forum

Pegboard Nerds - Self Destruct

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RainbowChaos
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, 21 February 2017 at 9:00:41 PM

Artist: Pegboard Nerds
Title: Self Destruct
Tags: Dubstep Monstercat
BPM: -600
Filesize: 6984kb
Play Time: 03:11
Difficulties Available:
  1. A bit more insane (4.62 stars, 579 notes)
  2. Easy (1.65 stars, 219 notes)
  3. Hard (2.84 stars, 351 notes)
  4. Insane (4.46 stars, 584 notes)
  5. Normal (2.11 stars, 252 notes)
Download: Pegboard Nerds - Self Destruct
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Hi, This is my first attempt at making a beatmap so do not expect anything amazing from it. Thanks for checking it out :3 Any feedback would be very much appreciated.
A bit more insane doesn't have hitsounds just yet until I am more satisfied with the object placements.
xpcppo
hi here is my suggest
[insane]
00:27:231 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - here is hard to combo , maybe add 4 more circles
00:30:124 (8,9) - this way is good
00:36:981 (8,9) - maybe in a straight line is good
00:43:946 (3,4,5) - here is the same above
00:52:516 (8,1,2) - here is easy to fail
00:54:767 (3) - change this slide to 2 circles is good
01:56:267 (1,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - here must be changed
and u can add Kiai between01:23:053 (1) - 01:46:731 (1) -

[hard]
[normal]
[easy]
Topic Starter
RainbowChaos

xpcppo wrote:

hi here is my suggest
[insane]
00:27:231 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - here is hard to combo , maybe add 4 more circles I changed (1,2,3) into a reverse slider instead which should make it easier instead of adding 4 circles since there are no sounds for those circles
00:30:124 (8,9) - this way is good
00:36:981 (8,9) - maybe in a straight line is good I'm not too sure about a straight line. I think the curved slider fits better there
00:43:946 (3,4,5) - here is the same above fixed
00:52:516 (8,1,2) - here is easy to fail The spacing is now closer so it shouldn't be as hard
00:54:767 (3) - change this slide to 2 circles is good I think a slider fits the sound better than 2 circles
01:56:267 (1,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - here must be changed Changed it so now it is similar to the start
and u can add Kiai between01:23:053 (1) - 01:46:731 (1) - That part isn't really a big drop so I disagree with kiai there
Thank you for the mod.
Antalf
Heyooo! Mod from the queue hope it helps!!

Okay lets get started by saying nice job since its you're new at mapping! So lets talk about the easy a bit. See when you're making your diff you should be very careful of what your settings in the song set up are, this are common mistakes and can happen fairly to any body but let me get to the point here.

ONE IMPORTANT THING FOR ALL THE DIFFS...00:55:196 - Add a Kiai here since that part its just to sole without it, end it here 01:22:624 - .

Easy
Easy Self Destructive Candy

Tips: Try using a distance spacing of 1x instead of 0.9x and also use a beat snap divisor of 1/2 when creating an easy. This isn't necessary in some of the cases but its good to know. Also very important.. Try following just one instrument, of course you can transition but it would be better for an easy.

Before the actual mod lets jump to the song set up really quick. You have an OD of 1 while the HP drain is of 2, you should change the OD to 2 since this will match the HP drain. In almost EVERY song this is how you should do it except in some special cases that i wont mention here.

00:32:696 (3) - Here i know what sound you tried to represent with that slider but this is kinda off, you should make it longer so it ends in the main synth lead you can hear. Itll definitely feel and sound way better.

00:36:874 (5) - This slider is off beat, i dont really know what sound you tried to represent here but, change this slider since with all the sounds in another beat this one just feels kinda random.

Quick Reminder: This is an easy, try not to add combos past 4-5

01:01:838 (6,1) - Instead of this two stacked notes try using a small slider, not much but it will be fairly appreciated by the easy player and aslo will be more comfortable.

01:08:481 (6,7,1) - Unstack this and make it into a nice row, will be definitely better to play and will go smooth as hell.

01:17:481 (2,3) - Small slider here too.

01:37:838 (4) - I really recommend you take this slider here, cut it to here 01:38:481 - and add a small slider here 01:38:910 - to here 01:39:338 - .

01:45:553 (4) - Move this slider here 01:45:767 - make it shorter and don't let it clash with the spinner, also make it follow the drums.

From 02:17:481 (1) - to 02:37:196 (3) - Try re mapping this entire section.. It is too hard for a easy diff and doesn't look comfortable at all. The problem here is how you placed the note and how frequently you did, try using less and follow a specific pattern. For example the percussion or the synth would be great instead of both.

02:46:410 (5,6) - Same here, try following the drums instead of jumping into the lead, vary using sliders too.

The other parts where fairly deeeecent since at least the beat snapping was okay to the start and end of the synth but try re arranging the Kiai entirely, meaning placement and slider points, just to make it more comfortable.

Sit down, look at this diff thoroughly 2-3 times and see it carefully, there are things you may want to add, delete, change, move ect... but look at it more than once.

Fiix this ASAP!

Normal
Normal Self Destructive Candy(?)

Ill do this diff fairly quick since there are various things you might want to change and consider to make it better.

00:28:946 (2,3,1) - Sounds off beat.

00:32:696 (4) - Off beat.

00:45:767 (2,3) - Try adding a slider there instead of that small slider and that single circle, will feel and sound way better than it does how you have it there.

00:46:410 (4) - Try snapping the end of that slider, off beat.

00:55:196 - to 01:22:624 - Ill make this a bit easy for you, set the Effect to 100% and music to 35%. Hear that part and you'll notice that you may want to re map it...

01:39:874 (1,2) - Both of those sounds in the start seem a bit too odd.

02:05:481 - to 02:07:196 - Why did you in the other part mapped the saw bass but here you didn't? Seems very empty, try adding some notes.

I recommend you listen and look through the map very carefully and slowly since you'll notice some things that could be changed, deleted, added ect.. just a lil tip to make you improve(Do it 2-3 times) c:

Fix this ASAP!

Hard
Hard to Chew Self Destructive Candy

USE 1/4 INSTEAD OF 1/8

You can use 1/8 in rare occasions in maps.. but yours is not one, use 1/4.

00:28:678 (4) - This cirlce move it here 00:28:731 -

Okay man let me stop here.. This may be a bit hard for you but i recommend you re map the entire Hard diff... You used a wrong snap divisor, added some insane stuff that should be on a hard and also it became extremely uncomfortable to play.

The problem radiates on the matter you used a very high beat snap divisor that you do not see in any Hard difficulty out there, i know you're new at mapping and i'm not saying you're bad at it but all that i'm witting right now its just intended for you to improve and become a better mapper and a player in all of the senses.

Why was it uncomfortable to play? Its basically the snap divisor you used and how all the notes placement where just odd, the fact that i need to be insanely fast to tap a double doesn't make this diff better, plus a great deal of sliders are off beat as sane as the circles. Game play wise this wasn't the best thing to play and it really would be better if you just re mapped it.

EXS: 00:33:660 (3,1,2) - This here since again, you're using 1/8 the timing to hit the notes can cause a big confusion even if its just a small jump, just doesn't feel like it should be there, in other words that should be completely changed or deleted.

00:36:767 (1,2,3) - This jump transition is completely off beat and very difficult to hit since again.. the snapping its not correct and can get confused easily.

01:04:624 (4,5) - The shape of the first slider compared to the other its not very comfortable to play, again SNAPPING is the key word here, remember that in hard 1/4 is your friend.

Okay so i really hope you take this in consideration because this is completely unrankeable and keep your hopes up man. I myself had to re do many many times just one difficulty to know here i was heading with a map when i started and trust me, it really worked! I just want you get better and hopefolly one day hit your map to ranked :)!

Same for the insane here, take the same tips i gave you for the hard and re map it ill drop you off some setting just to help you a bit when you do so.

Settings
HARD

Use a distance snapping of 1/4.
Be sure to follow the rhythmic pattern thoroughly just so the same issue wont happen again.
If yo are going to transition to from one instrument to another be sure to make it clear.
Make the patterns decent and comfortable for the player.
And most importantly, always make it fun!

INSANE

Use a distance snapping of 1/4
Here you can transition to other sounds but making it clear.
Try not to over map it.
Look for unnecessary streams
Add some jumps and things you see normally on a Isane diff.
And as always, make it fun!

AR: 8.3 HP: 6.4
Topic Starter
RainbowChaos

Antalf wrote:

Okay lets get started by saying nice job since its you're new at mapping! So lets talk about the easy a bit. See when you're making your diff you should be very careful of what your settings in the song set up are, this are common mistakes and can happen fairly to any body but let me get to the point here.

ONE IMPORTANT THING FOR ALL THE DIFFS...00:55:196 - Add a Kiai here since that part its just to sole without it, end it here 01:22:624 - .

Easy

Tips: Try using a distance spacing of 1x instead of 0.9x and also use a beat snap divisor of 1/2 when creating an easy. This isn't necessary in some of the cases but its good to know. Also very important.. Try following just one instrument, of course you can transition but it would be better for an easy.

Before the actual mod lets jump to the song set up really quick. You have an OD of 1 while the HP drain is of 2, you should change the OD to 2 since this will match the HP drain. In almost EVERY song this is how you should do it except in some special cases that i wont mention here.

00:32:696 (3) - Here i know what sound you tried to represent with that slider but this is kinda off, you should make it longer so it ends in the main synth lead you can hear. Itll definitely feel and sound way better. Fixed

00:36:874 (5) - This slider is off beat, i dont really know what sound you tried to represent here but, change this slider since with all the sounds in another beat this one just feels kinda random. I messed up and placed at at the wrong place

01:01:838 (6,1) - Instead of this two stacked notes try using a small slider, not much but it will be fairly appreciated by the easy player and aslo will be more comfortable.

01:08:481 (6,7,1) - Unstack this and make it into a nice row, will be definitely better to play and will go smooth as hell.

01:37:838 (4) - I really recommend you take this slider here, cut it to here 01:38:481 - and add a small slider here 01:38:910 - to here 01:39:338 - .

01:45:553 (4) - Move this slider here 01:45:767 - make it shorter and don't let it clash with the spinner, also make it follow the drums.

From 02:17:481 (1) - to 02:37:196 (3) - Try re mapping this entire section.. It is too hard for a easy diff and doesn't look comfortable at all. The problem here is how you placed the note and how frequently you did, try using less and follow a specific pattern. For example the percussion or the synth would be great instead of both.

02:46:410 (5,6) - Same here, try following the drums instead of jumping into the lead, vary using sliders too.

The other parts where fairly deeeecent since at least the beat snapping was okay to the start and end of the synth but try re arranging the Kiai entirely, meaning placement and slider points, just to make it more comfortable.

Sit down, look at this diff thoroughly 2-3 times and see it carefully, there are things you may want to add, delete, change, move ect... but look at it more than once.

Fiix this ASAP!
I should not be allowed to make easy diffs lol

Normal

Ill do this diff fairly quick since there are various things you might want to change and consider to make it better.

00:28:946 (2,3,1) - Sounds off beat. It was and has been fixed

00:32:696 (4) - Off beat. This one is not

00:45:767 (2,3) - Try adding a slider there instead of that small slider and that single circle, will feel and sound way better than it does how you have it there.I think that part is fine as it is.

00:46:410 (4) - Try snapping the end of that slider, off beat. I did not notice that one, thanks. Guess i missed a few things while i changed things around so unsnapped slider ends are common.

00:55:196 - to 01:22:624 - Ill make this a bit easy for you, set the Effect to 100% and music to 35%. Hear that part and you'll notice that you may want to re map it...

02:05:481 - to 02:07:196 - Why did you in the other part mapped the saw bass but here you didn't? Seems very empty, try adding some notes.

I recommend you listen and look through the map very carefully and slowly since you'll notice some things that could be changed, deleted, added ect.. just a lil tip to make you improve(Do it 2-3 times) c:

Fix this ASAP!

Hard

USE 1/4 INSTEAD OF 1/8

Okay man let me stop here.. This may be a bit hard for you but i recommend you re map the entire Hard diff... You used a wrong snap divisor, added some insane stuff that should be on a hard and also it became extremely uncomfortable to play. I agree that some parts are weird to play so I'll see what I can change to make it better.

The problem radiates on the matter you used a very high beat snap divisor that you do not see in any Hard difficulty out there, i know you're new at mapping and i'm not saying you're bad at it but all that i'm witting right now its just intended for you to improve and become a better mapper and a player in all of the senses.

Why was it uncomfortable to play? Its basically the snap divisor you used and how all the notes placement where just odd, the fact that i need to be insanely fast to tap a double doesn't make this diff better, plus a great deal of sliders are off beat as sane as the circles. Game play wise this wasn't the best thing to play and it really would be better if you just re mapped it.

This was the first one I made so most of it was me messing around with the editor so its terrible. I had no idea what I was doing when making this diff (I still don't). I will try to improve it when I can.
EXS: 00:33:660 (3,1,2) - This here since again, you're using 1/8 the timing to hit the notes can cause a big confusion even if its just a small jump, just doesn't feel like it should be there, in other words that should be completely changed or deleted.

00:36:767 (1,2,3) - This jump transition is completely off beat and very difficult to hit since again.. the snapping its not correct and can get confused easily.

01:04:624 (4,5) - The shape of the first slider compared to the other its not very comfortable to play, again SNAPPING is the key word here, remember that in hard 1/4 is your friend.

Okay so i really hope you take this in consideration because this is completely unrankeable and keep your hopes up man. I myself had to re do many many times just one difficulty to know here i was heading with a map when i started and trust me, it really worked! I just want you get better and hopefolly one day hit your map to ranked :)!

Same for the insane here, take the same tips i gave you for the hard and re map it ill drop you off some setting just to help you a bit when you do so.

Settings
HARD

Be sure to follow the rhythmic pattern thoroughly just so the same issue wont happen again.
If yo are going to transition to from one instrument to another be sure to make it clear.

INSANE

Try not to over map it.

Is it ok if I make the non-melodic parts purposefully uncomfortable to play?(for the harder diffs) since I think it would fit the song or is that just mean and makes it a terrible map?
Thanks for the mod. It was very helpful and I'll see what I can do to improve it, Thanks.
Antalf

RainbowChaos wrote:

Antalf wrote:

Easy

00:32:696 (3) - Here i know what sound you tried to represent with that slider but this is kinda off, you should make it longer so it ends in the main synth lead you can hear. Itll definitely feel and sound way better. Fixed

00:36:874 (5) - This slider is off beat, i dont really know what sound you tried to represent here but, change this slider since with all the sounds in another beat this one just feels kinda random. I messed up and placed at at the wrong place

Fiix this ASAP!
I should not be allowed to make easy diffs lol

Normal

00:28:946 (2,3,1) - Sounds off beat. It was and has been fixed

00:32:696 (4) - Off beat. This one is not

00:45:767 (2,3) - Try adding a slider there instead of that small slider and that single circle, will feel and sound way better than it does how you have it there.I think that part is fine as it is.

00:46:410 (4) - Try snapping the end of that slider, off beat. I did not notice that one, thanks. Guess i missed a few things while i changed things around so unsnapped slider ends are common.

Fix this ASAP!

Hard

USE 1/4 INSTEAD OF 1/8

Okay man let me stop here.. This may be a bit hard for you but i recommend you re map the entire Hard diff... You used a wrong snap divisor, added some insane stuff that should be on a hard and also it became extremely uncomfortable to play. I agree that some parts are weird to play so I'll see what I can change to make it better.

This was the first one I made so most of it was me messing around with the editor so its terrible. I had no idea what I was doing when making this diff (I still don't). I will try to improve it when I can.

Settings
HARD

INSANE

Try not to over map it.

Is it ok if I make the non-melodic parts purposefully uncomfortable to play?(for the harder diffs) since I think it would fit the song or is that just mean and makes it a terrible map?
Thanks for the mod. It was very helpful and I'll see what I can do to improve it, Thanks.
Look, pattern wise if its a bit hard, counting for the Hard and Insane diff only of course, you may want to see if it fits with the song. If sometimes a pattern is hard (of course not stupidly hard) and fits perfectly with song, keep it, those are the patterns that make a diff both fun and enjoyable to play. You should look up some maps of Pegboard Nerds in osu! to see how they mapped it and take some guide through it and about the non melodic parts, of course while its enjoyable to play.
CuteFunnyCat
Hi This Is M4M form your que.

Easy:

General: Blue ticks are not allowed on easy.

Overlaps:
00:30:338 (5,1,2) - Overlap
00:36:981 (2,2) - ^
00:38:481 (1,2,3) - ^
01:21:124 (1,2) - ^
01:26:053 (1,2,3) - ^
01:27:553 (3,4) - ^
01:30:338 (2,3) - ^
01:35:910 (4,2,3) - ^
02:03:231 (2,1) - ^
02:20:053 (2,4) - ^
02:26:910 (2,4) - ^
02:28:624 (4,2) - ^
02:28:624 (4,3) - ^
02:33:767 (4,1) - ^
02:35:481 (1,3) - ^
02:47:481 (6,4) - ^
02:50:910 (5,4) - ^
02:56:696 (4,3) - ^
03:04:624 (5,2) - ^
03:08:053 (5,2,3) - ^

Repeat sliders:
01:21:124 (1) - This repeatslider is not allowed in easy.
02:18:553 (2) - ^

Stacks:
02:19:196 (3,4,1) - Tripple stack is tooo much in easy.

Spacing differences:
00:11:481 (5,1) - Sapcing difference.
00:14:053 (1,2) - ^
00:16:196 (1,2) - ^
In short spacing must be allways the same in easy difficulty soo please change it. Use 1 spacing everywhere ect.

I think thats all for this difficulty.

Normal:

Overlaps:
00:11:749 (6,2) - Overlap
00:38:910 (2,3,4) - ^
01:04:624 (4,1) - ^
01:28:624 (5,3) - ^
01:33:124 (1,2) - ^
01:33:767 (2,3) - ^
01:35:481 (2,3) - ^
02:18:338 (2,3) - ^
02:21:767 (6,1) - ^
02:23:481 (2,2) - ^
02:25:196 (2,4) - ^
02:26:910 (4,6) - ^
02:33:767 (4,6) - ^
02:49:838 (4,3) - ^
03:06:338 (3,5) - ^
03:06:981 (5,1) - ^

Spcing issues:
Soo chose a spacing and use that trough whole map because it is not allowed to change it how you want in normal difficulty. Use distance snap.

Hard

Yelow tick stacks:
00:32:053 (2,3) - Too cracy for hard.
And there is allot of those.

Overlaps:
00:59:481 (1,3) - Overlap
00:13:838 (5,1) - ^
00:20:910 (4,1) - ^
00:33:660 (3,2) - ^
00:46:196 (4,5) - ^
00:55:196 (2,1) - ^
01:02:053 (6,7) - ^
01:04:624 (4,5) - ^
01:05:696 (6,8) - ^
01:06:767 (8,5) - ^
01:21:231 (2,3) - ^
01:38:910 (1,1) - ^
01:39:767 (1,3) - ^
01:40:410 (3,2,1) - ^
02:18:981 (3,1) - ^
02:35:481 (5,6) - ^
02:49:838 (4,7) - ^
03:03:553 (5,3) - ^

This is all for my mod.
Topic Starter
RainbowChaos

CuteFunnyCat wrote:

Hi This Is M4M form your que.

Easy:

General: Blue ticks are not allowed on easy.

Overlaps:
00:30:338 (5,1,2) - Overlap
00:36:981 (2,2) - ^
00:38:481 (1,2,3) - ^
01:21:124 (1,2) - ^
01:26:053 (1,2,3) - ^
01:27:553 (3,4) - ^
01:30:338 (2,3) - ^
01:35:910 (4,2,3) - ^
02:03:231 (2,1) - ^
02:20:053 (2,4) - ^
02:26:910 (2,4) - ^
02:28:624 (4,2) - ^
02:28:624 (4,3) - ^
02:33:767 (4,1) - ^
02:35:481 (1,3) - ^
02:47:481 (6,4) - ^
02:50:910 (5,4) - ^
02:56:696 (4,3) - ^
03:04:624 (5,2) - ^
03:08:053 (5,2,3) - ^

Repeat sliders:
01:21:124 (1) - This repeatslider is not allowed in easy.
02:18:553 (2) - ^

Stacks:
02:19:196 (3,4,1) - Tripple stack is tooo much in easy.

Spacing differences:
00:11:481 (5,1) - Sapcing difference.
00:14:053 (1,2) - ^
00:16:196 (1,2) - ^
In short spacing must be allways the same in easy difficulty soo please change it. Use 1 spacing everywhere ect.

I think thats all for this difficulty. I'll try to make easy easier then I guess

Normal:

Overlaps:
00:11:749 (6,2) - Overlap
00:38:910 (2,3,4) - ^
01:04:624 (4,1) - ^
01:28:624 (5,3) - ^
01:33:124 (1,2) - ^
01:33:767 (2,3) - ^
01:35:481 (2,3) - ^
02:18:338 (2,3) - ^
02:21:767 (6,1) - ^
02:23:481 (2,2) - ^
02:25:196 (2,4) - ^
02:26:910 (4,6) - ^
02:33:767 (4,6) - ^
02:49:838 (4,3) - ^
03:06:338 (3,5) - ^
03:06:981 (5,1) - ^

Spcing issues:
Soo chose a spacing and use that trough whole map because it is not allowed to change it how you want in normal difficulty. Use distance snap.

Hard

Yelow tick stacks:
00:32:053 (2,3) - Too cracy for hard.
And there is allot of those. These have now been removed

Overlaps:
00:59:481 (1,3) - Overlap
00:13:838 (5,1) - ^
00:20:910 (4,1) - ^
00:33:660 (3,2) - ^
00:46:196 (4,5) - ^
00:55:196 (2,1) - ^
01:02:053 (6,7) - ^
01:04:624 (4,5) - ^
01:05:696 (6,8) - ^
01:06:767 (8,5) - ^
01:21:231 (2,3) - ^
01:38:910 (1,1) - ^
01:39:767 (1,3) - ^
01:40:410 (3,2,1) - ^
02:18:981 (3,1) - ^
02:35:481 (5,6) - ^
02:49:838 (4,7) - ^
03:03:553 (5,3) - ^

This is all for my mod.
Are overlappings a huge problem for a map? The objects are still visible so I don't see a problem with overlaps. But if they are then I will change it.
heyronii
Coming from M4M

A bit more insane

SPOILER
  1. Consider lowering AR to 9.2 or 9, OD to 8. Or if you want OD to be 10, lower HP please. It's too hard to play.
  2. Don't make combos too long. Change combo on every beat. Examples can be, 00:11:053 (4) - 00:16:196 (6) - 00:26:481 (6) - 00:29:910 (6) - 00:31:196 (11) - 00:33:338 (5) - 00:36:767 (6) - and so on..
  3. 00:21:767 (1,2,3) - This is hard to sight read when AR is 9.5
  4. 00:27:446 (10,11,12) - Consider changing the spacing/pattern on this. Don't let this 3 touch each other. It looks like they have the same timing as the 3 before. NC 00:27:446 (10) - for the rhythm change.
  5. 00:30:231 (8) - Slider should start at 00:30:338 -. You can end it at 00:30:713 -
  6. 00:35:374 (3) - Shift slider to white tick.
  7. 00:39:553 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Stream doesn't really fit here. You can put it at 00:52:624 -
  8. 00:54:767 - By mapping the wub wub sound, you miss an important beat here.
  9. 00:56:267 (5,6) - A pattern like this, would fit better. And also this applies to 00:57:981 (3,4) -, 01:03:124 (9,10) - 01:04:838 (3,4) - and so forth..
  10. 01:00:446 (2) - Shift this slider to red tick.
  11. 01:03:981 - Consider mapping this note here since it's kiai. 01:03:767 - is dominant, you can make it clickable by ending slider a bit early.
  12. 01:15:124 - ^, also 01:15:553 - is dominant.
  13. 01:25:088 (8) - Shift this to white tick.
  14. 01:30:231 (3) - ^
  15. 02:05:910 (1,2,3) - Consider stacking these notes.
  16. 02:26:374 (1) - 02:27:874 (7) - 02:34:731 (1) - These 3 doesn't really fit.
  17. 02:41:481 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Try keeping a natural flow here. You can see what I mean in these 2 screenshots. First Second Don't apply both of them. Choose 1.
  18. 02:44:053 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Don't make 280 bpm stream on a 4.8 star map please. Consider making this a kick slider.
  19. Also your sliders are great, but you can achieve the same look with less points.
Topic Starter
RainbowChaos

heyronii wrote:

Coming from M4M

A bit more insane

SPOILER
  1. Consider lowering AR to 9.2 or 9, OD to 8. Or if you want OD to be 10, lower HP please. It's too hard to play.I have lowered these settings now
  2. Don't make combos too long. Change combo on every beat. Examples can be, 00:11:053 (4) - 00:16:196 (6) - 00:26:481 (6) - 00:29:910 (6) - 00:31:196 (11) - 00:33:338 (5) - 00:36:767 (6) - and so on..
  3. 00:21:767 (1,2,3) - This is hard to sight read when AR is 9.5
  4. 00:27:446 (10,11,12) - Consider changing the spacing/pattern on this. Don't let this 3 touch each other. It looks like they have the same timing as the 3 before. NC 00:27:446 (10) - for the rhythm change.I think the difference in spacing is clear but I agree a NC is needed to signify a change there
  5. 00:30:231 (8) - Slider should start at 00:30:338 -. You can end it at 00:30:713 - The sound begins at 30:231 so I think its fine as is
  6. 00:35:374 (3) - Shift slider to white tick.I guess I missed that, thanks
  7. 00:39:553 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Stream doesn't really fit here. You can put it at 00:52:624 - I thought having a stream there would be more interesting than a slider and also for a bit more difficulty.
  8. 00:54:767 - By mapping the wub wub sound, you miss an important beat here.
  9. 00:56:267 (5,6) - A pattern like this, would fit better. And also this applies to 00:57:981 (3,4) -, 01:03:124 (9,10) - 01:04:838 (3,4) - and so forth.. Thanks, that pattern fits much better
  10. 01:00:446 (2) - Shift this slider to red tick.Another mistiming on my part
  11. 01:03:981 - Consider mapping this note here since it's kiai. 01:03:767 - is dominant, you can make it clickable by ending slider a bit early. I think switching to drums for 1 second wouldn't be a good thing so I'll just leave it out
  12. 01:15:124 - ^, also 01:15:553 - is dominant.
  13. 01:25:088 (8) - Shift this to white tick. The sound starts on the blue tick
  14. 01:30:231 (3) - ^
  15. 02:05:910 (1,2,3) - Consider stacking these notes.
  16. 02:26:374 (1) - 02:27:874 (7) - 02:34:731 (1) - These 3 doesn't really fit. They have been removed
  17. 02:41:481 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Try keeping a natural flow here. You can see what I mean in these 2 screenshots. First Second Don't apply both of them. Choose 1. I think jumps fit better instead of circular flow
  18. 02:44:053 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Don't make 280 bpm stream on a 4.8 star map please. Consider making this a kick slider. Changed to repeat sliders instead
  19. Also your sliders are great, but you can achieve the same look with less points.Thanks :3 although I'm still not 100% satisfied with some of them
Thank you for the mod.
William K
Hi!

[Easy]

Rhythmings
Actually in Easies, mapping 1/2s are allowed but just not frequently. The Easy diff you have here just have 1/2s mapped too frequently. You should try making the rhythm as simple as possible.
Also, I personally think that 3/4s are way too hard for new comers like for example 02:09:316 (1,2,3) - as it's hard for them to predict. They would most likely to press notes consistently. You may try looking at 03:06:316 (2,3,4) - for another example.
And what you did at 00:55:174 - until 01:22:602 - has their rhythm gaps too hard for Easy players. They'd more likely be confused in this rhythm patterning.

Hit Objects
Something like 01:21:102 (1) - which has a double reversed arrow is not really recommended in Easies, and moreover it's a 1/2 reversed slider. Newcomers would more likely be tricked by the second reversed arrow.
01:39:745 (1,2) - I know what you're trying to do here, but this kind of slider shape shouldn't be in Easy difficulty as the slider path is unclear itself.
00:50:888 (5) - You could try blanketing sliders for a better aesthetics, like for example : https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/7391552
02:35:245 (2) - I can't see that putting a note here goes with anything, how about moving it fowards 1/2 beats to follow the strong sound at 02:35:459 - ?
02:38:031 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - 1/1 circle spams would be too hard for newcomers actually as 2 circles requires more clicks than 1 slider. Same problem to the last kiai in Easy. (Well, circles are only used in some cases, but we mostly use sliders in Easies as it only requires a click then hold, which is easier than 2 notes).
03:10:602 (4) - Same slider shape problem as I mentioned earlier.
[]
Personally, I think that 140 BPM with 1.00 Slider Velocity is way too fast. Consider lowering it to like 0.80. And one more thing, Slider Velocity changes (Green Lines) aren't allowed in Easies. 02:44:910 - For example, as Easy players aren't familiar with it yet. You may start using SV change in Normals, (Here, only in special cases.) You may try looking at
CHiCO with HoneyWorks - Sekai wa Koi ni Ochiteiru TV size

The Normal in the map above has an SV change in the beginning (But remember that the SV change is not so extreme)

Good Luck! :3
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.