forum

Long distance jumps hurting wrist, is this normal?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jcal
Been playing a lot of jump heavy maps recently, and after a couple of long distance jump sections (like 4-5) my wrist is starting to hurt. Not sure if this is a stamina thing and I just have to get used to it or if my hand position and grip is bad, did anyone else have this problem?
Sandy Hoey
pain is not normal . . . ever
-Makishima S-
If you are using tablet

Many high ranked players are using arm to aim jumps. Wrist is good for short spacing but in term on long / rabbit jumps where muscle memory matters a lot, using arm for this is better.

While using arm you train more muscles and your movement is more stable than only wrist.
7ambda

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Are you saying you're inhuman?
Topic Starter
Jcal

[Taiga] wrote:

Many high ranked players are using arm to aim jumps. Wrist is good for short spacing but in term on long / rabbit jumps where muscle memory matters a lot, using arm for this is better.
What kind of tablet area/position are we talking about then? I'd imagine small tablet area and using your whole arm would be pretty inefficient.. Also I tried a larger area than I'm using now a while ago and it just felt really uncomfortable and wrong. The area I'm using now is this, and aside from my wrist hurting doing lots of long jumps, it's very comfortable and good (not trying to be stubborn and ignore your advice, just saying how it is at the moment :? )
https://s11.postimg.org/j34gl0zjn/tab_area.png
Fxjlk

F1r3tar wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

Are you saying you're inhuman?
I think hes saying you shouldn't play through the pain. If you have pain you need to space out your play time, use proper form or play less. Discomfort is normal but pain should be avoided.

Proper form is tensing your muscles hard enough to reduce damage to them while also not tensing too much so you are loose enough to play quickly and comfortably.
-Makishima S-

Jcal wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

What kind of tablet area/position are we talking about then? I'd imagine small tablet area and using your whole arm would be pretty inefficient.. Also I tried a larger area than I'm using now a while ago and it just felt really uncomfortable and wrong. The area I'm using now is this, and aside from my wrist hurting doing lots of long jumps, it's very comfortable and good (not trying to be stubborn and ignore your advice, just saying how it is at the moment :? )
https://s11.postimg.org/j34gl0zjn/tab_area.png
Full area. Yours is way to small to have proper control over dynamic jumps, not mention stream followup.

I was one of this players who started on small and progressed to full area. I regret every single minute wasted on something smaller than full area.
I strongly recommend you to spend minimum week of playing with full area, using arm for long jumps, wrist for condensed patterns and when you get used to this, you will feel difference.

Physics works fine -> higher tablet area = more control over movements due ability to use arm instead of only wrist.
Yolshka

[Taiga] wrote:

Full area. Yours is way to small to have proper control over dynamic jumps, not mention stream followup.

I was one of this players who started on small and progressed to full area. I regret every single minute wasted on something smaller than full area.
I strongly recommend you to spend minimum week of playing with full area, using arm for long jumps, wrist for condensed patterns and when you get used to this, you will feel difference.

Physics works fine -> higher tablet area = more control over movements due ability to use arm instead of only wrist.
I'd say it depends on your grip.
There are grips out there that pretty much make it impossible to work on full area.I'm debating whether or not full area gives you better control, you get to use fingers too on small area. So i think you have to adjust your grip to your posture to make it comfortable, which will yield better results.
I'm using h420 and like 45% of the tablet area , I've tried full but didn't notice any major difference other than it being really awkard to play with, but I don't feel like I'm missing out on the goodness of control.
But maybe I've yet to discover the secrets of full area ;)
Topic Starter
Jcal
Hmm..~
Ok well I guess I'll try messing around with a larger area. Thanks for the advice :)
Topic Starter
Jcal
Ok, well I've been playing a larger area (not full tho) for the past two or three hours, and I can tell that it is can be more accurate, but it really doesn't feel stable using my whole arm. What I mean is more it feels really easy to go off where you think you are if you arm moves around too much on the elbow joint and stuff, idk it just feels like it isn't actually that good... :o
Welp I am destined to never have a good aim I think
Sandy Hoey
For next time.
Try not to double post, instead just edit your last post. Just common courtesy stuff
quaternary
Take a break, wrist pain is no joke. If you play through it, it will only get worse
Ohrami
Literally every top player uses a small as fuck area and uses only their wrist/fingers. No idea what that guy is talking about. As for you saying you're "destined" to have shit aim after playing for 150 hours, yeah you're probably right if you have that mindset.
Mints
Idk about full area, I find it extremely uncomfortable to use and I realise the amount of choke u can experience with small area, but if you see the area I use (posted on my profile and I'm lazy to relink), you might faint
-Makishima S-
Literally every top player uses a small as fuck area and uses only their wrist/fingers. No idea what that guy is talking about.
Good meme, good one bro.
Ronja
when i started osu my wrist would hurt everyday from playing. but now im used to it, and my wrist doesnt hurt anymore. well sometimes if im playing 6* maps
Ohrami

[Taiga] wrote:

Literally every top player uses a small as fuck area and uses only their wrist/fingers. No idea what that guy is talking about.
Good meme, good one bro.
Cookiezi's tablet area: http://www.hnng.moe/f/5sS
Rafis's tablet area: http://puu.sh/olMRg/7431e73c38.png
hvick225's tablet area: https://i.ppy.sh/cd4494deb99c6a5b2ffca5 ... 642e6a7067
Vaxei's tablet area: http://puu.sh/shHDT/4b58e436e4.jpg

etc etc, Angelsim also uses a very high mouse sensitivity. Basically, you're wrong