forum

Force & Styles - Field of Dreams

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Friday, September 30, 2011 at 1:49:33 PM

Artist: Force & Styles
Title: Field of Dreams (Short Ver.)
Tags: Happy Hardcore winber1 wmfchris
BPM: 184.29
Filesize: 2899kb
Play Time: 01:23
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (2.02 stars, 84 notes)
  2. Hard (4.36 stars, 154 notes)
  3. Insane (5 stars, 272 notes)
  4. Winber1's Insane (5 stars, 305 notes)
  5. Wmf's Taiko (5 stars, 475 notes)
Download: Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (Short Ver.)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Sounds helluva lot like Nightcore, but actually isn't! Makes me wonder whether I should put that in the tags.

This is my attempt to focus on rhythm and slider/circle usage rather than visual patterns. So it's kinda asymmetric 'cept for jumps.

Current Progress:
Easy: 100%.
Hard: 100%.
Insane: 100%
winber1's Insane: 100%
wmf's Taiko: 100%

History:
4/28/11: Hard uploaded.
4/29/11: winber1's Insane guest diff uploaded (thanks!)
5/5/11: Hard hitsounded (somebody go over this please), Normal started.
5/22/11: Song retimed thanks to Selee. Normal finished except for hitsounds, easy started.
5/23/11: Full submit- added a few silenced sliderticks and sliderslides.
5/26/11: Easy finished except for hitsounds.
5/31/11: Hitsounds all complete, (though Hard still sounds funny and I'll probably redo that), moved to Pending.
6/2/11: Full submit- removed the silent normal sliderslide b/c used N:C1 on Hard and wanted the slider sound. Mostly used S:C1 for intro where sliderslide and slidertick are both silent.
6/5/11: Added a nice SB courtesy of ziin.
6/11/11: Added a Taiko diff by wmfchris.
6/12/11: Full submit- Included Taiko BG by HeatKai (though not yet added b/c of confusion on my part), fixed osb. winber1's Insane easy-fied. The original is here, if you're interested.
6/15/11: Full submit- Included fixed Taiko BG, removed .osb and put in storyboards in .osu.
6/16/11: Full submit- And now the Taiko BG is completely showing! (Thanks RJ and ziin)
6/21/11: Full submit- Added (Short Ver.) to title. Also, various fixes + combo color change.
6/25/11: Hard renamed to Insane, Normal renamed to Hard, to reflect the shift in difficulties.
8/14/11: I'm back I guess.
8/19/11: A few mods, I think this is getting near ready to go. Waiting for wmf and winber1 to update if they'd like to.
8/21/11: Thanks for updates, wmf and winber1! Mods incoming from challenge queue.
9/6/11: Update with Yoshi's mod

Download: Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (Short Ver.) (akrolsmir) [Winber1's Original Insane].osu
winber1
Very nice "hard" difficulty :P (now maybe add some hitsounds to it? :P)

My guest diff request get done a lot quicker than regular mod requests lol shh..

anyways, even tho you haven't responded to the pm yet, i just went ahead and made an insane. Hope that's ok. It has pretty big spacing, but i still find it really fun to play, not to be egotistical or anything lol.

Hope you my beatmapping style :S

edit: oh yea, i forgot. I changed some timings and stuff, and elongated the kiai time a bit. I thot these timing sections and stuff fit better. Feel free to change it, but i think the way i changed it works quite well.

edit 2:
SPOILER
Hard

00:02:918(4) - delete note?
00:13:344(4) - ^
00:13:507(1) - delete new combo (or do something to make it the same as before)
00:23:577(1) - remove new combo
00:23:740(2) - new combo
I just want to have the new combo on the white tick. I know the vocals start on the red tick tho. So it's your decision.
00:43:451(4) - perhaps end the slider here and remove the note that was originally here

Really, there's not much i can say. It's really a nice map. Just finish adding in those hitsounds :P. Those anti-spacing also fit really well imo. I'm seriously like half awake right now; however, i hit the notes spot-on, anti-spacing or no anti-spacing.

Very nice map! :3

Download: Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (akrolsmir) [Winber1's Insane].osu
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
Hitsounds will be coming shortly. Along with an easy and probably a normal.

winber1's Insane:

00:30:093 (4,5,6) - Is the extra spacing here intentional? Shouldn't be here IMO.
00:37:750 (5,6,7,8,9,10) - Move 2 grids up and 2 grids right to make 00:37:424 (3,4,5,6) - A diamond (rhombus) instead of a parallelogram? (lol geometry)
Entire Kiai section: Really looks Insane :P . I'm sure it's great, I just couldn't pass it to save my life so I won't mod it. And I think that extending the length of kiai will be a good idea, so I've made the Kiai in Hard match up.

01:02:177- Notes from here on don't seem to be snapped, maybe that would account for our timing discrepancy. Try playing it before and after snapping, and seeing which you like. (if before, I think it means having the final two timing sections is better, if after then removing is better). I personally did better before snapping, but then again I'm probably slightly biased on that.

Excellent difficulty, I'm honored to add it here. Also, I need to learn to make S-shaped sliders from you, all of mine turn out horrible :( (hence their absence in Hard).

Edit: On the mod:

winber1 wrote:

SPOILER
Hard

00:02:918(4) - delete note? Sorry, I think it plays better with it here even though I know there's no music.
00:13:344(4) - ^ Ditto
00:13:507(1) - delete new combo (or do something to make it the same as before) Good idea, consistency is important.
00:23:577(1) - remove new combo
00:23:740(2) - new combo
I just want to have the new combo on the white tick. I know the vocals start on the red tick tho. So it's your decision. I think your suggestion is better, fixed
00:43:451(4) - perhaps end the slider here and remove the note that was originally here This fits the music better, fixed.

Really, there's not much i can say. It's really a nice map. Just finish adding in those hitsounds :P. Those anti-spacing also fit really well imo. I'm seriously like half awake right now; however, i hit the notes spot-on, anti-spacing or no anti-spacing. Glad you liked it and found it intuitive! To tell the truth I had been a little worried about that but this reassured me lots.

Very nice map! :3
On a completely unrelated note, copy+pasting those notes into editor's "jump to time" function drew an invalid format thing, b/c of a missing space. It's not a very big deal, but it's slightly quirky, so I wonder: do you copy and paste the notes from editor? I always wonder if people don't use that functionality because it's so useful and convenient.

Finally, thanks for the mod and star in addition to the guest diff!
winber1

akrolsmir wrote:

On a completely unrelated note, copy+pasting those notes into editor's "jump to time" function drew an invalid format thing, b/c of a missing space. It's not a very big deal, but it's slightly quirky, so I wonder: do you copy and paste the notes from editor? I always wonder if people don't use that functionality because it's so useful and convenient.
oops, didn't realized you said this a while ago. Anyways, those timing points seem to work for me. And i actually just realized that like a few hours ago before reading this lolol. I'm pretty fast at typing those numbers tho and I'm quite used to it. Also, some times there are times when I really don't want to talk about the beginning of a note, so sometimes that may cause some problems.

akrolsmir wrote:

00:30:093 (4,5,6) - Is the extra spacing here intentional? Shouldn't be here IMO.yea it was. i kinda like it there. if it's ok i kinda want to leave it there
00:37:750 (5,6,7,8,9,10) - Move 2 grids up and 2 grids right to make 00:37:424 (3,4,5,6) - A diamond (rhombus) instead of a parallelogram? (lol geometry) k sure, i wasn't think of even making a shape at this part actually, i was just thinking let's go in this up anddown kinda of pattern thing.
Entire Kiai section: Really looks Insane :P . I'm sure it's great, I just couldn't pass it to save my life so I won't mod it. And I think that extending the length of kiai will be a good idea, so I've made the Kiai in Hard match up.

01:02:177- Notes from here on don't seem to be snapped, maybe that would account for our timing discrepancy. Try playing it before and after snapping, and seeing which you like. (if before, I think it means having the final two timing sections is better, if after then removing is better). I personally did better before snapping, but then again I'm probably slightly biased on that. I just resnapped notes. I didn't really see the point of the red timing sections you had there. I removed them cuz i thot it played the same. I just forgot to resnap. If you needed to use a red timing section there to get the song back on tempo, i think the tempo may just be a tiny bit off. it's like a 5 ms difference or something, so i don't think it's a noticeable difference. to me,I don't really feel much difference playing the song.
if you want to change it, then just do it. i don't care at all. or i can do for you, but i'm really lazy right now lol.
also, please ignore my pm. that's the old version. the one here is the newer version with some of your mods. i didn't realize you tried to contact me here lol.

h3k1ru
hi, i liked the map but timing looks a bit off for me. ur bpm is wrong (should be 184.000), but i failed to find correct offsets so i just suggest u ask for timing check a mappers who pro at timing

well, iam here to leave a star and wish u finish the map
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

h3k1ru wrote:

hi, i liked the map but timing looks a bit off for me. ur bpm is wrong (should be 184.000), but i failed to find correct offsets so i just suggest u ask for timing check a mappers who pro at timing

well, iam here to leave a star and wish u finish the map
I am about 95% sure the BPM should not be 184 exactly, but I'll make sure to keep an eye out for this and I'll take another look if somebody else brings this up. In any case, thanks for looking through this!
h3k1ru

akrolsmir wrote:

I am about 95% sure the BPM should not be 184 exactly
If u find and check full version of ur song (4:30 min length), u will get 184 bpm exactly, u got that strange numbers 184.xx coz u (or not u) did custom cut off the track..
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

h3k1ru wrote:

akrolsmir wrote:

I am about 95% sure the BPM should not be 184 exactly
If u find and check full version of ur song (4:30 min length), u will get 184 bpm exactly, u got that strange numbers 184.xx coz u (or not u) did custom cut off the track..
Hm... which analyzer are you using? With MixMeister I got 92.05 for the full and 92.15 for the portion I have. I'm thinking that multiple timing sections makes this not a good choice or whatever.

Anyways, I'll post this on the timing check thread and see if anyone can help us.
Selee
Timing:
BPM: 184.290
Offset: 323

btw...don't ever trust BPM analyzers....
Kanon
Hi~Here is your mod.
General
Countdown enabled but no effect
you can use Silenced sliderslide in the begining? i made it for you http://puu.sh/2bHg

Easy
Skip as it is WIP

Normal
01:03:972 (2,4,6) - move them to the long white line

Hard
00:00:323-00:19:857 use soft hitsound. increase the volume.dont use clap,use whistle instead.
Other arrange and hitsound is good. i cant find any bad. Good work.

Winber1's Insane
so easy to fail lol
00:00:323-00:19:857 same with hard diff
00:12:532 (1,3,5) - stack them together or make them more easy to read.
00:12:694 (2,4) - ^
01:02:995 (2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - can have more fun arrange here like http://puu.sh/2bPR or triangle
01:12:600 (1,2,3,4) - stack them together or make them more easy to read.
devil diff but i like it

When you finish all diffs i can recheck it. dont hesitate to PM me!
Suslishka
won't touch insane cuz i just can't play it x) and i'm actually not a modder, i haven't got any ranked maps to show you how to make maps x))
generally, good short fast map, i like that type
one thing
Hard
00:05:043(11) - too confusing, even for me, who likes confusing notes;
00:15:462(11) - same here;
01:23:669(11) - and here, haha, but in other way.
at least you should make a new combo, imo
i can assume that it is planned, but it is not very good for map

star :3
and i'll leave my request in your queue)
winber1
00:12:532 (1,3,5) - stack them together or make them more easy to read.
00:12:694 (2,4) - ^
hmm.. sorry. I like that pattern :( so i kept it. i followed the other advice tho.

Thanks!

Topic Starter
akrolsmir

Kanon wrote:

Hi~Here is your mod.
General
Countdown enabled but no effect
you can use Silenced sliderslide in the begining? i made it for you http://puu.sh/2bHg Did this, and silenced ticks while I was at it.

Easy
Skip as it is WIP

Normal
01:03:972 (2,4,6) - move them to the long white line I didn't try this earlier because I'm usually to focused on lyrics, but i think it's worth a shot here.

Hard
00:00:323-00:19:857 use soft hitsound. increase the volume.dont use clap,use whistle instead. Good idea, replaced.
Other arrange and hitsound is good. i cant find any bad. Good work.

Winber1's Insane
so easy to fail lol I know right. I doubt I'll ever be able to FC this.
When you finish all diffs i can recheck it. dont hesitate to PM me!
Thanks for the mod and star! Hopefully I'll have time to take a look at your map tomorrow.

Suslishka wrote:

generally, good short fast map, i like that type Yeah, that was what I was going for here =)
one thing
Hard
00:05:043(11) - too confusing, even for me, who likes confusing notes; eh, I like the antijumps here, so I'll keep it.
00:15:462(11) - same here; Same
01:23:669(11) - and here, haha, but in other way. Fixed.
at least you should make a new combo, imo
i can assume that it is planned, but it is not very good for map Aw... I'll make sure to go all out on patterns for my next map.

star :3
and i'll leave my request in your queue)
Thanks for the star and the check! I'll get to your map soon.
hackSL
nice map, RuStar :3
Yomeiro
Hi there~
Coming from my riddle mod queue~ :3

General

How about adding winber to your tags? :o
No Source? (just asking~)

Winber1's Insane

Ya this certainly is Insane....
Had a pretty hard time playing through this (let's say I skipped the Kiai-Part, since it's pretty Hard for me... ;_;)

Just asking but could you increase your AR by 1?
I think some things are a bit easier to read with AR 9 (basically my opinion is, that it plays better with AR 9 rather than with AR 8~).
Not sure if it would be could to increase OA diff by +1 or +2 too then~

Hitsounds on this map seem good to me~, Patterns you used are ok too~
Spacing seems a bit "meh" to me~
It feels as if you're using like every Distance-spacing starting from 1.0x to 2.0x and space some notes even above 2.0x~
Seems like you used 1.0x and 1.5x most of the time for Distance-spacing, other parts feel more intentional (that's probably why I feel like "How much different Distance-spacings did he use there~")

00:16:113 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Just noticed this now~, uhm would it be possible for you to maybe change the spacing, so it's like Low --> High (example~)? So that you basically use the spacing like you did at 00:05:694 (1,2,3,1,2,3)~
01:12:600 (1,2,3,4) - Let's say, I probably get why you spaced them this far away, but I think it's kinda unnecessary and seems like a "sudden" jump :/

Dunno, these are probably the only things I noticed at this map~, Maybe I denied some things :o

Hard

5.00 Star-Rating~, It plays more like a 4-4.5 though lol~
Uhm well...

00:02:927 (4) - You could probably remove this one but you don't have to~
00:13:345 (4) - ^
00:21:810 (5) - ^
00:24:415 (4) - ^
00:28:322 (7,10) - ^
00:07:973 (9) - Since you used a Slider at 00:18:229 (8) for the "same" part, you should remove this one.
Rest seems fine for some reason~

Hitsounds at Kiai-Part and after are used a bit weird and I don't really get why you used them like this but well, everyone has a different taste~ :o

Normal

00:10:253 (1) - Meh, replace this with a single note at 00:10:415.
00:50:949 (3,4) - Do they have to stack, or could you space 4 further away from 3?~ (like at 01:01:368 (3,4)~)
01:23:344 (10,11) - ^
01:08:042 (8,1) - Add NC at 8 and remove it from 1? :o
01:12:600 (6) - Let it stack with 01:09:995 (4)~
01:15:856 (5) - NC? :o
01:21:390 (6) - ^
01:23:669 (11) - NC here, since the other diff's end with a "NC" as well~ :3

Since there are no Hitsounds, theres nothing else I have to say for now~

Easy

Beginning seems to be a bit weird but maybe it's just me~
No Hitsounds again~, nothing else to say for now~

That's about it~ catch this star :3
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

Yomeiro wrote:

Hi there~
Coming from my riddle mod queue~ :3

General

How about adding winber to your tags? :o Right. That's the first guest diff I've gotten so I had forgotten to do this.
No Source? (just asking~) I think that's right, according to the FAQ.

Hard

5.00 Star-Rating~, It plays more like a 4-4.5 though lol~ Oh good, that was the point. That's why it's hard and not insane.
Uhm well...

00:02:927 (4) - You could probably remove this one but you don't have to~ That was bothering me too, removed.
00:13:345 (4) - ^ Removed
00:21:810 (5) - ^ I'll keep this for now
00:24:415 (4) - ^ ^
00:28:322 (7,10) - ^ ^
00:07:973 (9) - Since you used a Slider at 00:18:229 (8) for the "same" part, you should remove this one. ^
Rest seems fine for some reason~

Hitsounds at Kiai-Part and after are used a bit weird and I don't really get why you used them like this but well, everyone has a different taste~ :o Unfortunately, hitsounding is not my strong point T.T Any suggestions?

Normal

00:10:253 (1) - Meh, replace this with a single note at 00:10:415. ... wow this now sounds feels so, so much better. Have a cookie.
00:50:949 (3,4) - Do they have to stack, or could you space 4 further away from 3?~ (like at 01:01:368 (3,4)~) Changed
01:23:344 (10,11) - ^ changed
01:08:042 (8,1) - Add NC at 8 and remove it from 1? :o Good catch
01:12:600 (6) - Let it stack with 01:09:995 (4)~ Sure why not.
01:15:856 (5) - NC? :o Nah, I'll keep the long combos for consistency.
01:21:390 (6) - ^ ^
01:23:669 (11) - NC here, since the other diff's end with a "NC" as well~ :3 Good point.

Since there are no Hitsounds, theres nothing else I have to say for now~ Sigh. I think hitsounding is my least favorite part of mapping.

Easy

Beginning seems to be a bit weird but maybe it's just me~ Do you mean 00:00:323 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - ? I didn't like it either, should I use the same timing I did starting at 00:10:415?
No Hitsounds again~, nothing else to say for now~

That's about it~ catch this star :3
Thanks for pointing out all of this, your suggestions were very helpful!
winber1
SPOILER

Yomeiro wrote:

Winber1's Insane
Just asking but could you increase your AR by 1? sure I'm fine with that
I think some things are a bit easier to read with AR 9 (basically my opinion is, that it plays better with AR 9 rather than with AR 8~).
Not sure if it would be could to increase OA diff by +1 or +2 too then~ I don't really see the point of increasing this, it also makes the song harder to beat :P

Hitsounds on this map seem good to me~, Patterns you used are ok too~
Spacing seems a bit "meh" to me~
It feels as if you're using like every Distance-spacing starting from 1.0x to 2.0x and space some notes even above 2.0x~ this text is just blue cuz i agree with you lol. it mainly just goes from 1.0x to 1.2x to 1.5x. Mostly the reason it goes over 2.0 is because of the kick sliders. idk about your opinions, I like it when kick sliders are further apart (when compared to actual spacing), just because you basicaly get an extra 1/4 tick to reach the next note cuz you don't really have to move the cursor anywhere to get a 300on that note
Seems like you used 1.0x and 1.5x most of the time for Distance-spacing, other parts feel more intentional (that's probably why I feel like "How much different Distance-spacings did he use there~")

00:16:113 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3) - Just noticed this now~, uhm would it be possible for you to maybe change the spacing, so it's like Low --> High (example~)? So that you basically use the spacing like you did at 00:05:694 (1,2,3,1,2,3)~ The pattern I use earlier doesn't increase in spacing... but anyways, i put those combos in that S shaped pattern cuz i like it. I think it's perfectly fine as of now, unless a lot of people start complaining about it.
01:12:600 (1,2,3,4) - Let's say, I probably get why you spaced them this far away, but I think it's kinda unnecessary and seems like a "sudden" jump :/ I can see what you are talking about... I still want to see what other people say about tho >_> cuz I still like that pattern. Some reason this isn't one of things I would immediately agree with but neither is it something I would deny

Dunno, these are probably the only things I noticed at this map~, Maybe I denied some things :o
So basically I think you have the ability to go to song setup and increase the AR by 1 akrolsmir xD. Also, while you're at it, could you move 00:06:346 (1) - 1 grid left >_> i realized i screwed something up there. It's probably more annoying to make you download the thing and put it in the folder than you actually going in and fixing the simlpe things. i mean if you don't want to i wouldn't mind fixing myself tho lol

akrolsmir wrote:

Unfortunately, hitsounding is not my strong point T.T Any suggestions?
well, by looking at the hitsounds, it kind of looks like you placed them randomly. (if you didn't, well sorry :() Usually, people seem to use it in a pattern, kind of like a drum beat. like every other beat in the measure, they have a clap or a whistle, etc. sometimes hitsounds follow vocals or the music as well, so it's not really in a true pattern.

oh yea, it should also follow the music (obviously). as in, maybe as the music gets more epic, you could use a clap every other 1/1 tick rather than every other 2/1 tick. I'm not an expert on hitsounds either, but i mean, you can always just look at my pattern (which is a little different and more complex. the beginning of my song kind of has a pattern, but not really, so if you really want to see something you can journey to the kiai time and beyond.). Also, if you don't know already, most of the time, you use hitsounds and stuff on the 2nd and 4th beat, not the 1st and 3rd beat (like how the drums in some band usually plays the snare on every other beat).

Edit: Yea, I don't really want to make extra posts, so I'm answering some stuff in this edit...

So, yea. I actually didn't use spacing for that pattern which you said you changed a bit, and it's perfectly fine the way you changed it (honestly i can't tell the difference lol, but when i notice small things like that it really bugs me).

Also, I was bored, so I just changed my avatar to some random thing. (and you didn't really have to give me kudosu, but thanks anyways :D)
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

winber1 wrote:

So basically I think you have the ability to go to song setup and increase the AR by 1 akrolsmir xD. Also, while you're at it, could you move 00:06:346 (1) - 1 grid left >_> i realized i screwed something up there. It's probably more annoying to make you download the thing and put it in the folder than you actually going in and fixing the simlpe things. i mean if you don't want to i wouldn't mind fixing myself tho lol
Both done!

akrolsmir wrote:

Unfortunately, hitsounding is not my strong point T.T Any suggestions?
well, by looking at the hitsounds, it kind of looks like you placed them randomly. (if you didn't, well sorry :()
I didn't actually do it randomly, but my thought process was so convoluted it might as well have been. When my flu dissipates I'll be redoing this, then. And I still have to get to Normal and Easy :(
Edit: Also, changing your avatar = me confused for a split second.

Edit2: And I took the liberty of moving 00:06:020 (3) - 1 grid right as well, under the assumption that spacing in 00:05:694 (1,2,3) - , 00:06:346 (1,2,3) - was supposed to be about 1.6x. Tell me if that isn't right of me, please!
Red_old
Hi ~

Why not use some 1/4 ? (Hard). Also, Insane is really difficult to me :o

nice map Star~
SapphireGhost
Hi, I'm here from #modreqs

[Hard]
00:22:950 (8) - Weird spacing.
00:25:554 (9) - ^

That's mostly it. Once you're done hitsounding this should be technically stable, so have a star.
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

SapphireGhost wrote:

Hi, I'm here from #modreqs

Something I'll keep in mind, but excess ticks just start sounding at inopportune times...

[Hard]
00:22:950 (8) - Weird spacing. Supposed to be an antijump... but fixed anyways.
00:25:554 (9) - ^ ^

That's mostly it. Once you're done hitsounding this should be technically stable, so have a star.
Thanks a lot!
frost-b-spec
m4m!!!

[Hard]
0.16.113(1~) - like this

[Normal]
0.39.391(6) - 1grid down
1.17.158(7) - spacing

[Easy]
don't use red line...
i think not fit.

+star~
Mercurial
This is it.

.-Easy

Nice difficulty

.-Normal

00.05.694 - (1,2,3) Back Slider ()...(<-)

.-Hard

00.07.729 - (9) Remove
00.22.950 - (8) Remove an put a Circle
00.25.554 - (9) ^

.-Winber1's Insane

00.36.136 - (9) Remove

General: Nice beatmap, very short time xD, but BTW, nice beatmap.

Suggestion
Can be better at the final part put a final spin in every difficulties.

Nothing to do here.

Black Star.-
MoodyRPG
[Easy]

- HP: -1
- Approach Rate: -2
- OD: -3

00:55:019 (1) - Maybe new combo?

[Normal]

- HP: 1 Tick
- AR: -1

[Hard]

Fine

Star~
winber1
didn't change anything. Thanks for suggestions tho (I really like that note there and i put it there on purpose. it flows much better when that note is there imo.)
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
Mods+Commentary

frost-b-spec wrote:

m4m!!!

[Hard]
0.16.113(1~) - like this I'll think about this, but I wanted to differentiate it from the earlier segment.

[Normal]
0.39.391(6) - 1grid down I moved 5 instead, I wanted 6 to be dead center
1.17.158(7) - spacing Hm.... I couldn't find a good position to move it to. I'll think about this.

[Easy]
don't use red line...
i think not fit. But it's kind of hard to fit the music without using those :(

+star~

MercurialSpectre wrote:

This is it.

.-Easy
Nice difficulty Thanks!

.-Normal
00.05.694 - (1,2,3) Back Slider ()...(<-) I'll think about it

.-Hard
00.07.729 - (9) Remove Alright, and slider used here
00.22.950 - (8) Remove an put a Circle Nah
00.25.554 - (9) ^ Nah

General: Nice beatmap, very short time xD, but BTW, nice beatmap.

Suggestion
Can be better at the final part put a final spin in every difficulties. Eh, didn't seem to fit.

Nothing to do here.

Black Star.-

MoodyRPG wrote:

[Easy]

- HP: -1
- Approach Rate: -2
- OD: -3
Went with a -1 across all of these.
00:55:019 (1) - Maybe new combo? I thought it already was? It should be now, at any rate.

[Normal]

- HP: 1 Tick if you mean -1, sure.
- AR: -1 OK

[Hard]

Fine

Star~

Thanks, all, for your mods and stars!
Tashi_Scarlett[x]
I'm a beginner so maybe some advice is not necessary:D
General
Lead-in with 1500ms is enough
Unable the count down, it's very weird

Winber1's Insane
AR-1 OD+1(optional)
00:01:462 (7,8) - maybe this is a little anti-jump , don;t care it if you think it's all right
00:02:276 (2) - use whistle maybe a little better
00:04:718 (10) - this finish is not necessary , and add one on 11
00:05:857 (2) - 00:06:508 (2) - maybe i'd love to put this two claps on 3s
00:07:811 (3) - no clap
00:08:136 (4) - a finish
00:11:880 (6,7) - anti(?
00:12:694 (2) - whistle
00:15:136 (11) - clap
00:16:276 (2,2,2) - claps on 3s
00:18:229 (5,6) - this...
00:19:369 (3) - whistle
00:23:601 (10) - nc and delete nc on next note
00:30:438 (1) - no nc and add nc on 00:31:578 (6) -
00:33:857 (1) - no nc and on next note
00:42:159 (1) - maybe a little hurry after a spin
01:02:833 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - nice jump in fact i like
01:07:391 (1) - no clap at beginning but at ending
01:08:042 (1,2,3) - this spacing is weird
others is nice especially the spacing and the hitsounds i like them very much:>
but the some hitsounds before this sound outbeat, there is room to improve :>

Hard
AR-1(Optional) OD-1 CS-1
others is nice but you can choose to raise the distance of the notes during the kiai time
this map's hitsounds are nicer than Insane A LOT :> I like this kind of hitsounds very much
Slider Tick Rate:1

Normal
01:16:507 (6,7) - out of spacing

Easy
Slider Tick Rate:0.5
01:11:949 (4,5,1) - not very good for a beginner

Nice Map ,Star Good luck ;)
GiNa
Hi ;P
I'm not good at modding, so I just want to give you some my opinions.
(Or, I should say, I never mod before.)

[Winber1's Insane]
No suggestion since it is too hard to me.

[Hard]
00:05:043 (10) - I think this one is too close to the previous.
00:15:462 (10) - ^
That's all.

[Normal]
No suggestion too, I think is good already.

[Easy]
Not sure about this one.
First, I played this diff with -15ms.
Then, I tried with 0ms, and they all worked fine.
That's all too.

Btw, you should change your signature info. because it says "Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (WIP),"
I guess you moved to pending already?
Yea,you did, I just looked at your first post.

Nice map, Star! :)
winber1
SPOILER

Tashi_Scarlett[x] wrote:

Winber1's Insane
AR-1 OD+1(optional)
00:01:462 (7,8) - maybe this is a little anti-jump , don;t care it if you think it's all right
00:02:276 (2) - use whistle maybe a little better
00:04:718 (10) - this finish is not necessary , and add one on 11
00:05:857 (2) - 00:06:508 (2) - maybe i'd love to put this two claps on 3s mmm k, i like it better too :3
00:07:811 (3) - no clap k
00:08:136 (4) - a finish
00:11:880 (6,7) - anti(?
00:12:694 (2) - whistle
00:15:136 (11) - clap
00:16:276 (2,2,2) - claps on 3s k
00:18:229 (5,6) - this... not sure what you are trying to say, but i deleted clap from combo 5
00:19:369 (3) - whistle
00:23:601 (10) - nc and delete nc on next note
00:30:438 (1) - no nc and add nc on 00:31:578 (6) - did not change just because i like having new combos on the white ticks and i think it's pretty consistent with the rest of the song (also why didn't you comment about this in hard? ;_;)
00:33:857 (1) - no nc and on next note
00:42:159 (1) - maybe a little hurry after a spin
01:02:833 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - nice jump in fact i like
01:07:391 (1) - no clap at beginning but at ending there already is a clap at the end. anyways, i changed it a bit to fit with the rest of the song better
01:08:042 (1,2,3) - this spacing is weird
others is nice especially the spacing and the hitsounds i like them very much:>
but the some hitsounds before this sound outbeat, there is room to improve :>

The rest i didn't change sorry :( I like most of the hiitsounds.
Thanks for suggestions!

LesTrucsRoses
No problems found in all diffs. good job.
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
3 More Mods+Commentary

Tashi_Scarlett[x] wrote:

I'm a beginner so maybe some advice is not necessary:D
No, please point out anything that bothers you, it's great seeing what newer players think about my maps, because they're underrepresented in the modding population.
General
Lead-in with 1500ms is enough Sure why not.
Unable the count down, it's very weird Good catch!

Hard
AR-1(Optional) OD-1 CS-1 Just went with OD-1. I like the CS how it is and I think most people prefer AR 8
others is nice but you can choose to raise the distance of the notes during the kiai time I'll keep this in mind for future maps but it's too much of a bother for this one.
this map's hitsounds are nicer than Insane A LOT :> I like this kind of hitsounds very much Wow, that's the first time somebody said that about my hitsounds. I think they're kind of random but I'm glad you liked it :D
Slider Tick Rate:1 Silenced ticks on this map instead.

Normal
01:16:507 (6,7) - out of spacing Second time that's been brought up, so I went ahead and fixed it.

Easy
Slider Tick Rate:0.5 Nah, I think the ticks fit.
01:11:949 (4,5,1) - not very good for a beginner Thanks for the input! This is the kind of thing I'm always curious about and it's good to know. Also, did you think the notes on red ticks were too confusing for beginners?

Nice Map ,Star Good luck ;)

gina91189 wrote:

Hi ;P
I'm not good at modding, so I just want to give you some my opinions.
(Or, I should say, I never mod before.)
Cool! :) Keep on modding, it's a great way to help others and get others to help you.

[Winber1's Insane]
No suggestion since it is too hard to me. Lol me too.

[Hard]
00:05:043 (10) - I think this one is too close to the previous. Eh... I don't want to delete the last two antijumps on this map...
00:15:462 (10) - ^ ^
That's all.

[Normal]
No suggestion too, I think is good already.

[Easy]
Not sure about this one.
First, I played this diff with -15ms.
Then, I tried with 0ms, and they all worked fine.
That's all too. Well, it's easy, so...

Btw, you should change your signature info. because it says "Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (WIP),"
I guess you moved to pending already?
Yea,you did, I just looked at your first post. Lol, someone reads my sig! I'll make sure to update this, thanks.

Nice map, Star! :)

LesTrucsRose wrote:

No problems found in all diffs. good job. Thanks for the complement and the check!

Thanks, all, for the mods and stars! I'm not actually sure how Tashi and gina came across my map- I don't remember posting in a queue for you two- so thanks all the more! And finally, a shout-out to winber1, who is awesome because he always updates his diff without me even needing to ask- and beat me to updating this time! :?
ziin
[general]
you can't silence sliderticks and sliderslide. You can get away with just silencing sliderslide, but this is bad form and should be avoided.
You can also set a background color to something other than default (not that anyone sees it without deleteing the background).

[easy]
00:21:485 - add note
00:21:648 (2) - move to 00:21:810
right now it's too hard for easy.
00:27:508 - repeating slider with 2 repeats
00:27:020 (2) - circle
In general, easy difficulties you want to avoid red ticks at all costs. It's just awkward. The reason you can do it on harder difficulties is because you have more notes to help you figure out the rhythm. Please look through this and follow the white tick beats rather than the vocals on the red tick.

[normal]
looks good

[hard]
this is insane

[insane]
00:41:996 - suddenly, out of nowhere the map goes from "meh", to "holy crap this is hard", then back to "meh" again.
Other than that part, I'd rather have the map on ar8, but I understand you need ar9 for the hard part.

[storyboard]
I made you a simple kiai SB to fit your background. Hope you don't mind it, and I don't think you need an epilepsy warning with it.
http://puu.sh/2pZR
Chacha17
Hi!

General
-What are the words "happy" and "hardcore" doing in the tags? I mean, I don't think they're relevant. (correct me if I'm wrong)
-remove unused .osb file and fully submit

Easy

00:30:601 - end the spinner here

Normal

00:28:973 (6) - new combo
00:49:810 (1) - remove clap at slider's end
01:02:019 (5) - a bit OP'd. maybe move it to the left so that it follows a zigzag path all throughout? (http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/96537)
01:05:437 (4) - new combo

Hard - AR - 1

00:39:391 (12) - remove and start spinner at that spot. Make sure the spinner ends at 00:41:345. Don't forget to silence it
00:41:670 - add a beat and add a soft finish sound
00:41:996 - add a beat
....(suggesting these because your current pattern makes it hard for players to hit that 1/2 note right after the spinner. Even though it's placed on the middle, it's still a tad hard for a "Hard")
00:49:321 (6) - remove clap and add finish
...aside from that, nice map ;)

Insane - for the love of God, AR - 1

00:01:462 (7,8) - unintuitive jump o_o
...gah IMO, a bit overmapped. Also, the claps made my ears bleed. You should add in some whistles at some points.

Pretty maps here! :D
ziin

Chacha17 wrote:

Hi!

General
-What are the words "happy" and "hardcore" doing in the tags? I mean, I don't think they're relevant. (correct me if I'm wrong)
-remove unused .osb file and fully submit
happy hardcore is a genre which almost all nightcore songs fit in.
stop telling people to delete empty osb files.
Kurowolfe
Hi there~
Got your mod4mod request, and here you go:

[General]
The beginning of the song itself made me ROFL, the piano sounds so.... tipsy XD

[Easy]
I'm not really a fan of mapping an Easy to follow the singer most of the time, but that's your style, I think =D

0'07''322 - I think it sounds better with a finish at the end, rather than a whistle.
0'08''787 - Maybe you should remove the finish at the end, and add a whistle at the beginning. Just a suggestion BTW.
0'17''741 & 0'19''206 - Same as above two.
0'38''577 - Add a whistle here.
1'17''809 - I'd rather that you use a reverse slider here, like before this.

Not bad!

[Normal]
0'03''578 - Add a whistle here.
0'07''648 - Move the whistle hitsound from the end to the beginning, to suit the tipsy piano XD
0'08''625 - If you like the above suggestion, try this pattern for this reverse slider: normal-normal-whistle-normal-finish
0'13''997 - Add a whistle here.
0'18''066 - Same as in 0'07''648.
0'19''043 - Same as in 0'08''625.
0'26''043 - Add a whistle at the end.
0'27''020 - ^
0'27''833 - Add whistles at the beginning and the end.
The three mods above will help to fill in the othewise hitsound-less part.
0'28''647 - Move this to 0'28''485, it sounds better IMO.
0'36''461 - The long slider feels out of place, try this one ->
0'37''926 - Add whistles at the beginning and the end.
0'38''903 - Add one here too.
0'49''810 - Add a clap at the beginning.
1'00''228 - ^

[Hard]
0'49''484 - Maybe add a note here, with a clap on it?
1'06''088 - Maybe shorten this slider to end at 1'06''251 instead?

[Winber1's Insane]
The kiai part sounds more like a Taiko Oni diff than an osu! one with all the claps, I think. Just noting this.

0'37''763 - Add a clap here.
0'37''298 - Add a clap at the beginning.

Mostly hitsound mods, coz I've been really picky with hitsounds lately and more lenient with notes placements and styles. /orz

Quite a unique song, and the maps certainly reflect this quality. I quite like the change in style, so a star for you guys~
All the best! :D
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
ziin's mod

ziin wrote:

[general]
you can't silence sliderticks and sliderslide. You can get away with just silencing sliderslide, but this is bad form and should be avoided.
Asked around on #modhelp, and it seems like silent sliderticks are acceptable but only for a short time. I hope the instrumental section, before vocals kick in, counts as a short time, so changed Hard back to default, non-silent ticks after that.
You can also set a background color to something other than default (not that anyone sees it without deleteing the background).
Oh, I knew this, I just figured no one cared. Oh well, I'll make it purple or something :P .

[easy]
00:21:485 - add note
00:21:648 (2) - move to 00:21:810
right now it's too hard for easy.
00:27:508 - repeating slider with 2 repeats
00:27:020 (2) - circle
In general, easy difficulties you want to avoid red ticks at all costs. It's just awkward. The reason you can do it on harder difficulties is because you have more notes to help you figure out the rhythm. Please look through this and follow the white tick beats rather than the vocals on the red tick.
Thanks for the heads-up! I might not use these specific suggestions but I'll go through and fix it to be easier and have more notes fall on white ticks. I'm not sure if I will change all of them, though. Also, I hope ending on a red tick is acceptable if it's a slider.

[normal]
looks good That's a relief.

[hard]
this is insane Do you mean I should rename this "Insane"? or just that this is really hard? (because I thought it was pretty easy, but then again I mapped it so I know where everything is and so forth)

[insane]
00:41:996 - suddenly, out of nowhere the map goes from "meh", to "holy crap this is hard", then back to "meh" again. Yeah, that was basically my reaction to this :D
Other than that part, I'd rather have the map on ar8, but I understand you need ar9 for the hard part.

[storyboard]
I made you a simple kiai SB to fit your background. Hope you don't mind it, and I don't think you need an epilepsy warning with it.
http://puu.sh/2pZR Thanks a lot! It's simplistic and not distracting while functioning and suiting the map quite well.
Thanks for the mod and star, and particularly for the nice SB!

Oh, and finally:

ziin wrote:

happy hardcore is a genre which almost all nightcore songs fit in.
stop telling people to delete empty osb files.
Yes, you're right on both counts, thanks for clearing that up. (although this technically isn't a Nightcore map, the style is pretty similar) Oh, and the empty osb will soon be a... not empty osb thanks to your SB.

I'll edit this in response to the other two mods as soon as I'm done with the rest. Thanks, guys!

Edit: Now fixed up:

Chacha17's mod

Chacha17 wrote:

Hi!

General
-remove unused .osb file and fully submit These two answered by ziin

Easy

00:30:601 - end the spinner here Nah, it doesn't seem to fit.

Normal

00:28:973 (6) - new combo Good idea, I didn't think about that.
00:49:810 (1) - remove clap at slider's end I think I'll keep it there for consistency
01:02:019 (5) - a bit OP'd. maybe move it to the left so that it follows a zigzag path all throughout? (http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/96537) It wasn't meant to have a clean pattern anyways... but sure, why not.
01:05:437 (4) - new combo Nah, for consistency with the other combos.

Hard - AR - 1 I don't know... for kind of faster maps isn't it better to have a faster AR?

00:39:391 (12) - remove and start spinner at that spot. Make sure the spinner ends at 00:41:345. Don't forget to silence it
00:41:670 - add a beat and add a soft finish sound
00:41:996 - add a beat
....(suggesting these because your current pattern makes it hard for players to hit that 1/2 note right after the spinner. Even though it's placed on the middle, it's still a tad hard for a "Hard") I didn't think it was that bad, since it's 1/2 beat away which is the same spacing as most of the map. If I get more people pointing this out I'll change it, though.
00:49:321 (6) - remove clap and add finish Nah, again consistency
...aside from that, nice map ;) Thanks a lot!
ade my ears bleed. You should add in some whistles at some points.

Pretty maps here! :D Thanks!

kurohacker's mod

kurohacker wrote:

Hi there~
Got your mod4mod request, and here you go:

[General]
The beginning of the song itself made me ROFL, the piano sounds so.... tipsy XDYeah, it's part of what I love about the song :D

[Easy]
I'm not really a fan of mapping an Easy to follow the singer most of the time, but that's your style, I think =D Well, it's changed now, so...

0'07''322 - I think it sounds better with a finish at the end, rather than a whistle. Good idea, changed.
0'08''787 - Maybe you should remove the finish at the end, and add a whistle at the beginning. Just a suggestion BTW. Kept the finish but also added the whistle.
0'17''741 & 0'19''206 - Same as above two. Changed like above
0'38''577 - Add a whistle here. Cool, added.
1'17''809 - I'd rather that you use a reverse slider here, like before this. Used a circle+short slider instead

Not bad!

[Normal]
0'03''578 - Add a whistle here. Added
0'07''648 - Move the whistle hitsound from the end to the beginning, to suit the tipsy piano XD Okay
0'08''625 - If you like the above suggestion, try this pattern for this reverse slider: normal-normal-whistle-normal-finish Nice! Added.
0'13''997 - Add a whistle here. Should that have been at 00:14:322? for consistency with the first one?
0'18''066 - Same as in 0'07''648.
0'19''043 - Same as in 0'08''625.All three fixed like above.
0'26''043 - Add a whistle at the end.
0'27''020 - ^
0'27''833 - Add whistles at the beginning and the end.
The three mods above will help to fill in the othewise hitsound-less part. All done
0'28''647 - Move this to 0'28''485, it sounds better IMO. That's how it originally was, fixed.
0'36''461 - The long slider feels out of place, try this one -> [attachment=0:c1643]field 1.JPG[/attachment:c1643] Hm... fits better, added.
0'37''926 - Add whistles at the beginning and the end.
0'38''903 - Add one here too. Okay, added
0'49''810 - Add a clap at the beginning. Sure, why not.
1'00''228 - ^ ^

[Hard]
0'49''484 - Maybe add a note here, with a clap on it? No thanks, I like the brief pause there.
1'06''088 - Maybe shorten this slider to end at 1'06''251 instead? Shortened this.

Mostly hitsound mods, coz I've been really picky with hitsounds lately and more lenient with notes placements and styles. /orz
That's great, I was hoping someone would have the time to take a look at the hitsounding.
Quite a unique song, and the maps certainly reflect this quality. I quite like the change in style, so a star for you guys~
All the best! :D

Thanks to Chacha17 and kurohacker for the mods!
Kurowolfe

akrolsmir wrote:

[
[quote="kurohacker"]
0'13''997 - Add a whistle here. Should that have been at 00:14:322? for consistency with the first one?
Oops, sorry bout that XD Yup, you're totally right
winber1

kurohacker wrote:

[Winber1's Insane]

0'37''298 - Add a clap at the beginning.
I don't understand. You must have gotten the timing of this note wrong. There's no note here lol xD. Also, i can't play taiko for my life, so i do not know anything about making taiko maps and stuff; I just mapped what sounded good to me.

@ChaCha: I think the claps are fine too, and tbh, i don't like the whistle sound all the much.

Didn't change much but here! updated:

(Thanks for suggestions!:3)

show more