forum

New keyboard and mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheLonePiggy
I'm going to be replacing my keyboard and mouse soon and im looking for recommendations

My current keyboard is a razer black widow chroma and I want to find a keyboard with a similar type of switches although I don't know what type this one has.

As for my mouse I have a Logitech g502 and I only need to replace it because it will randomly stop responding and I've managed to wear out the grippy parts

I definitely want to look towards different keyboards and find a good quality one with great durability for osu and other gaming purposes but as for my mouse I might just rebuy the same one unless any of you have some good ones, the only requirement is that I have to be able to customize the dpi.
Just incase it matters, I use 650 dpi

Thanks in advance for any recommendations as well as even reading this block of text :)
KupcaH
rubberdome
Topic Starter
TheLonePiggy

KupcaH wrote:

rubberdome
nopls
Starrodkirby86
Since you're looking for new hardware, I recommend you to take a read over in r/osugame's Hardware FAQ. Razer uses their own kinds of keys, with their Greens resembling Cherry MX Blues and Orange as Cherry MX Browns. From this point, the kind of key you want is definitely up to your preference. If you're able to go out to a store that has different mechanical keys to demo, you should definitely do so. Best Buy often has a Corsair keyboard with Cherry MX Reds, last time I remember. There's also a recently newer keyboard by Logitech that uses their own proprietary keys called Romer-Gs, and they purportedly resemble Cherry MX Browns.

Either way, with a mouse, I think there's a bit of parallel between good osu! mice and good CS:GO mice, so you can look at those if you'd like. There's also the Pro Mouse Player Leaderboards to give an idea of what mice are kind of popular and out there. Your grip can be a factor for some mice, but at this point there are plenty of review videos and anecdotes that you can research for a particular mouse you find fancy.
Topic Starter
TheLonePiggy

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Since you're looking for new hardware, I recommend you to take a read over in r/osugame's Hardware FAQ. Razer uses their own kinds of keys, with their Greens resembling Cherry MX Blues and Orange as Cherry MX Browns. From this point, the kind of key you want is definitely up to your preference. If you're able to go out to a store that has different mechanical keys to demo, you should definitely do so. Best Buy often has a Corsair keyboard with Cherry MX Reds, last time I remember. There's also a recently newer keyboard by Logitech that uses their own proprietary keys called Romer-Gs, and they purportedly resemble Cherry MX Browns.

Either way, with a mouse, I think there's a bit of parallel between good osu! mice and good CS:GO mice, so you can look at those if you'd like. There's also the Pro Mouse Player Leaderboards to give an idea of what mice are kind of popular and out there. Your grip can be a factor for some mice, but at this point there are plenty of review videos and anecdotes that you can research for a particular mouse you find fancy.
Thanks!
I Give Up
Mouse: Can't go wrong with Roccat Savu. Though you might check out G403 Prodigy It is basically a lighter G400s with a 3366 sensor. Also mousepad is just as important like steelseries heavy for low friction or roccat taito for medium friction (never use high friction i.e. leather pads).

Keyboard: Any mech keyboard with cherry mx reds for linear or cherry mx browns for tactile feedback. If you want to go rubberdome then logitech G105 is a good choice.
Caput Mortuum
Logitech k120