forum

[resolved] Not getting the Obsessed achievement

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bence
Problem Details:
I retried Kira Kira Days 120 times today already and still no achievement. I got min 50 combo each time. Send help, I lost my sanity.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20161101cuttingedge
Kao
It needs to be at least in the middle of the play or just not immediately. Retries count (but it has to be a certain amount of time into the map to count). Be patient. Make sure you finish the map though. I retried it 600 times but only 200 is seen in my profile.

Play more. It should appear soon.
Topic Starter
Bence

Kao wrote:

It needs to be at least in the middle of the play or just not immediately.
Be patient. Make sure you finish the map though. I retried it 600 times but only 200 is seen in my profile.
All the 120ish is seen on my profile (162 now but had some before that).
Kao
120 doesn't mean 120 counted
*cough* don't restart immediately *cough*

I suggest being 1 minute into the map, but since kirakira is very short, just finish it every time
On my very first day, my very first score submitted,, I got Obsessed Achievement after 600 replays on My Love [Normal] after 14 hours of continuous gameplay.
(Yes that's how obsessed you must be)
Topic Starter
Bence

Kao wrote:

120 doesn't mean 120 counted
That is exactly what you said though:

Kao wrote:

I retried it 600 times but only 200 is seen in my profile
If 200 is seen on your profile out 600 then 200 is counted out of 600.

Kao wrote:

*cough* don't restart immediately *cough*
I haven't that's how I started.
Kao
I've played 600 and 200 was counted because 400 were immediate restarts (I wanted SS)
Another scenario would be 1000plays 300 in profile because 700 were immediate restarts and no obsessed because 250 were just 30 seconds in.

The Achievements are a little buggy, you'd have to try at least couple of times for it to work (excluding counting achievements such as Play count)
Try another map instead. You'll get it soon
Topic Starter
Bence

Kao wrote:

Try another map instead. You'll get it soon
I tried it with Best FriendS, 250 times retrying midmap, no achievement. Now I tried Kira Kira. I'm not going to waste more time on this because it seems to be bugged for me, that's why I'm asking for help.
I never instantly retried because I know that doesn't count so drop that.
Kao
This might apply to unplayed maps only (Maps without a submitted score)

I played My Love 600 times only then did I finish the map and submit my score. Only then did I get the achievement.
Topic Starter
Bence

Kao wrote:

This might apply to unplayed maps only (Maps without a submitted score)

I played My Love 600 times only then did I finish the map and submit my score. Only then did I get the achievement.
This is a good idea. I will try and report back.
Or maybe I should've beaten my old score, that makes more sense but same idea.
Kao
Make sure it's a longer map this time and not TV sized, this could be a factor too
(That it's timed like 1min and not 60% of song as an example)

Good luck
Bara-
Just play this map (Insane) 100x and you should get it.
Using EZ or something as that will ensure you'll pass it.
Map is ranked, only 9 seconds long. With DT it's 6-7 sec
Starrodkirby86
Yeah, make sure to also finish the map you're constantly playing against, since the achievement medals would only be awarded upon song completion.

Also, the retry threshold to count as a play is far earlier, the old speculation was something like roughly after 30x or 10 seconds, whichever comes first. It's pretty early in the grand scheme of things.
Bara-

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Yeah, make sure to also finish the map you're constantly playing against, since the achievement medals would only be awarded upon song completion.

Also, the retry threshold to count as a play is far earlier, the old speculation was something like roughly after 30x or 10 seconds, whichever comes first. It's pretty early in the grand scheme of things.
If it was only 10 seconds, playing TRF is even a better option than retrying...
Topic Starter
Bence
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6470257
Cheers!

Looks like I had to give it some hours to rest before finishing again though I couldn't be bothered to actually play it this time.
Thanks for the answers
Bara-
Nice accuracy!

Good to hear you finally have it ^_^