forum

[Archived] Can't open the osu! folder

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Athyrionjh
Yeah...uhm I've got this Problem for a while now...

EVERYTIME I want to open the osu! folder, my explorer.exe gets an error and must be shut down.
and sometimes drwtsn32.exe must be closed too...
But when I end the process of the folder, after a short time where my task bar disappears, everything appears as nothing had happend but I'm not in the osu! Folder...
I still can get to the subfolders, like Songs or Skins by clicking on the "+" -Symbol when I use the Explorer...
I tried to reinstall osu! but I've got still this Problem...
But the funniest part is..when I move the osu! Folder to an other directory (Normally it's at E:\Programme) for example to E:\Dokumente und Einstellungen this error doesn't occur anymore...
I'm not good at telling, so I made a video about this problem (sry for the sound, better you won't listen just krrrcch)
http://puu.sh/1N0B
and here my System details http://puu.sh/1N0M (I use Windows XP Home)

ah and BTW: If my puush is active in the background (down there in the task barand more passive) sometimes my coursor in osu! becomes sluggardly - especially when someone in Skype comes online...
peppy
Try running a disk check... I'd say you have some corrupt files in there that are causing explorer to trip over.

Topic Starter
Athyrionjh
hmm nope it didn't help anyways :(
Xyrenus
not sure this would work.. but probably find a registry fixer software..?
probably something to do with the registry?
not too sure about that.. just suggesting..
peppy
It's not a registry issue.
Intermezzo
Is your osu! folder or songs folder shared on the network?
Xyrenus

Intermezzo wrote:

Is your osu! folder or songs folder shared on the network?
nah i don't think its sharing issue also..
Shael_old
Got this problem also, I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64x

The problem only occurs when I'm trying to get into the osu! folder, but sometimes, my explorer.exe just crashes, but after a reset, I can acces it without any problems
mm201
Try deleting any thumbs.db, desktop.ini, or other files put there by Explorer.