forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Choilicious
thats probably the best update peppy has done

edit* still kinda useless without the option to specify a different approachcircle color from hitcircle color
OsuMe65

akkord wrote:

edit* still kinda useless without the option to specify a different approachcircle color from hitcircle color
Current behavior is better than that tbh.
Choilicious

OsuMe65 wrote:

akkord wrote:

Current behavior is better than that tbh.
i like having 1 type of color approachcircles for example only white, and have my hitcircles having their combocolors, its just personal preference
Fatal3ty

2. Version is better for me, with light Sliderendcircle :)

thanks Haskarion, the best update from cutting edge, 1x1 px transparente sliderendcircle.png and light Circle sliderendcircleoverlay.png and combo color worked 100% :D
-M A G I C-
Hello guy's .. i want to ask about skin colors in skin.ini ... i dont quite understand the numbers like if i want the skin to have darker colors or more brighter !

i use one of Xial's skins its the same as the osu! standard one but without the 300 hit number ... i have always liked the standard skin but the colors are just too bright for me it hurt my eyes.

this is what i found in the skin.ini :

[General]
Name: Default Epure (v2.0)
Author: Xial
Version: latest

[Colours]

SliderBorder: 255,255,255

//SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0

SpinnerApproachCircle: 255,255,255

i want the colors to be darker what should i do ?! if someone willing to help me please PM me any time ... ingame or here

thanks.
Rio-
add "Combo#: R,G,B" under [Colours] section and use the amount of color you want
* R,G,B = RGB Color model amount

Example :
[Colours]
Combo1: 255,255,255
Combo2: 240,255,255
Combo3: 255,240,255
Combo4: 255,255,240
0,0,0 = Black
255,255,255 = White
-M A G I C-

Rio- wrote:

add "Combo#: R,G,B" under [Colours] section and use the amount of color you want
* R,G,B = RGB Color model amount

Example :
[Colours]
Combo1: 255,255,255
Combo2: 240,255,255
Combo3: 255,240,255
Combo4: 255,255,240
0,0,0 = Black
255,255,255 = White

thank u very much ... another small question i want to remove the ball that slide with the slider ! how?
dws123

-M A G I C- wrote:

thank u very much ... another small question i want to remove the ball that slide with the slider ! how?
well, if you remove the ball completely you won't be able to know where it is when you miss it, so i suggest changing the sliderb#.png into circles (something like the default hitcircleoverlay.
-M A G I C-

dws123 wrote:

-M A G I C- wrote:

well, if you remove the ball completely you won't be able to know where it is when you miss it, so i suggest changing the sliderb#.png into circles (something like the default hitcircleoverlay.
thanks <3
Wangaroo
thank you 4 sharing :) :D
Skilless
The skinnable slider start and end circles don't seem to let me skin them.
Fatal3ty

[-Miku-] wrote:

The skinnable slider start and end circles don't seem to let me skin them.
You need Experiemental Version "Cutting Edge". Stable Version is not avaiable. :)
Ofguard
Where can I get tapping hit sounds?
yamane-kurou
I have to redo my personal skin and everything works fine but I somehow don't get the slider track to not have the same color as the current combo. O know it's possible and I think it should work with SliderTrackOverride.

but no matter if I do SliderTrackOverride: 0, 0, 0 or SliderTrackOverride: 255, 255, 255 or SliderTrackOverride: 150, 60, 0 the slider track color always stays the same as the combo color. @-@
Is there something I'm missing?

And I also looked at a different skin that had the effect I'm looking for but I couldn't find anything that was different in the code from my own.
OsuMe65
Remove this (in bold): //SliderTrackOverride
Ctb: Is there a way to have different slider ticks and droplets? So they won't be identical. If not, this should be fixed.
Kitty V Temmie
Is there a way to sumbit it, or let someone download it?
try24get
May I ask something?
1.I downloaded new skin template and I have made a new skin refer to that skin, but for scorebarbg and scorebarcolour doesn't match well. Anyone can tell me what should I do? I guess I never changed any of these two lol suddenly fixed, sorry
2. Where I can get a std character that appears on comboburts? There are no comboburts character on new skin template except on Taiko (I forgot her name) and I planned to place her on my CtB skin. If it is forbidden at least how large I must make it? My resolution is 1280x720
ChromeMagnum
Hey quick question. is there a way to move the osumania! layout of a skin? Mine is off center and it hurts my gameplay.
dws123

try24get wrote:

May I ask something?
2. Where I can get a std character that appears on comboburts? There are no comboburts character on new skin template except on Taiko (I forgot her name) and I planned to place her on my CtB skin. If it is forbidden at least how large I must make it? My resolution is 1280x720
you mean comboburst.png? or comboburst-x.png?

ChromeMagnum wrote:

Hey quick question. is there a way to move the osumania! layout of a skin? Mine is off center and it hurts my gameplay.
put
ColumnStart: xxx
in your xK.ini , where xxx denotes how far it is from left edge of screen
try24get

dws123 wrote:

comboburst.png
dws123

try24get wrote:

dws123 wrote:

comboburst.png
standard one
http://puu.sh/jJ3E8.png

@2x one
http://puu.sh/jJ3Gp.png
keksmonster
Heyo!
I haz questions about skinning, and apparently this is the right place to ask them:
1. Is there a way to change the text position on the song selection boxes a bit to the right?
Because the titles overlap with a bit of detailing on the left, however when the map has already been played and a Rating appears, the title is moved a bit to the right, so you can actually read it. So is there a way to do that even if there is no rating?
and 2. can you change the box-colour of selected difficulty, selected song and non-selected song boxes? The colours that are white, blue and pink respectively by default.

thanks in advance :D
Haskorion

Keksmonster77 wrote:

Heyo!
I haz questions about skinning, and apparently this is the right place to ask them:
1. Is there a way to change the text position on the song selection boxes a bit to the right?
Because the titles overlap with a bit of detailing on the left, however when the map has already been played and a Rating appears, the title is moved a bit to the right, so you can actually read it. So is there a way to do that even if there is no rating?
and 2. can you change the box-colour of selected difficulty, selected song and non-selected song boxes? The colours that are white, blue and pink respectively by default.

thanks in advance :D
Nope to both.
Text always has a fixed position and you could try to colour your menu-button-background.png manually (like yellow or blue or green). The default colours are always added (and blended with) to the colour values of your background.
try24get

dws123 wrote:

standard one
http://puu.sh/jJ3E8.png

@2x one
http://puu.sh/jJ3Gp.png
thanks, and sorry for a late response

Riven is eu wrote:

Okay,so I decided on making a skin with dots instead of numbers and I get this : The 2 dots that appear are my problem,any advices ?
Fatal3ty
Open Skin.ini > HitCircleOverlap: x (value)

Your Image Size from default-0.png is your value :)
try24get
well asking again
I'm copying some spinner elements to my beta skin and taiko's spinner approach comes
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3594563
I want to remove that spinner approach without removing it from taiko. Any advice?
skin ver. : 2.5
Haskorion
You can't. Both modes use it.
And to other people suggesting making it like the old day "taiko" skin: This won't solve the problem in this scenario.
try24get

Haskorion wrote:

You can't. Both modes use it.
And to other people suggesting making it like the old day "taiko" skin: This won't solve the problem in this scenario.
well, I guess I will make it transparent instead. Thanks
- Anima -
This has been probably asked before, but what are the file names for an animated back button? :?
Haskorion

- Anima - wrote:

This has been probably asked before, but what are the file names for an animated back button? :?
menu-back-n.png.
Replace the "n" with numbers, but start with "0" on the first image (menu-back-0.png, menu-back-1.png. menu-back-2.png, etc.)
OsuMe65

Haskorion wrote:

- Anima - wrote:

menu-back-n.png.
Replace the "n" with numbers, but start with "0" on the first image (menu-back-0.png, menu-back-1.png. menu-back-2.png, etc.)
You can go up to 100+ if you like lol
provided that the first number is "0"
- Anima -

Haskorion wrote:

- Anima - wrote:

menu-back-n.png.
Thanks! It's working great! My Zexion x Demyx skin project is running smoothly <3
Branford
Hello, i've got a problem with my SliderBorder. :3
Even when i change it, the color doesn't change. For example, I tried with 255 182 193 but it's still white all the time. :s
Can someone help me please ? ^^
Rio-

Branford wrote:

Even when i change it, the color doesn't change. For example, I tried with 255 182 193 but it's still white all the time. :s
SliderBorder: 255,182,193
?
Topic Starter
MLGnom

Branford wrote:

Make sure you don't have "//" in front of it.
Branford

Rio- wrote:

Branford wrote:

SliderBorder: 255,182,193
?
Oh. I've just figured out that I forgot the commas between the numbers... >///<
Thank you very much. ^^
- Flutter -
I guess I could help you with some parts in CtB, I'd be free to do that. If you want me to, just send me a pm on the website or ingame or wherever else you would like to.
Deykz
How do I get one circle on the slider? Only this the circle that has the number
Thanks
show more