[Archived] Ban Appealing

posted
Total Posts
show more
James2250
ShinseinaTenshi

4 hours for inappropriate linked video content
Hiryuu_old
Ah, alright thanks for the info and sorry.
Hiryuu_old
Hello, I have a problem..my osu just done some update and when it reopened osu it told me i was banned, is this some error caused by the server/connection or something towards that?
#Edit: This post should've gone to the Bancho server relocation thread if i had a problem when osu! updated.. I posted this in the wrong section, sorry.
razor2992
Apparently I got banned for no reason
Derekku

razor wrote:

1 week for repetitive trolling and inappropriate behavior in #osu.
razor2992

Derekku wrote:

razor wrote:

1 week for repetitive trolling and inappropriate behavior in #osu.
When untill it lifted?
Derekku
Roughly two more days.
Yakety Saxer
I love how I've seen about 3 NSFW bans which range from 4 - 48 hours. And yet I was banned for 1 week. Really that is so funny :P In fact it is just too funny. All for linking a furry site which happens to have 18+ material?
Randy96
You're not helping yourself here
Shiirn

Annie the Eagle wrote:

I love how I've seen about 3 NSFW bans which range from 4 - 48 hours. And yet I was banned for 1 week. Really that is so funny :P In fact it is just too funny. All for linking a furry site which happens to have 18+ material?
It's probably because of the severity of the crime you committed. Maybe you should just be quiet.
dkun

Shiirn wrote:

Annie the Eagle wrote:

It's probably because of the severity of the crime you committed. Maybe you should just be quiet.
Someone should extend it to a forum ban as well.
Obviously hasn't learned from past mistakes.
Raging Bull
Maybe it wasn't your first offense?
Suimya
I'm Banned why and for how long xD
whymeman

-Sekai- wrote:

I'm Banned why and for how long xD
1 Hour from Bancho's anti-spam protection. Better to wait it out and be more careful next time.
Suimya
lol i havent even mean to spam anyways thanx whymeman for telling me xD
Keksi
i god banned this morning . for how long and what is the reason ?
Neclory
got* you mean
Yakety Saxer

dkun wrote:

Shiirn wrote:

Someone should extend it to a forum ban as well.
Obviously hasn't learned from past mistakes.
I was just commenting, lulz. I only have like 12 hours ban left :)

@Shiirn, yeah - I guess some of the stuff on that particular website can be classed as rather offensive. Whatevers :)
lespaulforever5
what did i get banned and how long for?
Derekku

lespaulforever5 wrote:

what did i get banned and how long for?
One hour for nonsense in chat, but the ban is already over.
kevvvwantstoask
Okay, why was my main account kevvv banned and for how long, I cant even log in so i have a feeling it was a perm ban? it's kind of pissing me off the way things are handled here
Derekku
You were banned for cheating, even after promising not to. Quit making more accounts.
kevvvwantstoask

Derekku wrote:

You were banned for cheating, even after promising not to. Quit making more accounts.

So im guessing there is no length on it then?
Derekku
Permanently banned, so no, there's no limit.
kevvvwantstoask

Derekku wrote:

more accounts it is then :D
Agnes

kevvvwantstoask wrote:

Derekku wrote:

...I'd expect you to take a HINT and not make another account or something after what Derekku said. Guess I was utterly wrong. Welp!
Raging Bull

kevvvwantstoask wrote:

Derekku wrote:

Pretty sure they can also IP ban you >_>
eldnl

kevvvwantstoask wrote:

Derekku wrote:

Talk with peppy, don't be more accounts.
fabriciorby
Hi, why am I banned and how long for ?
whymeman

fabriciorby wrote:

First you was silenced in the chat for misbehaving, and then evaded the silence. And then you evaded the ban with IRC which added the ban up to 24 hours.
fabriciorby

whymeman wrote:

fabriciorby wrote:

First you was silenced in the chat for misbehaving, and then evaded the silence. And then you evaded the ban with IRC which added the ban up to 24 hours.
I was silenced for no reason, I guess hm.
I evaded the silenced because I tought it was some glitch idk, lol
I got banned and then I entered the IRC to see if somebody got silenced or banned too, so I talked with Blue Dragon that told me it was just me, so I went to #portuguese to tell people that I was banned, that's all.
Shiirn
Doesn't matter, if you're silenced you wait it out for 5 minutes whether you deserved it or not. It's 5 minutes. You can still PM friends if you relog, but don't talk publicly.

Not taking those 5 minutes gives enough excuse to extend it to a much longer time.
Mismagius
Except there was NO REASON to ban fabb and silence 2 other people with him.
RageTH
^Me, Cantarella and Kakarotto were silenced too, just to add it up.
fabriciorby

Shiirn wrote:

Doesn't matter, if you're silenced you wait it out for 5 minutes whether you deserved it or not. It's 5 minutes. You can still PM friends if you relog, but don't talk publicly.

Not taking those 5 minutes gives enough excuse to extend it to a much longer time.
Hm, sorry then, I got just silenced for no reason, no HL, explanation or something like that on all chats, so I really thought that was a glitch.
Shiirn

Blue Dragon wrote:

deal with it, even if it's completely wrong the chat admins have the right to be as incompetent as they want. Better to just deal with five minutes of public silence (it won't kill you) than to cause drama and get actually banned.
fabriciorby

Shiirn wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

deal with it, even if it's completely wrong the chat admins have the right to be as incompetent as they want. Better to just deal with five minutes of public silence (it won't kill you) than to cause drama and get actually banned.
Yeah I tought that it was a glitch or something like that because it was completely random
Derekku
You were silenced for spamming, and then you evaded the silence. The ban is only for three hours, and since it's already been one, there's two hours left.

EDIT: The ban was reduced to three hours due to a misunderstanding.
fabriciorby

Derekku wrote:

You were silenced for spamming, and then you evaded the silence. The ban is only for three hours, and since it's already been one, there's two hours left.
Hm, spamming, so that's the cause, were Kakarotto and Katsuri spamming too ?
Hika
They should really have some clear guidelines as to what can actually get you silenced / banned.
show more