forum

How do I play hidden

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Einja
I've been learning how to try play hidden, but it seems that my accuracy is always off most of the time. I end up hitting the circles correctly, but my accuracy takes a dive all the time whenever I play it. I end up fcing something, but with horrendous accuracy ranging up to 85-95. Can someone give me a few tips on how to embrace the hidden mod? Thanks
Sandy Hoey
You have to look at how you are missing. Are you mistiming your hits? Or are you not mouse over where the circles are. Based on what you said, the first one is more often your problem. In that case, hidden forces you to listen to the music in order to figure out your timing. With nomod, you can just look at the hit circle to decide when to click. Now, you have to figure out how the note corresponds to the music.

TLDR: In the end, play more
Buster
i can play HD
Sandy Hoey

Lolinator2000 wrote:

i can play HD
Thanks for sharing
7ambda

Lolinator2000 wrote:

i can play HD
Thanks for sharing
KupcaH

Lolinator2000 wrote:

i can play HD
Thanks for sharing.
Btw, I can play nomod.
Deusieus

Lolinator2000 wrote:

i can play HD
thanks for sharing
winber1
i can share
vsprite
play hidden more
AGRX
focus on how notes disappear use that to understand the beat like if its 1/2 or 1/4 beat etc.
With some training and commitment this will come naturally but you still have to focus on reading hard.
Topic Starter
Einja

Sandy Hoey wrote:

You have to look at how you are missing. Are you mistiming your hits? Or are you not mouse over where the circles are. Based on what you said, the first one is more often your problem. In that case, hidden forces you to listen to the music in order to figure out your timing. With nomod, you can just look at the hit circle to decide when to click. Now, you have to figure out how the note corresponds to the music.

TLDR: In the end, play more
I'm not having trouble with putting my cursor on the circle and hitting it, mostly it is the fact that I'm trying to time it correctly. HD streams on the other hand I'm pretty horrible at :(
gh0st-
Make sure you're starting off playing well mapped songs until you get good at reading hidden. When you play, focus more on listening to the beat of the song and less of timing your hits with sight. Sometimes tapping your foot like a metronome will help keep you on beat (will sound familiar if you were ever in band/orchestra).

Honestly the biggest thing I can stress is pay attention to the beat and tap to it
Pituophis
I usually hit earlier than normal with Hidden. -5 or -10 offset usually helps me.
Luqanted
play HD with luck
Caput Mortuum
Playing HD is torture for me
Violet Link
To play Hidden, I usually listen to the beat of the music when I play a song instead of looking at the hit circles. Like what everyone else said in this thread, Hidden forces you to not rely on the approach circles' timing.

Play more and get used to how the mod works, I guess.
iadfugh
listen to the beat
play with hidden more
(^ after months of saying "play more doesnt help", it really does. i can probably pass a 5 star with hd by now.)
Worm_old_1
play hidden big black

fail

cry on the floor

shitpost and yell

repeat