forum

Force & Styles - Field of Dreams

posted
Total Posts
show more
CMP
interesting pattern.......

good~!~!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my pending map -> http://osu.ppy.sh/s/31388
Hellzero
General
Make full submit coz i dont have insane

Colin Hou wrote:

don't use muted sliderslide and slidertick at the same while.
Easy
Nothing~

Hard
00:08:625 (5) - move like this? Nothing major again

Winber1's Insane
AR -1?
00:39:554 (1) - end at 00:41:670 (maybe silent)
and 00:41:996 - add note here
Leorda
Hello, Mr. Coding Master

General
* Your diff spread seems unbalanced, since it's E-H-I. I have no idea how to resolve this DDDDDD:
* I have an idea. How about you put a star SB in the sky while kiai times?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Easy
00:08:787 (5) - How about move this to 00:08:625? It's follow the music, so beginner player would easier to click this
00:19:206 (5) - Move to 00:19:043? So it's follow the music

Hard
00:03:578 (1) - This object is touch the HP Bar, and it said on new guidelines~
00:30:438 (2) - New combo, since previous slider is a slow slider
00:39:391 (7) - New combo for changing timing pattern (?)
01:05:274 (6) - New combo
01:05:437 (1) - Remove new combo

That's all folks'
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
@ chamelepeace710- I just came back from a hiatus too to start work on this again. Conveniently timed!
I'll think about the suggestion for volumes- I'd actually never noticed it before.

Hellzero wrote:

General
Make full submit coz i dont have insane Erm... try to redownload? I'm pretty sure I have full submitted

Colin Hou wrote:

don't use muted sliderslide and slidertick at the same while.
Thanks, but I think I no longer do this...
Easy
Nothing~

Hard
00:08:625 (5) - move like this? Nothing major again
No thanks, I like the off-center there.

No changes yet, but thanks for the effort and I'll kudos if Winber uses something. And i'll definitely look at your map too.

Leorda wrote:

Hello, Mr. Coding Master lol that's reserved for peppy. Or would that be Coding God?

General
* Your diff spread seems unbalanced, since it's E-H-I. I have no idea how to resolve this DDDDDD: Well, hard and insane used to be normal and hard, respectively, and they are on the easier side IMO. Should I change the names back?
* I have an idea. How about you put a star SB in the sky while kiai times?
I, er, don't actually know how to SB unfortunately... but it does sound like a good idea.

Easy
00:08:787 (5) - How about move this to 00:08:625? It's follow the music, so beginner player would easier to click this Tried, but I think there is a lot more emphasis on the white tick so I'll leave it there
00:19:206 (5) - Move to 00:19:043? So it's follow the music Same as above

Hard
00:03:578 (1) - This object is touch the HP Bar, and it said on new guidelines~ Er, it's not even touching on the default skin, and should be decently visible on others, but I"ll keep this in mind.
00:30:438 (2) - New combo, since previous slider is a slow slider
00:39:391 (7) - New combo for changing timing pattern (?) I don't understand "changing timing pattern", but added ( I can see a reason for it to be there)
01:05:274 (6) - New combo
01:05:437 (1) - Remove new combo Done, and for the others as well.

That's all folks'
Thanks, Leorda!
ziin
you can call hard normal+.

As for SB star, I have no idea. If you want to include the stars in the flash, just edit the image to include the stars. If you want to put in some rotating stars or something like that, I can do that, but I don't think that would look very good.
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

ziin wrote:

you can call hard normal+.
I thought "difficulty+" titles were generally abhorred?
selimsrm
I see mixed things on the difficulty+ topic.( Make it hard- :P )

You could always shift the difficulties; hard to normal, insane to hard, and leave Winber1's Insane as it is.
That's always an option.

Whatever you decide.
Fun song, love insane :D

+star (if I could)
Due to stars being useless, they are currently being phased on. More details will follow soon.
Breeze
Hi there

[SB]
  1. I love your simple but beautiful SB, maybe make the H.png up and down a bit when it effect would be better? Just a suggestion
[Hard]
  1. 00:44:601 (1) - Remove clap seems better
  2. 00:45:089 (1) - How about add clap here and remove clap of 00:44:601 to fit previous 00:43:135 (1) hitsound?
[Insane]
  1. 01:07:391 (7) - Add clap here
  2. 01:12:600 (7) - ^
[Winber1's Insane]
  1. 00:41:996 spinner - Add finish
nice map
Due to stars being useless, they are currently being phased on. More details will follow soon.
OzzyOzrock
[General]
Is the offset right? Doesn't it feel like 308? Answer is yes!

[Easy]
01:07:377 (2,3) - Don't you feel this easier to read: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/132896

But good job.
[Hard]
Looks good.

Very moe!
[Insane]
I like the hitsounds. Lol.

Good job heeererere.
[Winber1's Insane]
holy moe map

this is moe
why can't i mod these sorts of mapsafffsdafsfasg
[wmf's Taiko]
So hard to mod non-color coded taikos lol

As much as you seem to like doing audio for taiko maps, perhaps you should keep it all at 100%
I am going to mod this like those people that point out a lot of notes and stuff.

00:01:299 (6) - katu
00:03:904 (20) - don
00:31:008 - don here?
00:34:915 - don here?
00:44:845 - don here?
00:46:798 - don here?
00:53:147 - don here?
00:55:751 - don here?
00:57:054 - don here?
01:05:763 (147) - katu
01:12:274 (190) - katu?
01:13:088 (195) - katu?

lol yeah. Wish I could star...
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

Breeze wrote:

Hi there

[SB]
  1. I love your simple but beautiful SB, maybe make the H.png up and down a bit when it effect would be better? Just a suggestion
Credit goes to ziin again, and it's up to him I guess if he wants to change it like this.

[Hard]
  1. 00:44:601 (1) - Remove clap seems better
  2. 00:45:089 (1) - How about add clap here and remove clap of 00:44:601 to fit previous 00:43:135 (1) hitsound?
Thanks for the suggestion, I opted to keep the first clap but also add the second one.

[Insane]
  1. 01:07:391 (7) - Add clap here
  2. 01:12:600 (7) - ^
Both added, and some others as well

nice map
Thanks, Breeze!

OzzyOzrock wrote:

[General]
Is the offset right? Doesn't it feel like 308? Answer is yes!
Er, that's a bit drastic... I'll wait and see if anyone else thinks so before I change it.

[Easy]
01:07:377 (2,3) - Don't you feel this easier to read: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/132896
Sure, changed.

But good job.
[Hard]
Looks good.

Very moe!
[Insane]
I like the hitsounds. Lol.

Good job heeererere.
Thanks for the encouragement and Taiko mod!
wmfchris
Difficulty setting:

Feel free to put CS and AR at highest rate if you want (though for myself I won't put them at 10 just because there's always some diff harder than my taiko then it's not a must to put it at last)

But I need OD 6 :3 because OD reflects the difficulty of diff so it should fit the overall hardness of the song, putting OD5 on every taiko map is just like putting OD 5 in an insane diff. : <

seems I have quite a lot of inadquate stuffs in my taiko diff, let's check it out:

00:01:299 (6) - katu The melody is like A-D-E-F here a generally upward one, dddk and dkdk would both be acceptable here, since the next one is kdkdk, I would keep this unchanged.
00:03:904 (20) - don Similar arguement, change to kkddk
00:31:008 - don here? k
00:34:915 - don here? k
00:44:845 - don here? =>kkd
00:46:798 - don here? k
00:53:147 - don here?
00:55:751 - don here?
00:57:054 - don here?
It seems that these are referring the melodic arrangement repeating in the background, so repeating them too many times would be boring, changed some of them...
01:05:763 (147) - katu next phrase => dkd d k d
01:12:274 (190) - katu? The melodic rise of this one is less significantly than the next k so no change.
01:13:088 (195) - katu? ^
and self modding
00:14:159 - k
00:19:043 - d d kkd d
00:48:345 - K
00:58:763 - ^
01:11:623 - k

and about the timing, let printscreen speaks

323 is rather accurate comparing with 308.

Download: Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (Short Ver.) (akrolsmir) [Wmf's Taiko].osu
ziin

akrolsmir wrote:

Breeze wrote:

Hi there

[SB]
Credit goes to ziin again, and it's up to him I guess if he wants to change it like this.
Something so simple doesn't need my permission to edit, go ahead and do whatever you want with it (though I understand you don't know much about SBs).

I'm not 100% on what breeze was asking, but I don't think bouncing lights do very much. They're not boobs or anything.

One thing I've learned though is additive colouring:
_P,0,0,,A
This will make the white lights a little bit more "white" since it bypasses the default osu fade out. Try it out to see if you like the way it looks. You may have to change the second "0" to match when kiai starts.
Megurine Luka
Hello, My mod. :)
All suggestions. Make sure you find the best way to fix your map. :D

[General]
Better for you to map a normal.
Personally think your Hard setting is a little bit harder for a normal diff (AR&OD setting). Some notes are also harder for Normal.
So my suggestion is to map a normal.
Try to make a balance. XD

[Easy]
00:08:787 (5) - same with below. I write the next one first so..
00:19:206 (5) - move to 00:19:043 and end at 00:19:694
Nice mapset

Tried Hid+DT+HR for u. Hard to catch up the beats from 00:31:578 (1) - 00:35:973 (3)
It's probably because the distance is hard to recognize.
It works well in no mod anyway.

[Hard]
Sorry can not find anything wrong.
Maybe it's a little bit easier for a hard map.

[Insane]
Nothing wrong

[Winber1's insane]

AR-1 sounds more fit

Nice map overall.
By the way I will ask the player who whas Hatsune Miku account whether he want to be a modder or not. :D
Actually I really need help in academic writing. :D
Topic Starter
akrolsmir
@wmfchris- Thanks for updating! And kudos for timing, I'll leave it at 323 then.

@ziin- I tried the effect, but I think it makes the SB too prominent, I prefer the softer glow.

Megurine Luka wrote:

Hello, My mod. :)
All suggestions. Make sure you find the best way to fix your map. :D

[General]
Better for you to map a normal.
Personally think your Hard setting is a little bit harder for a normal diff (AR&OD setting). Some notes are also harder for Normal.
So my suggestion is to map a normal.
Try to make a balance. XD

[Easy]
00:08:787 (5) - same with below. I write the next one first so..
00:19:206 (5) - move to 00:19:043 and end at 00:19:694 I was against this, but others have said this as well so I guess I'll change it.
Nice mapset

Tried Hid+DT+HR for u. Hard to catch up the beats from 00:31:578 (1) - 00:35:973 (3)
It's probably because the distance is hard to recognize.
It works well in no mod anyway.

[Hard]
Sorry can not find anything wrong.
Maybe it's a little bit easier for a hard map.

[Insane]
Nothing wrong
[color=#FF8000]

Nice map overall.
By the way I will ask the player who whas Hatsune Miku account whether he want to be a modder or not. :D
Actually I really need help in academic writing. :D
Lol. Thanks for the mod! Feel free to send me an english essay or something if you want me to look over it.
Megurine Luka
Thanks XDD.

I'm now international undergraduate freshman in USA so I really need help.

It's so nice of you :D
Nymph
Hi Nymph here and request from: The Challenge Queue~

General:
Nothing Found~

Easy:
00:27:833 (3) - suggest add whistle on the head of slider 3.
00:38:252 (3) - same.
00:48:507 (3) - strongly suggest a whistle on the arrow of this slider.
00:51:112 (3) - same

Hard:
No issues to pick. Just a suggestion:
Why the Kiai is so empty....I strongly suggest to add more notes there. It just feel weird than kiai part is even easier than other part.

Insane:
00:28:322 (7) - whistle? to fit with the same pattern before.
00:29:787 (4) - hitsound seems didn't connect well here. I suggest to add whistle on 3 and the head of the slider on 4.
00:42:484 (2) - I think the whistle on this slider is good. But you use short slider instead of this slider in the following patterns. Not bad, but I just personal think some of the places need whistle, but didn't sound well in short sliders..
For example: 00:44:926 (2). Feel little empty cause no whistle here. but whistle on short slider didn't feel good to, so I suggest to long ones. I think maybe they are more suitable.
01:13:251 (1) - maybe finish on the head of this slider. Because too many same pattern here. A finish would be pretty nice imo.

Winber1's Insane:
AR8 seems more comfortable for me...but just personal feeling.
00:42:159 (1) - This note is really hard to get because of the spinner..Seems too far to click T.T maybe move it more nearer to the center?
Other's all fine.Good Job!

And I think this is all I found.
Simple sb is very good for this song (I will never tell you I hate shining SB~) :P star for you~ good luck!
winber1

Nymph_ wrote:

Winber1's Insane:
AR8 seems more comfortable for me...but just personal feeling. lol i guess majority wants AR 8 so i'll change it
00:42:159 (1) - This note is really hard to get because of the spinner..Seems too far to click T.T maybe move it more nearer to the center?
Other's all fine.Good Job! i just switched the places of combo 1 and 3 lulz
i also added that finish to the end of that spinner before the kiai time. However, I didn't want to change that spinner, so i didn't apply Hellzero's mod.

most of the mods say basically the same thing so i didn't quote much lol.

Thanks for modding! :3

Download: Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (Short Ver.) (akrolsmir) [Winber1's Insane].osu
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

Nymph_ wrote:

Hi Nymph here and request from: The Challenge Queue~

General:
Nothing Found~

Easy:
00:27:833 (3) - suggest add whistle on the head of slider 3. I don't know why I removed it in the first place :P added.
00:38:252 (3) - same. ^
00:48:507 (3) - strongly suggest a whistle on the arrow of this slider. Added
00:51:112 (3) - same ^

Hard:
No issues to pick. Just a suggestion:
Why the Kiai is so empty....I strongly suggest to add more notes there. It just feel weird than kiai part is even easier than other part.
That's because it used to be a normal... but I agree. Notes added.

Insane:
00:28:322 (7) - whistle? to fit with the same pattern before. Nah, since there's a whistle right before it.
00:29:787 (4) - hitsound seems didn't connect well here. I suggest to add whistle on 3 and the head of the slider on 4. Did just the latter.
00:42:484 (2) - I think the whistle on this slider is good. But you use short slider instead of this slider in the following patterns. Not bad, but I just personal think some of the places need whistle, but didn't sound well in short sliders..
For example: 00:44:926 (2). Feel little empty cause no whistle here. but whistle on short slider didn't feel good to, so I suggest to long ones. I think maybe they are more suitable.I couldn't think of a good way to change this, so I'll leave as is for now.
01:13:251 (1) - maybe finish on the head of this slider. Because too many same pattern here. A finish would be pretty nice imo. Okay, added.

And I think this is all I found.
Simple sb is very good for this song (I will never tell you I hate shining SB~) :P star for you~ good luck!
Thanks for the star and mod, particularly the hitsound suggestions!

And welcome back, winber :) ! We missed you.
Sakura
Hello there, just popping in to say that providing Backgrounds or skin elements shouldn't be kudosu'd, only mods, just informing you in case you didnt know :P
*walks away*
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

Sakura Hana wrote:

Hello there, just popping in to say that providing Backgrounds or skin elements shouldn't be kudosu'd, only mods, just informing you in case you didnt know :P
*walks away*
I got an irrational urge to kudos this post :P

Noted, thanks. (I guess I'll have to resort to using words to express my gratitude.)
Cheater Hater
Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (Short Ver.)

Note: This is my first time modding anything, so my modding style might be different than others. Also, I'm not an Insane player, so my mods for that might not be relevant at all.

General:
Why haven't you replaced all the hitsounds in the folder? The fact that you replaced the slider slide/tick means you have an idea what you want the song to sound like, but as a modder I can't tell.

Easy:
00:02:276 (3) - This slider feels like it should end at 00:02:764, but you have the emphasis on beat 4 with all difficulties--you feel that five-note sequence (beat 2.5-4.5) as "pah-BOOM-pah-BOOM-pah" and I feel it as "pah-BOOM-pah-pah-BOOM"

00:08:787 (5) - All of these notes seem the same strength (other than the end), so it feels like the slider should cover all of them--this may be a necessary concession to Easy though (even though it feels like a harder than average easy--not that that's a bad thing since you don't have a normal).

00:12:694 (4) - Same as 00:02:276--though oddly it feels a bit less clashing to me here :/

00:19:206 (5) - Same as 00:08:787.

00:39:391 (1) - I don't like having such a long spinner mid-song in an easy--you could end it on 00:41:345 and put a circle on 00:41:996.

01:23:018 (3) - Why is the last beat a new combo on every difficulty except this one? I'm not sure how best to remedy it--maybe just use three circles instead?

Hard:
00:02:602 (4) - This isn't nearly as bad as the it is on Easy, since you're actually doing stuff on that note--I'd still stack it to hit both notes if you decide to change the emphasis on that string.

00:30:926 (3) - There should be a hitsound at the start of the slider to emphasize the switch in polarity (red to white)--I'm trying a clap and it works a bit better.

00:39:391 (7,1) - This feels like an easier hard to me, so I don't like having a note so close in front of the spinner--then again, I'm not sure how to fix it (since the climax of the phrase is on the downbeat, so you don't really want to put the spinner there).

Insane (see note above):
General: This map doesn't feel like a real insane to me--the majority of the map feels like a fast hard with some insane elements thrown in just to make it insane. If I was mapping this set, I would tone down your hard a bit to make it your normal, then tone this down by removing all the insane elements to make it a (admittedly harder than average) hard, and leaving the other insane as is. I'd do this by lowering some of the difficulty settings in both and removing a lot of the passing notes (notes not really connected to the vocals/melody, but just to fill in some of the dead spaces) in Insane, but since I have a feeling you wouldn't do this, I'll leave the specifics out unless you ask.

00:20:834 (1,2) - The transition from melody to vocals here feels really awkward, especially since the next part of the combo doesn't feel connected to the vocals (00:21:810 (5) isn't in the vocals but is a circle, while 00:21:973 (6) misses a vocal). If you're keeping this insane I'd add circles on 00:20:671 and 00:20:996 (leaving hit sounds
as is to differentiate the vocals).

00:21:810 (5,6) - 5 feels even more out of place if you do the other mod, and if you remove that, the slider emphasizes "in" most prominently, which doesn't deserve much stress at all--6 could be replaced with 3 circles and it should sound much better.

00:39:066 (10,11) - These passing notes really distract from the buildup--I'd say remove them, but I don't know how important keeping a constant stream is in an Insane.

01:09:507 (6,7,8) - These circles are fine, but I don't like stacking all three like that--maybe moving 7 to the left (so it's like center-left-center-slider) would be better, since the music's still moving.

Winber1's Insane:
Sorry, but there's no way I can do this justice, since it's an insane made to be super-hard, and thus can break most rules in the book--everything it's doing appears to make sense (once you assume random jumps are just part of insane), so it should be fine.

Wmf's Taiko:
I have almost no experience with Taiko unfortunately--most of the patterns sound nice, though the only question I have is why the patterns get much slower at then end when the music hasn't slowed down from the chorus?

Anyway, that was interesting for my first mod ever--there was more to write about than I thought for a map with so many posts already.
Crimmi
Modding,CrimmiStyle!!

Hai Teammate~ (I might nazi a bit here so look out):

[Easy]

Nothing~

[Hard]

Nothing~

[Insane]

00:33:368 (7) - Align with (5)?
00:35:647 (6) - Align with (5)?

The rest of the map is ok.

[Winber1's Insane]

00:01:462 (7) - Align with (5).
00:02:113 (1,2,3,4,5) - This pattern is rather confusing.

nice difficulty.

I got nothing on Taiko since it's wmfchris 8-) so i'll give you a C-Star for your hard work.
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

Cheater Hater wrote:

Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (Short Ver.)

Note: This is my first time modding anything, so my modding style might be different than others. Also, I'm not an Insane player, so my mods for that might not be relevant at all.

General:
Why haven't you replaced all the hitsounds in the folder? The fact that you replaced the slider slide/tick means you have an idea what you want the song to sound like, but as a modder I can't tell. Oh, those are silent files, to remove the sound of sliderslide and slidertick at the beginning when the song is quieter.

Easy:
00:02:276 (3) - This slider feels like it should end at 00:02:764, but you have the emphasis on beat 4 with all difficulties--you feel that five-note sequence (beat 2.5-4.5) as "pah-BOOM-pah-BOOM-pah" and I feel it as "pah-BOOM-pah-pah-BOOM" Hm... tried to implement this change.

00:08:787 (5) - All of these notes seem the same strength (other than the end), so it feels like the slider should cover all of them--this may be a necessary concession to Easy though (even though it feels like a harder than average easy--not that that's a bad thing since you don't have a normal).
I think this was fixed on the upload after Nymph's post. Is it alright now?

00:12:694 (4) - Same as 00:02:276--though oddly it feels a bit less clashing to me here :/ Same comment over there.

00:19:206 (5) - Same as 00:08:787. Same comment over there.

00:39:391 (1) - I don't like having such a long spinner mid-song in an easy--you could end it on 00:41:345 and put a circle on 00:41:996.
Er, I think a longer spinner is better in an easy diff so I'll keep it this way.

01:23:018 (3) - Why is the last beat a new combo on every difficulty except this one? I'm not sure how best to remedy it--maybe just use three circles instead? Good point... I'm a fan of consistency too, but this being an easy I'd prefer just to leave it that way.

Hard:
00:02:602 (4) - This isn't nearly as bad as the it is on Easy, since you're actually doing stuff on that note--I'd still stack it to hit both notes if you decide to change the emphasis on that string. Not sure what you're suggesting here, but I'm pretty happy as it is.

00:30:926 (3) - There should be a hitsound at the start of the slider to emphasize the switch in polarity (red to white)--I'm trying a clap and it works a bit better. Added whistles instead, since I wanted to leave this section clap-free.

00:39:391 (7,1) - This feels like an easier hard to me, so I don't like having a note so close in front of the spinner--then again, I'm not sure how to fix it (since the climax of the phrase is on the downbeat, so you don't really want to put the spinner there).
Spinner immediately after note shouldn't be particularly difficult per se, since it's a decently long spinner so shouldn't be hard to pass.

Insane (see note above):
General: This map doesn't feel like a real insane to me--the majority of the map feels like a fast hard with some insane elements thrown in just to make it insane. If I was mapping this set, I would tone down your hard a bit to make it your normal, then tone this down by removing all the insane elements to make it a (admittedly harder than average) hard, and leaving the other insane as is. I'd do this by lowering some of the difficulty settings in both and removing a lot of the passing notes (notes not really connected to the vocals/melody, but just to fill in some of the dead spaces) in Insane, but since I have a feeling you wouldn't do this, I'll leave the specifics out unless you ask.
Astute observation; this originally was just a hard difficulty, but it turned out to be 5.00 stars so I decided to rename it Insane. I'm fine with it being called an easier Insane or a harder Hard, but I like the way it currently is in terms of mapping style. Winber1's Insane being extremely difficult also helps seperate it from this Insane.

00:20:834 (1,2) - The transition from melody to vocals here feels really awkward, especially since the next part of the combo doesn't feel connected to the vocals (00:21:810 (5) isn't in the vocals but is a circle, while 00:21:973 (6) misses a vocal). If you're keeping this insane I'd add circles on 00:20:671 and 00:20:996 (leaving hit sounds
as is to differentiate the vocals). Okay, added.

00:21:810 (5,6) - 5 feels even more out of place if you do the other mod, and if you remove that, the slider emphasizes "in" most prominently, which doesn't deserve much stress at all--6 could be replaced with 3 circles and it should sound much better.
Nah, I like the way it is currently.

00:39:066 (10,11) - These passing notes really distract from the buildup--I'd say remove them, but I don't know how important keeping a constant stream is in an Insane. I'd like to keep them there for the aforementioned keeping up stream.

01:09:507 (6,7,8) - These circles are fine, but I don't like stacking all three like that--maybe moving 7 to the left (so it's like center-left-center-slider) would be better, since the music's still moving.
Eh, I don't find that kindn of pattern visually appealing, I'll leave as-is.

Anyway, that was interesting for my first mod ever--there was more to write about than I thought for a map with so many posts already.
Great job for your first time, you made a lot of really good suggestions. Thanks!

Crimmi wrote:

Modding,CrimmiStyle!!

Hai Teammate~ (I might nazi a bit here so look out):

[Easy]

Nothing~

[Hard]

Nothing~

[Insane]

00:33:368 (7) - Align with (5)?

00:35:647 (6) - Align with (5)? Nah, that wasn't really the intention in either of them.

The rest of the map is ok.

[Winber1's Insane]

00:01:462 (7) - Align with (5).
00:02:113 (1,2,3,4,5) - This pattern is rather confusing.

nice difficulty.

I got nothing on Taiko since it's wmfchris 8-) so i'll give you a C-Star for your hard work.
Thanks, teammate!
Cheater Hater
pah-BOOM-pah-pah-BOOM: That's what I wanted in Easy--in hard, I was thinking to shorten the slider by a half-beat and adding a circle where the start originally was--this just makes the whistle happen in different places on easy and hard :/

Full sliders: I downloaded this map early Sunday morning and actually did the whole mod offline, so I wouldn't have seen the results of the other mod--that works :)

Thanks for the compliments :)
winber1

Cheater Hater wrote:

once you assume random jumps are just part of insane
what.
they aren't all that random ._.

Crimmi wrote:

[Winber1's Insane]

00:01:462 (7) - Align with (5). it was purposely placed like that... so that combo 6,7,8 are in a straight line. It looks fine to me anyways.
00:02:113 (1,2,3,4,5) - This pattern is rather confusing. I like this pattern tho D:, i'm keeping it for now. it's only going back and forth so it shouldn't be that confusing. I also have another spot similar to this which idk why you didn't comment about.
nothing changed.

Thanks for mods tho!
Cheater Hater

winber1 wrote:

Cheater Hater wrote:

once you assume random jumps are just part of insane
what.
they aren't all that random ._.
That wasn't the best choice of words--I just mean they don't really follow the same rules as a non-super Insane map does--I see what you're doing in a lot of spots, but there's just no way I could mod it at this point.
Breeze
challenge queue mod here

[Easy]
  1. 00:30:926 spinner - no finish seems better
  2. 01:02:833 (1) - I personally don't like clap with finish, sounds noisy, just saying. If you like it, then just keep it
[Insane]
  1. 00:08:136 (8) - Remove finish to fit finish sound you used in Easy and Hardl?
  2. 00:18:555 (8) - ^
  3. 00:21:159 - Starts normal hitsound here sounds better
[Winber1's Insane]
  1. 00:00:974 (4), 00:02:276 (2), 00:03:253 (3), 00:03:904 (7), 00:04:555 (9), 00:08:950 (2) - These clap sounds really odd IMO
  2. 00:11:392 (3), 00:12:694 (2), 00:13:671 (3), 00:14:322 (7), 00:14:973 (10), 00:19:369 (3) - ^
  3. 00:04:718 (10) - Remove finish here, add finish to 11 like how it added in Easy, Hard and Insane
  4. 00:15:136 (11) - Remove finish, add finish to 12
  5. 00:10:415 (2,4) - Use 50% to 2 and 40% to 4 seems fit music more?
  6. 00:21:159 - Start normal hitsound here?
  7. 01:07:553 (1) - Remove this clap to fit your clap partten?
no kds sinice I've already got one
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

Breeze wrote:

challenge queue mod here

[Easy]
  1. 00:30:926 spinner - no finish seems better I agree, fixed
  2. 01:02:833 (1) - I personally don't like clap with finish, sounds noisy, just saying. If you like it, then just keep it Okay, removed the clap.
[Insane]
  1. 00:08:136 (8) - Remove finish to fit finish sound you used in Easy and Hardl? Fixed
  2. 00:18:555 (8) - ^ Fixed
  3. 00:21:159 - Starts normal hitsound here sounds better Good idea- I forgot about that when adding the notes.
Thanks again, Breeze!
winber1
SPOILER

Breeze wrote:

[Winber1's Insane]
  1. 00:00:974 (4), 00:02:276 (2), 00:03:253 (3), 00:03:904 (7), 00:04:555 (9), 00:08:950 (2) - These clap sounds really odd IMO
  2. 00:11:392 (3), 00:12:694 (2), 00:13:671 (3), 00:14:322 (7), 00:14:973 (10), 00:19:369 (3) - ^ ._. they seem fine to me D: i'll leave them like that for now.
  3. 00:04:718 (10) - Remove finish here, add finish to 11 like how it added in Easy, Hard and Insane k
  4. 00:15:136 (11) - Remove finish, add finish to 12 ^
  5. 00:10:415 (2,4) - Use 50% to 2 and 40% to 4 seems fit music more? k
  6. 00:21:159 - Start normal hitsound here? looool why did i not think of that. k
  7. 01:07:553 (1) - Remove this clap to fit your clap partten?that was purposely placed there, it's like kind of a transition thing i guess. I do it again at the end of the song.
no kds sinice I've already got one
Thanks for mod! :3

Download: Force & Styles - Field of Dreams (Short Ver.) (akrolsmir) [Winber1's Insane].osu
Breeze
Good enough for a bubble now
I know my message is too short
still too short lol
winber1

Breeze wrote:

I know my message is too short
still too short lol
lulz

gratz on bubble! :3
Sakura
Oh cool it got bubbled, another map that i dont need to recheck now \o/
Zelos

Sakura Hana wrote:

Oh cool it got bubbled, another map that i dont need to recheck now \o/
Lazeh.
blissfulyoshi
Wondering if anyone could suffer from epilepsy from the sb... your choice
I would probably remove the lines with empty.png from the sb.

Easy:
For the ending combos, you need to keep your combos more consistent. For example, 01:05:437 (4) and 01:08:042 (1) both are at the start of a measure, but one has a new combo and one does not. 01:15:856 (3) has the same scenario. To be consistent with the chorus, I would give 01:05:437 (4) and 01:15:856 (3) new combos and remove teh new combo directly afterward.

Hard:
00:28:973 (1) - half speed was too much of a slowdown for me (esp since I don't think a slow slider is even needed here)

Insane:
00:35:647 (6,2) (nazi) - make these note not overlap because the 300 from 6 overlaps with 2 for a fair bit of time

Winber1's Insane: A lot of complaints about aesthetics, so feel free to ignore me if you really want to keep the map the way it is.
00:06:997 (1,2) - maybe rearrange like this: (makes 3 end exactly on 2's slider and does not intrude on the start of 2)
00:18:066 (4,5,6) - flip these vertically to avoid overlapping 00:16:927 (2)
00:46:554 (6,7,2) - don't like the overlap between these notes
00:49:810 (2) - have this end on the start of 6
I guess I'll stop complaining about aesthetics for now. If you want to fix more, comb through the rest of the map fixing the various overlaps.
01:02:833 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this set of jumps was sort of randomly placed and seemed only to be there for difficulty (don't see the song suggesting anything like this) (To make matters worse, the end of the song gets a lot easier, making this area stick out even more, even though the music is about the same)

Wmf's Taiko: I would remove all the lines with empty.png because they are not needed (I don't know what your plans for the thanks were, but I guess you can keep it.

==================

Not a bad map overall. I mostly only have complaints about Winber's diff, but it is tolerable. I am still undecided on what I should do with the map after the fixes, so fix up what you want and then contact me. I'll guarantee at least a rebubble by the end of it.
winber1

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Winber1's Insane: A lot of complaints about aesthetics, so feel free to ignore me if you really want to keep the map the way it is.
00:06:997 (1,2) - maybe rearrange like this: (makes 3 end exactly on 2's slider and does not intrude on the start of 2) sure
00:18:066 (4,5,6) - flip these vertically to avoid overlapping 00:16:927 (2) sure, but overlaps that are visible only in editor shouldn't be much of a problem... the previous note already disappears by then
00:46:554 (6,7,2) - don't like the overlap between these notes i'll just leave that as is
00:49:810 (2) - have this end on the start of 6 k
I guess I'll stop complaining about aesthetics for now. If you want to fix more, comb through the rest of the map fixing the various overlaps.
01:02:833 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - this set of jumps was sort of randomly placed and seemed only to be there for difficulty (don't see the song suggesting anything like this) (To make matters worse, the end of the song gets a lot easier, making this area stick out even more, even though the music is about the same)i find this fun actually but that's just me. This pattern actually made a lot more sense before i changed the kiai time imo, since this part used to be much easier than the kiai time, and then the map slowly got easier. anyways, i just made it easier for now.
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Wondering if anyone could suffer from epilepsy from the sb... your choice I'll leave it out for now, unless someone strongly objects.
I would probably remove the lines with empty.png from the sb. Actually... they're used by Wmf's Taiko to force the background in front of the other stuff normally found in a taiko diff.

Easy:
For the ending combos, you need to keep your combos more consistent. For example, 01:05:437 (4) and 01:08:042 (1) both are at the start of a measure, but one has a new combo and one does not. 01:15:856 (3) has the same scenario. To be consistent with the chorus, I would give 01:05:437 (4) and 01:15:856 (3) new combos and remove teh new combo directly afterward. Good catch, fixed.

Hard:
00:28:973 (1) - half speed was too much of a slowdown for me (esp since I don't think a slow slider is even needed here) Changed to a full-speed wave slider.

Insane:
00:35:647 (6,2) (nazi) - make these note not overlap because the 300 from 6 overlaps with 2 for a fair bit of time Fixed

Wmf's Taiko: I would remove all the lines with empty.png because they are not needed (I don't know what your plans for the thanks were, but I guess you can keep it. Same note as above, these are needed to put the background in front.

==================

Not a bad map overall. I mostly only have complaints about Winber's diff, but it is tolerable. I am still undecided on what I should do with the map after the fixes, so fix up what you want and then contact me. I'll guarantee at least a rebubble by the end of it.
Thanks a lot, Yoshi! IRC feedback on my style was especially helpful too :D
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Insane:
00:36:787 (3) - make the slider go toward 4 to make the slider look less randomly placed? (No overlaps either)
Comment/Fix it, and I'll rebubble.
Fixed! I had thought about it while mapping this part but worried that it flowed awkwardly, but it appears it'll be fine.
blissfulyoshi
As promised, after way too long, rebubbled! (no need for kds for that really small thing)
Sakura
Hold on a minute why Winber1's Insane doesnt have any storyboard on it unlike the other difficulties?
ziin
because taiko.

I sense a new feature to aibat...
winber1

Sakura Hana wrote:

Hold on a minute why Winber1's Insane doesnt have any storyboard on it unlike the other difficulties?
lol wut, i didn' t even realize that until now.

if you want an updated version with sb... then i guess you can download it below:

Topic Starter
akrolsmir
Wow.

My theory is that everyone was too busy trying to pass the Kiai time to notice the SB (or lack thereof).

Thanks Sakura Hana for catching it, and winber1 for the fix!
Sakura
Alright, as i couldnt find any additional problems anyways, you can consider this Ranked and enjoyable, i love that Taiko BG btw <3
IkkiMinami
good luck 8-)
Topic Starter
akrolsmir

IkkiMinami wrote:

good luck 8-)
Thanks?

Shoutout to lots of nice people:
winber for being the first to mod + awesome guest diff (I can almost pass it now!)
ziin for the spectacular SB
BlissfulYoshi, Sakura Hana, and lolcubes for mods and rechecks without even my asking
OzzyOzrock
WAIT, WAS I WRONG

DON'T EMBARRASS ME IF I WAS WRONG
MoodyRPG
Congrats~
Nymph
yo congrats man!
Mercurial
After a lot of months of my mod... I must tell you :3

Congratz men! =D
winber1
woot gratz! :3