forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
OsuMe65

Plutooooo wrote:

Is there a full, updated list of the all the skin elements you can animate?

In this spreadsheet, it says that you can't animate the hitcircle overlay but I know for a fact that you can. I don't think it's fully updated.
Read the wiki.
Riven is eu
Okay,so I decided on making a skin with dots instead of numbers and I get this : The 2 dots that appear are my problem,any advices ?
Rio-

Riven is eu wrote:

Okay,so I decided on making a skin with dots instead of numbers and I get this : The 2 dots that appear are my problem,any advices ?
open your skin.ini, and change the "HitCircleOverlap" line with the resolution of the dots...

Ex : If the dots has 20x20 resolution. Then use:
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: 20
hope it helps
Riven is eu

Rio- wrote:

Riven is eu wrote:

open your skin.ini, and change the "HitCircleOverlap" line with the resolution of the dots...

Ex : If the dots has 20x20 resolution. Then use:
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: 20
hope it helps
Cortexxx
Great tutorial. Thanks. 8-)
Blackheart
I want to make an osu!mania skin that looks like 9K for each number of keys, just that the unused columns would not have any notes and the unused keys wouldn't work (because they're unused obviously) (that means that barlines should act like 9K as well!). Now, I have thought of 2 ways how I could make it work, provided that those are possible: My first idea is to use different mania-stage-bottom.png for each number of keys. My second idea is to have mania-stage-bottom.png to be drawn below the keys instead of above.

Is one of those two ideas possible? If not, would there be another way to reach my desired result?
Offdensen
Whenever I put a background in for playfield.png (for the background of ranking) I put it in the right size and everything,but it doesn't show. What should I do?
Haskorion
playfield.png is no longer supported.
Airsoftbeat97
Hi, I have a question to why I can't manage to get picture previews in my song selection screen Like the other one. Sorry about myvering you over such a thing.
dws123

Airsoftbeat97 wrote:

Hi, I have a question to why I can't manage to get picture previews in my song selection screen Like the other one. Sorry about myvering you over such a thing.
Thumbnails are supported in Version 2.2 or higher only iirc

FelicianoGasai wrote:

Whenever I put a background in for playfield.png (for the background of ranking) I put it in the right size and everything,but it doesn't show. What should I do?
for ranking background you make it using ranking-panel.png like this
Haskorion
There are 4 new elements on the cuttingedge release stream right now.

The circles on sliders are now individually skinnable.

These are the elements:
  1. sliderstartcircle
  2. sliderstartcircleoverlay
  3. sliderendcircle
  4. sliderendcircleoverlay
This means that you no longer need the overlay-0 method or blank out hitcircles.
Additionally combo colours also work on this and you won't have 1 digit numbers.
Choilicious
thats probably the best update peppy has done

edit* still kinda useless without the option to specify a different approachcircle color from hitcircle color
OsuMe65

akkord wrote:

edit* still kinda useless without the option to specify a different approachcircle color from hitcircle color
Current behavior is better than that tbh.
Choilicious

OsuMe65 wrote:

akkord wrote:

Current behavior is better than that tbh.
i like having 1 type of color approachcircles for example only white, and have my hitcircles having their combocolors, its just personal preference
Fatal3ty

2. Version is better for me, with light Sliderendcircle :)

thanks Haskarion, the best update from cutting edge, 1x1 px transparente sliderendcircle.png and light Circle sliderendcircleoverlay.png and combo color worked 100% :D
-M A G I C-
Hello guy's .. i want to ask about skin colors in skin.ini ... i dont quite understand the numbers like if i want the skin to have darker colors or more brighter !

i use one of Xial's skins its the same as the osu! standard one but without the 300 hit number ... i have always liked the standard skin but the colors are just too bright for me it hurt my eyes.

this is what i found in the skin.ini :

[General]
Name: Default Epure (v2.0)
Author: Xial
Version: latest

[Colours]

SliderBorder: 255,255,255

//SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0

SpinnerApproachCircle: 255,255,255

i want the colors to be darker what should i do ?! if someone willing to help me please PM me any time ... ingame or here

thanks.
Rio-
add "Combo#: R,G,B" under [Colours] section and use the amount of color you want
* R,G,B = RGB Color model amount

Example :
[Colours]
Combo1: 255,255,255
Combo2: 240,255,255
Combo3: 255,240,255
Combo4: 255,255,240
0,0,0 = Black
255,255,255 = White
-M A G I C-

Rio- wrote:

add "Combo#: R,G,B" under [Colours] section and use the amount of color you want
* R,G,B = RGB Color model amount

Example :
[Colours]
Combo1: 255,255,255
Combo2: 240,255,255
Combo3: 255,240,255
Combo4: 255,255,240
0,0,0 = Black
255,255,255 = White

thank u very much ... another small question i want to remove the ball that slide with the slider ! how?
dws123

-M A G I C- wrote:

thank u very much ... another small question i want to remove the ball that slide with the slider ! how?
well, if you remove the ball completely you won't be able to know where it is when you miss it, so i suggest changing the sliderb#.png into circles (something like the default hitcircleoverlay.
-M A G I C-

dws123 wrote:

-M A G I C- wrote:

well, if you remove the ball completely you won't be able to know where it is when you miss it, so i suggest changing the sliderb#.png into circles (something like the default hitcircleoverlay.
thanks <3
Wangaroo
thank you 4 sharing :) :D
Skilless
The skinnable slider start and end circles don't seem to let me skin them.
Fatal3ty

[-Miku-] wrote:

The skinnable slider start and end circles don't seem to let me skin them.
You need Experiemental Version "Cutting Edge". Stable Version is not avaiable. :)
Ofguard
Where can I get tapping hit sounds?
yamane-kurou
I have to redo my personal skin and everything works fine but I somehow don't get the slider track to not have the same color as the current combo. O know it's possible and I think it should work with SliderTrackOverride.

but no matter if I do SliderTrackOverride: 0, 0, 0 or SliderTrackOverride: 255, 255, 255 or SliderTrackOverride: 150, 60, 0 the slider track color always stays the same as the combo color. @-@
Is there something I'm missing?

And I also looked at a different skin that had the effect I'm looking for but I couldn't find anything that was different in the code from my own.
OsuMe65
Remove this (in bold): //SliderTrackOverride
Ctb: Is there a way to have different slider ticks and droplets? So they won't be identical. If not, this should be fixed.
Kitty V Temmie
Is there a way to sumbit it, or let someone download it?
try24get
May I ask something?
1.I downloaded new skin template and I have made a new skin refer to that skin, but for scorebarbg and scorebarcolour doesn't match well. Anyone can tell me what should I do? I guess I never changed any of these two lol suddenly fixed, sorry
2. Where I can get a std character that appears on comboburts? There are no comboburts character on new skin template except on Taiko (I forgot her name) and I planned to place her on my CtB skin. If it is forbidden at least how large I must make it? My resolution is 1280x720
ChromeMagnum
Hey quick question. is there a way to move the osumania! layout of a skin? Mine is off center and it hurts my gameplay.
dws123

try24get wrote:

May I ask something?
2. Where I can get a std character that appears on comboburts? There are no comboburts character on new skin template except on Taiko (I forgot her name) and I planned to place her on my CtB skin. If it is forbidden at least how large I must make it? My resolution is 1280x720
you mean comboburst.png? or comboburst-x.png?

ChromeMagnum wrote:

Hey quick question. is there a way to move the osumania! layout of a skin? Mine is off center and it hurts my gameplay.
put
ColumnStart: xxx
in your xK.ini , where xxx denotes how far it is from left edge of screen
try24get

dws123 wrote:

comboburst.png
dws123

try24get wrote:

dws123 wrote:

comboburst.png
standard one
http://puu.sh/jJ3E8.png

@2x one
http://puu.sh/jJ3Gp.png
keksmonster
Heyo!
I haz questions about skinning, and apparently this is the right place to ask them:
1. Is there a way to change the text position on the song selection boxes a bit to the right?
Because the titles overlap with a bit of detailing on the left, however when the map has already been played and a Rating appears, the title is moved a bit to the right, so you can actually read it. So is there a way to do that even if there is no rating?
and 2. can you change the box-colour of selected difficulty, selected song and non-selected song boxes? The colours that are white, blue and pink respectively by default.

thanks in advance :D
Haskorion

Keksmonster77 wrote:

Heyo!
I haz questions about skinning, and apparently this is the right place to ask them:
1. Is there a way to change the text position on the song selection boxes a bit to the right?
Because the titles overlap with a bit of detailing on the left, however when the map has already been played and a Rating appears, the title is moved a bit to the right, so you can actually read it. So is there a way to do that even if there is no rating?
and 2. can you change the box-colour of selected difficulty, selected song and non-selected song boxes? The colours that are white, blue and pink respectively by default.

thanks in advance :D
Nope to both.
Text always has a fixed position and you could try to colour your menu-button-background.png manually (like yellow or blue or green). The default colours are always added (and blended with) to the colour values of your background.
try24get

dws123 wrote:

standard one
http://puu.sh/jJ3E8.png

@2x one
http://puu.sh/jJ3Gp.png
thanks, and sorry for a late response

Riven is eu wrote:

Fatal3ty
Open Skin.ini > HitCircleOverlap: x (value)

Your Image Size from default-0.png is your value :)
try24get
well asking again
I'm copying some spinner elements to my beta skin and taiko's spinner approach comes
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/3594563
I want to remove that spinner approach without removing it from taiko. Any advice?
skin ver. : 2.5
Haskorion
You can't. Both modes use it.
And to other people suggesting making it like the old day "taiko" skin: This won't solve the problem in this scenario.
show more