Izzywing
dd hlacheold
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta

yShadowXOP_ wrote:

Ohaii :3

[box=M4M ><]
Doom:

1. 00:02:626 (1,1,2) - i found it a bit uncomfortable to go from the slider (1) to the circle (1) I think it's fair as the speedup in the slider and the counter-clockwise circular motion encourages the speed and angle required to play it.
  2. 00:16:115 (1,2,1,2) - could it be sliders maybe? combines better with music than circles
    I feel Having regular sliders before the .5x sliders would influence how the player reads the pattern in a negative way, which is not my intent.
  3. 00:28:355 (2) - additions soft? It has sampleset soft which is the same thing xpp
  4. 00:37:347 (1,2) - in my opinion the flow looks better so https://puu.sh/yJQuD/d1243ea9bd.png No, because you flip the direction of the circular motion on an unexpected beat.
    I tend to bookmark where I flip directions, and flipping it here would be surprising. While it would fit because it's the 'epic finisher' for the purpose of making it play better the switch wouldn't improve it.

mindmaster107 wrote:

Sorry im dumb and lost track of u.

[Doom]
00:24:109 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - This pattern I think is not enough to show off the build up. Maybe try a linear arrangement, or scale from very small to very large instead of large to slightly larger. I feel the spacing and repetition gives off the build-up vibe as is. Increasing the spacing just for the sake of increasing spacing would tilt the star rating xp

00:29:604 (1) - This doesn't feel like enough. I dunno how to fix it, but maybe spacing it more, or using a more crazy silder shape could work rrtyui style? Not sure what you mean by tyui style xp. I think the pattern is okay though as the increase in sv gives off the rising tension alone.

00:07:372 (4,1) - You never really spaced the fast sliders, so spacing them here feels out of place. 00:02:127 (3,1) - 00:03:126 (3,1) - 00:04:125 (3,1) - 00:06:124 (3,1) - I spaced them all out what do you mean xp
00:11:119 (3,1) - You never really had really small spacing on this pattern, so it feels too different. It's slightly smaller for visuals, but it still plays similarily in the sense that it's circular.
Slight offsets in spacing typically look okay as long as they're similar to what has been established in previous repeated sections.

Im not saying use the same pattern exactly, but not using the same spacing feels way too much difference between them.

00:31:602 (1,2,3,4) - 3 should still be spaced a bit, considering the spacing for 00:30:603 (1,2,3,4) is so bloody massive. Not really, because if you listen to the consistent 1/4 you'll notice how the places where it 'shifts are different.
That's why I alternated between 1/4 jumps and streams because I wanted to add variety while keeping a consistent rhythm.

00:33:975 (4,1) - I seriously thing you should space this. Don't know why I should. It shares the same 1/4 spacing as 1-4 and has an NC to set it apart from that while stil remaining readable.

00:36:099 (1,1,2,3,1,1,2,3) - I am seriously confused why you would use a continuous accelerating stream, when you were perfectly happy with using normal spacing everywhere else. I mean, this part isn't really like any other. The contrast with the stream leading into the finish fits this part well because it's the most intense.

00:37:098 (1,2,1,2,1) - This is too difficult to read. The 1/4 sliders could have been readable if you put them in this pattern ( 00:33:601 (1,2,3,4) - ) as you have done them before, but the unique pattern and the stream overlapping everything killed my reading. With the predictable circular motion and limited color choices it should be clear how this pattern is played. I still think it's okay.

00:37:347 (1,2) - The song begins to calm down on these two notes, which confuses me on why they are higher SV. It sounds like the opposite to me. Having it increase in intensity makes sense as it serves as a finisher.
thx for mods guys
squirrelpascals
im still alive!!

placeholder
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta
2 bn placeholds

what is this
squirrelpascals

Bubblun wrote:

2 bn placeholds

what is this
I feel really bad for you so I'm here to save the day :D

Doom
00:29:104 - silencing a hitcircle / sliderhead is unrankable

• 00:10:870 (1,2,3) - 00:11:869 (1,2,3) - These 2 are a bit harder to play because of the increased spacing + how the doubles flow away from the jumps. Idk if this is intentional because some people like to make the map more difficult as it progresses. I would suggest at least using ctrl+g on the doubles

• 00:17:114 - maybe higher sv on this one to continue your concept, + exaggeration

• 00:30:853 (3,4,1) - 00:32:976 (4,1) - These ones look way overspaced, and these one 00:31:977 (4,1) - 00:33:975 (4,1) 00:35:973 (4,1) - look way underspaced because I know you really want to exaggerate that note. Can you find some sort of happy medium here or explain your concept? because i see a pattern ov overspaced, then underspaced, then over, under, etc

dGero

00:21:861 (2,1) - 00:25:858 (2,1) - These seem like strong notes, they feel underspaced when you look at the jumps before the timestamps + the incresing strength of the drums here

00:29:105 (1) - End this buzz slider on the blue tick before this to avoid unnecessary slider breaks

• 00:32:602 (1,2,1) - Flow here is kind of strange because its a linear jump after a bunch of angular jumps

• 00:34:975 (8,1) - This is the only time in the map you use a stream jump like this. Consistency error?

why tickrate 2 here? better off 1 imo, nothing technical about this map that calls for more intricate slider-following skills

collab light insane?

• 00:05:874 (6,7,1) - im sorry for my overly-pickiness, but move this down a little so the stack is an even distance from 00:05:374 (4,5) -

• 00:09:870 (1,2,1) - 2 nc's here is a bit unnecessary, remove one of them

• 00:12:119 (1,2,3,4) - pretty large spacing all the sudden for this difficulty

• 00:18:114 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I can imagine this stream section being difficult for a player of this level, i highly suggest using a repeat slider somewhere here, or some sort of break. Also this note 00:24:109 (1) - is pretty difficult to read for someone that level too

irre
• 00:21:611 (1,1) - looks like a difficult combination of flow and spacing for a hard diff, same with 00:25:608 (1,1) - for spacing

nromal
• 00:29:104 - dropping the hitvolume to 3 here might be confusing for a normal. i only say this because ive seen beginners "mess up" from it xp

• ]00:29:104 - silencing a hitcircle / sliderhead is unrankableThis is the only time you use this 2 circle rhythm and it's the least dense pattern too. Can you change this into something like 00:33:102 (1,2) -

call me back :o
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta

squirrelpascals wrote:

Bubblun wrote:

2 bn placeholds

what is this
I feel really bad for you so I'm here to save the day :D

Doom
00:29:104 - silencing a hitcircle / sliderhead is unrankable fixed

• 00:10:870 (1,2,3) - 00:11:869 (1,2,3) - These 2 are a bit harder to play because of the increased spacing + how the doubles flow away from the jumps. Idk if this is intentional because some people like to make the map more difficult as it progresses. I would suggest at least using ctrl+g on the doubles That's actually something I didn't consider while mapping these. I simply saw the center point the circles created and that's what I built the patterns around, this helps with playability.
Applied for the first point, but kept the second point because having it reversed here actually makes it more circular and flowwy to play.

• 00:17:114 - maybe higher sv on this one to continue your concept, + exaggeration I don't think the concept fits here as that fast slider would fuck up the feel as the intensity dies down.

• 00:30:853 (3,4,1) - 00:32:976 (4,1) - These ones look way overspaced, and these one 00:31:977 (4,1) - 00:33:975 (4,1) 00:35:973 (4,1) - look way underspaced because I know you really want to exaggerate that note. Can you find some sort of happy medium here or explain your concept? because i see a pattern ov overspaced, then underspaced, then over, under, etc You are correct, and there is a pattern. I wanted to make each stream unique to play while still remaining consistent and accurate to the music.
For example, try listening to 00:30:603 (1,2,3,4) - and comparing to 00:31:602 (1,2,3,4) - they both have that shift on the 3rd note, but the difference is the high pitched noise dies down with each note, unlike the first point where the noise peaks at the 1 and 3 and lowers at 2 and 4.

dGero
00:29:104 - silencing a hitcircle / sliderhead is unrankable I'm just gonna fix this one for gero xp

00:21:861 (2,1) - 00:25:858 (2,1) - These seem like strong notes, they feel underspaced when you look at the jumps before the timestamps + the incresing strength of the drums here

00:29:105 (1) - End this buzz slider on the blue tick before this to avoid unnecessary slider breaks

• 00:32:602 (1,2,1) - Flow here is kind of strange because its a linear jump after a bunch of angular jumps

• 00:34:975 (8,1) - This is the only time in the map you use a stream jump like this. Consistency error?

why tickrate 2 here? better off 1 imo, nothing technical about this map that calls for more intricate slider-following skills

collab light insane?

• 00:05:874 (6,7,1) - im sorry for my overly-pickiness, but move this down a little so the stack is an even distance from 00:05:374 (4,5) -

• 00:09:870 (1,2,1) - 2 nc's here is a bit unnecessary, remove one of them

• 00:12:119 (1,2,3,4) - pretty large spacing all the sudden for this difficulty

• 00:18:114 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I can imagine this stream section being difficult for a player of this level, i highly suggest using a repeat slider somewhere here, or some sort of break. Also this note 00:24:109 (1) - is pretty difficult to read for someone that level too

irre
• 00:21:611 (1,1) - looks like a difficult combination of flow and spacing for a hard diff, same with 00:25:608 (1,1) - for spacing

nromal
• 00:29:104 - dropping the hitvolume to 3 here might be confusing for a normal. i only say this because ive seen beginners "mess up" from it xp Bumped up volume a bit.

• ]00:29:104 - silencing a hitcircle / sliderhead is unrankableThis is the only time you use this 2 circle rhythm and it's the least dense pattern too. Can you change this into something like 00:33:102 (1,2) - Fixed

call me back :o
Thanks a lot squirrel-boy
Irreversible

timemon wrote:

[Irre's Hard]
00:02:877 (5,6) - both slider ends should be clickable i believe that this kind of rhthm is more appropriate for a hard diff. feels fitting to the song too :p
00:10:870 (5,6) - ^ same

00:27:606 (2,3,4,5,6) - this shape might confuse newbie players as the diff is only 2.7* but that pattern is quite complex opened it a bit more
00:34:600 (1,2,1,2) - both get the same spacing emphasis when 00:35:101 (1) - is quite the stronger sound i do see your concern, but the thing really is im not thinking in one part here, i'm taking the whole section into consideration, and this is why my pattern makes more sense to have it consistently like this.
thanks! :3

Fursum: fixed

Pika: 1) Not fixed, seems too dense for a hard diff. 2) Fixed. 3) Adjusted slightly already.

HW 0.0 fixed!

Mao: i kept the triplet, thanks for the praise tho

squirrel: fixed

Thanks to everyone!

http://puu.sh/yRynO/62365bdc90.txt
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta
updated
squirrelpascals
waiting on Gero then
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta
xpp sorry should've let you know

Applying Gero's mods.

I backed up Gero's diff if we ever have to revert the changes.

V Look in here if you've modded Gero's diff before V
SPOILER
Kisses: I shortened it to the 1/8 tick, but anywhere shorter I feel would end too abruptly.

It looks nice xpp. I shortened the HP to compensate

timemon: I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Relative to what exactly makes the circle look 'off'?

^

For the mapping style chosen, no focus is put on that first beat, so this pattern still works.

It's 1/4 weirdo xp. The clumped style fits for stream-based concepts.

^

Removed

Fursum: I feel the spacing still fits. It's slightly larger to compliment the stronger beats. Consdiering the fact this is the diff before the final diff which features 1/4 jumps, this pattern fits relative to the spread.

Not exactly. No important sounds are being skipped, so there's no issue consistency wise. Having a completely different pattern would be more surprising to play.

[[Pika]]: fixed

I'm not sure what you mean here. If it's about the rhythm it's simplified, but it still works. To keep the spread even you can't throw streams in every spot there's 1/4.

1/4 jumps fit for this particular insane because that's what the spread is built around. It better builds up to the final diff, which is also built around 1/4 jumps.

You can't just increase sv in every spot you can, especially in an Insane who's purpose is to fill in a spread. It's limited to what can be done xp

^

^

There is 1/8, it's just very subtle. Gero's 'imagination' has nothing to do with your hearing.

It's because the 1/4 covers multiple layers. Using NCs, Gero's contrasted these differences so as to bring out all the layers when they're most prominent. Here there's a layer that's rising, so the nc pattern and increased spacing fits.

Sotarks: Contrasts the slightly-rising layer from the basic 1/4 rhythm. Justifies the spacing.

Hollow Wings: Fixed in one of the other mods xpp

I feel the Nc spam actually better fits the intensity of the hits. It contrasts these from the basic stream.

Fixed

Mao: Decided to keep it at 9, as I feel with the simplified rhythm and the increased density in the 2nd half of the song is 'cushioned' by the higher ar.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for here. The last 2 points mentioned seem to be different parts of the song (As in, different snappings) the second points uses smaller spacing because it's 1/8, and larger for 1/4 in the first point, so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Since everyone is pointing this out, check out the very bottom of the mod for a general response.

Not exactly, I feel it contrasts the 'rising intensity 1/4' over the basic 1/4 rhythm.

Fixed in HW's mod.

_Meep_: They're different sounding 1/4, so I don't think using the same concept would be any better.

but it fits xpp

Alphabet: I went over this in a few other mods, so I think the goal Gero was aiming for was to simplify the diff to better fit the spread. Increasing the difficulty where the pitch changes would've probably made the diff too hard for the spread.

already fixed in a previous mod.

I'm not sure the visual effect would work in reverse like that. They're close enough to not play like they're increasing, so I feel it's okay.

Fixed

yShadowXOP_: Already fixed in previous mod

mindmaster107: fixed in previous mod

I think Gero was going for a more simplified approach to better fit the spread, so for now I'm keeping this.

Fixed this in previous mod as well

squirrelpascals: I feel Gero kept the spacing low to better transition from the diff spike. Because of that I feel this spacing works.

I ended it on the 1/8 only because anything below that I felt ended too abruptly.

I feel it still fits the idea because the linear jump is only on 00:32:852 (2) - and it serves as an antijump to better contrast the new measure.

Fixed in earlier mod.

Good point xpp. Fixed.

V Also Collab Diff response V
SPOILER
Fursum: Fixed

[[Pika]]: For teh way Gero placed the Anchors, it's still straight-forward. In other words; it's okay.

I think it's okay. I can't think of any simpler way to map it without making it more confusing. Because of slider leniency it plays like 1/2 rhythm so it'd be hard to mess up.

It's intuitive to play streams in 5s as established by the fact that the emphasis is always on the 5th note when it comes to the streams in this diff, so even if it's not clear, it's still implied it's there because of repetition.

Sotarks: I removed the NC at 00:10:120 - we need the NC on the note you pointed out because the red is used to represent diff spikes, which that note is not.

I feel the overlap isn't that unfair because it's a strong beat, so it's not unorganized that it's not as clear to see.

Changed up slightly where it's consistent, but kep the NC on the circular stream as that's where contrast belongs.

Mao: I noticed this too, but I think it's so the stream can actually fit on screen xp

Done

_Meep_: Keeping as is because the NC fits on the stronger beat. Like you said, it still works.

No I still feel it's okay. It compliments the different measures while complimenting the extra emphasis on the first note.

done

I think it's okay xpp. It doesn't sound that loud to me

It's a different pattern, so the NC pattern doesn't have to be exactly the same. For the case of the slightly increasing SV the NCs are necessary.

Alphabet: xp

squirrelpascals: fixed

fixed in earlier mod

I feel the visual distance and the intensity justifies the spacing. Because of the angle and the structure it doesn't play as hard as the red notes.

For 120bpm I feel the maximum length of the stream can be debated to be larger, so I feel it's okay here because of that. Also fixed weird stream in Mao's mod.
squirrelpascals
i agree with that concept for the spacing on the doubles in the top diff.

we also got all the new required files for the skin. lets give it a try :)
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta
Izzywing
doom -
00:37:098 (1,2,1,2) - not really a fan of this, it's a finisher yeah, but it's also a sliderstream essentially, and with that slider velocity it is quite difficult to land without dropping slidertails. lower the SV a bit imo

rest seems fine, worth giving it a shot
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta
applied
Izzywing
p/5726768 metadata
Gero
Congratulations, and thanks for the fixes on my collab's part/difficulty. But as I told you in game, ask a GMT or a QAT to remove that "CanadianBaka" from tags. In any case it must be "Canadian_Baka" cause that's his current username.
Izzywing
i had a full brain fart when checking tags because I remember canadianbaka being in the set a few months ago so I didn't think of it when I saw it in the tags. Sorry about that...

Bubblun ask a QAT if you can fix it with their DQ. Even if canadianbaka is in the descrition he needs to be in the actual ranked set to make it to the tags
Gero
It's not necessary to Disqualify the set as far as I know, because they can just delete that tag via online as they did it in this case. But up to them to be honest. I mean it would still appear in game, but not longer online.
Topic Starter
Hollow Delta
I'll ask around tomorrow, but atm I'm calling it a night. Thanks for letting me know
Ashton

Hobbes2 wrote:

i had a full brain fart when checking tags because I remember canadianbaka being in the set a few months ago so I didn't think of it when I saw it in the tags. Sorry about that...

Bubblun ask a QAT if you can fix it with their DQ. Even if canadianbaka is in the descrition he needs to be in the actual ranked set to make it to the tags
This clearly shows how powerful I am. I dodged being removed from tags. Hahahahhahaha!
Ascendance
removed canadianbaka from online tags