Total Posts
show more
Explosive

rafealfrank wrote:

Derekku wrote:

I'm gonna have to unrank this for the following issues:
  1. Incorrect BPM.
  2. Incorrect Artist.
  3. Ridiculously low difficulty settings on [Advanced].
Also, I suggest checking out some other issues that should have been addressed before ranking (e.g. James2250's mod post).

Sorry folks!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to move this back to WIP.
Atually,we can general seperate Bats into 2 kinds:first kind is the ones who try their best to help mappers improve their maps,perseverance to make the OSU become better.
second?they(may be i should say"he")he is the one who put many roadblocks on the road so that he can make trouble mapper and make their endeavor in vain.
It's no doubt that 99% of bats are concluded in the first kind,otherwise osu cann't be a popular game like this,but the 1%,he is an evil member of the herd,and he will totally ruin the 99%'s endeavor.

OK,i will gave a brief sense about how big a gap between 181 and 181.02
first,1 minute contain 60 seconds,and if we do a very simple caculation,we will know that 60 divide by 181 we will get 0.33149,that means every beat in this song is 0.33149S,and if we use 181.02 to do this simple caculation,the answer is 0.33145s,ok,the difference is,0.04MSand the total length of this song is 1.57min,which means 284.17 beats,284.17*0.04=11.3638ms,which means from first note to last note,the biggest difference is 11.3638MS,equals to 0.011S,so this is quiet a "big mistake"and you unrank it,isn't it?

come on,just admire, admire that you envy this mapper because his name always on the"most played"list and your name cover up and just like a meteorite in people's memory,admire you envy that all your maps' total play number can't reach even his one map,be a man,ok?
发现两个小错 seperate 和caculation…除去这个,写的真他妈太好了。有理有据令人信服,高考满分作文实在是大块人心!

Be a man!!!!
OzzyOzrock
baka!

all so baka!

you are all baka!

baka baka! ><

baka!
Shiirn
I love this timing!!!! very big big very big this timing's fan!!! Big Big yeah!!!!

also, you should get a better easy. 7 spinners ftl.
James2250

Odaril wrote:

Someone lock this before it goes shitstorm like any other unranked map thread please.
Ok yeah we don't need all of these insults towards the BAT and the modding system in general/trolling etc.

The timing "only being .02 BPM off" is a very legitimate reason for an unrank as 10ms by the end of the map is noticeable by most people while playing.

Tsuka, once you have looked through all of the suggestions me and Shiirn made before it was ranked as well as fixing the artist (isn't a major thing as not everyone agrees on how that artist should be on osu) and the timing/difficulty settings. Call me or Derek back to unlock/recheck.

Locking this for now to avoid more pointless drama.
Alace
Let us face the problem
Reason one:Incorrect BPM.
we defined the BPM from the jubeat sin file long time ago, we guys thought the BPM is 181.00, but it`s off
I asked 2 BATs who are good at timing, let`s check it

the other result from a program is the same

Even Bemani songs have epic BPM sometimes,maybe you guys need to do more research before unranking a mapset
EX1: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/31534 this song has really horrible BPMs

EX2:http://osu.ppy.sh/s/11792 the first section is .96

Reason two:Incorrect Artist.
http://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmaplist?s=7&o=1 ... 0&g=0&la=0 look at this list XD
if you really want to unrank song with this reason, why would do the same thing to other same WRONG artist (too late to unrank??)
people use Ryu or Ryu* just because they can`t use the correct name Ryu☆ in osu
check the wiki so you can realize that Ryu and Ryu* are both correct. oh if you are too lazy to check. here it is

Reason three:Ridiculously low difficulty settings on [Advanced]
I never know that people unrank a map with this kind of reason XD
it should be fixed easily, HD+3 and OD+3 will make it harder than basic, no need to reset scores or something,

the mapset should be reranked as soon as possible due to your reckless unranking, if you suggest mapper to fix the previous modding,
I think it is unnecessary because it is approved by some MATs/BATs (also those stuffs are personal choice)
NatsumeRin
Pretty sure the BPM is not integer 181. (not sure if it's .02 though)

No matter on arcade or ipad ver, jubeat will show all BPM thing in integer (it will be weird to show a .02 just below the title, and the accurate BPM is never a problem to jubeat player because they don't need to care that), but it doesn't mean their songs are all of integer BPM.

I wish someone could bring a setting file of jubeat here.
yeahyeahyeahhh
As I thought before, the timing was and IS correct. Hopefully MAT/BAT members will learn from this and more discussion will come before an unrank and timing experts such as Lybydose and Doomsday will be approached first. Good luck on rerank tsuka.. Can't believe I never starred this...
KanbeKotori
I just find this information in Google but not sure if these are correct.

Artist: Ryu☆
BPM: 181
Length: 1:40
First Music Game Appearance: jubeat knit
Other Music Game Series Appearances: DanceDanceRevolution X2 AC

BTW,I'm so Happy lol
NatsumeRin

KanbeKotori wrote:

BTW,I'm so Happy lol

It's useless here since on both Arcade and ipad ver, it only shows integer, what we need is a setting file to make sure again.

And for this mp3, the 2 timing experts (Lybydose and Doomsday) already give out their answer.

Edit: meh, i want to play jubeat arcade now....
ignorethis

KanbeKotori wrote:

BTW,I'm so Happy lol
you know the BPM indicated in the game itself is sometimes incorrect.

See textage if you're not sure. If you use the timing provided there to time your osu map, you'll get a shitty-timed one 8-) (esp. when the artist is wac)

And for the correct timing, since Alace, Doomsday and Lybydose all gave out their conclusion (which is 181.02), I really don't see why this map is unranked. There's absolutely no sufficient reason for unranking this, unless it's you who think "we always see 181 BPM, so 181.02 is incorrect and should go fuck itself". Unfortunately, your experience is wrong for this time. :o

oh and btw, I can list a few maps (like Ephemeral's Bad Apple), in which the timing is incorrect, and was never unranked. Explain that.
lepidopodus
offset 91 BPM 180 and offset 96 BPM 180.02 has biggest difference of 5ms in the start and the end, which can be a bit problematic, but I still think it's quite hard to recognize by most people who try to time it, so it's hard to tell by me. But several people is supporting 180.02, so I guess we can consider that opinion too.

Artist, hmm, it should be Ryu☆, but since that start can not be accepted, until currently people substitute Ryu☆ with Ryu or Ryu*. I guess mapper himself was confused cause this doesn't have any common agreement or dominant expression or something. I guess we need some discussion about this.

Ridiculous difficulty setting? It is definatly a problem, but it should have been fixed when MAT & BAT checking this map. Why they couldn't?

I know lots of players will be angry and will show lots of aggresive attitute in here, but there's some things need to be discussed to solve this problem, but the administrators decided to block any discussion about this map. I don't think this is quite fair. To be honest, you guys claims that you are always opened for opnion, but I guess you always have premise that is 'resultingly I am right.'

Yeah, you are the rule maker, rule interpretator, and rule enforcer.
Heatherfield
哦草我只是路過丟個星泥馬的15字15字15字15字到底要多少字啊!
pieguyn
...wow >.<

I know lots of players will be angry and will show lots of aggresive attitute in here, but there's some things need to be discussed to solve this problem, but the administrators decided to block any discussion about this map. I don't think this is quite fair. To be honest, you guys claims that you are always opened for opnion, but I guess you always have premise that is 'resultingly I am right.'
I've noticed admins lock threads when they get called out for being wrong. Also, I agree with what you said...
deepsea
I will not lock the thread but just a kind reminder that please discuss and don't go off the topic, otherwise I will delete the post to prevent meaningless drama.
Faust

rafealfrank wrote:

Derekku wrote:

I'm gonna have to unrank this for the following issues:
  1. Incorrect BPM.
  2. Incorrect Artist.
  3. Ridiculously low difficulty settings on [Advanced].
Also, I suggest checking out some other issues that should have been addressed before ranking (e.g. James2250's mod post).

Sorry folks!

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to move this back to WIP.
Atually,we can general seperate Bats into 2 kinds:first kind is the ones who try their best to help mappers improve their maps,perseverance to make the OSU become better.
second?they(may be i should say"he")he is the one who put many roadblocks on the road so that he can make trouble mapper and make their endeavor in vain.
It's no doubt that 99% of bats are concluded in the first kind,otherwise osu cann't be a popular game like this,but the 1%,he is an evil member of the herd,and he will totally ruin the 99%'s endeavor.

OK,i will gave a brief sense about how big a gap between 181 and 181.02
first,1 minute contain 60 seconds,and if we do a very simple caculation,we will know that 60 divide by 181 we will get 0.33149,that means every beat in this song is 0.33149S,and if we use 181.02 to do this simple caculation,the answer is 0.33145s,ok,the difference is,0.04MSand the total length of this song is 1.57min,which means 284.17 beats,284.17*0.04=11.3638ms,which means from first note to last note,the biggest difference is 11.3638MS,equals to 0.011S,so this is quiet a "big mistake"and you unrank it,isn't it?

come on,just admire, admire that you envy this mapper because his name always on the"most played"list and your name cover up and just like a meteorite in people's memory,admire you envy that all your maps' total play number can't reach even his one map,be a man,ok?
I would give you kudosu.

Also, I'M SO HAPPY STARSTARSTAR

Though I do feel for certain the last sentence is rather unneeded.
Mismagius
"The BATs will recheck this when the proper changes are made"

recheck =/= rerank. I bet you will find 500 "unrankable" stuff that keeps it from being ranked now.

As it happens with (almost) every other map.

Whatever, this discussion will never end. Hooray for another #modhelp vs #chinese drama.
Metro
I feel bad for tsuka :(.

Star for yet another great map.

This limit :@.
abalee
We just need to clearn up all "unrank" stuffs so that we could do a rerank.
1. BPM should be 181.02, I support for it.
2. it's unranked, so artist change could be done. though leave it along still fine IMO.
3. I don't care the difficulty set much and I think tsuka set it for "no more that 3 Insanes" set. for this case I don't care too.
lepidopodus
Hmm, so even BATs have some different opnion about difficulty setting...

Though I still support those settings should be higher than now. As I know, currently that 3 insane rule isn't like restricting number of 'I's, it is based on how hard we felt when we played the map. So I don't think that is a good reason for leaving the setting like this. I'm no expert about this so hard to tell, but personally I don't think this 'Advanced' difficulty is appropriate to be considered as Insane. It's more like Hard to me.
xsrsbsns

lepidopodus wrote:

It's more like Hard to me.
Yep, it can't possibly be considered an Insane.

Good luck on rerank!

And I thought you did a pretty darn great job on your last unrank ♂. But this? Rock bottom, just rock bottom.
abalee

lepidopodus wrote:

Though I still support those settings should be higher than now
I will laugh at it and suggest to change it too xD, but still I respect the mapper's thouhgt anyway.
ouranhshc
about the artist : http://osu.ppy.sh/s/27096 <== blah blah the message is too short
lzy
plllllz mod before ranked ok? :(

I'm (not) so Happy

(blah blah blah why always too short Orz
chonicle
ok let's face the BPM problem

source: the mp3 included in this beatmap
used software: Tracktion 3

BPM = 181.02
picture: http://puu.sh/4113
This is the third bar of the music(at the beginning). Blue line shows the drumbeat starts exactly on the barline.

picture: http://puu.sh/411n
This is the 57th bar of the music(near the 2/3 of the song). Bar 57 shows the drumbeat starts exactly on the barline.

BPM = 181.00
picture: http://puu.sh/411b
Same as previous.

picture: http://puu.sh/411e
This is the 57th bar of the music. The offset can be easily seen. The beats are NOT on the barline, which means BPM = 181.00 creates offset. This offset is caused by the .02 difference. After 50 bars, the difference is noticable.

conclusion: For this mp3, the bpm is 181.02, not 181.00.
mekadon_old
BPM (with my ears) is 181.021. Woooooarrrh I'm getting better nyahahaha~~~

/rant maybe reduce the HP Drain in Another by 1. I FCed it already but the HP drain part might piss people off /rant

Artist isn't a huge problem, since Ryu* is called Ryu as well.. Adding AAA and all possible names for Ryu in tags might be better to.. Also knit, append, konami and such wouldn't hurt too..

IMO, Advanced - Hard, Another - Mid-Insane, Extreme - WTFBBQSAUCE

Your maths is awesome I admire you rafealfrank <3 Starring because I wanted to
KRZY
starring while i can.

do NOT edit my messages please.

again, do NOT edit my messages please.
peppy
Firstly: As has already been said, other music games do not show "180.02" because that would look ugly and be pointless. No one sees the BPM on a song select screen then uses that in the game; it is there because in many rhythm games it correlates to difficulty. The correct BPM is what people have said it is (the decimal one) and therefore it should be fixed.

Artist name: leave as-is, as both have been used and fixing will cause a lot of need for re-downloads.

Difficulty: haven't checked, but since it is unranked it could be reconsidered i guess?

To all the people posting in this thread: if you are here because you played the map (but did not participate in its ranking process) please don't post. Any map ranked under 24 hours should be able to be unranked without people attacking others. Mistakes can be made, and it is better to fix these than let them live on in a past we wish we changed.
Sure
I tested the timing in test mode, yeah 181.02 is fine to me. 181 is definitely wrong.
mm201
All difficulties:
  1. Please set a tick rate of 2. Slider ticks are an important gameplay element. A slider's head, rebounds, and ticks are the only elements the player is required to complete, so setting the tick rate too low means the player doesn't have to complete sliders with any degree of accuracy. Ticks also serve a similar role to bar lines in other rhythm games such as Taiko and Guitar Hero, aiding the player in judging the timing of objects. They also allow slider speed changes to be read, based off their relative spacing. And lastly, sliders with too few ticks can make HP drain behave poorly.
Basic:
  1. 00:12:525 (2) - This will be confusing to an Easy player. (It will be confusing to anyone with AR 3!)
  2. 00:16:005 (1,1,1,1) - These spinners are really tiring, especially to an easy player. They also don't fit the quiet character of the music at all. Try putting a break here or slow sliders.
  3. [00:23:960 (1,1) - Starting an object 332ms after a spinner end is going to be really tough for an Easy player. If you keep the last spinner, try ending it a 1/1 earlier.
  4. 00:43:019 (1) - Same idea as 00:12:525. Red ticks with this low an approach rate are a bad idea. This slider also sounds very odd with tick 1, but would sound correct with tick 2.
  5. 00:47:825 (3) - This is more covered up than an Easy pattern should probably be.
  6. 01:17:490 (3) - Red ticks again, on an isolated object.
  7. 01:27:765 (3) - ^
Advanced:
  1. Setting a broken drain rate isn't a fix for having broken drain sections. Map those sections more or make them into breaks.
  2. 00:03:410 (4) - See Another re: joined sliders looking ugly.
  3. 00:43:848 (1,2), etc. - 3/4 stacks are usually a bad choice since the approach circle spacing isn't distinct enough to be easily readable.
  4. 00:56:443 (7) - This object is mostly covered up and is difficult to see.
  5. 00:53:460 (6,1,2) - See above about joined sliders.
  6. 01:02:409 (1,2), and others - Spacing
Taiko:
  1. Looks fine
Another:
  1. 00:10:453 (4), etc. - I disagree with using short 1/4 length sliders as doubles. It feels awkward and doesn't fit the nature of a slider as a held object.
  2. 00:16 - 00:26 - http://puu.sh/41jK Autoguy's health bar is in the ! zone! This drain section is really harsh and basically requires that you FC everything before and the 30 seconds following.
  3. [00:49:151 (1,2) - Joined slider patterns look really ugly.
  4. 00:51:802 (1,2) - ^
  5. 01:02:409 (1) - I found this object hard to see because of the combination of overlap with blending into the background.
  6. 01:11:193 (6,7,8) - The spacing change near the end here looks sloppy.
Extreme:
  1. Some of the speed changes are extremely harsh and completely break the flow of the music. Please ease up on them.
  2. 00:37:467 (1) - Don't use silent hit objects. Right now, the spinner spin and bonus sounds cut off abruptly 1/2 before the spinner ends which is strange. If you feel you must make the spinner end silent, begin the silence immediately on its end.
  3. 01:02:078 (5), etc. - Lower the hitnormals' volumes to around 60%. Right now they stand out and sound really harsh.
  4. 01:12:021 (3) - See above re: silent hitsounds.
  5. 01:23:788 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - These overlaps are really confounding.
  6. 01:26:274 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^
Takuma
I'm awfully sorry. I really am, tsuka.

FUCK YOU TEXT LENGTH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa
peppy
I don't think you should be sorry. Unranks only improve the quality of a map. Because it was ranked once, it is already known that it's "almost there", so changes now are just polish on what has already been established.

Please guys, stop being an "unrank" as a bad thing. The worst consequence is that people will have to play your map twice (i don't see this as a bad thing :)).
Alace
Oops useless post deleted

Reply the modding to my diff first
I will use tick 1 for in this diff, now you can realize the 0.5X slider with the tick
00:10:453 (4), etc. - I disagree with using short 1/4 length sliders as doubles. It feels awkward and doesn't fit the nature of a slider as a held object.
I do keep those 1/4 sliders,I design the placements with those short sliders,also the 1/4 short sliders are used in a lot of maps already
00:16 - 00:26 - http://puu.sh/41jK Autoguy's health bar is in the ! zone! This drain section is really harsh and basically requires that you FC everything before and the 30 seconds following.
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/3875 This epic map has the same stuff, you must FC the first part to live XD
01:02:409 (1) - I found this object hard to see because of the combination of overlap with blending into the background.
I guess some tiny overlap won`t hurt, because it is not totally hidden

I really love joined sliders sometimes, so i use some of them in my maps, will keep those sliders and the sloppy spacing

This is the first time that my map/diff were unrank, in fact, some of my early maps should be unrank at the first place because of some issues,
i regret that BATs didn`t unrank them to make the mapsets better. Now I have chance to consider to improve my diff, I read and think about the mm201`s mod posts. I do care about my diffs/maps. i may try my best to make it better but it means that i should accept all modding from others right ?

It`s for tsuka
如果你跟我一樣覺得很不甘心,極度的不甘心的話,就更該把能改的改一改,讓他們沒有話可以說,但請別忘了堅持你自己原本設計map的想法,如果
認為不可妥協的地方就拿出你的理由來回,對方還一刀你就還一劍,放在這邊不管就稱了他們的心如了他們的意了.
Topic Starter
tsuka
知道了 .
Sakura
Took a quick glance at the map and the only things i can disagree with are:
The 4 spinners in a row on [Beginner]
00:26:612 (1) - Note being too close to spinner on [Beginner]
Hp Drain 0 on [Advanced]

Anything else i could think of would be to tall of an order for rerank, star for now.

If it's not reranked / bubbled yet by the time i come back from work tonight then i'd be willing to give this map a recheck for bubble
Topic Starter
tsuka
Now , it's my turn

Guess many of you are confused that why i have no any responce even if one of my map get unranked still now.
I just waiting for the time to knock down those fool

To Shiirn,
You were doubt whether the timing is off but without any valuable proof,aren't you?
And trying to derided me when I provided the evidence with a picture even many bats admits the timing sections is correct.
Huh?
Dare you actually showing a excellent one beats my map down if you a man?
oh sorry , i forgot the one only be allowed can say something while under the one's protected-umbrella.
why i haven't see your cute face appear in here twice when your reason of trifling importance being break down.

Now I need you to APOLOGIZE
Apologize for me, get me to have to dealing the trouble that you made.
Apologize for bats, wasted their free time for unnecessary the re-ranking.
Apologize for Players, all the scores has been clearned ,them have to replay/reDL for a twice time
at the last , apologize for yourself, which has a small mind but never realized it.

To Derreku,
How dare you can unranked a map without find out the truth of fact and valid proofs?
Did you really know thats a incorrect timing certainly?
even though the map has been unranked for a long time you still can't showed any correct timing.
I don't think that a bat should be .
the unrank is not a joke, you must consider that what the results will be produced and give the valid reasons.
beside ,you must shoulder the responsibility that you did.

where are you?

this is the way i select
that's all
Waryas
Unranked a map without valid reasons, good job.

tsuka I'm really sorry and hope you can get this ranked soon! You have my support.
Also have a star this is the least I can do.

@peppy
Firstly: As has already been said, other music games do not show "180.02" because that would look ugly and be pointless. No one sees the BPM on a song select screen then uses that in the game; it is there because in many rhythm games it correlates to difficulty. The correct BPM is what people have said it is (the decimal one) and therefore it should be fixed.
There is nothing to fix as it was already correct.
Alace
<Basic>
有幾個地方感覺有一點難 在低難度可能試著避掉這種
00:39:207 (2,3,4,5) - 這樣的節奏 變成http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/125502 會不會好點
後面同

還有我的diff

Download: Ryu - I'm so Happy (tsuka) [Another].osu
NatsumeRin
Unranked a map without valid reasons.
And another map could get bubble#1-bubble#2-approved in 1 hour, with the COMMUNITY MANAGER saying it's based on luck and unintentional.

And then luckily we find the mapper of that map is the trouble maker of this.
Seriously i can smell something from it.

To get back to the topic, this map should be re-ranked as soon as possible.
Neptunus
BPM and offsets into μs rather merely ms 8-) dont worry, programs will do
KRZY
Clearly the unrank was a bad move, but let's not give Derekku too much shit for it. He'll have to step up and clear the mess, but we all make mistakes, and not being careful enough is a kind of a mistake too. With all the responsibility he carries, it's not always easy to do the job perfectly. Rather than criticizing him for the mistake, a word of encouragement will work much better for him and others.

I was surprised at how frustrated Alace sounded while pointing out the problems of this unrank; I understand how this may seem very unfair to some of us, but we can work together instead of separating into two sides. But thank you Alace for doing all the research to point out the facts about this map. Way to take charge as a BAT and handle matters.
show more