....00:38:399 (6,1) - what is this timing ;w; ??????? I saw. Fixed

Hard
00:13:854 (8,1) - pls stack correctly oops!

00:16:581 (1,2,3,4) - i would maybe increase spacing a bit more because rhyhtm increased it a bit!

00:34:036 (1,2,3) - ^^^^ ^

Pootis, look over ur diff pls

Light insane

maybe reduce to ~60

00:08:945 (1,2) - having to jump in a different spot where the slider is pointing too feel very weird here and easy to miss

00:14:672 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - why that spacing ??

00:22:717 (1,2,3,4) - pls fix that overlap with 00:23:672 (5,1,2) - YOU HAVE A TON OF SPACE TO USE :3

Extra
00:03:490 (1) - make this slider some normal curved one...that one rn looks kinda unpolished and meh ;w; Okay!

00:07:581 (7,1,2) - you could make some sexy symmetry with these two~ yum!

zig zag something something
i tbh dont really know what to say about this.....but well well~

even if i hate rocket league......nice song :3
good luck with it <3
Lulu-
Hi, M4M from modreqs!

[Small Ball Mutator]
00:01:036 (4) - Rotate this by something like -130° (selection centre)
00:02:536 (5,6) - You could CTRL+G these, but that's just a suggestion
00:03:763 (1) - Fix blanket
00:04:581 (3,4) - CTRL+G would make this a bit more interesting
00:07:036 (4) - Fix blanket
00:12:763 (3) - Stack with 00:11:536 (2) ?
00:14:672 (2) - Fix blanket
00:16:308 (1) - This could be more symmetrical
00:19:308 (3) - Blanket with 2 and move 4,5 to the left?
00:24:490 (2,3) - You could try placing them closer to the sliderend to make a longer jump
00:25:036 (5,6) - Same for this, but if you apply this, make this one longer than 2,3
00:26:536 (2,3,4,5) - Rotate by -20 or something
00:28:581 (2) - Fix blanket
00:31:581 (6) - Triggering overlap
00:31:581 (6) - I'm also not sure what you're trying to map with this slider, the vocals start on the sliderend and there's no sound to really justify this.
00:33:490 (4) - Fix this overlap too
00:41:672 (1,1,1,1) - Why overuse NCs like this?
00:43:854 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1) - ^, and instead of NCing, I'd suggest spacing this stream more with each circle. And the last 2 circles both map the vocals, which sound the same, so there is no real reason to put a NC here.
00:44:808 (1) - Add timing points on each white and red tick during the spinner and on the end of the spinner that decrease the hitsound volume

This diff needs more polishing in its patterns but I didn't find any major issues

[Aerial Goal]
00:00:627 (2) - This doesn't flow well at all
00:02:536 (4) - Why this slider is heading that way?
00:03:217 (6) - ^
00:03:490 (1) - I don't know what this is for, but in case you don't want to remove it (which you'd have to do without a good justification) at least correct the slider shape, it looks weird at this SV
00:05:399 (7) - You always have to NC extreme SV changes, and this shape also isn't too welcoming
00:05:672 - Missed strong beat
00:07:854 (1) - Move this sliderpoint more to the middle of the slidertail to make it more symmetrical
00:08:263 (2) - Instead of placing a slider like this, I'd try to experiment with overlaps, as the sound you're trying to map repeats, but your map goes all over the place for no reason. You need more consistency in your mapping, it makes everything easier
00:09:081 (5,6,7,8) - If you're going to overlap, please do it on both sides. This just looks really messy
00:09:354 (7) - And also avoid ending sliders on white ticks, because sliderends just can't represent strong beats in the songs as good as clickable ones. (what even is this slider for xd)
00:12:763 (4) - Fix blanket
00:13:854 (5) - Stack with 2 and this is offscreen I think, but would be fixed with stacking. I'd also make this slider point to the left to flow better to 1
00:15:490 (6) - Fix blanket
00:17:808 (2,3,4,5) - Instead of overlapping these vertically, you should always overlap in the flow's direction. These also need a bit more spacing
00:21:081 (2) - Fix blanket
00:22:990 (4) - Slider ending on white tick again for no reason
00:23:808 (2) - Too curvy
00:25:308 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Don't go all over the place with your patterns here, this is a nice spot to overlap and work with SV and spacing to repeat the patterns in a good way
00:26:945 (1) - Change this slider shape, it's pretty ugly
00:28:172 (4) - Also too curvy, You should use the same slider shape as 3
00:39:490 (4) - This should end on blue tick
00:40:172 (8) - Why'd you put another slider here?
00:41:672 (5,6,7,8) - You have so much space on the playfield to make more interesting jumps here, don't stack like this here
00:42:763 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^
00:44:808 (1) - As mentioned previously, add more sliderpoints

This diff could be so much better if you'd just stick to to same themes throughout the map. Many of the sliders are too curvy and need to be flattened more (You usually never see very curvy sliders in ranked maps nowadays). The patterns are also pretty unpolished, but that could be fixed easily

[Bootkick Goal]
00:03:763 (2) - This is a bit too close to 6 imo, you could rotate this by -120° and move it up a bit
00:07:308 (6) - Why the finish?
00:12:217 (1) - Fix blanket
00:12:490 (2) - Stack with 9
00:12:490 (2,3,4,5) - Cleaner curve pls
00:12:899 (5,6) - Wrong rhythm, the vocals start on the red tick. You'll also avoid having a sliderend on the white tick
00:14:127 (10) - Space this further out from 9
00:15:490 (5,6) - These would be better if they'd be parallel
00:16:990 (4) - Wrong rhythm here again, the slider needs to be moved back by one tick and the circle has to be on the white tick
00:18:354 (4) - Too curvy
00:20:672 (1,2,3,4,5) - Listen to this part again at 25% speed and remap, this doesn't fit any of the beats in the song
00:23:127 (2) - Unnecessary finish again, you could just add a clap here.
00:24:490 (8,9) - Wrong rhythm
00:25:172 - Missed beat
00:26:127 (7) - Try not making this overlap with previous doubles
00:26:945 (1) - This slider should end on blue tick
00:29:399 (8) - Stack with 3
00:31:717 (8) - Replace with clap
00:35:672 (9) - Stack with 7
00:35:945 (10) - Blanket with 9
00:44:945 (1) - Make this spinner identical to other diffs

This diff was mostly fine

[Dashing Goal]
00:01:581 (5) - Space this further out, the player will think this is a 1/4 gap, because you've already stacked 00:00:627 (2,3) - similar to that
00:02:672 (5) - Shorten the slider and place a circle on the white tick?
00:08:672 (5,6,1) - Rotate by 40 or something and space accordingly
00:10:036 (1,2) - Not perfectly parallel
00:11:945 (10) - As mentioned above
00:12:490 (1,2) - Bad overlap, consider placing these parallel to each other. This would also make the distance to 00:13:036 (1) - less extreme, keep in mind this is just a Light Insane
00:14:672 (1,2) - Switch these 2 to correct the rhythm
00:14:808 (2) - Too curvy
00:15:081 (3,4,5,6) - This isn't a perfect line if you look at it closely
00:15:763 (7) - Spacing too high
00:18:490 (9) - Replace with slider
00:18:899 (9,1,2) - Bad overlaps
00:21:490 (3,4,5,6) - This doesn't look very nice
00:22:854 (2,3) - Fix overlaps
00:23:808 (1) - ^
00:24:763 (4,5,6,7) - Rotate this by 30° (selection centre)
00:25:172 (7) - Wrong rhythm again
00:25:717 (1,2) - Blankets would be better than overlaps here
00:26:945 (4) - Overdone edge
00:28:036 - Missed beat
00:28:172 (1,2,3,4,5) - Make this look nicer, it's like 2008 all over again xd
00:29:399 (6) - Make the white tick clickable again, you can't end sliders on these in 95% of cases
00:30:081 (1) - ^
00:30:763 (3,4,5,6,7) - This shouldn't overlap with 1 but you have to fix it anyway
00:31:581 (8,1) - This doesn't flow well
00:32:945 (4) - A slider would fit much better here
00:34:070 - What's with the unsnapped timing point near this?
00:34:308 (1,3) - Please don't use slider shapes whenever you want to use a new one, keep a few and stick to them. It makes this and the entire kiai just look like a 2008 unranked map
00:36:217 - You should consider remapping the kiai. The jumps need to be structured more and the slider shapes just don't make any sense at all. You also have sliders ending on strong beats constantly, which is just very poor rhythm emphaszing. Judging from the beginning of the map, this looks very rushed and you could do much better here, if you'd put enough work into it!
00:44:672 (7) - Why is this silent?
00:44:808 - I'd also put a spinner here like in every other diff

Good luck with your map!
beaw
[General]

You should consider removing the difficulty in the name and leaving it as just the custom name. Example: Ground Goal, Slam Dunk, etc.
The lyrics are missing? o3o I found this for the first "?" but idk because there's an "s" sound at the end of the word. ;w;
For the 2nd one, I feel like it says "Sky native". It makes a loooot more sense >w<
For all difficulties, work on overall structure.
[]
[Ground Goal]
00:03:490 (2,3,4,1) - Why not make this symmetrical?
00:31:308 (5,2) - Stack? ;w;
00:13:308 (5,6,1) - Why stack here when you didn't stack 00:07:854 (4,5,1) - here?
00:28:035 (1,2,3) - Symmetry?
00:35:126 (5,1) - Blanket?

[Dribble Goal]
00:03:490 (4,5,6) - Line these up

This Normal is too hard o3o

[Dashing Goal]
00:02:399 (2,3,4,1) - Move (1) down to go with the curve of the triplet

I like the rhythm o3o

[Aerial Goal]
00:09:763 (4,2) - You can stack these if you want :o

Work on spacing. Rhythm seems fine.

[Small Ball Mutator]
U-uh.. talk to Irreversible.... o.O
[]
Arisa Ichigaya

Lulu- wrote:

Hi, M4M from modreqs!

[notice][Dashing Goal]
00:01:581 (5) - Space this further out, the player will think this is a 1/4 gap, because you've already stacked 00:00:627 (2,3) - similar to that Done!
00:02:672 (5) - Shorten the slider and place a circle on the white tick? Done!
00:08:672 (5,6,1) - Rotate by 40 or something and space accordingly Done!
00:10:036 (1,2) - Not perfectly parallelDone!
00:11:945 (10) - As mentioned above Done!
00:12:490 (1,2) - Bad overlap, consider placing these parallel to each other. This would also make the distance to 00:13:036 (1) - less extreme, keep in mind this is just a Light Insane Done!
00:14:672 (1,2) - Switch these 2 to correct the rhythm Done!
00:14:808 (2) - Too curvy Done!
00:15:081 (3,4,5,6) - This isn't a perfect line if you look at it closely Done!
00:15:763 (7) - Spacing too high Done!
00:18:490 (9) - Replace with slider Done!
00:18:899 (9,1,2) - Bad overlaps Done!
00:21:490 (3,4,5,6) - This doesn't look very nice Done!
00:22:854 (2,3) - Fix overlaps Done!
00:23:808 (1) - ^ Done!
00:24:763 (4,5,6,7) - Rotate this by 30° (selection centre) Done!
00:25:172 (7) - Wrong rhythm again Done!
00:25:717 (1,2) - Blankets would be better than overlaps here Done!
00:26:945 (4) - Overdone edge Done!
00:28:036 - Missed beat Done!
00:28:172 (1,2,3,4,5) - Make this look nicer, it's like 2008 all over again xd xd done
00:29:399 (6) - Make the white tick clickable again, you can't end sliders on these in 95% of caseslol im bad at mapping xd done
00:30:081 (1) - ^ ^
00:30:763 (3,4,5,6,7) - This shouldn't overlap with 1 but you have to fix it anyway Done!
00:31:581 (8,1) - This doesn't flow well Fixed!
00:32:945 (4) - A slider would fit much better here Fixed!
00:34:070 - What's with the unsnapped timing point near this? Fixed!
00:34:308 (1,3) - Please don't use slider shapes whenever you want to use a new one, keep a few and stick to them. It makes this and the entire kiai just look like a 2008 unranked map lol this map is so inconsistant, fixed
00:36:217 - You should consider remapping the kiai. The jumps need to be structured more and the slider shapes just don't make any sense at all. You also have sliders ending on strong beats constantly, which is just very poor rhythm emphaszing. Judging from the beginning of the map, this looks very rushed and you could do much better here, if you'd put enough work into it! yeah, school has got me by the wrist, im going to be more active around mid december
00:44:672 (7) - Why is this silent? Fixed! Clap hitsound is there now :)
00:44:808 - I'd also put a spinner here like in every other diff[ ok fine :) /notice]

Good luck with your map!
Thanks 4 ur mod post! :) :) :)
Arisa Ichigaya

Kotori-Chan wrote:

maybe reduce to ~60

00:08:945 (1,2) - having to jump in a different spot where the slider is pointing too feel very weird here and easy to miss Fixed!

00:14:672 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - why that spacing ?? Fixed!

00:22:717 (1,2,3,4) - pls fix that overlap with 00:23:672 (5,1,2) - YOU HAVE A TON OF SPACE TO USE :3 Done!
xd all my maps look like their from 2008, cuz im playing elite beat agents now :)
Arisa Ichigaya

Stingy wrote:

00:02:399 (2,3,4,1) - Move (1) down to go with the curve of the triplet Done!

I like the rhythm o3o
Thank you for ur mod post owo
ErunamoJAZZ
Hello

[Extra CS7]
  1. First, a replay (HT, sorry): https://puu.sh/sDfsB/71cc41f652.osr
  2. About stats, I feel AR9 a bit fast, consider AR8.5 or so please. And HP6 is a high too, because you have streams here, HP5 will be better imo.
  3. man.. idk.. Flow was not very comfortable to play in many places (like in 00:08:263 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - 00:17:672 (1,2,3,4,5) - 00:25:308 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - by example, asdasd), and as well you are following voice in many sections, you are ignoring some strong beats (like in 00:22:581 - by example).
  4. This will need more testplays, and polish the flow!!! and validate the rhythm (I felt some overmapping). Little circles need a very very good flow to be funny (Otherwise, they will be annoying).
[Extra CS4]
  1. A testplay too: https://puu.sh/sDhRI/dc3820025f.osr
  2. 00:04:172 - following the rhythm you chose, add a circle here then.
  3. 00:05:672 - Avoid to ignore notes in the big white tick please!
  4. 00:07:854 (1,2) - Care about aesthetics, those sliders have different curve, try copying and rotating: https://puu.sh/sDgms/e68341e850.png
    Hint
    Remember, you have some tools for this in the Edit menu:
  5. 00:25:036 - if you are following the voice, add a circle here please.
  6. 00:25:717 (3,4) - Rhythmically, a Crtl+G feels better, in fact, Slider-circle-circle is a better rhythm for this section:
  7. 00:27:899 (3,4) - They looks a bit ugly. You made many similar sliders. try to use the tools I said before to improve aesthetics, this will make look your maps more professional ;)
  8. 00:31:581 - This space feels strange :(
  9. 00:34:581 (1,2) - Rhythmically, a Crtl+G feels better.
  10. Personally, I feel this map looks unclean yet, and rhythm need a lot of improvements too. Your mapping skills are very basic yet, so try to improve those before fix this diff! :3 (I mean, improving mapping skill with low diffs help more that try with high diffs).
[Insane]
  1. Replay!: https://puu.sh/sDhSM/75720555c1.osr
  2. 00:12:763 (4,5) - Rhythmically, a Crtl+G feels better. (WTF, 00:12:899 (5,6) - why man xD change red nodes for common nodes pls)
  3. 00:13:172 (6,7) - Crtl+G too:
  4. 00:16:990 (4) - :!: Avoid start sliders in blue ticks pls! (except if some strong beat is there -not this case-)
  5. :o You did use too many sliders in blue ticks :S
  6. 00:31:308 - mm.. this beat is very strong to be ignored :S
  7. Spacing is very strange too, even if some will read this, using a consistent Distance will help to make this solid! (With "consistent" I mean, using same DS for common spacing, and same DS in Jumps -and not random DS in jumps-)
  8. ~_~
[Light Insane]
  1. 00:02:945 (6) - 00:07:308 - Not hitsound?
  2. 00:05:399 (1,1) - This rhythm will be better:

Don't ignore big white ticks if its possible, usually they are strong notes.
  3. 00:13:854 (7) - please, remove repeat and add a circle or something in 00:14:399 -
  4. 00:14:808 (2,3) - Rhythmically, a Crtl+G feels better.
  5. 00:18:763 - 00:20:399 - 00:20:945 - 00:22:581 - 00:25:308 - I cant more, sorry :(
  6. Its not very bad, but I think this will improve a lot yet ^^U
[Hard]
  1. Idk, I feel aesthetics will improve too.
  2. 00:36:217 (1) - emm... if its a error, just extend slider to 00:36:490 - . If it was intentional, please, nope. A circle is better idea here.
  3. This will need more work!
[Normal]
  1. ugg, man, this spacing will be very bad idea. How can a casual player read stuff like https://puu.sh/sDiTX/b510c06073.png with this spacing??
    please, change the basic space to 1.0x!!
  2. 00:02:127 - adding a note here, the polarity issue will be fixed: (more details about polarity in this Charles video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53PkFLrK8Ws )
  3. 00:06:899 (5,6) - a common stack is better
  4. 00:10:581 - add a note here please
  5. 00:16:854 (1) - is this spinner following something?? xD anyway, why finished this in a blue tick?? :S
  6. 00:20:399 (4,1) - Crtl+G feels better
  7. 00:22:036 (6,7) - Not sure if (7) is good idea in a normal diff u.u
  8. 00:23:127 - :(
  9. 00:24:217 (3,4) - Ctrl+G?
  10. 00:28:172 (1) - ugg, man, no please... dont start in a blue tick. 00:28:036 - feels more strong, so people will fail in this circle!!
  11. 00:30:081 (1) - (/w\)
  12. etc.... Rhythms need work!!
  13. Also, be careful where notes are placed
  14. ~_~

[Easy]
  1. Nice!, but this feels veeeery generic.
  2. 00:07:854 (4,5) - I want to suggest this:
  3. 00:16:581 (4,5) - Same here ;)
  4. 00:13:308 (5,1) - Stacks like this will be bad idea for Easy diffs.
  5. 00:42:762 (3,4) - for consistency:

About aesthetics:
  6. 00:02:944 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - Doing a symmetric patter here will be nice:
  7. 00:28:035 (1,2,3) - polish the symmetry:
    Steps
    Before

After

just delete 00:29:672 (3) - , copy 00:28:035 (1) - in 00:29:672 - (and remove new combo), then Ctrl+H and Ctrl+G.
  8. You will improve blankets and patterns yet!

[]
Uff... very long xD
I'm sorry, I dont check AiMod, or hitsounds, or many slider shapes... u.u

Good luck with this mapset, will need more work! ;)
Arisa Ichigaya

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

Hello

[Light Insane]
  1. 00:02:945 (6) - 00:07:308 - Not hitsound? There is a hitsound, is there? They are flnishes.
    Done!
  3. 00:13:854 (7) - please, remove repeat and add a circle or something in 00:14:399 - Done!
  4. 00:14:808 (2,3) - Rhythmically, a Crtl+G feels better. Fixed
  5. 00:18:763 - 00:20:399 - 00:20:945 - 00:22:581 - 00:25:308 - I cant more, sorry :( I cannot slider, fixed!
Thanks for the mod post, I will send the .osu file over to Steffen when he's on. 8-)
_Meep_
May I know why the recent modders have not been given kudosu? Just passing by
Arisa Ichigaya

_Meep_ wrote:

May I know why the recent modders have not been given kudosu? Just passing by
Steffen is usually offline, so I just respond to mods directed to my difficulty.
Topic Starter
Steffen
I FORGOT TO SAY I WILL BE REDOING THE AERIAL GOAL MAP!
I'm so sorry ;-; I took a break from working on the map cause motivational issues. Back in action for a bit now!
Also gave modders some KDS. MY BAD ,-,
Lulu-'s mod

Lulu- wrote:

Hi, M4M from modreqs!

[Small Ball Mutator]
00:01:036 (4) - Rotate this by something like -130° (selection centre)
00:02:536 (5,6) - You could CTRL+G these, but that's just a suggestion
00:03:763 (1) - Fix blanket
00:04:581 (3,4) - CTRL+G would make this a bit more interesting
00:07:036 (4) - Fix blanket
00:12:763 (3) - Stack with 00:11:536 (2) ?
00:14:672 (2) - Fix blanket
00:16:308 (1) - This could be more symmetrical
00:19:308 (3) - Blanket with 2 and move 4,5 to the left?
00:24:490 (2,3) - You could try placing them closer to the sliderend to make a longer jump
00:25:036 (5,6) - Same for this, but if you apply this, make this one longer than 2,3
00:26:536 (2,3,4,5) - Rotate by -20 or something
00:28:581 (2) - Fix blanket
00:31:581 (6) - Triggering overlap
00:31:581 (6) - I'm also not sure what you're trying to map with this slider, the vocals start on the sliderend and there's no sound to really justify this.
00:33:490 (4) - Fix this overlap too
00:41:672 (1,1,1,1) - Why overuse NCs like this?
00:43:854 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1,1) - ^, and instead of NCing, I'd suggest spacing this stream more with each circle. And the last 2 circles both map the vocals, which sound the same, so there is no real reason to put a NC here.
00:44:808 (1) - Add timing points on each white and red tick during the spinner and on the end of the spinner that decrease the hitsound volume

This diff needs more polishing in its patterns but I didn't find any major issues

[Aerial Goal]
00:00:627 (2) - This doesn't flow well at all
00:02:536 (4) - Why this slider is heading that way?
00:03:217 (6) - ^
00:03:490 (1) - I don't know what this is for, but in case you don't want to remove it (which you'd have to do without a good justification) at least correct the slider shape, it looks weird at this SV
00:05:399 (7) - You always have to NC extreme SV changes, and this shape also isn't too welcoming
00:05:672 - Missed strong beat
00:07:854 (1) - Move this sliderpoint more to the middle of the slidertail to make it more symmetrical
00:08:263 (2) - Instead of placing a slider like this, I'd try to experiment with overlaps, as the sound you're trying to map repeats, but your map goes all over the place for no reason. You need more consistency in your mapping, it makes everything easier
00:09:081 (5,6,7,8) - If you're going to overlap, please do it on both sides. This just looks really messy
00:09:354 (7) - And also avoid ending sliders on white ticks, because sliderends just can't represent strong beats in the songs as good as clickable ones. (what even is this slider for xd)
00:12:763 (4) - Fix blanket
00:13:854 (5) - Stack with 2 and this is offscreen I think, but would be fixed with stacking. I'd also make this slider point to the left to flow better to 1
00:15:490 (6) - Fix blanket
00:17:808 (2,3,4,5) - Instead of overlapping these vertically, you should always overlap in the flow's direction. These also need a bit more spacing
00:21:081 (2) - Fix blanket
00:22:990 (4) - Slider ending on white tick again for no reason
00:23:808 (2) - Too curvy
00:25:308 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Don't go all over the place with your patterns here, this is a nice spot to overlap and work with SV and spacing to repeat the patterns in a good way
00:26:945 (1) - Change this slider shape, it's pretty ugly
00:28:172 (4) - Also too curvy, You should use the same slider shape as 3
00:39:490 (4) - This should end on blue tick
00:40:172 (8) - Why'd you put another slider here?
00:41:672 (5,6,7,8) - You have so much space on the playfield to make more interesting jumps here, don't stack like this here
00:42:763 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - ^
00:44:808 (1) - As mentioned previously, add more sliderpoints

This diff could be so much better if you'd just stick to to same themes throughout the map. Many of the sliders are too curvy and need to be flattened more (You usually never see very curvy sliders in ranked maps nowadays). The patterns are also pretty unpolished, but that could be fixed easily

[Bootkick Goal]
00:03:763 (2) - This is a bit too close to 6 imo, you could rotate this by -120° and move it up a bit I changed it a bit
00:07:308 (6) - Why the finish? Thought it would fit. I were wrong.
00:12:217 (1) - Fix blanket Fixed. Also stacked 9 and 2
00:12:490 (2) - Stack with 9 ^
00:12:490 (2,3,4,5) - Cleaner curve pls I tried.
00:12:899 (5,6) - Wrong rhythm, the vocals start on the red tick. You'll also avoid having a sliderend on the white tick Check it out.
00:14:127 (10) - Space this further out from 9 Sure. Triangle
00:15:490 (5,6) - These would be better if they'd be parallel Ehh, I dunno
00:16:990 (4) - Wrong rhythm here again, the slider needs to be moved back by one tick and the circle has to be on the white tick I think it should be better.
00:18:354 (4) - Too curvy Oops, fixed.
00:20:672 (1,2,3,4,5) - Listen to this part again at 25% speed and remap, this doesn't fit any of the beats in the song I think I fixed it.
00:23:127 (2) - Unnecessary finish again, you could just add a clap here. Fixed
00:24:490 (8,9) - Wrong rhythm Gotcha
00:25:172 - Missed beat This is kinda to give players a moment to be ready to read the next part. Although I'll consider changing it.
00:26:127 (7) - Try not making this overlap with previous doubles Changed the whole part
00:26:945 (1) - This slider should end on blue tick hmmm....Should be fine for now.
00:29:399 (8) - Stack with 3 Huh?!
00:31:717 (8) - Replace with clap Sure
00:35:672 (9) - Stack with 7 Think I got it right.
00:35:945 (10) - Blanket with 9 nah
00:44:945 (1) - Make this spinner identical to other diffs Fixed it?

This diff was mostly fine

[Dashing Goal]
00:01:581 (5) - Space this further out, the player will think this is a 1/4 gap, because you've already stacked 00:00:627 (2,3) - similar to that
00:02:672 (5) - Shorten the slider and place a circle on the white tick?
00:08:672 (5,6,1) - Rotate by 40 or something and space accordingly
00:10:036 (1,2) - Not perfectly parallel
00:11:945 (10) - As mentioned above
00:12:490 (1,2) - Bad overlap, consider placing these parallel to each other. This would also make the distance to 00:13:036 (1) - less extreme, keep in mind this is just a Light Insane
00:14:672 (1,2) - Switch these 2 to correct the rhythm
00:14:808 (2) - Too curvy
00:15:081 (3,4,5,6) - This isn't a perfect line if you look at it closely
00:15:763 (7) - Spacing too high
00:18:490 (9) - Replace with slider
00:18:899 (9,1,2) - Bad overlaps
00:21:490 (3,4,5,6) - This doesn't look very nice
00:22:854 (2,3) - Fix overlaps
00:23:808 (1) - ^
00:24:763 (4,5,6,7) - Rotate this by 30° (selection centre)
00:25:172 (7) - Wrong rhythm again
00:25:717 (1,2) - Blankets would be better than overlaps here
00:26:945 (4) - Overdone edge
00:28:036 - Missed beat
00:28:172 (1,2,3,4,5) - Make this look nicer, it's like 2008 all over again xd
00:29:399 (6) - Make the white tick clickable again, you can't end sliders on these in 95% of cases
00:30:081 (1) - ^
00:30:763 (3,4,5,6,7) - This shouldn't overlap with 1 but you have to fix it anyway
00:31:581 (8,1) - This doesn't flow well
00:32:945 (4) - A slider would fit much better here
00:34:070 - What's with the unsnapped timing point near this?
00:34:308 (1,3) - Please don't use slider shapes whenever you want to use a new one, keep a few and stick to them. It makes this and the entire kiai just look like a 2008 unranked map
00:36:217 - You should consider remapping the kiai. The jumps need to be structured more and the slider shapes just don't make any sense at all. You also have sliders ending on strong beats constantly, which is just very poor rhythm emphaszing. Judging from the beginning of the map, this looks very rushed and you could do much better here, if you'd put enough work into it!
00:44:672 (7) - Why is this silent?
00:44:808 - I'd also put a spinner here like in every other diff

Good luck with your map!
Thanks alot for the mod U.U

Stingy's mod!~

Stingy wrote:

[General]

You should consider removing the difficulty in the name and leaving it as just the custom name. Example: Ground Goal, Slam Dunk, etc. Kinda disagree, but I may do something about it
The lyrics are missing? o3o I found this for the first "?" but idk because there's an "s" sound at the end of the word. ;w; Ripped the text from genius.com or something
For the 2nd one, I feel like it says "Sky native". It makes a loooot more sense >w<
For all difficulties, work on overall structure.
[]
[Ground Goal]
00:03:490 (2,3,4,1) - Why not make this symmetrical? Because I made the next combo pattern mirrored.
00:31:308 (5,2) - Stack? ;w; Very slightly off but fixed
00:13:308 (5,6,1) - Why stack here when you didn't stack 00:07:854 (4,5,1) - here? Thought it'd fit, and I think it still does.
00:28:035 (1,2,3) - Symmetry? Nuuuu
00:35:126 (5,1) - Blanket? Doneeeeeeeee
Write your stuff from earliest to latest in time next time x.x
[Dribble Goal]
00:03:490 (4,5,6) - Line these up I did something

This Normal is too hard o3o

[Dashing Goal]
00:02:399 (2,3,4,1) - Move (1) down to go with the curve of the triplet

I like the rhythm o3o

[Aerial Goal]
00:09:763 (4,2) - You can stack these if you want :o

Work on spacing. Rhythm seems fine. hmmm....

[Small Ball Mutator]
U-uh.. talk to Irreversible.... o.O already did
[]

ErunamoJAZZ wrote:

Hello Hi. Will finish applying mods soon.

[Extra CS7]
  1. First, a replay (HT, sorry): https://puu.sh/sDfsB/71cc41f652.osr
  2. About stats, I feel AR9 a bit fast, consider AR8.5 or so please. And HP6 is a high too, because you have streams here, HP5 will be better imo.
  3. man.. idk.. Flow was not very comfortable to play in many places (like in 00:08:263 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - 00:17:672 (1,2,3,4,5) - 00:25:308 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - by example, asdasd), and as well you are following voice in many sections, you are ignoring some strong beats (like in 00:22:581 - by example).
  4. This will need more testplays, and polish the flow!!! and validate the rhythm (I felt some overmapping). Little circles need a very very good flow to be funny (Otherwise, they will be annoying).
[Extra CS4]
  1. A testplay too: https://puu.sh/sDhRI/dc3820025f.osr
  2. 00:04:172 - following the rhythm you chose, add a circle here then.
  3. 00:05:672 - Avoid to ignore notes in the big white tick please!
  4. 00:07:854 (1,2) - Care about aesthetics, those sliders have different curve, try copying and rotating: https://puu.sh/sDgms/e68341e850.png
    Hint
    Remember, you have some tools for this in the Edit menu:
  5. 00:25:036 - if you are following the voice, add a circle here please.
  6. 00:25:717 (3,4) - Rhythmically, a Crtl+G feels better, in fact, Slider-circle-circle is a better rhythm for this section:
  7. 00:27:899 (3,4) - They looks a bit ugly. You made many similar sliders. try to use the tools I said before to improve aesthetics, this will make look your maps more professional ;)
  8. 00:31:581 - This space feels strange :(
  9. 00:34:581 (1,2) - Rhythmically, a Crtl+G feels better.
  10. Personally, I feel this map looks unclean yet, and rhythm need a lot of improvements too. Your mapping skills are very basic yet, so try to improve those before fix this diff! :3 (I mean, improving mapping skill with low diffs help more that try with high diffs).
[Insane]
  1. Replay!: https://puu.sh/sDhSM/75720555c1.osr
  2. 00:12:763 (4,5) - Rhythmically, a Crtl+G feels better. (WTF, 00:12:899 (5,6) - why man xD change red nodes for common nodes pls) I DUNNNOOOOOOO
  3. 00:13:172 (6,7) - Crtl+G too:
  4. 00:16:990 (4) - :!: Avoid start sliders in blue ticks pls! (except if some strong beat is there -not this case-)
  5. :o You did use too many sliders in blue ticks :S
  6. 00:31:308 - mm.. this beat is very strong to be ignored :S
  7. Spacing is very strange too, even if some will read this, using a consistent Distance will help to make this solid! (With "consistent" I mean, using same DS for common spacing, and same DS in Jumps -and not random DS in jumps-)
  8. ~_~
[Light Insane]
  1. 00:02:945 (6) - 00:07:308 - Not hitsound?

3. 00:13:854 (7) - please, remove repeat and add a circle or something in 00:14:399 -
  4. 00:14:808 (2,3) - Rhythmically, a Crtl+G feels better.
  5. 00:18:763 - 00:20:399 - 00:20:945 - 00:22:581 - 00:25:308 - I cant more, sorry :(
[Hard]
  1. Idk, I feel aesthetics will improve too.
  2. 00:36:217 (1) - emm... if its a error, just extend slider to 00:36:490 - . If it was intentional, please, nope. A circle is better idea here.
  3. This will need more work!
[Normal]
  1. ugg, man, this spacing will be very bad idea. How can a casual player read stuff like https://puu.sh/sDiTX/b510c06073.png with this spacing??
    please, change the basic space to 1.0x!!
  2. 00:02:127 - adding a note here, the polarity issue will be fixed: (more details about polarity in this Charles video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53PkFLrK8Ws )
  3. 00:06:899 (5,6) - a common stack is better
  4. 00:10:581 - add a note here please
  5. 00:16:854 (1) - is this spinner following something?? xD anyway, why finished this in a blue tick?? :S
  6. 00:20:399 (4,1) - Crtl+G feels better
  7. 00:22:036 (6,7) - Not sure if (7) is good idea in a normal diff u.u
  8. 00:23:127 - :(
  9. 00:24:217 (3,4) - Ctrl+G?
  10. 00:28:172 (1) - ugg, man, no please... dont start in a blue tick. 00:28:036 - feels more strong, so people will fail in this circle!!
  11. 00:30:081 (1) - (/w\)
  12. etc.... Rhythms need work!!
  13. Also, be careful where notes are placed
  14. ~_~

[Easy]
  1. Nice!, but this feels veeeery generic.
  2. 00:07:854 (4,5) - I want to suggest this:
  3. 00:16:581 (4,5) - Same here ;)
  4. 00:13:308 (5,1) - Stacks like this will be bad idea for Easy diffs.
  5. 00:42:762 (3,4) - for consistency:

About aesthetics:
  6. 00:02:944 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - Doing a symmetric patter here will be nice:
  7. 00:28:035 (1,2,3) - polish the symmetry:
    Steps
    Before

After

just delete 00:29:672 (3) - , copy 00:28:035 (1) - in 00:29:672 - (and remove new combo), then Ctrl+H and Ctrl+G.
  8. You will improve blankets and patterns yet!

[]
Uff... very long xD
I'm sorry, I dont check AiMod, or hitsounds, or many slider shapes... u.u

Arisa Ichigaya
For those looking to see the cs7 map, here it is, it was removed. I don't know all of the details, ask Zing or Steffen.
https://puu.sh/taiUV/0db6670e8e.osu
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.