forum

so i think im reaching that rank where i need to learn mods

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rektango
teach me to hr my dudes
do i just stick hr on for a whole week/forever and just learn it from that, or are there certain maps i should play to understand how to properly play it?
o x
Leaving a certain mod on for an extremely long time/forever will ruin how you are with other mods/nomod. Just try balancing the mods you play :D eventually you will be able to play it like a pro! -w-/ Good luck !!
N0thingSpecial
HD or EZ are great mods for you at this rank.

Seriously learn to acc if you want to learn HR
Pituophis

N0thingSpecial wrote:

This is why I'll never be an HR player among other reasons :(
7ambda

N0thingSpecial wrote:

HD or EZ are great mods for you at this rank.

Acc is for noobs who don't know how to mash.
Clappy
im no mod and less than half your rank, no where close
Topic Starter
Rektango
i'll probably choose to learn hidden simply because my acc isnt really good anyway
KupcaH
I'm playing almost HR only already for month. Average acc improved from 89% to 93%.
on 4* maps 97%
I guess learning HR takes A LOT of time. :c
Xyrus_old_1
Just play the mods you want to play and expect to suck if you pick HR.
vsprite
play more

also lmao @ playing hr at 5 digit rank just LMAO
Topic Starter
Rektango
screw you guys i just improved my hr ability by a lot because i spammed it
7ambda

Rhyktangle wrote:

screw you guys i just improved my hr ability by a lot because i spammed it
Then you did exactly as everyone said. lol
mulraf

Rhyktangle wrote:

i'll probably choose to learn hidden simply because my acc isnt really good anyway
my acc is bad too. i preffer hidden too. i think it's a nice mod for people with bad acc - it kinda makes up for the difference to ppl who nomod with good acc and depending on the map it doesn't add much difficulty in my opinion (have to get used to it a bit ofc) :3 sometimes i think it even adds something to the map :3
Mints
For me HD is more difficult so I just nomod to my current rank besides songs tht don't have difficult jumps, which I use HD, but DT/HR might be easier :3
Endaris
Yet you didn't gain any pp off of HR yet.
The one HR-score on your profile wouldve given the same pp for a 99+ nomod FC after all.
It's mandatory to get good at accuracy if you want to HR for ranks.
7ambda

Endaris wrote:

No it isn't. You just need to get a high enough combo on a map that's overweighted with HR.
B1rd

F1r3tar wrote:

Endaris wrote:

No it isn't. You just need to get a high enough combo on a map that's overweighted with HR.
HR increases the star rating by what, less than 10%? That is nothing, you will barely get more pp with a 95% HR play than a 99% nomod play. So no, HR is not good for gaining ranks without good acc.

There is no point in learning HR if you haven't ever mastered nomod ODs.
Endaris
What B1rd said. Overrated with HR is when it is easy to acc despite the increase of OD.
Granted, when playing CS5+ maps with HR you might actually gain a massive increase in SR from HR but the maps also get accordingly difficult to FC so I wouldn't call a map that gets its pp-boost from HR that way overweighted ever.
winber1
flashlight's where the real moneys at
B1rd
FLHDEZ = infinite pp
Topic Starter
Rektango
like i dont even know how to increase my accuracy in general, i just find it to be a play more type of thing
ithgyu
youre not even close to that point
Xyrus_old_1

Rhyktangle wrote:

like i dont even know how to increase my accuracy in general, i just find it to be a play more type of thing
Play a few easy to tap out maps where you don't make many misses, the maps should high enough OD that you get roughly 99% acc. Look at where you're making 100s and look for common mistakes, like speeding up on jumps, playing triples too fast, waiting too long on slow part of the song, etc. Then stop doing that.
KupcaH

Xyrus wrote:

Then stop doing that.
How? OзO
Xyrus_old_1

KupcaH wrote:

Xyrus wrote:

Then stop doing that.
How? OзO
By trying to do the opposite of what you're doing.

e.g. if you're coming in early on certain patterns/bursts etc. aim to come in late.