forum

[resolved] FPS Stuttering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KillerPanda
Problem Details:

Whenever I play on a beatmap I almost 100% have this stutter occur throughout the course of the map, it is really annoying because it turns 100% accuracy to 97%. I have no clue what so ever may cause this and there is no real reason is should do this. All background applications are closed like google chrome and my cpu only gets to maybe about 50% while playing and my gpu hardly reaches 20%

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://youtu.be/O3H56Svkshw
skip to about 5:20 and there should be an FPS Stutter
osu! version: Stable Latest
Kao
What os are you running?
Could you take a screenshot of your task manager in processes tab (preferably when the stutter happens)
Topic Starter
KillerPanda
My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate

I took a screenshot exactly as it froze but i also took a video because i cant take a picture at the exact moment it freezes.

the stutter happens at around 46 seconds

Lunicia
you can try going to options and enable compatibility mode to reduce stuttered frames
Topic Starter
KillerPanda
I've tried that and I still get the stutter
Dntm8kmeeatu
At the time of the spike you can see a program with the description "Graphics Card Smart Tuner" or something along those lines appear for a split moment and disappear. I suggest looking into that and disabling it.

You also seem to have many unnecessary background processes running that might also interfere with osu! I suggest going through and disabling / stopping ones that don't need to be running.
Topic Starter
KillerPanda
I would have never guess what process would of been the cause of the stuttering. Osu! works perfectly now, Thanks so much!
Pawsu
Nice, Dntm8kmeeatu! ;)
Marking as resolved.