forum

[Archived] Ban Appealing

posted
Total Posts
show more
RageTH
^Me, Cantarella and Kakarotto were silenced too, just to add it up.
fabriciorby

Shiirn wrote:

Doesn't matter, if you're silenced you wait it out for 5 minutes whether you deserved it or not. It's 5 minutes. You can still PM friends if you relog, but don't talk publicly.

Not taking those 5 minutes gives enough excuse to extend it to a much longer time.
Hm, sorry then, I got just silenced for no reason, no HL, explanation or something like that on all chats, so I really thought that was a glitch.
Shiirn

Blue Dragon wrote:

Except there was NO REASON to ban fabb and silence 2 other people with him.
deal with it, even if it's completely wrong the chat admins have the right to be as incompetent as they want. Better to just deal with five minutes of public silence (it won't kill you) than to cause drama and get actually banned.
fabriciorby

Shiirn wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Except there was NO REASON to ban fabb and silence 2 other people with him.
deal with it, even if it's completely wrong the chat admins have the right to be as incompetent as they want. Better to just deal with five minutes of public silence (it won't kill you) than to cause drama and get actually banned.
Yeah I tought that it was a glitch or something like that because it was completely random
Derekku
You were silenced for spamming, and then you evaded the silence. The ban is only for three hours, and since it's already been one, there's two hours left.

EDIT: The ban was reduced to three hours due to a misunderstanding.
fabriciorby

Derekku wrote:

You were silenced for spamming, and then you evaded the silence. The ban is only for three hours, and since it's already been one, there's two hours left.
Hm, spamming, so that's the cause, were Kakarotto and Katsuri spamming too ?
Hika
They should really have some clear guidelines as to what can actually get you silenced / banned.
Derekku

Hika wrote:

They should really have some clear guidelines as to what can actually get you silenced / banned.
Like this? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=30842

fabriciorby wrote:

Derekku wrote:

Hm, spamming, so that's the cause, were Kakarotto and Katsuri spamming too ?
Others were silenced as well, but no one else silence evaded.
RageTH

Derekku wrote:

Others were silenced as well, but no one else silence evaded.
Still doesn't justify why silencing Kakarotto and Cantarella.
I'd declare Fabriciorby half-guilty, for running from "jail" (Silence).
fabriciorby
3. No avoiding punishment. If you were silenced for misbehaving, and you relog to undo the silence, you will be banned.

I think we need some logs here, most of us were talking as always.
And the worse is that people who were really spamming didn't get silenced
Hika
I don't really want to start anything in a thread for ban appealing but no one actually looks or reads that.
Derekku
Someone used !report for people spamming in the channel. I silenced a few people that I saw spamming, including you for all-caps lines:
21:35 <fabriciorby> : NÃO
21:35 <fabriciorby> : O CARA CHEGA NESSE CHAT
21:35 <fabriciorby> : E PERGUNTA
21:35 <fabriciorby> : SE TEM QLGUM BR
RageTH

Derekku wrote:

Someone used !report for people spamming in the channel. I silenced a few people that I saw spamming, including you for all-caps lines:
You're right about the caps, but he was talking about someone who was spamming (and wasn't silenced/banned(from what I saw)).
Mismagius

Derekku wrote:

As I told you...

Like here.

fabriciorby
It's wrong, it's not the first time that some mod goes to #pt and gets silencing everbody for doing nothing.
Now, when I ask for some log nobody is here.
Ok, I evaded the silence but it's wrong to silence everybody for nothing, it's wrong for a mod to do something wrong and we have to pay for this, I got silenced and banned without any explanation. Surely if somebody was able to explain why I got silenced I would never evade that, but nobody did it.
I don't think it's fair to ban me because of this, not without a proof that I was really spamming, since I got banned because of a someone's mistake.
Derekku
I removed the ban, and I apologize for the misunderstanding. But please, even if you get wrongly silenced, just wait for the silence to end and then ask about it. Silence evading is never a good idea and will just cause unnecessary confusion like this.
RageTH
We're all sorry for the fuss in the topic. Now let it move to the right direction again.
fabriciorby
Thank you, next time I won't evade (:
awp

Hika wrote:

I don't really want to start anything in a thread for ban appealing but no one actually looks or reads that.
fyi, ignorance doesn't work when it comes to law

ie if you're travelling to a foreign location (be it a country or a website on the Internet) you are bound by the laws of that location. So while it may be true that these people don't realize that they're doing wrong, they're doing wrong, and it remains entirely their fault.
paulokaya
about this history to ban or mute the player I've had something like ... sorry I started reading some posts but I came to conclusion that some players (with the support bar) are abusing the use of own support ... enjoyed something happened to me when I was severely hurt and then I decided to speak some truths in the face of the person (it was found that the support and the game punished me for 12 hrs ... conclusion: if you're the support you can say whatever he wants , act like you want to be rude to other players (because of the style of play, level or other similar aspects) of course, he will have the power to decide if it's right or wrong ...

what I think is that the team should pay more attention to that kind of person ...

sorry if I said something too ;)

PS: traduzir textos no google é chato demais >.<
dvorak_old

paulokaya wrote:

about this history to ban or mute the player I've had something like ... sorry I started reading some posts but I came to conclusion that some players (with the support bar) are abusing the use of own support ... enjoyed something happened to me when I was severely hurt and then I decided to speak some truths in the face of the person (it was found that the support and the game punished me for 12 hrs ... conclusion: if you're the support you can say whatever he wants , act like you want to be rude to other players (because of the style of play, level or other similar aspects) of course, he will have the power to decide if it's right or wrong ...

what I think is that the team should pay more attention to that kind of person ...

There are moderators who can read your native language, so please write detail in your own language.
[Luanny]

paulokaya wrote:

agreed u_ú

btw, i've been silenced too with Kakarotto, Cantarella, etc but i don't care, i just wait the 5 minutes :)
but Paulo,i think that this topic will not repair "Some people" to think that they are "masters"
and it's not a good reason for ban, 'cause the ban will not change stupid minds :)

sorry for my english
[i didn't use google translator]
Kakarotto_old
Ok, otaku friends. I appreciate the silence for nothing.
Those will be the best memories.
Katsuri
I was silenced too making two posts..

#portuguese NEEDS a moderator that understands our language to moderate.

Dragvon is a good forum moderator.
Quaraezha
lol sudden invasion from
Derekku
Please continue this discussion in another thread (is there one in feature requests for a #pt mod yet?) as this thread is for ban appeals, not silence appeals. I'm glad that you're all voicing your opinions but I don't want this thread to get any more off-track. :S
paulokaya
know that here is not the place to comment on enjoying it more ...
goku666 and this guy (or is willing to use this as spam topic of this issue ... but the guy shot a suspected to my ranks so to speak (I know it made ​​the music fc + hr and the guy managed to take my score with no way and still missing a lot ... I've about 30 reports to be properly evaluated until now this ... but it ...

I know it ! I know are thousands and thousands of songs ... more and the report button? useless?

/me confuse again >.<

PS:@edit: sorry if I did not post the music credits (3 are to be exact) over thousands of music played is hard to find ... ta me later ... to go to work ... q feel like editing the post and put it here for you guys to see it ...
Mukku
Hi there. I seem to be banned and don't know why. My scores seem to get submitted correctly though.

The pic below is what happens when I open osu!.

Inamaru

Mukku wrote:

Hi there. I seem to be banned and don't know why. My scores seem to get submitted correctly though.
Also, any bans administered in-game are chat bans only - they have no influence on your ability to submit scores.
Anyway: spam | 24 hours
Mukku
Why is that not in the first post? I still would like to know why I am banned, even if it is only a chat ban.
Shiro

Inamaru wrote:

spam | 24 hours
ziin
that message should totally read
"You are banned. If you think this is an error, please wait an hour or two before reporting".

Or actually give the reason/time for the ban/silence.
Derekku
@Mukku: More specifically, a 24-hour IP ban for all of your irc clients. I've seen at least the mukku ones all online at once on a daily basis; are they really all needed?

[01:32] * BanchoBot sets mode: +v hirvio_mur
[01:32] * BanchoBot sets mode: +v mukku<3
[01:32] * BanchoBot sets mode: +v mukku
[01:32] * BanchoBot sets mode: +v kaunis_prinsessa
[01:32] * BanchoBot sets mode: +v ArgusTangentti
[01:32] * BanchoBot sets mode: +v loigb<3
[01:32] * BanchoBot sets mode: +v mukku_
[01:32] * BanchoBot sets mode: +v mukku__
[01:32] * BanchoBot sets mode: +v mukku___
Lnzr_old
Beuchi-chan made ​​a ban for making a joke, just ask me something and she gets a ban for 24 hours, this is too much, I have not evaded anything to make the ban is long :/
Derekku

LANZER wrote:

Beuchi-chan made ​​a ban for making a joke, just ask me something and she gets a ban for 24 hours, this is too much, I have not evaded anything to make the ban is long :/
Don't joke about cheats. Also, this isn't your first chat offense.
Lnzr_old

Derekku wrote:

LANZER wrote:

Don't joke about cheats. Also, this isn't your first chat offense.
24HRS not think too much, did not know what to say "lend me your cheats nvid4x" as a joke could be very wrong, I can first having silenced?
Beuchi
I've already told you in PM, no.

You were literally "asking for cheat links because certain people linked you some and the links didn't work", it doesn't matter if it was a joke or not and it's even worse if you involve people in it that has nothing to do with it. You deserve the ban and it's not going to get shorter, sorry.
Lnzr_old
I can shorten the time to 20 hrs?
whymeman

LANZER wrote:

I can shorten the time to 20 hrs?
No.
Yakety Saxer
Why was I banned for 1 hour and then unbanned again #Lulz
show more