1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Help
  4. Resolved Issues
show more
posted

[Zero_One] wrote:

I got banned for posting a NSFW link in #filipino .
It's been like 12 hours ago, and I'm still banned.
how long would I be banned?
24 hour ban, so it's over half done
posted

awp wrote:

24 hour ban, so it's over half done
I see. thanks.
posted
Apparently also IppE got banned a hour after that situation. So I'd like to know - did everyone get banned for one hour?
posted
Never Die asked me to post here, is he permabanned? D:

and what reason
posted

Lunah wrote:

Never Die asked me to post here, is he permabanned? D:

and what reason
Banned icon = yes sir.
posted

Shiirn wrote:

Lunah wrote:

Never Die asked me to post here, is he permabanned? D:

and what reason
Banned icon = yes sir.
And another one bites the dust, why did he get banned?
posted
God damnitt, what was I banned for? I dont even care, just tell me why and how long.
posted
it's a one hour ban. I don't know why. It might take me just as long to find out as it would take for your ban to expire.
posted

awp wrote:

it's a one hour ban. I don't know why. It might take me just as long to find out as it would take for your ban to expire.
T_T
posted
How long is my ban?
posted

VashxthexStampede wrote:

How long is my ban?
6 hours for inappropriate comments in chat
posted
I'd almost like to appeal that, because I can promise you I've seen a lot worse than what I said go unpunished, but whatever. I'll let him take out his anger and just sit out my ban.
posted

VashxthexStampede wrote:

I'd almost like to appeal that
You were silenced at least three times, and should've been banned after the first silence.

VashxthexStampede wrote:

I can promise you I've seen a lot worse than what I said go unpunished
Then use !report. Also, remember that silences/kills aren't shown in chat, so even if it looks like action hasn't been taken, it most likely has.
posted

VashxthexStampede wrote:

I'd almost like to appeal that, because I can promise you I've seen a lot worse than what I said go unpunished
Is there any logic behind this reasoning?
posted

awp wrote:

VashxthexStampede wrote:

I'd almost like to appeal that, because I can promise you I've seen a lot worse than what I said go unpunished
Is there any logic behind this reasoning?
He thinks that the more moderators you know the more you get away with, which is right in a sense, but also wrong.

Also I'm taking it that i have the same 6 hours.
posted

TBTE wrote:

He thinks that the more moderators you know the more you get away with, which is right in a sense, but also wrong.
That wouldn't make sense.
posted
and when have you known TBTE to make sense?

He is saying that the more GMT/BAT/Operators you know the more you get away with.
posted
*sigh* TBTE you're close but not quite. Yes it's true, the friendlier you are (or, if you'll pardon me, the more you kiss up to them) the more likely they are to ever so gratuitously over look your point indiscretion. However I didn't want to bring this up because while it is true, it is also a matter that can't be adequately dealt with.
posted

VashxthexStampede wrote:

*sigh* TBTE you're close but not quite. Yes it's true, the friendlier you are (or, if you'll pardon me, the more you kiss up to them) the more likely they are to ever so gratuitously over look your point indiscretion. However I didn't want to bring this up because while it is true, it is also a matter that can't be adequately dealt with.
I have two hangups with this:

1 - it's a gross accusation. I personally don't put up with this sort of mentality (a personal bias given to fondness of specific individuals) unless I know it's playful banter.

2 - it's entirely beside the point. Others breaking the law doing something doesn't make you doing something any less illegal. The rules apply to everyone. Everyone (except perhaps for peppy and the dev team). I grant you that I've seen inconsistencies in punishment and can confirm they exist (bloody softies) but I'd say it's a bit frivolous to argue "unfair treatment" when you've already breached the contract.
posted
Dear Moderators

9:23 PM Philippine time, i was silenced for 5 minutes because i thought i accidentally spammed on #filipino. I was waiting for my 5 minutes to end but a minute before it was supposed to end, Rokodo said i was Silence Evading, when i never did anything because i was only waiting for the 5 minutes to end. I have a lot of friends dear to me in Osu and i humbly ask you to unban me. If i did anything wrong, which i highly doubt, i appologize and promise not to do anything of the sort again. thank you for reading and i hope you consider my request.
show more
Please sign in to reply.