forum

Bal-Sagoth - Beneath The Crimson Vaults Of Cydonia

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mitchell Gwr
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Tuesday, 14 February 2017 at 8:43:40 PM

Artist: Bal-Sagoth
Title: Beneath The Crimson Vaults Of Cydonia
Tags: Cthonic Cronicles Symphonic Black Metal
BPM: 198
Filesize: 9686kb
Play Time: 05:08
Difficulties Available:
  1. Praise the Z'xulth (6.55 stars, 2390 notes)
Download: Bal-Sagoth - Beneath The Crimson Vaults Of Cydonia
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
[Crush them, grind them, slay them all!]
198bpm death streams.
Is it possible? Probably.
direday
Hello! From my Queue

Sry, don't like heavy metal too much but let's see about the map.

General

• Can't comment much on the deathstreams 'cos I find them dead-boring in general
  1. 01:11:528 (1) - Turn it into slider + circle to emphasize 3rd note (it's strong)
  2. 01:14:255 (5) - Not sure why it is placed so close. It represents strong sound. Actually every big white tick has strong note on it here. Check them to be emphasized by flow or by spacing. And definetly they should not be a sliderend.
  3. 01:19:103 (2) - guitar here. And it's white tick. I doubt there are a lot (if any) places where big white tick should be skipped like that. It also breaks the rythm in addition to not following the song.
  4. 02:32:285 (4) - Can't hear at all. And I have hitsounds 25% louder than music. At least make 1st hit audible
  5. 02:35:467 (1,1) - Those and many more along the map look like they should be pointed at next circle but the aren't.
    Also too much kiai. It should be about 15-30% of the map. You have almost 50%

Hope that helped.
Good luck!
Topic Starter
Mitchell Gwr

direday wrote:

Hello! From my Queue

Sry, don't like heavy metal too much but let's see about the map.

General

• Can't comment much on the deathstreams 'cos I find them dead-boring in general :o
  1. 01:11:528 (1) - Turn it into slider + circle to emphasize 3rd note (it's strong) Fixed
  2. 01:14:255 (5) - Not sure why it is placed so close. It represents strong sound. Actually every big white tick has strong note on it here. Check them to be emphasized by flow or by spacing. And definetly they should not be a sliderend. Fixed
  3. 01:19:103 (2) - guitar here. And it's white tick. I doubt there are a lot (if any) places where big white tick should be skipped like that. It also breaks the rhythm in addition to not following the song. I considered changing this but I cant help it but to follow the drums over the guitar. To compensate, I've changed the hitsounds. Also, following both the guitar and the drum at the same time simply looks wonky.
  4. 02:32:285 (4) - Can't hear at all. And I have hitsounds 25% louder than music. At least make 1st hit audible Fixed
  5. 02:35:467 (1,1) - Those and many more along the map look like they should be pointed at next circle but the aren't. Acknowledged. I fixed the ones you highlighted but I can't really understand the problem here. Especially for small sliders that act as glorified hit circles.
    Also too much kiai. It should be about 15-30% of the map. You have almost 50% There's nothing wrong with that ay. I personally feel as though every part that I've given kiai time deserves it but I could be biased purely because I enjoy the song so much and feel as though every part is fantastic.

Hope that helped. It did. Thank you.
Good luck!
Flare-kun
From OSUWOT modding q!

freakn \m/ this song is i'll tell you that

praise the deathstream

00:19:558 (3,4) - I'd move 3 closer to 4 because the spacing on the timeline calls for that, also move the 2 away a little bit

that's literally it. Maybe look at all the streams, make sure they're all following the changes in music and changing accordingly (Which most of them are, anyways.)

kind of hard to mod a map that's only streams. I'll shoot a star to make up for this tiny mod. Gl, man! ヽ( ⌐□益□)/ \m/
Topic Starter
Mitchell Gwr

Flare-kun wrote:

From OSUWOT modding q!

freakn \m/ this song is i'll tell you that

praise the deathstream

00:19:558 (3,4) - I'd move 3 closer to 4 because the spacing on the timeline calls for that, also move the 2 away a little bit

that's literally it. Maybe look at all the streams, make sure they're all following the changes in music and changing accordingly (Which most of them are, anyways.)

kind of hard to mod a map that's only streams. I'll shoot a star to make up for this tiny mod. Gl, man! ヽ( ⌐□益□)/ \m/
Thank you very much for the mod and star; it means a lot that you took the time to reply.
I've fixed the issue at 00:19:558.
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.