forum

Pokémon Sun/Moon

posted
Total Posts
show more
Lanturn
Those Mareanie make for some easy trading. Got all the Moon exclusives minus a few from trading them, and they breed and hatch like crazy.

Catch two, trade for a ditto, and go crazy with em.

Right now I'm doing a full rotational with every new Pokemon and Alola form. On the third island now and all my guys are 7 levels too low. Makes for a nice challenge.
TakuMii
Eep, I've...managed to obtain Moon more than a week early, but still haven't had the time to progress through the game :x It's been released for a few days now, and I've only just made it to the 3rd island... at least I'm still enjoying it much more than I did with Gen 6.

I've wasted spent several hours doing random stuff like coming up with (good) nicknames for every single catch, trying to level up my Festival Plaza, purchasing and trying on different outfits, and trying to breed a shiny Growlithe, not really playing through the story... but I have a copy of Sun coming in from Amazon soon. I've wanted make Sun my main game, but now I'm more than hesitant to start fresh after clocking in nearly 40 hours. Would it be worth it to abandon ship and switch now, or should I just beat Moon first?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Just my opinion, but I'd rather finish a game first instead of leaving it incomplete. Then again, that's probably my OCD talking >.>

EDIT: These are some... rather... interesting glitches:

https://twitter.com/DB631_S/status/800552289761005569
https://twitter.com/DB631_S/status/800554464725712897
Yocake
Serebii Note: Many people are reporting glitches when saving in Pokémon Centers and Battle Tree . Avoid saving there. https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/801132058932379650

Hope they will fix this soon..
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
It's not a "glitch" you can get if you haven't modified your 3DS at all.

That being said, I will not link the article that talks about that here since it mentions a program I'm highly against using. However, you can find it yourself if you know the right place to search.
Yocake
So that means normal player shouldn't experience this bug by any chance? That makes me relieve a bit~

Personally, I've saved in PokeCenter for numerous times and never had any issue.
La Volpe

Yocake wrote:

So that means normal player shouldn't experience this bug by any chance? That makes me relieve a bit~

Personally, I've saved in PokeCenter for numerous times and never had any issue.
Funny thing some people are reporting that glitch as it was caused by the actual game lol.
TakuMii
Basically, what's been happening is that a broken version of a certain cheat program has been ruining people's save files, and instead of admitting that they have cheated, people have been reporting it as a 'game-breaking bug'. It's kinda silly, really.
Navizel
Sun and Moon is Gen 6 done right. Kinda disappointed there's still not enough new pokemons though. There's not a lot of speedy pokemons either on the new pokemons. Trick Room meta perhaps?
EneT

Navizel wrote:

Sun and Moon is Gen 6 done right. Kinda disappointed there's still not enough new pokemons though. There's not a lot of speedy pokemons either on the new pokemons. Trick Room meta perhaps?
Trick room meta? Nah more like weather and terrain meta. You got the tapu Pokemon changing the terrain and gaining boosts from it while decreasing the power of certain move types then you got new shit like Alolan ninetales which is a new, more reliable way to get hail up on the field. A good chunk of the new Pokemon, especially the alolan Pokemon have hidden abilities that boost them depending on weather, like alolan sandslash with the hail form of sand rush. A weather setter isn't necessarily going to be a must have but a tapu pokemon is. We're going back to the days of gen v. Also the eeveelutions' Z-move is broken, ban it, get it out. Trick room could never, ever be the go-to meta because if everyone started using slow Pokemons then what was the point of trick room in the first place.
Navizel
Even if it won't be the meta I still think it would at least be more viable this year. and it's not like you can't combine them anyway. Not sure about your singles but I've never seen Trick Room not get used in vgc. Going back to gen five is nice. Z moves are kinda like gems. Megas are shit. Mega Kang and Salamence can go die in a fire. Such a shame Salamence is in Alola. Holy shit Torkoal and Pelipper got weather. Yeah TR Sun Torkoal maybe.
Snepif
Been through 2 full boxes of Abras, still none with Adamant nature... Does anyone have a spare Adamant Abra/Ditto/Human-Like egg group Pokemon? Don't care about IVs and stuff, I'm trying to find one to use the Synchronize ability.

Or any synchronize adamant mon, for that matter.
_koinuri
I have every synchronize Abra except for Docile so I can send you mine.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Well... finished the main and post-story. Since I don't really care much for Battle Royal and Battle Tree, all I have left to do is finish the Alola Pokédex.

At any rate, have some dancing Team Skull: https://twitter.com/GumzaDancingTo/status/803087785536192512
EneT
I'm pretty sure Alolan Marowak walls around 70% of all the pokemon in sun/moon.
La Volpe
When I saw Anabel in the motel, she reminded me of Kyokou from Danganronpa, her outfit is very similar to the one she has during the 2nd season.

Just found a shiny gastly while I was doing the UB missions. o/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I randomly found a shiny Pikipek and shiny Alolan Raticate while I was trying to fill my Pokédex, lol.

Don't really care for them, but hey, first Gen 7 shinies /o/
La Volpe
There is a community challenge currently going on where we have to catch a ridiculous amount of Pokemons. (100 Million if i remember correctly) If we achieve the goal we get 1000 Festival coins.
Yocake
I can't believe she left ;;
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Wonder Trade's gonna be complete garbage thanks to that global mission (assuming people are just gonna go to Route 1 and catch their Pokémon there then WT those off) >.>
La Volpe
I would rather get a Pokemon from route 1 than another stupid Abra.
Yocake
God I was stuck at freakin 99% Zygarde for such a long time, somehow manage to get 100% just now!!!
TwT
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Lol, I know that feeling. Apparently I missed the Core in Hala's house.
Navizel
do some zygarde cells/cores only appear in post game

I just finished Pokemon Moon. Still havent traveled to the rest of Poni Island but the pre elite four part felt rushed. Not much to do there except a semi Victory Road and one trial. Kinda sad there's still only one physical fairy move and the physical Tapus didn't even get them.

Also lol holy shit Tapu Bulu Grassy Terrain + Horn Leech + Leftovers
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Navizel wrote:

do some zygarde cells/cores only appear in post game
No, they appear immediately after you get the Zygarde Cube; however, some only appear during either daytime or nighttime.
EneT

Navizel wrote:

See for yourself the P.O.W.E.R. that is Choice Specs Tapu Lele + Psychic Terrain + Psychic that 2 shots absolutely everything regardless of 2x resistance.
Navizel

EneT wrote:

Navizel wrote:

See for yourself the P.O.W.E.R. that is Choice Specs Tapu Lele + Psychic Terrain + Psychic that 2 shots absolutely everything regardless of 2x resistance.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 68-81 (33.3 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowking: 88-104 (43.5 - 51.4%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO
although I doubt anyone would build Celesteela like that lol. still pretty good though. 50% chance to ohko Tapu Bulu even outside Psychic Terrain.
Ciunek
This felt so much less satisfying than full X/Y dex.
EneT

Navizel wrote:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Celesteela: 68-81 (33.3 - 39.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Slowking: 88-104 (43.5 - 51.4%) -- 7.4% chance to 2HKO
although I doubt anyone would build Celesteela like that lol. still pretty good though. 50% chance to ohko Tapu Bulu even outside Psychic Terrain.
Yeye, you know I don't actually mean absolutely everything when I say absolutely everything. It won't obviously 2 shot fat shit like hippos but switching in a Necrozma or a Skarmory into a Tape Lele thinking they could eat a hit is shockingly wrong as they get 2 shot despite having a resistance and those that don't have a resistance are more than likely to get 1 shot. Point being, once Tape Lele is in the field, something is either dying or going to be receiving a whole lot of damage and if you think it resists, it doesn't. A 43-51% hit to a slowking which has psychic resist is A LOT, that's power, and considering that amount of damage, it two shots everything not as fatty even through resistances, it could even 2 shot slowking too if the spdef drop of psychic actually applies. Tape Lele I'd say is like, the prime counter to all offensive teams. Out of all the Tapu Pokemon, it's Tapu Fini and Tapu Lele that sticks out as being good in any kind of team. The secondary effects of psychic terrain and Misty terrain are just so good. Tapu Bulu and Tapu Koko are more situational.

Also, Choice Specs Tapu Lele + Psychic terrain + Psychic + Z-move + Stealth Rock damage is a near guaranteed ohko against max hp no spdef Celesteela. If there isn't a dark type in the enemy team, why bother predicting what they're going to switch in? Just press Psychic and see the lifebars drop.
La Volpe
I'm thinking about buying a lottery ticket, i caught a shiny eevee today lol.
Yocake
Today I tried to scan some QR codes from some non-related magazines via the in-game scan QR code method (idk why I did that...) Guess what I actually managed to register Koffing and Wobbuffet..
_koinuri
Nofool

-[Koinuri] wrote:

where can you find those? is there a place with them having decent IVs or something
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
The mountain with the Electric trial. There's some grass along the way down. Just spam SOS battles till you get a decent one, I guess.
Faust
Good stuff so far.

Nihilego is adorable. Especially in Pokemon Refresh.
_koinuri

Nofool wrote:

-[Koinuri] wrote:

where can you find those? is there a place with them having decent IVs or something
What Blazevoir said.

Any Pokemon after the 30 SOS of the same Pokemon is guaranteed to be at least 4IV.

A good way to do this is making the Ditto transform into a Pokemon that only knows recycle and give it leppa berry through trick/switcheroo for infinite pp. You can then use false swipe, adrenaline orb, and a Pokemon with a Pressure ability to increase the chance of Ditto joining the battle. And you can just keep beating 30 Dittos and catch the next one. Reusing adrenaline orb is a good way to skip the turn when Ditto failed to SOS.
La Volpe
Decided to hatch 20 eggs to unlock the judge function with a random Jangmo-o i got off wondertrade, one of the hatchling was a shiny wee!
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Magearna's distribution is now live! That being said, it's only available for those who beat the main story:

North America QR code
Europe & Australia QR code

EDIT: So... this is a thing:

Navizel
I just noticed
Isle Avue = I love you
Isle Evelup = I level up
Isle Abeens = I love beans/Isle of beans
what does the other two mean though
TakuMii

Navizel wrote:

I just noticed