forum

[Archived] osu!mania colors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pykolas
Problem Details:
When you play 4k mania, let's call L3 color is green and L4 color is blue. But when we go to 7K mania, L3 color becomes blue and L4 becomes green. Is there a way to swap them?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/_bb14d27 ... 54-png.jpg

osu! version: 20161101.2 (latest)
o x
unfortunately I don't think it is possible, the same thing happens with 8k
Bara-
Have different skins I'd say
Make a skin especially for 4K, and do the same for the other modes.
You can easily switch them afterwards
Kao
Yeah, unfortunately unless you try to request this or it gets added that's what you'll do every time.
You can use ctrl+o to open settings quickly without ever leaving (works in song selection)
Bara-

Kao wrote:

Yeah, unfortunately unless you try to request this or it gets added that's what you'll do every time.
You can use ctrl+o to open settings without ever leaving (works in song selection)
Typing "Skins" will also make the skin selection appear right on top of the options, so you don't need to scroll
Deimos
You guys never skinned? Did you?

took few seconds and only 1 skin, looks like crap but with some modifications and time it will look much better, just play around a bit with the values

it's in RGBA, R = Red, G = Green, B = Blue, A = Alpha/Transparency, each value can be from 0 to 255

this code belongs to the skin.ini of the skin what can be found it the skin folder

[Mania]
Keys: 4
Colour1: 0,0,0,240
Colour2: 0,0,0,240
Colour3: 0,0,255,240
Colour4: 0,255,0,240

[Mania]
Keys: 7
Colour1: 0,0,0,240
Colour2: 0,0,0,240
Colour3: 0,255,0,240
Colour4: 0,0,255,240
Colour5: 0,0,0,240
Colour6: 0,0,0,240
Colour7: 0,0,0,240
Kao
That's why I think this should've been brought to the Skinning section, people who skin (I'd say like you) would be able to answer, rather than here.
Adorn
I would say rather than creating an entire thread about the problem, yes it could have been posted there, but I'm not sure if they knew whether this COULD be fixed by skinning or if it was a more technical problem. Regardless, it was solved by some helpful members. :-]
Pawsu
The Skinning subforum isn't SPECIFICALLY for skinning help, nor does it mention it in the Skinning Guidelines. It does mention Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support), but the thread is a little outdated (and still has a lot to be added, but it looks like no one has so far). So Help is actually ok for skinning help.

So yeah, skinning help is fine here and the Skinning subforum. (preferably here though)