forum

[Archived] Ban Appealing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ephemeral
Are you unsure as to why you are banned? Post in this thread, and a moderator will fill you in on why you are banned and how long for.

(This is a public thread - everybody can see it. Think carefully as to whether you want to air your dirty laundry or not.)

Do NOT make threads in any other forum regarding bans. Use this one.

Note: If you did something wrong, there are records of it, so lying or making assumptions about it is not advised. Pushing the issue may just result in further extension of your ban.

Derekku EDIT: Please only post in this thread if you are appealing or giving information on a ban.

dvorak EDIT: If you get banned, please wait 1hour (the minimum/default ban length) before using this thread.

peppy EDIT: Please only post in this thread to appeal IRC level bans for your own account. Account level bans can be followed up via email (osu@ppy.sh) by the account holder.
Vish024
Convenient. I've honestly been banned for no reason, as much as it seems like a cliche. I appeared on #italian, did not utter a word, then I see someone scoff at me and I'm kicked out. (EDIT: Clearly there was some malice behind it). It'd be a complete waste of time appealing so I'd just like to know why and if possible for how long.
mm201
If you honestly believe there's something malicious going on in the BAT, etc., then you really should report it.

More often, a seemingly reasonless ban is a mistake.
RemmyX25
also, you probably somehow or another tripped the Bancho auto-ban. (i don't have logs for this so i can't exactly be sure)
Topic Starter
Ephemeral

LaVolpe024 wrote:

Convenient. I've honestly been banned for no reason, as much as it seems like a cliche. I appeared on #italian, did not utter a word, then I see someone scoff at me and I'm kicked out. (EDIT: Clearly there was some malice behind it). It'd be a complete waste of time appealing so I'd just like to know why and if possible for how long.
96hrs for repeat harassment offenses coupled with a very, very poor prior history of conduct

i highly suggest you behave since at this rate, your next ban may very well be your last
Card N'FoRcE
Just for everyone's information, I sent another forum PM with detailed reasons to LaVolpe024 about two hours ago, as soon as i turned on my computer.
Misawa Natsuki
I know why I'm banned just how long for?
Inamaru

Kitteh wrote:

24 hours
Odin23_old
hello, it says i am banned wel i was playing in multi today, whats going on?
Misawa Natsuki

Inamaru wrote:

Kitteh wrote:

24 hours
How do you know?
Inamaru

Odin23 wrote:

link with explicit content (nsfw) in #osu - 24 hours
Odin23_old

Inamaru wrote:

Odin23 wrote:

link with explicit content (nsfw) in #osu - 24 hours
oh the funny prank thing, oh well, thank you!
Starrodkirby86

Kitteh wrote:

How do you know?
Inamaru is an awesome OP for IRC. He knows these things. ;)
Misawa Natsuki
Ah fair enough i think i was just taken away by his 202 post and thought he was a random just posting any time.. Anyways thanks
sile
Got banned for spamming spanish in the #spanish channel, for how long is that?
Bob1991
I got banned I would like to know for how long. There were no warnings or anything :(
Misael__old
I got banned and I don't know why neither for how long neither who banned me.
awp

Misael_ wrote:

I got banned and I don't know why neither for how long neither who banned me.
neither do I. You're not in the ban list, meaning you're unbanned now, which means your ban was <72 hours, which means it was for something like spamming, excessive cussing, or doing something else foolish in chat
Oil_Boy_old
I got banned :cry:

i m sorry
Danneh
I just got banned... While I was on skype. How the fork? Explanation please.
show more