forum

Pokémon Sun/Moon

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette

Known current and future events

1. November 18, 2016 - January 11, 2017: Munchlax with Snorlium Z (receive via Mystery Gift)
  2. November 29, 2016 - December 13, 2016: First global mission where everyone collectively has to catch 100,000,000 Pokémon! Access it via Festival Plaza.
  3. December 5, 2016 onwards: Magearna (only available to those who beat the main story) (North America QR code | Europe & Australia QR code)

Original post

Making this thread ahead of time since apparently some people managed to get the games already.

I'll update this post with news/events/etc. once we get more info.
Nwolf
Incineroar best pokemon!
Hika
How is that even possible getting the game early?
EneT
Because they get paid to give it attention obvs.
I'm tellin' you straight up, right now, as soon as sun/moon releases Imma be playin' it non-stop. Gonna do 3 playthroughs in the span of a week, 1st playthrough I'm catching and using every single pokemon, 2nd gonna be a Litten-only playthrough no evos and 3rd is gonna be a Nuzlocke. That's how hyped I am for this game.
Hika
doing challenges I see? Lol.
EneT
No, they're not challenges, only the 3rd one is. When you're a kid you play through the game only using your starter right? So I want to re-live that experience and 1st playthrough obvs gonna catch and use every pokemon so I can see what they're all like.
Aurele
I'm so excited to see how this turns out!
Birdy
I should do Nuzlocke for the first time in my life.

However it'll probably take a couple months before I can put my extra money into something like this.

We'll see.
Buster
#teamrowlett
Nwolf
#teamlitten
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I can't believe you two.

#TeamPopplio #TeamBrionne #TeamPrimarina
Birdy
#teamrowlett
La Volpe
#TeamPopplio Majestic seal ftw
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Something I forgot to post: GameStop stores across the US are doing midnight releases. I dunno about other countries/regions, though.
Yocake
I'm getting SUN via amazon, sometimes later I'll get MOON too.
For starters I'm still not decided :s
I even don't know if I should choose the girl or the boy...
Nwolf

Blazevoir wrote:

I can't believe you two.

#TeamPopplio #TeamBrionne #TeamPrimarina
you don't even have primarina as avatar, you hate her
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Please don't start with that -_-
Yocake

I can't click on this...... Not yet,,
Rurree
please give me money
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Updated the OP with two events.
La Volpe
Is it me or the Pokedex entries in Sun/Moon got alot darker, like Cubone entry is just sad.
Lanturn
Those Mareanie make for some easy trading. Got all the Moon exclusives minus a few from trading them, and they breed and hatch like crazy.

Catch two, trade for a ditto, and go crazy with em.

Right now I'm doing a full rotational with every new Pokemon and Alola form. On the third island now and all my guys are 7 levels too low. Makes for a nice challenge.
TakuMii
Eep, I've...managed to obtain Moon more than a week early, but still haven't had the time to progress through the game :x It's been released for a few days now, and I've only just made it to the 3rd island... at least I'm still enjoying it much more than I did with Gen 6.

I've wasted spent several hours doing random stuff like coming up with (good) nicknames for every single catch, trying to level up my Festival Plaza, purchasing and trying on different outfits, and trying to breed a shiny Growlithe, not really playing through the story... but I have a copy of Sun coming in from Amazon soon. I've wanted make Sun my main game, but now I'm more than hesitant to start fresh after clocking in nearly 40 hours. Would it be worth it to abandon ship and switch now, or should I just beat Moon first?
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Just my opinion, but I'd rather finish a game first instead of leaving it incomplete. Then again, that's probably my OCD talking >.>

EDIT: These are some... rather... interesting glitches:

https://twitter.com/DB631_S/status/800552289761005569
https://twitter.com/DB631_S/status/800554464725712897
Yocake
Serebii Note: Many people are reporting glitches when saving in Pokémon Centers and Battle Tree . Avoid saving there. https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/801132058932379650

Hope they will fix this soon..
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
It's not a "glitch" you can get if you haven't modified your 3DS at all.

That being said, I will not link the article that talks about that here since it mentions a program I'm highly against using. However, you can find it yourself if you know the right place to search.
Yocake
So that means normal player shouldn't experience this bug by any chance? That makes me relieve a bit~

Personally, I've saved in PokeCenter for numerous times and never had any issue.
La Volpe

Yocake wrote:

So that means normal player shouldn't experience this bug by any chance? That makes me relieve a bit~

Personally, I've saved in PokeCenter for numerous times and never had any issue.
Funny thing some people are reporting that glitch as it was caused by the actual game lol.
TakuMii
Basically, what's been happening is that a broken version of a certain cheat program has been ruining people's save files, and instead of admitting that they have cheated, people have been reporting it as a 'game-breaking bug'. It's kinda silly, really.
Navizel
Sun and Moon is Gen 6 done right. Kinda disappointed there's still not enough new pokemons though. There's not a lot of speedy pokemons either on the new pokemons. Trick Room meta perhaps?
EneT

Navizel wrote:

Sun and Moon is Gen 6 done right. Kinda disappointed there's still not enough new pokemons though. There's not a lot of speedy pokemons either on the new pokemons. Trick Room meta perhaps?
Trick room meta? Nah more like weather and terrain meta. You got the tapu Pokemon changing the terrain and gaining boosts from it while decreasing the power of certain move types then you got new shit like Alolan ninetales which is a new, more reliable way to get hail up on the field. A good chunk of the new Pokemon, especially the alolan Pokemon have hidden abilities that boost them depending on weather, like alolan sandslash with the hail form of sand rush. A weather setter isn't necessarily going to be a must have but a tapu pokemon is. We're going back to the days of gen v. Also the eeveelutions' Z-move is broken, ban it, get it out. Trick room could never, ever be the go-to meta because if everyone started using slow Pokemons then what was the point of trick room in the first place.
Navizel
Even if it won't be the meta I still think it would at least be more viable this year. and it's not like you can't combine them anyway. Not sure about your singles but I've never seen Trick Room not get used in vgc. Going back to gen five is nice. Z moves are kinda like gems. Megas are shit. Mega Kang and Salamence can go die in a fire. Such a shame Salamence is in Alola. Holy shit Torkoal and Pelipper got weather. Yeah TR Sun Torkoal maybe.
Snepif
Been through 2 full boxes of Abras, still none with Adamant nature... Does anyone have a spare Adamant Abra/Ditto/Human-Like egg group Pokemon? Don't care about IVs and stuff, I'm trying to find one to use the Synchronize ability.

Or any synchronize adamant mon, for that matter.
_koinuri
I have every synchronize Abra except for Docile so I can send you mine.
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
Well... finished the main and post-story. Since I don't really care much for Battle Royal and Battle Tree, all I have left to do is finish the Alola Pokédex.

At any rate, have some dancing Team Skull: https://twitter.com/GumzaDancingTo/status/803087785536192512
EneT
I'm pretty sure Alolan Marowak walls around 70% of all the pokemon in sun/moon.
La Volpe
When I saw Anabel in the motel, she reminded me of Kyokou from Danganronpa, her outfit is very similar to the one she has during the 2nd season.

Just found a shiny gastly while I was doing the UB missions. o/
Topic Starter
NaomiMinette
I randomly found a shiny Pikipek and shiny Alolan Raticate while I was trying to fill my Pokédex, lol.

Don't really care for them, but hey, first Gen 7 shinies /o/
La Volpe
There is a community challenge currently going on where we have to catch a ridiculous amount of Pokemons. (100 Million if i remember correctly) If we achieve the goal we get 1000 Festival coins.
show more