forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
ExVeemon
I really have no idea if someone already posted this, but how does one change this:

So that it turns blue instead of red?
I have tried looking in the skin.ini, and changing things around, but it doesn't do anything at all.

Thanks in advance!~
Hinei
I'm maked default in photoshop. When i began creating that note, i put a transparent background. Just look at screenshot and tell me how to fix that white pixels.
dws123

MasterSonic10 wrote:

I really have no idea if someone already posted this, but how does one change this:

I have tried looking in the skin.ini, and changing things around, but it doesn't do anything at all.

Thanks in advance!~
Is the .png file already blue in colour or...?
(And BTW which one are you referring to? the circle or the midpoint?)

Hinei wrote:

I'm maked default in photoshop. When i began creating that note, i put a transparent background. Just look at screenshot and tell me how to fix that white pixels.
Where is the white pixel? I don't see any (or is it that I gotta change my glasses? ._.)
Hinei

dws123 wrote:

MasterSonic10 wrote:

Thanks in advance!~
Is the .png file already blue in colour or...?
(And BTW which one are you referring to? the circle or the midpoint?)

Hinei wrote:

Where is the white pixel? I don't see any (or is it that I gotta change my glasses? ._.)
look at left and rigth side
DeletedUser_4041880
Open up the file named hitcircleoverlay.png and erase the pixels in any program that supports transparency. Make sure to save as a .png file when you're finished.
Hinei
I havent pixels when open this files with graph redactor...
DeletedUser_4041880
Make a new layer under the file you opened and fill it with black. You should be able to see the pixels after this, though check hitcircle.png and make sure there aren't any stray pixels on it too.
Hinei
No, i cant see that pixels in the layers
oreNa_
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pecDzaGxR1M like in this video, how do you make the slidertrackoverride the same color as your combo color?

thx
Supairo

Im Black wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pecDzaGxR1M like in this video, how do you make the slidertrackoverride the same color as your combo color?

thx
In the skin.ini file, there should be this line:
SliderTrackOverride: 196,146,202
Simply remove it or write it like this:
//SliderTrackOverride: 196,146,202
This will remove the SliderTrackOverride color and change it to the current combo color.
AussieEvil
Has the playfield been removed?
OsuMe65
It's done for, yes
Gumpy

AussieEvil wrote:

Has the playfield been removed?
it has been for some time.
DarkHenrych
I've been trying for a while now to make my own mania skin. I made my keys using Paint.net, basically drawing over a key I copied from another skin. The problem is that once I set the key and key@2x in the .ini file, it doesn't load properly. Namely, the color and design works, but the key doesn't scale to the right height. It covers the lower half of the key space, and actually shrinks to it, but the top half is black. I've been looking for some info on key height/width, but haven't found anything online. I'm stumped.

Haskorion
Don't assign HD elements in the skin.ini. Remove the "@2x" from every line. The game is coded for 1024x768 resolutions so you need to assign SD elements in the skin.ini.
JapanYoshiTheGamer
I checked and I think the new scorebar offset is 12x13 (24x26 @2x).
Haskorion

JapanYoshiTheGamer wrote:

I checked and I think the new scorebar offset is 12x13 (24x26 @2x).
We already had this cleared up and it's [12,12] for scorebars with marker and [5,16] for scorebars with ki.
Haganenno
Hello,

What is the file name for hit lightning?
Inori

Haganenno wrote:

Hello,

lighting.png

Mania:
lightingN.png
lightingL.png
Haganenno

Inori wrote:

Haganenno wrote:

Hello,

lighting.png

Mania:
lightingN.png
lightingL.png

Thanks
giiiuls
SpinnerNoBlink: 0/1
why this thing doesn't work?
Angelo
Someone knows where I can download the new default menu sounds please ? (see below)
Storb

Angelo wrote:

Someone knows where I can download the new default menu sounds please ? (see below)
This thread might be useful for you. Has the default skin as a template, which includes a few of those sounds.

Does anyone know the fonts used in the various elements for osu? Things like:
  1. Logo (the new one used in-game, not the site logo which has Verdana)
  2. Chat (not Tahoma)
  3. Hitmarkers (50's, 100's, Geki, etc.)
  4. Score
The font used in logo, chat, and hitmarkers should be Aller. No idea about score but I think it looks p similar to EXO2
Sanxu_old
Not sure if this has been answered, but I can't seem to enable song select thumbnails for custom skins. I have them enabled in the options and I have the skin's .ini version 2.2, but the thumbnails still don't show up.
Haskorion

Sanxu wrote:

Not sure if this has been answered, but I can't seem to enable song select thumbnails for custom skins. I have them enabled in the options and I have the skin's .ini version 2.2, but the thumbnails still don't show up.
Make sure you wrote it under the [General] section and start 'Version: 2.2' with a capital letter. Missing capitalization is a major mistake I often see on skin.ini-files.
Angelo

Storb wrote:

Angelo wrote:

This thread might be useful for you. Has the default skin as a template, which includes a few of those sounds.
I already know this topic and the sounds I was searching for are not there, but thanks anyway for trying to help :/
If someone else knows how to get the hitsounds mentioned above, please tell me :)
Sanxu_old

Haskorion wrote:

Sanxu wrote:

Make sure you wrote it under the [General] section and start 'Version: 2.2' with a capital letter. Missing capitalization is a major mistake I often see on skin.ini-files.
I could have sworn the v was capital, could barely tell the difference in notepad. Thanks mate.
OsuMe65

Angelo wrote:

Tried to make *all* of those and *all* files listed there do work. (not sure for other formats)
It's not bundled in the template though.
Esty
:?: Hello mates, how to fix it? I have a problem w/ stacking numbers after >9 combo in a row~
Rio-

Kripparium wrote:

:?: Hello mates, how to fix it? I have a problem w/ stacking numbers after >9 combo in a row~
open your skin.ini and change the value of "HitCircleOverlap: *numbers*"
i believe the value is more than 20, change it to 0 or between 1-10
Esty

Rio- wrote:

open your skin.ini and change the value of "HitCircleOverlap: *numbers*"
i believe the value is more than 20, change it to 0 or between 1-10
This is not help. On picture HitCircleOverlap: 0 (1, 2, 3 etc. tryed it all).
OsuMe65
That method (HitCircleOverlap: *image width, height) works on dots perfectly, not on numbers
The overlap at 10 onwards is inevitable.
Fatal3ty
Method for Kripparium:

Hitcircleoverlay-0.png make a Hitcircle
default-0.png - default-9.png make a numbers without Circle!
Change Skin.ini - Hitcircleoverlap: 0
Change Skin.ini - HitcircleAboveNumbers: 0 to 1

Esty

Fatal3ty wrote:

Method for Kripparium:

This not what I want, but thank you anyway :D
Or I dont understand you...
What to do with item 1? Item 2 - only numbers 1-9 in 160-160 pngbox?
Fatal3ty

Kripparium wrote:

Fatal3ty wrote:

Method for Kripparium:

This not what I want, but thank you anyway :D
Or I dont understand you...
What to do with item 1? Item 2 - only numbers 1-9 in 160-160 pngbox?
Only Numbers 1-9, see it in Peppys Template Skin (Numbers is not 160x160px!!)

HitcircleAboveNumbers: 1 is right. (0 is disable, 1 is enable)
Esty

Fatal3ty wrote:

Only Numbers 1-9, see it in Peppys Template Skin (Numbers is not 160x160px!!)

HitcircleAboveNumbers: 1 is right. (0 is disable, 1 is enable)
Ah, okay, thank you! :lol:
LoveMePlz
Hello everyone im making an own skin but i have a problem, the parts, menu-button-background, fail-backgroun and ranking panel dont work and i dont know why, can anybody maybe help me?
Fleuret
Are they in .png format? Are you playing widescreen? If so then add @2x at the end of the name, like menu-button-background@2x.
xDesmond
I want to make this skin without sliderends: http://puu.sh/fEX5t/bbd2f6944f.osk
Can someone do this for me or tell me how?
This skin is not mine, I just found it on reddit. All credits go to him.
Ty :)
show more