forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
xxdinorabbitxx

The Real Kyoko wrote:

Been wanting to make a ctb skin, any ideas on how to do it? Still waiting for the guide on that D:
its like the same exact thing as skinning standard, just stay close the specs of the default skin and you'll be ay ok. unless there is more you want to know of it :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Kheryo

The Real Kyoko wrote:

Been wanting to make a ctb skin, any ideas on how to do it? Still waiting for the guide on that D:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2074725196
^
Have a good read, experiment with the different files, mess around until you get a result that pleases you, and boom, a skin :^)
crystalsuicune
Hey quick question,how do I do the thing where the sliders end without a hit circle (think taiko drumrolls)?
I had a feeling that it's done the same way you skin taiko drumrolls,but I'm not very sure.

I need to know because reasons
xxdinorabbitxx

crystalsuicune wrote:

Hey quick question,how do I do the thing where the sliders end without a hit circle (think taiko drumrolls)?
I had a feeling that it's done the same way you skin taiko drumrolls,but I'm not very sure.

I need to know because reasons
First of all it depends on what client version you are using, but lets assume you are using the latest version. Just add a blank png image and name it "sliderendcircle"
The Real Kyoko

Shima Luan wrote:

The Real Kyoko wrote:

its like the same exact thing as skinning standard, just stay close the specs of the default skin and you'll be ay ok. unless there is more you want to know of it :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Alright sounds good, thanks for the feedback! ^^ I am horrible with computers so i wanted to make sure before I wasted my time :P
The Real Kyoko

Kheryo wrote:

The Real Kyoko wrote:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2074725196
^
Have a good read, experiment with the different files, mess around until you get a result that pleases you, and boom, a skin :^)
Thanks a bunch! I'll make sure to check that out :D ^^
Nenrei_old
When I use version in my skin.ini nothing changes
Starrodkirby86

Nenrei wrote:

When I use version in my skin.ini nothing changes
Did you refresh your skin? Either change to a different skin and change back, or use the hotkey combination Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S.

Also, refer to Skin Versions and see what changes are denoted.
Mio Winter
Is it possible to change the cursor ripple effect?

I want to replace it with a red dot, so that I can always see where I have clicked when I missed a circle.

Any other way of attaining this feature?
Rio-

Timo Timo wrote:

Is it possible to change the cursor ripple effect?

I want to replace it with a red dot, so that I can always see where I have clicked when I missed a circle.

Any other way of attaining this feature?
Sadly, none could be done for that (at least for now).
Living Flower
will the problem with the rakning-bg ever be fixed? I don't want to see the playfield.png in the bg and I'd rather won't change the playfield.png of evey map I've got / I'll download change to default...
xxdinorabbitxx

Living Flower wrote:

will the problem with the rakning-bg ever be fixed? I don't want to see the playfield.png in the bg and I'd rather won't change the playfield.png of evey map I've got / I'll download change to default...
can you sum up your problem and state it clearly becuase i cant identify your problem sry
Living Flower

Shima Luan wrote:

Living Flower wrote:

can you sum up your problem and state it clearly becuase i cant identify your problem sry
I was talking about the Problem with the Background while the ranking is showed: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6158275

A few years ago, you could easily add a custom Background there, but now - as far as I know - you can Change the Background only, if you Change the Background of the whole beatmap. To solve this Problem, I was asking for.
Fums
How to change the position of progress-bar / pie ? I want it at the TOP MID.
Please help :?
Living Flower

Fums wrote:

You can only Enable/Disable it as far as I know in the Gameplay Settings.
Fums

Living Flower wrote:

Fums wrote:

You can only Enable/Disable it as far as I know in the Gameplay Settings.
-+Shige+Seoul+(16-9) is using it.

https://i.imgur.com/3splYsd.png

You can get it here: https://gist.github.com/Francesco149/a0 ... 56951face7
I just can't find the command to do it. I googled for about an hour and if you guys can't help me i think i'm going insane >_>
Haskorion
check out the score-percent.png image. LOTS OF EXTRA SPACE TO THE RIGHT!
Fums

Haskorion wrote:

check out the score-percent.png image. LOTS OF EXTRA SPACE TO THE RIGHT!
Yes, thats it ! My hero 8-) Thank you very much !
Starrodkirby86

Living Flower wrote:

I was talking about the Problem with the Background while the ranking is showed: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6158275

A few years ago, you could easily add a custom Background there, but now - as far as I know - you can Change the Background only, if you Change the Background of the whole beatmap. To solve this Problem, I was asking for.
I'm pretty sure you just need to make your ranking-panel.png as that "custom background" and have it large enough so that it spans the whole game screen.
Living Flower

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

Living Flower wrote:

I'm pretty sure you just need to make your ranking-panel.png as that "custom background" and have it large enough so that it spans the whole game screen.
nope, because the ranking-Panel.png has now anotther fix-Point. it doesn't matther how big I'll skale the Picture, because if it's set to a lower Position as "highest Point" it won't work at all (sorry for my bad grammer, english isn't my Primary language).

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6158275 <-- just look here between the black border and the custom ranking Panel. this room Needs to be fixed by programming (someone told me, that it was came up with the osu 2.0 widescreen update but I'm not sure about it).
OsuMe65
Deal with it.
The Skinning Mechanics will change pretty soon anyway...
45Traeath
Only one of two Combo Bursts I made shows up during performance, where's the problem with the other one when the naming is right? Dimensions?
(Both images are 600x758, I don't get it.)
xxdinorabbitxx
are you sure you named it right? is it in png format? also thats a big ass combo burst, unless it's an HD elements
45Traeath
Mmmm...
Names are "comboburst-0.png" and "comboburst-1.png" (both 600x768 as said).
The one able to show up is way bigger (cropped it but still big and afterwards acceptable) than the other.
The other one is not that small though, originally 373x373; I only added the blank part and inserted the image to the left so it would fit the...... Or is it that the blank is unneeded?

UPDATE: I don't know how it went to now but both are now showing ._o
I only tried to rename on and on and go back to "comboburst-0" and "comboburst-1". And there was another element I had to redo.
I remade that element while the game was opened and understood I had to restart to see it properly modified. Maybe I though something went wrong, when I actually only had to restart the game? '-'
xxdinorabbitxx
You dont have to restart the game you can use ctrl+alt+shirt+s
45Traeath
*Tried to perform that 4 keys command*
*Saw "Skin Reloaded!"*

Oh, nice '-'
I'll note that down, thank you.
Franchoise
so i wanted to make a mixed skin for my personal use but i have some problem while doing so
my ranking panel's highest combo, accuracy and score letter is mispositioned
it should've look like this

and not like mine

so how do i fix it?

oh and another question, anyone know what this part of file name of? can't seems to find it on tutorial above
Rio-
@Franchoise

Open your skin.ini and add "Version: 2" or "Version: latest" in the [General] Tab
[General]
Name: xxx
Author: xxx
Version: 2
inputoverlay-background.png
inputoverlay-key.png
[Elodie]
Is there any way of changed the colour of the "selected song" text? I can't seem to find a way to change it.

Rio-
"SongSelectActiveText: R,G,B" in your skin.ini, under [Colours] tab

Usually the default one is "SongSelectActiveText: 0,0,0" which is Black... So change it in your skin.ini
[Elodie]

Rio- wrote:

"SongSelectActiveText: R,G,B" in your skin.ini, under [Colours] tab

Usually the default one is "SongSelectActiveText: 0,0,0" which is Black... So change it in your skin.ini
Alright thanks ^-^ Also another question, so Ive changed 'star2' and I got what I wanted on the selection screen but one problem:
What I intended (The stars coming out of the selection box):

On the gameplay side tho:

Any way to not have the stars on during gameplay on the skin? Or would the user have to do that?
Haskorion
depends, if you also want to get rid of combo and kiai fountains.

if yes then it is better to just use a blank pixel as star2.png but this will also get rid of them in the song select.

if no and only the ones from the cursor are distracting you can use "StarBreakAdditive: 0,0,0" in the colours section to have the cursor particles invisible but you will still have them in combo and kiai fountains.
[Elodie]

Haskorion wrote:

depends, if you also want to get rid of combo and kiai fountains.

if yes then it is better to just use a blank pixel as star2.png but this will also get rid of them in the song select.

if no and only the ones from the cursor are distracting you can use "StarBreakAdditive: 0,0,0" in the colours section to have the cursor particles invisible but you will still have them in combo and kiai fountains.
Alright, thank you for your help :3
toadly
How do I get rid of the rings that appear after I hit a circle? The one that slowly fades away from where the note/end of long note was.
I can't seem to find the file that does it
Empoleon
I enjoy the skin I'm using, but it doesn't give me anything to indicate my progress when I'm completing a spinner. Here is an example.
How can I go about inserting an image into the spinner's background that is dim and then becomes bright as the spinner approaches completion?
I've tried changing the spinner-background.png file to a bunch of semi-transparent and opaque text, and it doesn't seem to change at all during spinner completion, so maybe I have to set it to do that somewhere? The skin is using version 2.4.

Thanks in advance ;)
Starrodkirby86

weegeeweeg wrote:

I enjoy the skin I'm using, but it doesn't give me anything to indicate my progress when I'm completing a spinner. Here is an example.
How can I go about inserting an image into the spinner's background that is dim and then becomes bright as the spinner approaches completion?
I've tried changing the spinner-background.png file to a bunch of semi-transparent and opaque text, and it doesn't seem to change at all during spinner completion, so maybe I have to set it to do that somewhere? The skin is using version 2.4.

Thanks in advance ;)
Do you want it to be like what's in the video?

If so, you'll need to have your base spinner-background.png, then a spinner-metre.png that you plan to overlay on top (which acts as your progress in completing the spinner). You can also include a spinner-clear.png that assures you the spinner is complete. So going from what you asked, you want to make spinner-background.png some really dark or faded image, and then spinner-metre.png the bright and fully lit version.

Here's a sample of it being used from my personal skin. The top image is spinner-metre.png, while the bottom image is spinner-background.png.

I think there is a slight offset difference between the two images, but I don't recall... You either want to experiment or look at other skins that have this property if you want them to precisely line up.
Empoleon

Starrodkirby86 wrote:

I think there is a slight offset difference between the two images, but I don't recall... You either want to experiment or look at other skins that have this property if you want them to precisely line up.
I have both of my images set at the same size (1024x768) and it seems like my spinner-background is too big for my spinner-metre.
I'm going to adjust it, but it might take a while.
spinner-background.png
spinner-metre.png

I set both of the images to 1023x692 (default spinner-metre.png size) and it worked perfectly!

It seems to be skipping back and forth, but I think that's just an issue with how the game processes it.

Thanks so much for your reply! :)
xxdinorabbitxx

toadly wrote:

How do I get rid of the rings that appear after I hit a circle? The one that slowly fades away from where the note/end of long note was.
I can't seem to find the file that does it
assuming youre talking about the hit-lighting, the best way is to just disable it in the options, but you can also replace the image with a blank png
Lafreniere
Hello, I just recently found a stepmania skin for osu!mania and I am absolutely loving it. But I found a pretty annoying problem that's Lighting that appear when you hit a note are not showing.

And also, how do you move the JudgmentLine above to bottom instead?

Here is the image:

(I hit the note in the image)
Here is my skin.ini settings:
SPOILER
[Mania]
Keys: 4

//Mania skin config
ColumnStart: 300
HitPosition: 480
SpecialStyle: 0
UpsideDown: 0
ScorePosition: 250
ComboPosition: 170
LightFramePerSecond: 60
LightPosition: 480
JudgementLine: 0
BarlineHeight: 0
BarlineWidth: 1.2
ColumnWidth: 62,62,62,62
ColumnLineWidth: 0,0,0,0,0
LightingNWidth: 0
LightingLWidth: 0

//Colours
Colour1: 0,0,0,255
Colour2: 0,0,0,255
Colour3: 0,0,0,255
Colour4: 0,0,0,255

//images
KeyImage0: Arrows\left
KeyImage0D: Arrows\leftD
KeyImage1: Arrows\up
KeyImage1D: Arrows\upD
KeyImage2: Arrows\down
KeyImage2D: Arrows\downD
KeyImage3: Arrows\right
KeyImage3D: Arrows\rightD

NoteImage0: Arrownote\left
NoteImage0H: Arrownote\left
NoteImage0L: Arrownote\LNB

NoteImage1: Arrownote\down
NoteImage1H: Arrownote\down
NoteImage1L: Arrownote\LNB

NoteImage2: Arrownote\up
NoteImage2H: Arrownote\up
NoteImage2L: Arrownote\LNB

NoteImage3: Arrownote\right
NoteImage3H: Arrownote\right
NoteImage3L: Arrownote\LNB

NoteImage0T: Arrownote\LNT
NoteImage1T: Arrownote\LNT
NoteImage2T: Arrownote\LNT
NoteImage3T: Arrownote\LNT
What do I need to modify here? I am totally clueless.

Thank you!
naiza
Thanks! helped a lot <3
show more