forum

[Archived] Ban Appealing

posted
Total Posts
show more
SoND
I was silenced in chat for using too many lines when saying goodbye and while I was silenced I spammed "llama" a little bit to pass the time. My osu froze while doing it so I decided to spam it again (still silenced) to see if it would freeze again but I found myself banned.

I didn't mean to flood the chat or do any harm to Bancho. Is this permanent? :(
whymeman

SoND wrote:

I was silenced in chat for using too many lines when saying goodbye and while I was silenced I spammed "llama" a little bit to pass the time. My osu froze while doing it so I decided to spam it again (still silenced) to see if it would freeze again but I found myself banned.

I didn't mean to flood the chat or do any harm to Bancho. Is this permanent? :(
If you didn't mean to flood the chat then why did you try to flood again?

Anyways, your ban is 24 hours for silence evasion and heavy spamming. Don't do it again otherwise your next ban could end up longer.
SoND
I figured that because I was silenced it wasn't reaching the chat and I could do what I wanted.

Guess not, thanks. :lol:

EDIT - There was no intentional evasion of the silence if it appeared that way.
CXu
Just something: when silencing, isn't it a good idea to give a reason or something? (well if you already do that then nvm this). Like !silence CXu Don't Spam. or something similar to that. Atleast that way people might actually get that a silence is a warning or something? Oh and reason/time to show up when you're banned, since right now this topic seems to either deal with those who don't know what they did or don't know for how long they've been banned, something that could be easily solved if this information is just shown to the player.
Gens
There's already a feature request for that, as far as I know. Let me dig it up...

viewtopic.php?p=562007

The silence reason would be useless though, as you can still read the chat while silenced, and the moderator can easily tell you what you did there.
SilentKiller

Gens wrote:

There's already a feature request for that, as far as I know. Let me dig it up...

viewtopic.php?p=562007

The silence reason would be useless though, as you can still read the chat while silenced, and the moderator can easily tell you what you did there.
Liek they ever do. No mods give a shit they just get happy they have a power and use it. If you ever ask afterwards it usualy ends up with another silence or ban. Or when you prove them wrong they dont even bother apologizing. They dont care to even look into what happened. Just another group of people with power who dont use their head. DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
SilentKiller

SilentKiller wrote:

Gens wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=562007

Liek they ever do. No mods give a shit they just get happy they have a power and use it. If you ever ask afterwards it usualy ends up with another silence or ban. Or when you prove them wrong they dont even bother apologizing. They dont care to even look into what happened. Just another group of people with power who dont use their head. DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
Because thats very mature and a prime example of what im talking about.
Shiirn
magic and pixie dust used to be here
Hernan
I lol'd
Galkan
Requesting bancheck for Brass the Hedgehog.
Huskatron

Beuchi-chan wrote:

5h ban, silenced and banned for not behaving correctly in chat, then evaded the ban with a multiaccount (no matter if it's not yours, you used it to evade the ban).

You guys know about multiaccounts cause of IP addresses or... IRC stupidity saying it's your multiaccoutnt... or?
Inamaru

Frozen wrote:

You guys know about multiaccounts cause of IP addresses or... IRC stupidity saying it's your multiaccoutnt... or?
or...
it's not your problem.
Huskatron
why and how long for?
Inamaru

Frozen wrote:

why and how long for?
nonsense in #osu | 2 hours
Derekku

Galkan wrote:

Requesting bancheck for Brass the Hedgehog.
Should already be over. o.o

Frozen wrote:

why and how long for?
2 hours for nonsense in chat after being silenced twice.

[15:07] <Frozen> you Frozen ?
[15:07] <Frozen> yes i am
[15:07] <Frozen> hi
[15:07] <Frozen> hi
[15:07] <Nadina120> i ask [peppy] a question or send a message and he is like...do not message me
[15:07] <Nadina120> like pfft what ever
[15:07] <Nadina120> i farking wont then
[15:08] <Frozen> nadina : peppy is busy sniffin it up *wink*
[15:08] <Frozen> thats how he came up qith osu
[15:49] <Frozen> e___________________________________-e
[16:02] <Frozen> hika is with me now NO QUESTIONS
[16:02] <Hika> ..
[16:02] <Frozen> ill pay
Huskatron

Inamaru wrote:

Frozen wrote:

why and how long for?
nonsense in #osu | 2 hours
I really should learn to stop trolling ... :X
shaNk_old
Hi, ive been banned, and i beleive it's because i relogged when i got silenced. I havn't been playing for long and did not know you could get banned for that reason. Id like to appologize for the abuse and ill calm down in the future, or stay muted 8) Please let me know if theres a possibility of unban, or what the duration is gonna be :[

thx alot ~ shank
Derekku

NrGshaNk wrote:

Hi, ive been banned, and i beleive it's because i relogged when i got silenced. I havn't been playing for long and did not know you could get banned for that reason. Id like to appologize for the abuse and ill calm down in the future, or stay muted 8) Please let me know if theres a possibility of unban, or what the duration is gonna be :[

thx alot ~ shank
[17:38] <NrGshaNk> CANNOT
[17:38] <NrGshaNk> CANNOT S FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[17:40] <NrGshaNk> JESUS CHRIST
[17:40] <NrGshaNk> SOMEONE LOVE ME
[17:42] <NrGshaNk> FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
[17:43] <NrGshaNk> one more
[17:43] <NrGshaNk> or FUCK it
At this point you were silenced.

[17:44] <NrGshaNk> DONE son
And then banned for evading the silence. Don't spam anymore and don't evade silences!
shaNk_old
will do sir haha. sorry for that

how long is this gonna last T_T??
mm201
The duration is one hour.
shaNk_old

mm201 wrote:

The duration is one hour.
but thats sooooo lonnnnnnnggggggggggggggggggg :D

thanks mate. ^_^

edit: oh by the way, sick response time. lol keep it up
TBTE
Banned, Not sure why completely, I think it is because I Cap spam, if so how long?

If not why? and how long?
James2250
TBTE: 6 hour ban for spamming and nonsense

Yeah the caps spam didn't help anything
TBTE

James2250 wrote:

TBTE: 6 hour ban for spamming and nonsense

Yeah the caps spam didn't help anything
Agreed. Got excited for Lv. 50 tho.
sallygwizz38
I just wanna know how long have i been banned?
Inamaru

sallygwizz38 wrote:

1 hour
sallygwizz38

Inamaru wrote:

sallygwizz38 wrote:

1 hour
we are going to bed in 1 hour! see you tomorrow morning then! [google:a9446]tomorrow morning[/google:a9446]
RommelDawg
I just wanna know how long i am banned for :?
Inamaru

RommelDawg wrote:

I just wanna know how long i am banned for :?

3 hours
Ekoro
Oh shit i'm banned cause i was spamming in PM o_o
Well , i have asked my friend if i can do it only for some seconds (not really spamming o_o , just doing it for fun) , and i think i'm banned.

How long i am banned?

(and i'm so sorry , I'll not do it again , I did not know it had such consequences ._.)
Elly-chan
And if he's banned can I be banned for the duration too? ;o; Since we were both doing it cause we both wanted to do it to eachother~

Edit: Leave Elly Alone OTL
Inamaru

_LRJ_ wrote:

Oh shit i'm banned cause i was spamming in PM o_o
Well , i have asked my friend if i can do it only for some seconds (not really spamming o_o , just doing it for fun) , and i think i'm banned.

How long i am banned?

(and i'm so sorry , I'll not do it again , I did not know it had such consequences ._.)

Bancho Spam protection | 1 hour

Elly-chan wrote:

And if he's banned can I be banned for the duration too? ;o; Since we were both doing it cause we both wanted to do it to eachother~
:I no
sallygwizz38
om my g, for the 24 hour ban (which is sooooo long) that i got about 10 AM central time ( 2 1/2 hours ago) , why not subtract about 25 minutes and that is still a long time or take out 30 seconds which still makes it a long time. i will chat only about the topic and stay on-topic in chat.
SPOILER
What is the topic? 10:02 AM 8/25/2011 and give me internets (spam link)
GladiOol
I know why; just tell me how long \:D/
dNextGen
72 hours for trolling
Shohei Ohtani

sallygwizz38 wrote:

om my g, for the 24 hour ban (which is sooooo long) that i got about 10 AM central time ( 2 1/2 hours ago) , why not subtract about 25 minutes and that is still a long time or take out 30 seconds which still makes it a long time. i will chat only about the topic and stay on-topic in chat.
SPOILER
What is the topic? 10:02 AM 8/25/2011 and give me internets (spam link)
Yeah admins don't generally shorten bans, especially with such a minimal amount, unless there's some drastic reason (ie. ban name or duration typo.). Just wait the full duration and do like, something else. You know, like actually play the game.
Bakario
how long :D?
Derekku
96 hours for repetitive spam/flooding in #spanish. You get silenced multiple times per day, and haven't seemed to learn how to stop.
Love
Banned like a bawss for "discriminating" oranges, but I only love one. How long? kthx.

btw hi wmm
James2250
Love: Banned for 1 hour for trolling in chat
show more