forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Noffy

Milhofo wrote:

Also I don't know what happened to your file dorothy, never happened to me, what resolution do you run your game in? Did you try changing it?
I usually run it in 1366 x 768 (native) with fullscreen mode, but it happens no matter what resolution I use. It's less visible on lower resolutions because of the upscaled blurriness in fullscreen, but it's still there. Only with some elements that I've made does this happen, but no matter I can't seem to make it go away on the ranking letters.
Nyanaro

AlecJumps wrote:

Nyanaro124 wrote:

So i want all my skin sounds to be the same, ive already changed each sound and kept the right names on everything, i have also turned on the skin sound sample setting but it does not work. I need help :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
So, are the skin sounds not the same? Or are there no sounds?

Sorry this is really late.

But the skin sounds are not the same no. It is using the osu skin sounds.
Verniy_Chan
Thanks for your contribution :)
lolfood
Hello, I need help with my hitcircles;

I am trying to get the whole hitcircle coloured the same as the inner ring, http://i.imgur.com/ogYCFzB.png I'm referring to the green inner part of the circle and it would be appreciated if someone could help. I worded that really awkwardly, but I hope you can understand. Essentialy, instead of the inside of the hitcircle being blank, give it the same transparent colour.

my skin can be downloaded here https://www.sendspace.com/file/fxxbzb (It's based off of Nara and uses elements from other skins for personal use). I'm trying to make mine more like the ones from phaze, http://i.imgur.com/gPDQ3sU.png - which has a subtle colour in the hitcircle

Actually, I just took the hitcircle (not overlay) from Phaze and added it to mine and the result was okay.
mijkolsmith

-Geo- wrote:

Hi guys, does anyone have the "sugoi desu" sound ? Thanks :D
This?
Ruin Lance
I need help with the scorebar/health bar.
How do I line up the scorebar with the background of the scorebar?
- Milhofo -

Ruin Lance wrote:

I need help with the scorebar/health bar.
How do I line up the scorebar with the background of the scorebar?
I usually use another skin as an example (open the elements of that skin and see their positioning), or just go by trial and error. Maybe there's a way more simple solution that I don't know of? :P
K-F-C
I need some help with the scoreboard.

For awhile, I could use different elements for the playing field and the scoreboard (blank hit300-0.png, and a actual image for hit300.png), however, since one of the recent updates, the scoreboard seems to be using the hit300-0.png instead, displaying an empty space instead of an image. Anyone know how to fix this ?
Haskorion

K-F-C wrote:

I need some help with the scoreboard.

For awhile, I could use different elements for the playing field and the scoreboard (blank hit300-0.png, and a actual image for hit300.png), however, since one of the recent updates, the scoreboard seems to be using the hit300-0.png instead, displaying an empty space instead of an image. Anyone know how to fix this ?
Rename your old hit300-0.png to hit300-1.png and rename a copy of hit300.png to hit300-0.png. Same goes for hit300g.png

The first animation frame gets shown on the ranking panel and not shown during gameplay due to the fixed animation speed. So no worries about it popping up.
[-Aphobias-]
Was wondering if anyone knew how to make the score pop up along the line for Osu!Mania and just have it be a line rather than numbers. http://puu.sh/d6L2i/98a22d2069.png
leepingfuk
Hi,

I'm visually-impaired and I struggle with several elements in this game, but one in particular I'm having a real problem with is sliders. My eyesight isn't good enough to tell which end of the slider I should be aiming for, so I constantly break combo, or even completely fail, from going the wrong way over a slider. Is it possible to change the colour of the opposite end of the slider only? It seems skins use the hit circles for both ends of the slider, but I'd like to be able to distinguish between each end of the slider by using different colours. Reading through the tutorial, it doesn't seem as though this is possible. I'd be grateful for some advice here.
leepingfuk
Yeah, it's already on, and it helps for easier maps where the circles are quite close to each other, but whenever the jumps are a bit longer I never see the animation. Thanks for the reply. :)
oreNa_
Can someone please help me? My combo burst characters aren't changing.

Does someone know how to fix this?
Rio-

Im Black wrote:

Can someone please help me? My combo burst characters aren't changing.

Does someone know how to fix this?
make sure that you named combobursts as "comboburst" or "comboburst-0, comboburst-1, comboburst-2, and so on".
-[Jess]-
hi,can someone give me some hitsounds?like'pop','ting'sounds? :D
sorry for bad grammer :|
Chaoslitz

jessicakaka wrote:

hi,can someone give me some hitsounds?like'pop','ting'sounds? :D
sorry for bad grammer :|
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/lks

Download the hitsound pack from the userpage and search from it :3
-[Jess]-
i can't dl 'the hitsound pack :(
Chaoslitz

jessicakaka wrote:

i can't dl 'the hitsound pack :(
http://puu.sh/da9ad/94f1aca884.rar

Try this one then
maivecute

Faust wrote:

Thanks for your contribution.marked
troke
didn't work ??
OsuMe65
where?
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Is there a limit to how long the applause sound file is? If not then what is the recommended length for it?
troke
mania-stage-right didn't work
SAOnline

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Is there a limit to how long the applause sound file is? If not then what is the recommended length for it?
I don't believe there is a limit but I can't say for certain. I've used a 20 second sound file before as an applause sound and it works. The common length for most is around 10 seconds or less.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

SAOnline wrote:

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

I don't believe there is a limit but I can't say for certain. I've used a 20 second sound file before as an applause sound and it works. The common length for most is around 10 seconds or less.
Ok. Thank you. This has given me a general idea of how long it should be. :)
OsuMe65

-Troke- wrote:

You misspelled it.
Haskorion

OsuMe65 wrote:

-Troke- wrote:

You misspelled it.
It can't be animated afaik. Only mania-stage-bottom can be animated.
troke

ReddScorn wrote:

It can't be animated afaik. Only mania-stage-bottom can be animated.
oh, it's only mania-stage-bottom ??
i dont know that
nrl
Does anyone know if the osu! theme music can be skinned?
NoClue
Hey guys! Quick question regarding hitnotes.

Is there any way at all to be able to have static coloring on a note?

For example: I wish to put a very small decal at the center of the note but can't get the proper effect for it because of how the hitnote layer is effected by the color change and that I wish for it to not change. I also can't apply the decal to the overlay because I've come to find out that the overlay file goes over the top of the numbers as well.

Kind of stuck but not sure if there's some sort of work around that I can use to achieve this.
Haskorion

NoClue wrote:

For example: I wish to put a very small decal at the center of the note but can't get the proper effect for it because of how the hitnote layer is effected by the color change and that I wish for it to not change. I also can't apply the decal to the overlay because I've come to find out that the overlay file goes over the top of the numbers as well.

Kind of stuck but not sure if there's some sort of work around that I can use to achieve this.
In you skn.ini file search for "HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 1" and change the 1 to a 0, or add that line if it is not in it.
That line changes the numbers to be on top of the overlay instead of behind.
NoClue

ReddScorn wrote:

NoClue wrote:

In you skn.ini file search for "HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 1" and change the 1 to a 0, or add that line if it is not in it.
That line changes the numbers to be on top of the overlay instead of behind.
Oh ho! Thank you very much. Didn't think that you could change the layering order of things.
IA42
eto......

i just read this in changelog but:
- where the mod ico???
- this is skinnable???
- if this skinnable what the name of the file???
- Marco -
So it's not my problem, i can't find it too ;w;
NoClue
Trying to do score numbers with a white border but it looks like it's scaling the size. I'm using the base skin as a reference for the sizes I need but it obviously doesn't seem to help. Any way I can fix this?

lolfood
How can I make my slider ball, http://i.imgur.com/wY47rb7.png , change according to combo colour? Yes I have the option set in Osu!.
Metaknee
My skin is Dashie's skin. My skin is private. My skin public today in poland page! (http/www.chomikuj.pl). My info skin. XD
Rei Hakurei
i hear any update about nK.ini being deprecated,
and some skin addition, could anyone list to me, which thing that got changed recently from 27 november (public release only)? by PMing me ofc
show more