forum

Popping Madness Queue

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shiirn

winber1 wrote:

blissfulyoshi wrote:

(if you find something unrankable, you don't need to wait for the mapper to pop it
as i said before. a jump like "that" in a normal difficulty i don't think is rankable.
I have a few other things, like how the kiai times are different in some difficulties, but I'm not sure if those are unrankable. If apparently what I said in that post are all apparently rankable things, then ignore that post. However, I'm pretty sure something like that isn't. or i'm stupid
They're all rankable (The jump isn't that big when you take into account the slider circle) and can be explained away situationally. Taiko having different kiai sections never has, and never will be, a problem. But yeah.
Niva
Hi~
My map: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/23644
I found something unrankable at: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/29813
Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------

EDIT : This stuck on my mind for the past few hours... I feel really, really guilty if I had to pop a well-made bubbled map just for a mod from a BAT (which is not a guarantee to get my map bubbled)... I still wanted and needed a check for my map though, but feel free also to skip this request. I don't want to spoil others' hard work and hurt someone's feeling just to get attention next time (:

Really, I feel so cruel and stupid now ><
al2e10
Moded map (For SB and little mapset) : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47422&p=846068#p846068
(Changed)

Mod request: (Bubbled for 2 month) : viewtopic.php?t=38583
Shiirn

KingsAL2 wrote:

Moded map (For SB and little mapset) : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47422&p=846068#p846068
(Changed)

The map wasn't bubbled in the first place.
al2e10

Shiirn wrote:

KingsAL2 wrote:

(Changed)

The map wasn't bubbled in the first place.
Bubbled by NoHItter
If not, how can I wright bubbled mod ?
Mastodonio
It's already 2-nd time when someone tries to pop my bubble for nothing and it is getting really annoying,because I am tired to see quick moddings just to find something small and post it here. With this topic you only cause problems between all users in this game, and if you don't believe,then look at Nivalis' post above ^
You're BAT's and instead of checking bubbled maps you just want to get a simple way how to avoid these checks by creating this topic - all people are equal,but some people like me maybe just don't want to spoil other's bubbled maps for nothing,so they don't post them here. - BAT's have to check this bubbled maps more careful and find some unrankable errors,but NOT simple users for some profit.
blissfulyoshi,I can't say anything against you,I often see how you help other people in 'Help and Support' , but now you're a BAT,you have to rank maps! How many maps did you rank since you become a BAT? 2? And why are you surprised that there are lots of 'bad' bubbles and BAT's just don't have time to check maps? Because there are 25 BAT's in this game,and only about 8 people are active sometimes. How can you improve this system if you don't even check bubbled maps and you don't rank them? I can help other people too,but I can't rank maps,so if you want everything to be okay,then you should rank maps more often without this topic.
and what about James2250...he likes to ignore simple users like me without saying any words. even if he promises to check something - he doesn't do it. Maybe it happens only with me - maybe he just doesn't like me,idk. But that's NOT RIGHT to ignore people only if you just want it. Or maybe BAT = King?
I didn't want to hurt someone's feelings,I just wanted to say this a long time ago,and now I said it. So,if I offended someone,then I am sorry.
Weez

Giorgos wrote:

How many maps did you rank since you become a BAT? 2?
My map being the first \o/

Anyways; people should know that just because your map is bubbled doesn't mean it's 100% perfect and only BATs/MATs should mod em from that point on. There are 77 bubbled maps waiting for rank/approval, all 77 can't be ranked in a day that's just messed (and if I'm correct can't be done :U) and all 77 can't be 100% perfect. People don't know that they can still mod bubbled maps and maybe at times find something wrong (Yes you will get those few mods where is like "1 grid up" "I don't like that pattern" etc. but those can be ignored). That's what I think this queue is for! A wake up call to people saying "Hey you can still find something wrong on bubbled maps! You might even get kudosu out of it!" Plus even if BATs/MATs are more active, the bubble list will just grow even bigger! I've seen it go from 1.5 pages to now 3 since I started mapping and as players grow more experienced that list is just gonna grow!

Thats my 2 cents :/
galvenize

Weezy wrote:

Anyways; people should know that just because your map is bubbled doesn't mean it's 100% perfect and only BATs/MATs should mod em from that point on.
SPOILER
What needs to be 100% perfect?
Afaik, as long as no unrankable things can be found in bubbled maps, they should just get ranked, no matter how sucky the map is when playing.
Ofc, it's been proven in this thread that recent bubbled maps do have issues worth popping but at the same time but their numbers are few.

Now I'd like to ask, it's only been two weeks, but did you guys notice a decrease in bubbled maps? Mmh, I still see 3 pages full of them.
How about changing the rules a little bit? Instead of making the modders look for errors in bubbled maps, make them look for maps that have no errors in them . It'd benefit everyone and there won't be any flame anywhere.

Spoilerbox'd it, this still remains a queue.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
As much as I wish that I could make a queue like that, galvenize, think about how this problem started. A few modders believe a map is basically perfect, so then a MAT/BAT mods the map and also believes the map is now perfect. Then the next MAT/BAT comes along and either a, ranks the map, or b, pops the bubble, mod, and rebubbles saying the map is now perfect. Sadly, b appears quite often and just leaves the map to sit there for ages. (In case anyone was wondering why people tend to mod known mappers' maps is because they tend to have fewer mistakes and are easily rankable)

As a result, people giving me what they believe is a perfect map would probably result in nothing accomplished. I mean we already have bubbles, where at least one person believes that the map is clear of easily fixable flaws.
James2250

Giorgos wrote:

and what about James2250...he likes to ignore simple users like me without saying any words. even if he promises to check something - he doesn't do it. Maybe it happens only with me - maybe he just doesn't like me,idk. But that's NOT RIGHT to ignore people only if you just want it. Or maybe BAT = King?
I didn't want to hurt someone's feelings,I just wanted to say this a long time ago,and now I said it. So,if I offended someone,then I am sorry.
Figured I might as well reply to this part

Imagine logging on to osu! and having 6 people PM you straight away, everyday. Sooner or later I am just going to stop replying. (Especially if it is the same people everyday) I could quickly click through them and say no to all of them but they will just message me again in an hour (as I have learnt from experience) so what's the point?

I do not promise to check any map, I say if I have time which I rarely do to begin with (Which is why I would like to see other people trying to help as well). If you try being a BAT for a day you will see it is not quite as simple as you make it sound.

You are welcome to dislike me for not being able to get to every map that people request, but I would pay more attention to the amount of maps I do mod, not the ones I don't.

/offtopic
Aleks719
Popped : http://osu.ppy.sh/s/28923
Map for mod: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/22201

*but i hope you'll return bubble to -saku-*
thank you
winber1
Popped (for realz this time lol): viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50434&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60
Map Request: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24918

Thanks!

Aleks719 wrote:

*but i hope you'll return bubble to zsr123*
Weez
Hope this counts :T
Modded: viewtopic.php?p=849797#p849797

Can you check this: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/27523
Aleks719
Popped : viewtopic.php?p=851204#p851204
Map for mod : http://osu.ppy.sh/s/24440

*but i hope you'll return bubble to HeatKai*
thank you :P
MathiasXII

James2250 wrote:

Figured I might as well reply to this part

Imagine logging on to osu! and having 6 people PM you straight away, everyday. Sooner or later I am just going to stop replying. (Especially if it is the same people everyday) I could quickly click through them and say no to all of them but they will just message me again in an hour (as I have learnt from experience) so what's the point?

I do not promise to check any map, I say if I have time which I rarely do to begin with (Which is why I would like to see other people trying to help as well). If you try being a BAT for a day you will see it is not quite as simple as you make it sound.

You are welcome to dislike me for not being able to get to every map that people request, but I would pay more attention to the amount of maps I do mod, not the ones I don't.

/offtopic
Well why don't you make a system that makes it easier for you to deal with bubble maps ? Like modding each map by priority from the oldest bubble to the newest bubble. That way, it would get the "PM you to check a bubbled map" out of the way. The reason they PM is because there's nothing that tells them their map will be checked after being bubbled. The picture of a bubble I have in my mind is "Yes, this map is good. We will take care of it from now on", not "okay, go ask a BAT now when he's online, not busy, in a good mood, knows you, and likes you to see if he/she agrees and can rank your map". The previous sentence is why you get PMed so much. You can't blame mappers to be persistant on BATS. That's what the ranking system wants us to do! For a new mapper like me, the message I get is "okay well I wasn't part of the community earlier so getting a map ranked will be a pain in the ass because I don't know any BATS much. I will surely look like a persistant mofo, but I want my map ranked because I believe it's perfectly playable and good".

There could also have basic guidelines for making a map rankable in a protocol way that there wouldn't be popping issues as bubbling means that map is perfect for ranking (as in number of stars required, basic ranking issues, and overmap issues)... and I say number of stars but I know the star system is biased as well. We all know beatmaps don't need to be perfect... just to be good and rankable. I know Osu! tries to keep the quality of beatmaps at it's best, but I believe that it's only by having a greater number of beatmaps that you will maybe have sucky'ish map ranked yes (but I mean hey, they get through some kind of filter after all), but you'll also have really good ones you could never reach otherwise.

I know you BATS/MATS really don't have it easy with all your requests. But the actual ranking system looks a lot scattered and disorganized, which is what mostly makes it harder for YOU bubblers/rankers, but in the end makes it tedious for everyone.

Since so many bubbles is at cause now, I think it would be a good start to try something new.

BTW this post is only the expression of my opinion. I don't believe I'm better than anyone else. I'm just trying to help the cause.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Locking the queue, so that we can catch up. Sorry we are so far behind, and thanks to everyone for participating so far. I hope we can open up again soon.
James2250
It took slightly longer than expected to catch up but aside from 1 or 2 maps we are close enough to being done right now to unlock this

Let us know if you made a valid post here and we skipped over it by accident (and are not included on the list still to do)
Otherwise continue as always~
pieguyn
I found out the title in a bubbled map was wrong. Does this count as unrankable in this case?
Ayeen_old
If it song title/artist. YES
pieguyn
I'm still not sure whether it counts for this queue or not, but in any case, http://osu.ppy.sh/s/28811 (map I modded, post)

If having the title wrong doesn't count as "unrankable" per se, just ignore this post.
Disoy
ziin
Does it count if the bubble was going to be popped anyway?: Ishida Yoko - Shiawase no Iro (TV Size)

Mod: M2U - BlythE (Osuka)
Ayeen_old
viewtopic.php?p=879995#p879995

I'm not expecting any of you two to mod my any of my map below in signature. But i rather see the map I posted above got it bubble back as that was I'm promised him.
Clare
pop by james2250
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17392
plz check this
thank you :D
ziin

Clare wrote:

pop by james2250
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/17392
plz check this
thank you :D

blissfulyoshi wrote:

[1.] To post, you must pop 1 bubble of any map that is not your own. You can do this by either modding a mapper's map and having the mapper pop his bubble by doing the mod, or finding something unrankable in a bubbled map (if you find something unrankable, you don't need to wait for the mapper to pop it)
You have to pop a map to post in this queue, not get your own map popped...
Aleks719
Ayeen_old
Popped by the mapper itself or not. But I got solid points there as easiest difficulty is 3.4 star (Unless the 3 star rules changed recently). viewtopic.php?f=6&p=895167#p895167

Map to be modded :
DJ Genericname Dear You

Thanks for taking your time...

P.s: I'm wondering if this queue still alive or not~
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
Just going to say that the queue is still alive. Me and James have not been on much lately, so the queue will be a bit slow, but don't worry, all request that meet the requirements will be done in due time (assuming they aren't ranked beforehand)
Suimya
well this map is bubbled :3
viewtopic.php?t=51771
Weez

-Sekai- wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=51771
You gotta pop a bubble to make a request :U
Suimya

Weezy wrote:

-Sekai- wrote:

viewtopic.php?t=51771
You gotta pop a bubble to make a request :U
oops sorry for that then :?
Katsuri
Aleks719
Popped (atm rebubbled) :
viewtopic.php?p=915186#p915186

Map for mod :
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/32405

Thanks~
Slowmotion_old
Raging Bull

Slowmotion wrote:

Popped: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43908&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

You dont post your map that got popped. You post someone else map that YOU popped (modded) to get a mod.

An extremely lame bubble pop. James said it's fine. :3

My map
Suimya
this map is bubbled can you check it: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/25356 >w<~ thanx <3
Mismagius

-Sekai- wrote:

did you even read the rules?...
akrolsmir

Blue Dragon wrote:

-Sekai- wrote:

did you even read the rules?...
You'd think he'd wait at least 10 posts or so before requesting without reading the rules, again.
HakuNoKaemi
This Map need to be popped( 2 Rules are not respected ) the mapper doesn't want to pop it even with 2 unrankable thing.

Want to have this map Modded:
Kawada Mami - See Visions (Tv Size)
winber1
show more