Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
4,180
show more
Rio-

Onyi- wrote:

Help me, someone can tell me what is mean of this each logo?
It doesn't do anything to the thread really. But here's what I know:
= Nuked, mostly threads that need to be locked by mod (like "question" or "mixed skins" kind of threads usually has this icon).
= "I want to ask about ___?"
= "HELP!!"
= Information
, , , = Modes

You can ignore the , , , , , and cuz' They should only used in the Beatmaps forum, not in Skinning. The Hearts picture sometimes used as "I like this!" though


tl;dr just ignore those icons. It doesn't really affect anything in Skinning Sub-forum (but It does if you browse the Beatmaps Sub-forums).
Boomdopew
Am kinda curious, but what makes a "good" cursor? Or what makes it feel "good"? What do people look at when it comes to cursors?
Loki

Boomdopew wrote:

Am kinda curious, but what makes a "good" cursor? Or what makes it feel "good"? What do people look at when it comes to cursors?
In my opinion, some people like bright cursors, and others like Plain ones. everyone has a different taste.

I would just make a plain white circle and use the outer glow feature in gimp to make a cursor I like.
~~

I managed to make the simple one, and found it doesn't look as good as I believed it would.

Anyone know how to make one like this?

I doubt [Gurin] would answer me, if he is still active even.
robin
Does anyone know of a way that I can get the "skip" button to be in the center of my screen instead of the bottom right? Thanks to anyone that can help =)
FiBzY
I'm trying to make it so it removes the gradient, I seen people want to know how to do this too. I can't find any info how do it... :?:

Number 1. Is what mine looks like. Number 2. is what I want it to look like.

Reference

Names
is there a way to animate reverse arrow like the slider ball?
Twentiwan
I've noticed that while using the default skin, the cursor spins. I haven't found how that effect can be used in other skins. Anyone on here is probably a more experienced skinner than I, any suggestions?
FiBzY

Twentiwan wrote:

I've noticed that while using the default skin, the cursor spins. I haven't found how that effect can be used in other skins. Anyone on here is probably a more experienced skinner than I, any suggestions?
CursorRotate: 1
Jellyblob
How can I (if this is even possible) remove star2 effect from the cursor (like during pauses / some sliders) but keep where it'll burst from the sides of the screen or shoot from the bottom like fountains? :?
...also is it possible to add multiple star2's so it's more than 1 picture flying about?
Boomdopew
Need some suggestion/opinions when it comes to making followpoints.

Are thicker or thinner followpoints preferred?

Should I make the followpoints less obvious(Making it less opaque) or make it noticeable?

And how do I get rid of this outer white line on my cursor?
Leafeon

Boomdopew wrote:

Need some suggestion/opinions when it comes to making followpoints.

Are thicker or thinner followpoints preferred?

Should I make the followpoints less obvious(Making it less opaque) or make it noticeable?

And how do I get rid of this outer white line on my cursor?
you could make multiple followpoints? personally i like thin, opaque followpoints, that fade (animated)

& check in the cursor file

Jellyblob56 wrote:

How can I (if this is even possible) remove star2 effect from the cursor (like during pauses / some sliders) but keep where it'll burst from the sides of the screen or shoot from the bottom like fountains? :?
...also is it possible to add multiple star2's so it's more than 1 picture flying about?
make star2.png transparent i guess? and i dont think multiple is possible

robin wrote:

Does anyone know of a way that I can get the "skip" button to be in the center of my screen instead of the bottom right? Thanks to anyone that can help =)
make the skip button the full width of your screen and place it in the center of the canvas


my question since i am annoyed: sometimes spinner metres and backgrounds go REALLY off centre:
(original skin)

(when put on a different skin)

i can probably find more spinner metres that do this. maybe it's a skin versioning issue?
Futon
My problem is that the zero and one sometimes appears on the same hit circle. Is there anyway to fix this? It's very rare but I still want to know the reason for this. Thanks!



Edit: The horizontal line is the "1" and the 0 is "0"
[[Lunatic]]
I have the question, how get hitsounds from defalut osu skin(stable) and imput to the defalut osu skin(fallback)?
CIoudy

Futon wrote:

Edit: The horizontal line is the "1" and the 0 is "0"
Im pretty sure it's just a 10 combo on the hitcircle.


3104 wrote:

i can probably find more spinner metres that do this. maybe it's a skin versioning issue?
I'm not a 100% sure but I believe that I indeed fixed the issue you described once by changing the skin version.


[[Lunatic]] wrote:

I have the question, how get hitsounds from defalut osu skin(stable) and imput to the defalut osu skin(fallback)?
There is a template for the new skin on the first post of this thread. You should be able to extract the hitsounds from there.
HecterUs
Thank You :)
Falbere
Hello, I am currently making mania version of my skin and I have encountered some problems, regarding the use of "ComboOverlap" in the skin.ini, and the combo number not being centered in mania.


This picture is how my combo looks like in standard. In order to achieve this, I used "ComboOverlap: 9" in the skin.ini and a black circular background in the score pngs.
However, when I started skinning mania, I've encountered issues.


As you can see in this screenshot, the combo number is misaligned vertically, and is slightly shifted towards the right.


Setting the "ComboOverlap" to "0" solves the issue. But that changes the how the skin look in both standard and mania. And that is not what I want the skin to look like.


My question would be, if there is a way to make use of "ComboOverlap" while still allowing the combo number in mania to be centered?
If there isn't a way, how do I make it so that even if I couldn't make the combo look like how I wanted it to look like in mania, it would still look the same in standard?
_Kitteh
Excuse me if I'm being a noob here, (btw I don't know where else to ask this question since the thread tutorial says "+ skinning support") but why won't the background of any of my skins show up at the menu button? It just has the default osu background. :/
Rio-

_Kitteh wrote:

Excuse me if I'm being a noob here, (btw I don't know where else to ask this question since the thread tutorial says "+ skinning support") but why won't the background of any of my skins show up at the menu button? It just has the default osu background. :/
You need to become a supporter for that, and ofc It's not free...

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/support
IrateApeLeader
For animating the menu-back is there a way to speed it up? I have a 3 frame gif I am trying to add. The 3 images loop very well so I would just like to speed it up to make it seamless. is there a way to do this?
_Kitteh

Rio- wrote:

_Kitteh wrote:

Excuse me if I'm being a noob here, (btw I don't know where else to ask this question since the thread tutorial says "+ skinning support") but why won't the background of any of my skins show up at the menu button? It just has the default osu background. :/
You need to become a supporter for that, and ofc It's not free...

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/support
Oh..
NOW I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT >-<
ty anyways..
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply