posted
Total Posts
show more
a1l2d3r4e5d6

dws123 wrote:

it's red by default for skins V2+ if im not mistaken
use skin V1 for it to be colourful
It seems to work. Thank you very much!

Is it permanently red on V2+ skins? If it is, then I'll just remove red on the image and let the game add the red for me (Though I don't think it will work). :D
Chaoslitz

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

dws123 wrote:

Is it permanently red on V2+ skins? If it is, then I'll just remove red on the image and let the game add the red for me (Though I don't think it will work). :D
v2 will have a red colour enforce for your play-warningarrow
you cant remove it :/

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

dws123 wrote:

Tinting mechanics doesn't work like that. It tints pure white colour 100% and pure black colour 0% with all colours inbetween had it's own corresponding value.
or in another words, it will try to recolour everything to the specified colour (in this case, the element is tinted to red)
a1l2d3r4e5d6

Chaoslitz wrote:

So you can't just completely remove all the red in the image expecting the game to add the red then?
a1l2d3r4e5d6

inverness wrote:

Tinting mechanics doesn't work like that. It tints pure white colour 100% and pure black colour 0% with all colours inbetween had it's own corresponding value.
or in another words, it will try to recolour everything to the specified colour (in this case, the element is tinted to red)
Ah, that clears things up for me. Thank you very much.
I'm completely new at this. :oops:
Chaoslitz

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Chaoslitz wrote:

So you can't just completely remove all the red in the image expecting the game to add the red then?
yup, it will still make your whole image be red
TFguy
Are the "@2x" files just a copy or can you work with them for more detail in the elements (Will they scale down)?
Chaoslitz

TFguy wrote:

Are the "@2x" files just a copy or can you work with them for more detail in the elements (Will they scale down)?
elements with @2x means in high quality, and the size is doubled from the original one
Noffy
I know that if a skin has @2x elements and not the standard size elements and you're playing on a non-hd resolution, those elements wont be automatically scaled down making it necessary to have the standard size if playing on non-hd.
Is the reverse the same or will the elements without an @2x be automatically scaled up from their standard size? I can't check myself since my resolution isn't high enough for @2x.
Haskorion
in short:
  1. you use only HD elements and play HD = HD elements are used
  2. you use only HD elements and play SD = default elements are used
  1. you use only SD elements and play SD = SD elements are used
  2. you use only SD elements and play HD = SD elements are used
  1. you use SD and HD elements and play HD = HD elements are used and missing stuff is taken from SD stuff instead of default
  2. you use SD and HD elements and play SD = SD elements are used and HD elements ignored.
That's pretty much it.
fat pear
I need hitsounds. I can't find any hitsounds for drum, soft and normal. Please tell me where I can get some cool hitsounds.
OsuMe65

ReddScorn wrote:

in short:
  1. you use only HD elements and play HD = HD elements are used
  2. you use only HD elements and play SD = default elements are used
  1. you use only SD elements and play SD = SD elements are used
  2. you use only SD elements and play HD = SD elements are used
  1. you use SD and HD elements and play HD = HD elements are used and missing stuff is taken from SD stuff instead of default
  2. you use SD and HD elements and play SD = SD elements are used and HD elements ignored.
That's pretty much it.
No, not short. That's long
--------------------
osu! doesn't scale up SD elements if you're playing in HD because the outcome of "that" behaviour would be horribly ridiculous. Therefore, the 4th situation will happen. (and ignore everything else in the list for this case)

mnasutaru wrote:

I need hitsounds. I can't find any hitsounds for drum, soft and normal. Please tell me where I can get some cool hitsounds.
Check this page for a huge pack of custom hitsounds. Or you can try downloading skins here, usually those got custom hitsounds in aswell.
Serendipity
Hi again,

I come with another issue on skinning ===

I compiled some taiko skins and included them into my actual one.

But it appears when i press the drums the colors aren't aligned > Show picture : http://puu.sh/cjRjW/c1598fc7ed.jpg

I've found it could actually be fixed by ADDING 'version : 2.3' to the skin.ini file - following this thread t/238079

Well that is wrong for me. The problem is occuring while i have this version 2.1, 2.2 , 2.3 added in the skin.ini
and it's working PERFECTLY if i REMOVE the "version : 2.3" thing.

But if i remove it then i lose my other accessories like the thumbnails on songs and stuff like that...

Any idea?
Haskorion
"Version: 2.3" with a capital "V".
Serendipity
yeah for sure. i maybe misswritten it in my previous post but it's like this into the skin.ini file :

[General]
Name: Serendipity
Author: Shroom, Frostei, Evil Genius, Ferna52, JeMhUnTeR, Ongaku, Mashley, -Seren-, rttyui, odesza, LuigiHann and AdventTechno. Compiled by Serendipity.
Version: 2.3
SliderBallFlip: 0
CursorRotate: 0
CursorExpand: 0
CursorCentre: 1
SliderBallFrames: 12
HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 0
SpinnerFrequencyModulate: 1
LayeredHitSounds: 1
SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0
SpinnerNoBlink: 1
AllowSliderBallTint: 1
AnimationFramerate: 6
CursorTrailRotate: 0
CustomComboBurstSounds: 50,100,150,200,250,300,350,400,450,500,550,600,650,700,750,800,850,900,950,1000,1050,1100,1150,1200,1250,1300,1350,1400,1450,1500,1550,1600,1650,1700,1750,1800,1850,1900,1950,2000,2050,2100,2150,2200,2250,2300,2350,2400,2450,2500,2550,2600,2650,2700,2750,2800,2850,2900,2950,3000,3050,3100,3150,3200,3250,3300,3350,3400,3450,3500,3550,3600,3650,3700,3750,3800,3850,3900,3950,4000,4050,4100
ComboBurstRandom: 0
SliderStyle: 3

[Colours]
Combo1: 255,0,0
Combo2: 255,0,127
Combo3: 204,0,204
SliderBorder: 190,190,190
SpinnerApproachCircle: 255,255,255
SliderTrackOverride: 0,0,0
StarBreakAdditive: 253,149,171
MenuGlow: 255,0,255
SongSelectInactiveText: 253,149,171
SongSelectActiveText: 167,96,190

[Fonts]
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: 5
ScorePrefix: score
ScoreOverlap: 3
OsuMe65
There's a new template to fix that drums... http://puu.sh/94poH/9dd786040b.zip

That's RBRat's template. The elements inside that archive works for Version: 2.1 and higher
Serendipity
Awesome, thank you. Everything works perfectly now.
SashaB
I still dont understand the Skin.ini, and i've been willing to try mt skin i created, plus i dont have the .osu or .osr files and stuff ;-; :cry:
FPxOsu
um...
I tried making a ranking-panel for my skin, but it ended up getting having spaces at the top and the side. Also when you scroll down, I can only see half of the local player name. my screen resolution is 1366x768, and i made the ranking-panel with the same size. How do I fix this?
help :?
Alex311360
So, I'm trying to make a ITG 2 theme, and the first thing I did was get the font numbers and put them here.
However, my score numbers are extremely close together.

What am I doing wrong?
OsuMe65

Alex311360 wrote:

So, I'm trying to make a ITG 2 theme, and the first thing I did was get the font numbers and put them here.
However, my score numbers are extremely close together.

What am I doing wrong?
ScoreOverlap: (value)

MLGnom wrote:

This allows you to manipulate the number images. About that “overlap”, the higher it is - the closer the numbers are.
Just adjust this.
Haskorion
For those interested I made some templates a long time ago for myself and decided to share them after a bit of rework.

Redd's Template Pack

This pack contains image and PSD templates for:
  1. inputoverlay
  2. scorebar with ki elements
  3. scorebar with marker element
  4. mode-x-med segmented images
  5. selection bar for V1 skins
  6. selection bar for V2+ skins
  7. ranking-panel + graph for V1 skins
  8. ranking-panel + graph for V2+ skins
  9. menu-button background for V1 skins (old without thumbnail support, up to V2.1)
  10. menu-button background for V2.2+ skins (new with thumbnail support)
  11. taiko drum elements for V1 skins (also for V2.0)
  12. taiko drum elements for V2.1+ skins
accompanied by a small text file including some more detailed infos.

They can also be found at this thread (bit of scrolling): t/186787
[ Pustules ]
this was so great! thank you!
Jibzi
Hello,
I've been reading the tutorial but can't find out how to achieve the thing I want.

My problem is how to change this

into this effect?

I'm talking about the slider when hit, I don't want a BIG circle when I slide, I want something like the red one (a glow?)

Thank you.
DeletedUser_4041880

Jibzi wrote:

Hello,
I've been reading the tutorial but can't find out how to achieve the thing I want.

into this effect?

I'm talking about the slider when hit, I don't want a BIG circle when I slide, I want something like the red one (a glow?)

Thank you.
Find a skin with a slider ball you like and copy and paste the following from that skin to yours:

sliderb0.png
sliderb0@2x.png
sliderfollowcircle.png
sliderfollowcircle@2x.png
Jibzi

Frostei wrote:

Jibzi wrote:

Hello,

into this effect?

Thank you.
Find a skin with a slider ball you like and copy and paste the following from that skin to yours:

sliderb0.png
sliderb0@2x.png
sliderfollowcircle.png
sliderfollowcircle@2x.png
Thank you very much! I finally got it!
Hurray~~
Vinyl LB
I looked through the thread and I didn't see anyone mention this (I may have accidentally passed it over, if so, sorry!) so here's my problem: I made an image in photoshop that I planned on splitting into 3 different pictures for count 1 2 and 3 files.
Here's the picture: http://imgur.com/lJ8LmBl
The problem is when I put the 3 separate pictures into the skin they overlap each other like this: http://imgur.com/7IImJUS
So my question is this: is there a way to stop them from overlapping each other like this?
dws123
Did all of them appear from the middle? If yes, then make the skin into Version: 1 to fix
If they appeared from sides then make the skin into Verson: 2+
If that didnt solve then make sure the size fits
Hope i helped
Vinyl LB

dws123 wrote:

Did all of them appear from the middle? If yes, then make the skin into Version: 1 to fix
If they appeared from sides then make the skin into Verson: 2+
If that didnt solve then make sure the size fits
Hope i helped
I tried changing the skin into different versions but it didn't seem to help. Um..maybe a dumb question but what size would fit for the pictures?
dws123
Depends on the resolution you're using really
There was a recommended size for it somewhere but i forgot what the value was
TFguy
I just used my screen size as dimensions so I could place the countdown wherever I want. It's a heavier file but it's a sure hit.
Oukskirts
Hey does anyone know all of the new sound effects and their file names for them?
-Annie

Oukskirts wrote:

Hey does anyone know all of the new sound effects and their file names for them?
was searching for this too but i can't find it
DeletedUser_4041880

Oukskirts wrote:

welcome.mp3
seeya.mp3

It only works for supporter
-Annie
Thanks man <3
IA42

Oukskirts wrote:

All sound list can be found here.
_KurumiTokisaki
Im starting to get piss i cant find the Dimension for Ranking-Panel pls !!! when i put 1366x768 i get a little space on top and my bar where the score supose to go on are not a the good place PLS !
Renegade Zac
Hi, Does anybody have any psd templates for This that I could have please?
manjumochi

Profound Leader wrote:

Hi, Does anybody have any psd templates for This that I could have please?
t/129191

DL first post link.
Oh... psd files right... (You can do something like copying the original mode-x-med on a 1536x256 psd positioning exactly at the middle, just it).
show more