community forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
4,187
show more
Reyvateil
So, apparently they changed the default key overlay font color to black. Is this changeable?
-chocoLATE-
Thank you! Really helpful
god0fcake
Hello all!

I split up a gif and made it transparent to use as a back button gif in-game and it ended up being 28 frames. When it plays in game, the speed is a bit fast for my taste. Is there a way to slow down the animation without reducing the amount of frames?

Thanks!
-god0fcake
irrlux

god0fcake wrote:

Hello all!

I split up a gif and made it transparent to use as a back button gif in-game and it ended up being 28 frames. When it plays in game, the speed is a bit fast for my taste. Is there a way to slow down the animation without reducing the amount of frames?

Thanks!
-god0fcake
Try messing around with "AnimationFramerate" in skin.ini. Keep in mind: changing the value affects other animations as well.
dws123

god0fcake wrote:

Hello all!

I split up a gif and made it transparent to use as a back button gif in-game and it ended up being 28 frames. When it plays in game, the speed is a bit fast for my taste. Is there a way to slow down the animation without reducing the amount of frames?

Thanks!
-god0fcake
well, if you want to slow it down but don't wanna reduce the number of frames,
you can always just increase the frames actually, like making the -0.png into -0 until -2.png
it slows down the speed iirc
efdu
When I add it to osu! nothing happens. It just gets deleted. This happens with all skins I install as well.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

efdu wrote:

When I add it to osu! nothing happens. It just gets deleted. This happens with all skins I install as well.
You mean the skin?
How do you add the skin, .osk or .zip/.rar file?
Have you tried restarting the client after installing the skin?
.osk just requires you to double click the file to install into your game.
.zip/.rar requires you to extract the files and add it to the osu! folder saved in your program files.
[-Aphobias-]
Hey, so i've been trying to look around for some solutions and can't find any. But i'm having a problem with my default numbers being off centered and not being close enough together when they get into the double digits. I've tried to just move the numbers in the image over. I also tried to adjust the HitCircleOverlap in the .skin file but neither seemed to be having any effect. here's a screenshot of what i mean.
efdu

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

efdu wrote:

When I add it to osu! nothing happens. It just gets deleted. This happens with all skins I install as well.
You mean the skin?
How do you add the skin, .osk or .zip/.rar file?
Have you tried restarting the client after installing the skin?
.osk just requires you to double click the file to install into your game.
.zip/.rar requires you to extract the files and add it to the osu! folder saved in your program files.
I was using .osk but it required me to extract it anyway. I resolved the issue now so it's fine.
Fatal3ty

[-Aphobias-] wrote:

Hey, so i've been trying to look around for some solutions and can't find any. But i'm having a problem with my default numbers being off centered and not being close enough together when they get into the double digits. I've tried to just move the numbers in the image over. I also tried to adjust the HitCircleOverlap in the .skin file but neither seemed to be having any effect. here's a screenshot of what i mean.
Normally HitCircleOverlap always works. Are you sure that in skin.ini has not a typo or double entry? Your picture but looks ok. :)
xMutsurini
I maked a Skin but i don't see my Combo please help. qwq
Underforest
Nice tutorial, I will try to do one :)
dws123

xMutsurini wrote:

I maked a Skin but i don't see my Combo please help. qwq
combo as in the number at the bottom or the comboburst?
define combo please
DarshPlays
Hey guys im trying to make my skin and i want one of my pictures to light up while you spin. So because this i was under the impression i label it spinner-metre however when i do that it doesnt show but when i label it spinner-background it shows perfectly but it doesnt light up any help? Thanks!
SF CookieBoi
So i editing my own skin. I always feel like its complete then i find a good skin and i take components of tha skin xD. Anyways in my skin, i need help with the background button thingy. The one that shows behind the songs and behind the rankings. The songs picture doesnt show up. The other skins shiws it fine but my skin never does no matter what skin i take the component from.
screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8PTac ... duWE0/view
[ Erika ]
Will continue with it :) thanks
Slumber
When I place the image I want to be the background in the beatmap editor, It makes the picture I placed in black and white and have a thin gray grid on it. How do I fix this?:(
Fatal3ty

CookieMasherz wrote:

So i editing my own skin. I always feel like its complete then i find a good skin and i take components of tha skin xD. Anyways in my skin, i need help with the background button thingy. The one that shows behind the songs and behind the rankings. The songs picture doesnt show up. The other skins shiws it fine but my skin never does no matter what skin i take the component from.
screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8PTac ... duWE0/view
Open this Skin.ini and find this Line and Change to:

Version: 2.2 or highter
diciestaking
How would I remove the approach circle changing color affect? I seems to do so based on the different strings (combos) of notes.
Louise Louisa
I will trying ..
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply