forum

[Archived] Ban Appealing

posted
Total Posts
show more
Natteke
And that also means random people will be able to spam you without being silenced, so it makes sense
awp

lazur2012 wrote:

awp wrote:

This will automatically be cleared in 2 weeks time.
So we don't have problem.
But (for me personally) this is kinda ridiculous. Spamming friends? I know spamming on public channel or people who we don't know is bad. But if I want to write a lot of fast messages to my friends I must use external communicator... ehh
You need to be typing one message every 0.2 seconds or so for that to trigger. That's a lot.

Of course if you copy-paste something from another source that contains several paragraphs, that's another way to easily trigger it. So you need to avoid doing that.
Hamuko
Mutual friendship could be a sort of check to not trigger silence in private messages.
With mutual friendship you would be able to spam with friends in private messages. Of course if you were to end up bothering them they would be able to report you as normally.
Without mutual friendship you would be not able to spam people, like in normal chat channels.
awp

awp wrote:

It doesn't matter who or what you're spamming - those messages still have to hit the server and back.
If this made an exception for users who are mutual friends, then someone could create two accounts, friend one another, and run a bot that just flooded irc with PMs and slow the whole thing down, possibly crashing it
zeroclover
hi #Ban Appealing
i have weird request to you...
can u BAN my account for a week?
i want it because i always got hater and 1 mod talking bad abt me at #chinese before
i just dont like it since i never do a bad things to other
so i want get my first BAN and make all of them happy
sorry for stupid request
please ban me because i already made many mistakes at #osu or other channel
i hope there is no cyberbullying at osu soon o_o

please dont ask me to doing spamming or use cheat to ban myself, i dont like that way
i just want get banned status at my profile for a week
pm me if u want give me some solutions
Sakura
People cant request to be banned, besides this is a Ban Appealing topic not a Ban requesting topic, if people are bullying you just use !report or PM a BAT.
boat

what is this even? I want chatlogs of what i did wrong. I don't recall doing anything "imappropriate".

And if possible, i want to know from what location it was done. I recall that if it was 19 hours ago, then i must have been at school by that time.
FJT_old
><

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

In #thai, you repeatedly sent short messages flooding/spamming the chat.

06:40:53 <_YorsH_> :o
06:40:54 <_YorsH_> but
06:40:57 <_YorsH_> spect ME
06:40:59 <_YorsH_> not you
06:41:00 <_YorsH_> :)
06:58:47 <K_o_n_i_c_h_i_w_a> Ao no Exorist ? ;D
06:58:51 <_YorsH_> yes
06:58:52 <_YorsH_> ;D
06:58:57 <K_o_n_i_c_h_i_w_a> lol
06:59:03 <_YorsH_> MM
06:59:07 <_YorsH_> ;D
06:59:11 <K_o_n_i_c_h_i_w_a> ;D
06:59:15 <_YorsH_> ;D
There were also a few of them where you simply added on to someone else's line, like saying "555".

07:20:35 <_YorsH_> no
07:20:40 <K_o_n_i_c_h_i_w_a> ?
07:20:44 <_YorsH_> no
07:20:54 <K_o_n_i_c_h_i_w_a> lol
07:24:15 <kong13679> ...
07:24:46 <kong13679> ใครอะ
07:27:46 <_YorsH_> ...
07:28:13 <viewsmart123> ..
07:28:58 <_YorsH_> ...
07:29:26 <K_o_n_i_c_h_i_w_a> ...
07:29:48 <_YorsH_> ...
07:30:38 <viewsmart123> .....
07:30:54 <K_o_n_i_c_h_i_w_a> .
This is where you were silenced, along with the other two users.

When your silenced expired, there was more of that emoticon stuff...

07:35:35 <_YorsH_> <.<
07:36:54 <K_o_n_i_c_h_i_w_a> ???
07:37:17 <_YorsH_> xD
07:37:38 <mercury2004> 0_0
07:38:20 <_YorsH_> o_O
You could at least try to write more coherent messages, or condense your items into one line, please?
Crashed_old
got banned cause i do a big mistake and i learn from that, don't hink about much about that and now i've see that ban i know ....
over 20 people in #german report me cause they hate me , so they want to do all to ban me. i've send mails but no answers.. hope you can contact me in osu online or to mail
Sakura

Sakura Hana wrote:

...if people are bullying you just use !report or PM a BAT.
Chatlogs/screenshots are advised to be included btw.
Mismagius
EDIT: Everything is solved. My silence is gone~
awp

Crashed wrote:

got banned cause i do a big mistake and i learn from that, don't hink about much about that and now i've see that ban i know ....
over 20 people in #german report me cause they hate me , so they want to do all to ban me. i've send mails but no answers.. hope you can contact me in osu online or to mail
Was there a question in there, anywhere? Why are you posting?
Galkan
I like the way I'm being almost ignored for previous posts (only awp has balls to answer?) and yet I'm getting another hours for voicing opinion of SH's unefficiency.
Gimme a hand, anyone?
Shiro
You said something very offensive for seemingly no reason. This silence is deserved.
Bittersweet
I'd like to understand that too. Because i didnt see anything that could cause a silence. If she gets offended about such a simple thing like periods, then she should change her sex. And that was the only comment i saw that could be classified as "inappropiate behavior". So, now ppl can't say "please dont say things like that" just because they have the power to silence you? Thats so great.
awp
There's a lot of crosstalk in that post you mentioned and even having read it twice I can't really figure out everything that's going on. I'd agree, it's zealous behaviour, but I think it's your reputation that's earned it. You can call it a number of things: prejudice, hatred, experience, preemption. The important thing I picked up from it was from the line "Galkan, drop it", which was used as a platform for starting another argument. There's enough grief to go around as it is, and when one builds up a reputation as a shit-disturber, when they go looking for trouble, I can kind of sympathize with taking preventative action rather than damage control. But that's an opinion from the sidelines. I don't have The Whole Story(tm) so chances are, this entire post is meaningless

also is that :V macro you posted of Bass? Because I'm under the impression that it is
Bittersweet
The case now is:

SPOILER
* Galkan (Galkan@cho) has joined #portuguese
* BanchoBot sets mode: +v Galkan

<Salmone> pronto good standing denovo :D
<Hyguys> >blue dragon
<Kazuo> feliz
* +Bittersweet changes nick to Bitter-chan
<Blue_Dragon> Just please keep in mind that caps abuse is normally used here
<+Galkan> Hi all
<Blue_Dragon> This, and the laugh
<Kazuo> cute nyan | kazuo | chan
<Andreycs> hi galkan
<JeSsYkA> Hi you .
<+Bittersweet> Galkan <3
<Blue_Dragon> is the only thing you should ignore on this chat
<@SakuraHana> not really, im letting u pass since i cant find the log, although im sure i saw it
* Bakario is playing (jihnsius - Cutting Circles)[http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7832] [Big Circle Version]
<cococococo> sakura unkillme tooooo!
<Blue_Dragon> well, I can give you the log
<Blue_Dragon> Or you can also ask odaril
* Feerkuroda|osu (Feerkuroda@cho) Quit
<@SakuraHana> cococococo|osu: no
<cococococo> xDDD
<+Bittersweet> or K|enshin
* Mutsui|irc (Mutsui@cho) has joined #portuguese
* BanchoBot sets mode: +v Mutsui|irc
<isah-chan> nossa que deselegante~
<+Bittersweet> actually, youre letting him pass because you made a mistake
<cococococo> thats unfair
<+Bittersweet> wont kill you admite that :3
<+K|enshin> SakuraHana: you are ising IRc, rght? Because in my Screen, i don't found anything
* aayamazaki|osu (aayamazaki@cho) has joined #portuguese
* Mayuka_Howard|osu (Mayuka_Howard@cho) Quit
<@Odaril|irc> wat ?
<@SakuraHana> im using mibbit but it has a very short backlog
<Hyguys> k brb
<+Galkan> Use Xchat.
<@SakuraHana> cant, nothing besides mibbit will connect from my workplace
<+K|enshin> wanna a daylog, before admit your mistake, SakuraHana ?
* +Mutsui|irc eats some popcorn
<+Mutsui|irc> want some ?
<Thombs> desisti :D
* hirako-kun|osu (hirako-kun@cho) has joined #portuguese
<Kazuo> do want
<Andreycs> yes, give me?
<+Galkan> Stay outside chat in workplace, I'd suggest?
* gozldtmfnsk|osu (gozldtmfnsk@cho) Quit
* @Sushi|osu (Sushi@cho) has left #portuguese
<Bakario> what happen
* raenkumi|osu (raenkumi@cho) Quit
<+Galkan> Or at least refrain from punishing people for minor things.
* kenjon|osu (kenjon@cho) Quit
<Bakario> who die
<@Odaril|irc> Galkan giving moderating lessons
<cococococo> sakura thats unfair unkill me too!
<@Odaril|irc> \:D/
* isah-chan|osu (isah-chan@cho) Quit
<+Galkan> In other words: stop having your period every single day.
<cococococo> you unkill someone you have to unkill everyone
<+Galkan> That'll help us all, thanks.
<Bakario> i have only 2 silenced
<Darksonic> lol.
<Bakario> im a good boi \:D/
<@Odaril|irc> hm
<Andreycs> wut
<@Odaril|irc> That was uncalled for Galkan
<+Bittersweet> Hey
<+Mutsui|irc> I've got only 0 silenced
<+Bittersweet> thats not fair
<+Mutsui|irc> I'm a good boi \:D/
<cococococo> i have 2 silences 2
<cococococo> too**
<+Bittersweet> i have my period every fucking day
<@Odaril|irc> You should learn to respect people and not insult them like that
<Karine-chan> #portuguese here.
<+Bittersweet> and most of #pt ppl likes me
<Blue_Dragon> pq tu despeja a tua tpm nos newbs, bitter
<Blue_Dragon> 8D
<+Bittersweet> sem sempre :B
<+Galkan> Now Odaril, that was an insult.
<+Galkan> Not this stuff I've done before
<+Galkan> lmao
<+Galkan> and sorry Bitter :P

<+Bittersweet> you love me too, right? :D
<+Bittersweet> see? having a period isnt that bad
<+Bittersweet> its all about focus in right direction
<Kazuo> grey combo break

And then i got a msg from a friend saying Galkan was silenced for 5 hours. Now, i know the time isnt important because its relative to previous blablabla. And then again, notice that im not saying he was right. Im saying he wasnt silenced right-after the "insult". If Odaril's sentence can be taken as the warning he diserved, we can assume it worked because he said nothing insulting someone later. Also, I asked laterin the same irc channel why he got silenced, and nobody replied. You can't expect ppl to respect you modders if you think you're too much important to get a word against you and its already case of giving silences. Im not saying ppl shouldnt respect rules, just that same rules works for modders and normal users.

And just to make a point. The subject in the channel when he got there was basically Sakura reverting a silence she gave to BD without reason. Then instead of admit fault, she was saying it was because she couldnt find the proof. Its not like if he started to complain about the modder from nothing.
mm201
Lesson of the day: insults involving reproductive function, imagined or otherwise, are not taken well.
awp
Here I am reading a thread dedicated to people presenting one-sided arguments and only providing "evidence" that makes them look innocent, without providing the proper context

and yet I couldn't get into the Phoenix Wright games, which are pretty much this in GBA form

My best guess is, Odaril's "That was completely inappropriate" comment wasn't a warning, it was a "you just crossed the line, goodbye" sort of remark

notice not everything grants you a warning. Warnings are intended for situations where it's hard to tell whether a line is being crossed or not. And not everything is in the grey area.
Bittersweet
The point is Galkan getting silenced for today's innaproprieted behaviour. You have the log of what happened since he got online today to his last line. I dont know which context youre missing, sorry.

[19:45:11] <@Odaril|irc> hm
[19:45:15] <@Odaril|irc> That was uncalled for Galkan
[19:45:41] <@Odaril|irc> You should learn to respect people and not insult them like that

It doesnt seems like a 'youre getting silenced for the next 5 hours because a girls are sensible", for me. Ofc, i can be wrong.
Galkan

mm201 wrote:

Lesson of the day: insults involving reproductive function, imagined or otherwise, are not taken well.
I'd rather call it "provoke" - and see, someone here can't control emotions. And that's not me.

awp wrote:

(...) There's enough grief to go around as it is, and when one builds up a reputation as a shit-disturber, when they go looking for trouble, I can kind of sympathize with taking preventative action rather than damage control. But that's an opinion from the sidelines. I don't have The Whole Story(tm) so chances are, this entire post is meaningless

also is that :V macro you posted of Bass? Because I'm under the impression that it is
I'm here for 2 years and never caused any trouble. Now I'm getting bitched by people with higher power only because they can't admit to their mistakes and say sorry. How the hell am I supposed to respect someone thinking they're boss of the world? Would you call me a shit-disturber for this line I got silenced for?

About that emoticon :V - yes, it's (was) meant to be Bass' photoshopped face. Hadn't I stated this clearly before?

awp wrote:

Here I am reading a thread dedicated to people presenting one-sided arguments and only providing "evidence" that makes them look innocent, without providing the proper context

My best guess is, Odaril's "That was completely inappropriate" comment wasn't a warning, it was a "you just crossed the line, goodbye" sort of remark

notice not everything grants you a warning. Warnings are intended for situations where it's hard to tell whether a line is being crossed or not. And not everything is in the grey area.
I couldn't explain it any better (I think neither Bittersweet could), I (and she) have provided discussions' contexts, point of view and explanations to such cases, what would be not understandable here? At least I don't see any mistake from my side.

General question remains the same: Can't I tell the mods in absolutely any way they can't do their job properly (with given examples and general public dissapointment) because they're emotional overreacting? What's the point of this thread, then? Just as Gladi's said, it really looks like USSR...
awp

Galkan wrote:

awp wrote:

(...) There's enough grief to go around as it is, and when one builds up a reputation as a shit-disturber, when they go looking for trouble, I can kind of sympathize with taking preventative action rather than damage control
I apologize for this, I'm actually thinking of someone else

I mean, the general point still stands, but I'm not sure it would apply to you without very specific context
mm201

Galkan wrote:

"provoke"
Known elsewhere on the internet as trolling.

Galkan wrote:

I'm here for 2 years and never caused any trouble.
Your attitude has changed substantially in the past <month or so, and not for the better. That or I just never took notice before.

Galkan wrote:

USSR
On the contrary, this system is very capitalist. Being a private server, its rules are at the sole discretion of its owners and they can ban for any reason.

Fair or not, heckling a moderator, especially when you know they don't like it, isn't a very smart idea.
Natteke
Being a private server, its rules are at the sole discretion of its owners and they can ban for any reason.
This makes this whole thread useless
mm201
Okay, landed and wastelocked~

No, the purpose of this thread is to clear up mistakes.
boat
I still yet do not believe that i deserved that one 85 hour ban, as I even put effort into not saying anything that could be interpreted as offensive due to only having two silences to go until getting banned.

At the very least give me a chatlog from what I said, how else am I supposed to learn and not repeat what I said.
mm201
I'm sorry but I don't have logs from that time handy.
85h is certainly too much and the system needs work.

Edit: Just saw you STILL had 35h left to serve, which is nuts. So I ended your silence.
Shiro
To clear the Galkan thing up: Galkan came in a channel, not knowing *at all* what was going on at all, then started telling a moderator what they should do and what they shouldn't. This in itself is fine (apart from the fact Galkan did it without even knowing what was going on, which is...).
Except one thing, Galkan: you started being offensive for absolutely no reason, leading to an obviously purposely offensive comment - two in fact.
I must say that what deserved your silence, more than the fact you insulted someone, is your very poor behaviour in the past month or so. You've been warned multiple times not to be offensive and not to troll, but you decided to ignore the warnings.
The system isn't warning -> punishment -> warning -> punishment. When you've already been warned and punished several times, you're supposed to have learnt the lesson.

This is how I saw things happen and this is why you were silenced. If you still want to appeal it, feel free to PM me or to keep posting.
Louis Cyphre

I wasn't online at this time as far as i remember.
Galkan

Odaril wrote:

To clear the Galkan thing up: Galkan came in a channel, not knowing *at all* what was going on at all, then started telling a moderator what they should do and what they shouldn't. This in itself is fine (apart from the fact Galkan did it without even knowing what was going on, which is...).
Except one thing, Galkan: you started being offensive for absolutely no reason, leading to an obviously purposely offensive comment - two in fact.
I must say that what deserved your silence, more than the fact you insulted someone, is your very poor behaviour in the past month or so. You've been warned multiple times not to be offensive and not to troll, but you decided to ignore the warnings.
The system isn't warning -> punishment -> warning -> punishment. When you've already been warned and punished several times, you're supposed to have learnt the lesson.

This is how I saw things happen and this is why you were silenced. If you still want to appeal it, feel free to PM me or to keep posting.
How can you tell I didn't know what was going on? Blue Dragon was silenced for "caps abusive" (in fact, for two lines when one was only laugh) in situation only one person could get annoyed by. I came to channel to check how will this issue get resolved and it went very well because:

<SakuraHana> not really, im letting u pass since i cant find the log, although im sure i saw it

"Although I'm sure I saw it" - this sounds ridiculous, is that how a channel op should work? It's not really nice to get shut up and then unsilenced only because a mod can't give proof of what they did beforehand (and yet not even single "sorry" was heard). Not even mentioning such behaviour is usual (AFAIK always was) in #portuguese, so why someone who is outside suddenly thinks they're omnipotent?

How am I supposed to learn a lesson if the person being "teacher" is silly and inconsequent? And to remind you one thing, you said sorry for silencing me while you completely didn't know the context of discussion. You admitted a mistake. Why can't we hear this from our emotional overreacting colleagues? 'Cause they think they're always right and untouchable?

mm201 wrote:

Galkan wrote:

"provoke"
Known elsewhere on the internet as trolling.
Used here as an example someone shouldn't be a moderator if they're offended of such things. Hey, recently they get offended by everything around!

And for a reminder:

Bittersweet wrote:

I'd like to understand that too. Because i didnt see anything that could cause a silence. If she gets offended about such a simple thing like periods, then she should change her sex. And that was the only comment i saw that could be classified as "inappropiate behavior". So, now ppl can't say "please dont say things like that" just because they have the power to silence you? Thats so great.
Shiro

Louis Cyphre wrote:

I wasn't online at this time as far as i remember.
This is Australian time. I could try looking through my logs to see why you were silenced. Will do so and edit my post if I have an answer.

[20:41:29] <Louis_Cyphre> GIORGOS WHERE ARE YOU
[20:41:31] <Zephan> Lol
[20:41:37] * Roxxy23 is playing (Kazuki Katou - EASY GO (TV Size))[http://osu.ppy.sh/s/22402] [Zero Point]
[20:41:37] <Brownie> Trolis Typhre!
[20:41:38] <Giorgos> .....
[20:41:47] <Louis_Cyphre> GIORGOS LET'S GO MULTI
[20:41:48] <Zephan> Magic.
[20:41:49] <Louis_Cyphre> KANOKA!!!

Here's what I have. Before you complain about it, YES, the silence was three minutes late.

Galkan: your comments were meant to be offensive and that's what you were silenced for.
Saying "I made a mistake" is far better than saying "sorry".
Natteke
Shall I start quoting moderation guidelines or something...
Bittersweet

Odaril wrote:

Galkan: your comments were meant to be offensive and that's what you were silenced for.
I know its for Galkan, not for me, but. Neither were said in the situation he mentioned.
Shiro
Oh, this doesn't seem to be perfectly clear:

I am the one who silenced Galkan.

Bittersweet: I am aware of that. I am not trying to explain other silences that occured - or didn't occur. I'm only explaining why I silenced Galkan, since that's what he was asking to know.
Bittersweet
It became clear some posts ago, don't worry :p.

I was just pointing out that part of your answer didnt make sense.
Sakura

Galkan wrote:

and yet not even single "sorry" was heard.
fwiw I did apologize to BD, despite the fact that he didnt handle the situation properly and should've been silenced for causing Drama and chaos in a channel, if he needed to discuss the silence he could've PM'd me rather than calling me out in a public chatroom and asking there, or if anything, PM me after he had highlighted me.

The fact that i was pretty sure that he said more lines with caps it's irrelevant, i made a human mistake (maybe confused him with someone else) which is why i unsilenced sorry if it was a misunderstanding, we are humans and can make mistakes fyi, which is why this topic exists, and which is why people can PM us as well to discuss these things.
Louis Cyphre
Here's what I have. Before you complain about it, YES, the silence was three minutes late.
Damn, just for trolling my friend Giorgos? Nah. I don't really care, but you guys should stop shooting silences for such ridiculous reasons. It's just stupid.
Mismagius

Sakura Hana wrote:

if he needed to discuss the silence he could've PM'd me rather than calling me out in a public chatroom and asking there, or if anything, PM me after he had highlighted me.
That's stupid. I DID post here, and didn't get ANY answer at all. You're blaming me for a stupid mistake you did, nice attitude!
Galkan

Odaril wrote:

For me it'd be as same as saying "stop behaving like little children who've just got an internet access". Come on man, get some distance, so far you get this as something offensive.

Sakura Hana wrote:

(...) we are humans and can make mistakes fyi
And how many mistakes more are you going to do without any responsibility?

Sakura Hana wrote:

which is why this topic exists, and which is why people can PM us as well to discuss these things.
Despite being hypocrite here (thread exists to make PM contact possible, huh) ... ok, whatever, I've already stated that I contacted Odaril few days ago regarding my third silence and he's admitted he's done it by mistake and due to misunderstanding. Can I get at least one infraction removed from my profile, then? What is the purpose of this thread if a one goes with "we are kings and you are mere pathetic peasant, now carry on with penalty and shut up or get the fuck out" behaviour?
peppy
Any further ban appeals should be run via me. Please address your emails to accounts@ppy.sh and use a subject of "Ban Appeal: <username>"
Include the reason you were banned (if you have been banned, you know why) and explain why you do not believe your behaviour should have resulted in a ban.

Allow up to five days for a response. If you make an appeal and it is rejected, all further appeals will be rejected.