forum

Im horrible at the game and need advice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
klunn666
Im just plain bad at osu. I can only play up to 2.49 maps and have been trying hard to improve, but it is two difficult. Any tips to moving forward to higher star maps? Any help is appreciated. Thank you :)
Adorn
There are a lot of topics like this and whatnot located in the Gameplay and Rankings subforum.
osu! isn't something you just pick up immediately and you're a god-tier player. Practice makes perfect and you have to practice a lot.
some helpful threads:
t/187364
t/5456
t/99612
Also your post probably would have been more appropriate in that subforum as well, for future reference. Help is for more technical issues.
Bara-
Please read this and look for "Threads that belong in other forums" under "What not to post"
Also, reading the announcements before posting is a great idea as well

Your best bet to get better is simple
Play more
XPJ38
Moved to G&R.
Sandy Hoey
play more...
Tynamo
The best way to get better and earn a lot of pp is to focus on your aim, speed, reaction and timing. Try experiment mods that can increase your difficulty, how?
First, find a map that is easy or good for practice and add mods if necessary, HR(Hardrock) is the best way to train your reading, accuracy and aiming skills, DT(Double time) is suitable to practice your speed and HD(Hidden) or FL(Flahlight) is great to practice your memorization and accuracy skill. With these mods, you can master osu! in no time.
TheLonePiggy
literally has less than 3 hours and says he is "trying hard"
to get better at any game you have to put time into it, osu! is exactly the same.
Xyrus_old_1

Tynamo wrote:

The best way to get better and earn a lot of pp is to focus on your aim, speed, reaction and timing. Try experiment mods that can increase your difficulty, how?
First, find a map that is easy or good for practice and add mods if necessary, HR(Hardrock) is the best way to train your reading, accuracy and aiming skills, DT(Double time) is suitable to practice your speed and HD(Hidden) or FL(Flahlight) is great to practice your memorization and accuracy skill. With these mods, you can master osu! in no time.
This guy's only just started, mods will not help him improve...
N0thingSpecial

Tynamo wrote:

He needs advice, not ways to develop bad habits
Caput Mortuum
just play
KupcaH

Tynamo wrote:

Lol.
kurodahatsuharu
It also "two" hard for me "two". Keep going.
vinnicci
PinkNightmares
play more
Jude
you have a playtime of 2 hours. i have a playtime of 78 hours and i'm pretty bad at 3* still so, youre ok just continue
I Give Up

B1oody wrote:

play more
Buster
play a slow map with HDHRDT
that is some advice
Sojana
355 hours still shit at the game reporting in
Wishy
Game is impossible 2 hard man many hours here still awful.
Endie-
Playtime: 3 hours.
Please.
wingedoracle
I felt the same way when I could play up to 2.5*. I tried to play past that, and I turned out to SS a 2.55*. Nowadays, the game recommends me maps that are up to around 2.9*, but I can pass up to over 4 stars if the map doesn't have streams.