forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
iRAWkTheWorld
Also another question; Is there a maximum amount of combobursts for a skin? I tried to do three but it only uses 2 throughout the map, how should I be naming them?
Haskorion
There is no limit to combobursts. You start naming them like in an animation like comboburst-0.png, comboburst-1.png, comboburst-2.png, etc.
They always appear on set combo counts; starting at 30, then 60, followed by 100 and everytime after 50 more combo. To make all appear more frequently just add ComboBurstRandom: 1 to your skin.ini file under the [General] section of it.
iRAWkTheWorld

ReddScorn wrote:

There is no limit to combobursts. You start naming them like in an animation like comboburst-0.png, comboburst-1.png, comboburst-2.png, etc.
They always appear on set combo counts; starting at 30, then 60, followed by 100 and everytime after 50 more combo. To make all appear more frequently just add ComboBurstRandom: 1 to your skin.ini file under the [General] section of it.
hmmm I had one set to comboburst-2.png but it never appeared even after 250 notes, kept repeating the first two back to back. Shouldnt they normally appear in the order they are named?

Also in the OP there is a "s" in combobursts-2.png, Im guessing that is just a typo?

EDIT: OOps, I named it comburst-3.png rather than 2, which must've been the mistake :oops:
- Nya Pass -
i want to make mania-key bottoms with halo, it‘s hideen while no press bottom (like this
-
but when i change the Hitposition(i want to make it higher then before) →
①LN thorugh mania-stage-hint ②we can see mania-stage-light below in my bottom。。。QAQ
-
-
then,i made bottom’s BG dark,but →
mania-key2D is hiddened by mania-key1, and the same to others。。。when i press other key,they will hidd each other。。。PAP
-
Unless。。Make it like this。。。 but i think it ugly。。
-
-
-
FOR HELP。。(can we make Layer-priority of mania-stage-hint Higher than light & note?
(sorry _idk whether there is a similar post in forums。。becuz of my poor English :( :( :(
-Maus-
Add more squares so nobody can read this.
OsuMe65
Check every element to ensure size consistency. If one is oversized, edit it manually
[FX] AEM
**mania

i tried to change the Combo/ScorePosition but it isn't working. (I tried both nK.ini and skins.ini but the problem still occurs.)

any solution for this?
Garygoh884

[FX] AEM wrote:

**mania

i tried to change the Combo/ScorePosition but it isn't working. (I tried both nK.ini and skins.ini but the problem still occurs.)

any solution for this?
You'll have to change these values in your skin.ini; values from your nK.ini files are no longer readable by osu!. Make sure you reload your skin (CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-S) after saving your skin.ini and ensure it has the correct syntax.
Hinei

OsuMe65 wrote:

reversearrow is already static. The twitching behavior is a staple behavior of osu!. Can't avoid that.
Reverce arrow not static. In my skin she pulsates
OsuMe65
IT'S. A. STAPLE. BEHAVIOR. just deal with it. ( O-o)b
DeanAmbroseFan
:o

Soz Hun I ain't reading that.
deadbeat

There are new mania key counts now. 1K,2K,3K,9K and 10K.

if you're making skins with mania, please take this into consideration and don't forget to add them
Haiiro_old_1
Ever since I started playing, I've always played without followpoints. Now I decided to try them, because I thought it might help me with airman. The problem is sometimes the followpoints appear in reverse, coming from the other direction. I use a line followpoint, so this really throws me off and makes me unable to play. I'd really like to try followpoints to see if it makes any difference, but as it is right now it's nigh impossible.

Why does my skin behave this way? What can I do to fix it?
Srey

I'm trying to do my own scorebar right now but i've got problems with scorebar-kidanger.
Is it possible to get the "red error one" as a kidanger2 ? seems like kidangers dont match my scorebar-bg and idk how to fix or if it's even possible :l
Haskorion
I don't know if any of you know this but you can use count.wav in place of count1s.wav, count2s.wav, count3.wav, and gos.wav.

readys.wav will play normally followed by count.wav being played 4 times.

This will only work if count3s.wav is absent.

The biggest use for this would be for silencing countdowns where you only have to mute 2 files instead of 5.
BlackCobra89
Editing [x]k.ini dont work
any solution for this? :)
IA42

BlackCobra89 wrote:

Open your skin.ini file, find section "[mania]" if you can't find it just wrote it :3 then edit it to like you want
For more info you can go here and move to mania section :3 --> https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini
BlackCobra89

IA42 wrote:

BlackCobra89 wrote:

Open your skin.ini file, find section "[mania]" if you can't find it just wrote it :3 then edit it to like you want
For more info you can go here and move to mania section :3 --> https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini
Thx it worked :)
nrl

Haiiro wrote:

The problem is sometimes the followpoints appear in reverse, coming from the other direction. I use a line followpoint, so this really throws me off and makes me unable to play.
You mean they originate at the next note and travel to the current note, or the sprite appears in reverse? I honestly don't understand how the former could ever happen.
Therieri
Hi! I've been modifying default skin little to make it more the one which I personally like. I have just been wondering is there any way to make sliderfollowcircle to not "bounce", "throb", "beat" or "pulsate"? So that it would just say still. Just little thing which I would personally prefer more. I hope someone of you can give me answer fot this. Thanks!
alecA
Hello, for some reason my scorebar bg and color ar not aligning properly. Also my spinner elements are not working (spinner-top, etc...). The default spinner always shows up instead. My skin is on ver 2.2. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Screenshots:

Rio-

AlecJumps wrote:

Hello, for some reason my scorebar bg and color ar not aligning properly. Also my spinner elements are not working (spinner-top, etc...). The default spinner always shows up instead. My skin is on ver 2.2. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Screenshots:

Delete Spinner-Background.png?
alecA
Thanks, I just need to figure out how to fix the scorebar
Haskorion

AlecJumps wrote:

Thanks, I just need to figure out how to fix the scorebar
Delete scorebar-marker.png
Rundas-Slash
Hi !

I was wondering if there is a way to show the actual 7 keys of Osumania while playing in 4,5 or 6k? (Even if no notes appears in the non-used collumns)

Thank you in advance for the answers :)
Deimos
How to undo the 10k stage split in mania?

the changelog is telling me something like StageSeparation or SplitStages, but HOW do I have to use this in the skin.ini?

can't find it out . . .
Haskorion
They are put under the [Mania] section for 10k.

"SplitStages: 0" deactivates the split, "StageSeparation" determines the gap between the stages.
Liweinator
Hi guys, sooooo I have a problem with a skin. Before it would just be like normal, but now when i click on the circle it goes away as usual, but then it leaves a trace like another approach circle, and that's really annoying. How do i get it away? I'm really annoyed by it and it messes up my plays
Haskorion
Diasble hit lighting in the options:
Liweinator

ReddScorn wrote:

Diasble hit lighting in the options:
Thanks
simmka
Hi guys.. can u help me please. i have 2 questions if some one answer me it would be nice..
1st Q - make the cursormiddle.png spin is real?
2nd Q - how to make animation frame drops from cursor like the stars at standart skin cursor ( i mean if u press button stars flows down from ur cursor)/.. i mean when before map starts u hold button and pink stars droppin down from cursor
Dudge

simmka wrote:

Hi guys.. can u help me please. i have 2 questions if some one answer me it would be nice..
1st Q - make the cursormiddle.png spin is real?
2nd Q - how to make animation frame drops from cursor like the stars at standart skin cursor ( i mean if u press button stars flows down from ur cursor)/.. i mean when before map starts u hold button and pink stars droppin down from cursor
Not sure about your first question but for your second question I think you can remove the stars by making star2.png to a transparent image.
abraker
Are there separate hitbursts for the ones you see in the mania mode and on the results screen? I have this idea for a skin, but I need to have the results screen have a different sprite set for the hitbursts.
-Chitose-
Anyone have @2x of this file?
Tonochi
why i try to change stuff for my skin it doesnt acctually change in-game,just reverts back to the default skin. anything i can do?
dws123

athenatpiplup wrote:

why i try to change stuff for my skin it doesnt acctually change in-game,just reverts back to the default skin. anything i can do?
Check in your skin.ini whether your skin is Version:1 or Version:2
Since some Version:1 skin elements have different names in Version:2
Kyousuke
Is there any way I can move the score (the one with accuracy) down? I play mania and it's really distracting cause I always check it. I'd like to move it
look at where my cursor is. Thanks
OsuMe65
Not possible.
Kyousuke
I lurked around yesterday and I saw there's a thing in the skin config and you can change the position but I'm not sure about the number of that
Haskorion
you're thinking of something different. Score and acc can't be moved.
show more