Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
dws123
Depends on the resolution you're using really
There was a recommended size for it somewhere but i forgot what the value was
TFguy
I just used my screen size as dimensions so I could place the countdown wherever I want. It's a heavier file but it's a sure hit.
Oukskirts
Hey does anyone know all of the new sound effects and their file names for them?
-Annie

Oukskirts wrote:

Hey does anyone know all of the new sound effects and their file names for them?
was searching for this too but i can't find it
DeletedUser_4041880

Oukskirts wrote:

welcome.mp3
seeya.mp3

It only works for supporter
-Annie
Thanks man <3
IA42

Oukskirts wrote:

All sound list can be found here.
_KurumiTokisaki
Im starting to get piss i cant find the Dimension for Ranking-Panel pls !!! when i put 1366x768 i get a little space on top and my bar where the score supose to go on are not a the good place PLS !
Renegade Zac
Hi, Does anybody have any psd templates for This that I could have please?
manjumochi

Profound Leader wrote:

Hi, Does anybody have any psd templates for This that I could have please?
t/129191

DL first post link.
Oh... psd files right... (You can do something like copying the original mode-x-med on a 1536x256 psd positioning exactly at the middle, just it).
Traxion
I'm looking for the name of the sound file for random beatmap select (when you press F2)

Before patch it made no sound and now after patch when I hit F2 for random it's making a noise that I really dislike. Anyone know what it's called so I can dump a blank sound file in for it?

Edit: seems like it's also the same sound for clicking my friends to start a chat, as well as other menu options like "Mods"
DeletedUser_4041880

Traxions wrote:

I'm looking for the name of the sound file for random beatmap select (when you press F2)

Before patch it made no sound and now after patch when I hit F2 for random it's making a noise that I really dislike. Anyone know what it's called so I can dump a blank sound file in for it?

Edit: seems like it's also the same sound for clicking my friends to start a chat, as well as other menu options like "Mods"
Maybe these but I'm not sure (I'm too lazy to check):

shutter.wav
select-expand.wav
heartbeat.wav
click-short-confirm.wav
click-short.wav
check-on.wav
check-off.wav

EDIT: I lied, it's click-short-confirm.wav
Traxion
Thanks so much that was exactly what I needed!
pielak213
This is what I'm supposed to have right? I put it in my skin with the name "click-short-confirm.wav" and put a blank sound on most of the wiki gameplay sounds. I even changed to the cutting edge build but whoosh.wav doesn't work. Nothing I put seems to work ;/
OsuMe65

pielak wrote:

This is what I'm supposed to have right? I put it in my skin with the name "click-short-confirm.wav" and put a blank sound on most of the wiki gameplay sounds. I even changed to the cutting edge build but whoosh.wav doesn't work. Nothing I put seems to work ;/
That's the reason why, I bet. A 53 Byte .wav is... err... blank.
pielak213
I'm sorry. I meant that there is an annoying sound I want to skin to have no sound. I tried all of these
shutter.wav
select-expand.wav
heartbeat.wav
click-short-confirm.wav
click-short.wav
check-on.wav
check-off.wav
and I still can't stop the annoying whooshing sound.
Haskorion
whoosh.wav is missing on that list.
playing on public or cutting edge? regarding changelog from 30 oct it should not appear on public at least.
DeletedUser_4041880
The list was supposed to be for Traxions's problem. It's the reason why it doesn't have woosh.wav and whatnot
darkstar2
Nice, this'll be really helpful! ty
Renegade Zac

pielak wrote:

I'm sorry. I meant that there is an annoying sound I want to skin to have no sound. I tried all of these
shutter.wav
select-expand.wav
heartbeat.wav
click-short-confirm.wav
click-short.wav
check-on.wav
check-off.wav
and I still can't stop the annoying whooshing sound.
You want to get a sound file that doesn't annoy you or an empty sound file and save it as whoosh.wav
pielak213
Is there anything wrong with my skin? I have a empty sound file named whoosh.wav. I'm on the cutting edge osu thing. Here is my skin. http://puu.sh/cyt7S.osk

Just for clarification: You can easily hear the sound if you spam f8 or f9 really fast.
Frozenemerald
Hey i want to know how edit the new menu-back button on osu!cuttingedge
Xheriux
Thanks, this was very usefull ^w^
pielak213
Okay I figured out my problem. http://puu.sh/cA3Hh.png

The sound is select-expand.wav if anyone else is annoyed by it.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I have a question: Is the countdown still in this format or has it been anchored at the very centre of the screen now?

Haskorion
depends on skin version. "Version: 1" still has them like that but other versions have them in middle showing individually.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

ReddScorn wrote:

depends on skin version. "Version: 1" still has them like that but other versions have them in middle showing individually.
I'm making a skin under ''Version: 2'' (''Version: 2.3'' to be more precise. I don't know if that'll make any difference :? ). If that's the case, then I'll work my way around it to get it to my liking! Thank you for the help! :D
Hinei
How to make sliders without note in the end?

Hinei wrote:

p/3423744
Hinei

inverness wrote:

Hinei wrote:

p/3423744
I can't do this, because my note contains two elements
-Mo-
I've been trying to fix this for a while with no solution.

The number 0 and 7 seem to be scaled smaller than the rest of the numbers which makes the score look odd. I've tried resizing the dimensions of the files, but it didn't seem to affect it. Oddly it's fine on a 1600x900 monitor, but happens when I use my 1366x768 monitor. Any help?
Topic Starter
MLGnom

-Mo- wrote:

The number 0 and 7 seem to be scaled smaller than the rest of the numbers which makes the score look odd. I've tried resizing the dimensions of the files, but it didn't seem to affect it. Oddly it's fine on a 1600x900 monitor, but happens when I use my 1366x768 monitor. Any help?
Some of them have @2x after name aka they are in HD.
HD is activated when you are using resolution with height higher than 800px or when you force it in your osu!.<username>.cfg
Hinei

-Mo- wrote:

Some of your numbers have HD version, but haven't SD, and when u use SD resolution - they cant turn into SD
-Mo-
I have both SD and HD versions. Removing one or the other has even worst effects.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Hmmm... weird. Are you sure they have correct size? For example SD is 90x90 and HD should be 180x180. and make sure that all numbers have same height.

Can you upload them so I can see them?
-Mo-

MLGnom wrote:

Hmmm... weird. Are you sure they have correct size? For example SD is 90x90 and HD should be 180x180. and make sure that all numbers have same height.

Can you upload them so I can see them?
They are all the same height as eachother. They are also the same width with the exception for 1. They're not the square dimensions as you mentioned, however.

Download for just the numbers.

Edit: Actually, I might've found the problem. I think they were just badly scaled when they were put into SD mode.

Edit 2: Yep, fixed it. I just redid them from the HD versions. Sorry for the inconvinience.
Jaeky
Vanilla
Is it possible that the keys of mania were shown on the graphic key ? If someone does not understand me what I mean (most of people ) , I add a link(s)

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2209550 <-- There are shown keys that are used to play mania, only at begin of map.

https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/2209556 <-- when map is starting, they dissapear...

And... i want them shown always... Can someone help me?

/sorry for bad english ;c
DeletedUser_4041880

EliteDonuts wrote:

For the circle that displays how much time is left in the song (top right corner) does anyone know how I could make it a bar that fills up, rather than a circle?
show more