Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
4,179
show more
Falbere
Hello, I am currently making mania version of my skin and I have encountered some problems, regarding the use of "ComboOverlap" in the skin.ini, and the combo number not being centered in mania.


This picture is how my combo looks like in standard. In order to achieve this, I used "ComboOverlap: 9" in the skin.ini and a black circular background in the score pngs.
However, when I started skinning mania, I've encountered issues.


As you can see in this screenshot, the combo number is misaligned vertically, and is slightly shifted towards the right.


Setting the "ComboOverlap" to "0" solves the issue. But that changes the how the skin look in both standard and mania. And that is not what I want the skin to look like.


My question would be, if there is a way to make use of "ComboOverlap" while still allowing the combo number in mania to be centered?
If there isn't a way, how do I make it so that even if I couldn't make the combo look like how I wanted it to look like in mania, it would still look the same in standard?
_Kitteh
Excuse me if I'm being a noob here, (btw I don't know where else to ask this question since the thread tutorial says "+ skinning support") but why won't the background of any of my skins show up at the menu button? It just has the default osu background. :/
Rio-

_Kitteh wrote:

Excuse me if I'm being a noob here, (btw I don't know where else to ask this question since the thread tutorial says "+ skinning support") but why won't the background of any of my skins show up at the menu button? It just has the default osu background. :/
You need to become a supporter for that, and ofc It's not free...

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/support
IrateApeLeader
For animating the menu-back is there a way to speed it up? I have a 3 frame gif I am trying to add. The 3 images loop very well so I would just like to speed it up to make it seamless. is there a way to do this?
_Kitteh

Rio- wrote:

_Kitteh wrote:

Excuse me if I'm being a noob here, (btw I don't know where else to ask this question since the thread tutorial says "+ skinning support") but why won't the background of any of my skins show up at the menu button? It just has the default osu background. :/
You need to become a supporter for that, and ofc It's not free...

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/support
Oh..
NOW I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT >-<
ty anyways..
Night_Fury1999
Please help me!!
I'm trying to make a skin for the first time :D
I like hitcircleolay very much, since without it my skin is kinda boring. But after a hit, a circle appeared then faded out. It's annoying because it makes things very hard to see.
I'm asking if there's a way to keep that blue circle and get rid of the after-hit cỉcle.
And also please tell me how to transparent slider end circles but keep the slider start circles, they block my view too.
Rio-

IrateApeLeader wrote:

For animating the menu-back is there a way to speed it up? I have a 3 frame gif I am trying to add. The 3 images loop very well so I would just like to speed it up to make it seamless. is there a way to do this?
i don't think you can speed it up... But if you want to slow it down, you can make the 3 frame into 6 frame:
like menu-back-0, menu-back-1, until menu-back-5. With:
  • menu-back-0 and menu-back-1 is a same frame,
    menu-back-2 and menu-back 3 is also same,
    etc until menu-back-4 and menu-back-5)
For Speeding-up, I guess You can remove a frame you don't really need and make it 2 frame animation which is slighty faster than before.

EDIT : AnimationFramerate: # in your skin.ini (which # is the amount of fps, 24 is default)


Night_Fury1999 wrote:

Please help me!!
I'm trying to make a skin for the first time :D
I like hitcircleolay very much, since without it my skin is kinda boring. But after a hit, a circle appeared then faded out. It's annoying because it makes things very hard to see.
I'm asking if there's a way to keep that blue circle and get rid of the after-hit cỉcle.
And also please tell me how to transparent slider end circles but keep the slider start circles, they block my view too.
There's no other way beside turns all of the default-x.png (default-0, default-1, and so on until default-9) into a hitcircle and turn the actual hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png blank. Example is WWW's latest skin Like this one:


Other than that, you can't do anything about it.
(Also use Version: 2 or Version: latest in your skin.ini instead of Version: 1)
Falbere
so uhh could anybody help me find a solution i posted here earlier at p/5292615#p5292615 yet?
2Cookies2Eat
Soo I have a weird problem:

I changed the score files



but for some reason it only changed combo's number



Skin


Can someone help me ?
Rio-

2Cookies2Eat wrote:

Soo I have a weird problem:

I changed the score files



but for some reason it only changed combo's number



Skin


Can someone help me ?
Aesthetic skin? The Score numbers uses the one inside the "fonts/aller" folder instead, replace the score numbers on that folder instead.
(or open your skin.ini, and change the "ScorePrefix: fonts/aller/score" to "ScorePrefix: score" instead)

Falbere wrote:

so uhh could anybody help me find a solution i posted here earlier at p/5292615#p5292615 yet?
I don't really know much about mania skinning, so yeah...
2Cookies2Eat
thx it worked ^-^
Night_Fury1999
encountered another problem
My taiko skin works fine in fullscreen, but when in window mode, the taiko-bar-right loses a part of it
Is there anyway to make it full like in fullscreen mode
Fullscreen:

Window:
c642
thx
-Tooji-
WTH i dont get it :?:?:?
AiriSena22

DarshPlays wrote:

Hey guys im trying to make my skin and i want one of my pictures to light up while you spin. So because this i was under the impression i label it spinner-metre however when i do that it doesnt show but when i label it spinner-background it shows perfectly but it doesnt light up any help? Thanks!
Change skin version
Lunicia
i was making a skin on osuskinner.com and i finsihed it but the cursor comes out like this
http://puu.sh/q25I9/d23d9db3ab.jpg
i removed the cursor trail, but it seems that the cursor hitbox is bugged on my skin because i can click things while my cursor isnt actually on it, which ruins gameplay. how do i fix the cursor hitbox and the cursor trail thing?
AiriSena22

Xendogenesis wrote:

i was making a skin on osuskinner.com and i finsihed it but the cursor comes out like this
http://puu.sh/q25I9/d23d9db3ab.jpg
i removed the cursor trail, but it seems that the cursor hitbox is bugged on my skin because i can click things while my cursor isnt actually on it, which ruins gameplay. how do i fix the cursor hitbox and the cursor trail thing?
Are the pictures centered on the canvas? Although unlikely that its the case, is your sensitivity set to one while using tablet?
Lunicia

Shima Luan wrote:

Xendogenesis wrote:

i was making a skin on osuskinner.com and i finsihed it but the cursor comes out like this
http://puu.sh/q25I9/d23d9db3ab.jpg
i removed the cursor trail, but it seems that the cursor hitbox is bugged on my skin because i can click things while my cursor isnt actually on it, which ruins gameplay. how do i fix the cursor hitbox and the cursor trail thing?
Are the pictures centered on the canvas? Although unlikely that its the case, is your sensitivity set to one while using tablet?
I tried replacing the cursor from my skin with a cursor that is actually functional from another skin, but it ended up glitching the perfectly good cursor, so its just the skin and most likely not the cursors themselves. Also my sensitivity is set to one on my tablet.
Underforest
Reverting broken heart icon
SirLiony
Hello! I want to make a skin and I ran into a little problem. All aspects of the skin are completed except one thing which I don't know what to call. It is some kind of light/circle that shows up after you hit something. Here is a few screenshots of what I am talking about.

Screenshot 1: http://imgur.com/7wj1mn9

Screenshot 2: http://imgur.com/MKA0BWi
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply