forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rio-

EliteDonuts wrote:

For the combo popups, it says 768x500, is it height or width first?
It's HeightxWidth, but usually It should be Width xHeight.
Chaoslitz

Can anyone tell me how to make the colour of hitcircle for single note and slider be different? :3
Haskorion
you know that he uses a transparent hitcircle and has a SliderTrackOverride that is not black?
Chaoslitz

ReddScorn wrote:

you know that he uses a transparent hitcircle and has a SliderTrackOverride that is not black?
I don't own that
Change the colour, thats all =w=
I didnt notice the skin.ini ://
Out Of Pancakes

inverness wrote:

You probably have a custom menu-background image in your skin, try to remove it and see if that would work
Thanks for your answer.
There is no menu background image in my skin :l
ShadOhhh
I am not sure if someone has asked but I have a question about default numbers and score numbers. Is there a simple way to create them? Is there a recommended font size maybe or typical creation for these? I seem to always make the numbers too small and they are unevenly spaced due to the different width of the shapes of the numbers.
Broodich
is there any way i can remove the animation after hitting a circle?

Rio-

Broodich wrote:

No You can't

ShadOhhh wrote:

I am not sure if someone has asked but I have a question about default numbers and score numbers. Is there a simple way to create them? Is there a recommended font size maybe or typical creation for these? I seem to always make the numbers too small and they are unevenly spaced due to the different width of the shapes of the numbers.
You can use numbers from other skin as a reference (I usually do this if I want to make a skin-element, including the numbers). For spacing, You can add these lines in Your skin.ini :
[Fonts]
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: *number*

ScorePrefix: score
ScoreOverlap: *number*
*number* : the number You add for spacing, higher number = closer spacing
XilE
Does anyone know if it is possible to prevent stretching of the button-middle element on the mod screen?

Garygoh884

XilE wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to prevent stretching of the button-middle element on the mod screen?

It's not possible to prevent stretching for button-middle. In fact, both button-left and button-right are scalable but not stretchable. These two elements are resizable by width, as button-middle can be used as 1 px which is resizable by osu! defined sizes.
XilE

Garygoh884 wrote:

XilE wrote:

It's not possible to prevent stretching for button-middle. In fact, both button-left and button-right are scalable but not stretchable. These two elements are resizable by width, as button-middle can be used as 1 px which is resizable by osu! defined sizes.
Alright thanks.

XilE wrote:

[Does anyone know if it is possible to prevent stretching of the button-middle element on the mod screen?

You can try to use a wider button-middle to avoid long stretches.
shadowfocus

Rise wrote:

Heya, I've tried to skin a cursor for a skin for a long time, although I had no success, Thought I'd post it here for help :P

The cursor I'm heading for is with cursor trail of

But with these colors :
Cursor - R = 51, G = 255, B = 153
and the cursor trail something a bit lighter such as : R = 102, G = 255, B = 178

Thanks by advance if you can help :>3
maby use this as cursor-smoke just kopie in all folders whit the cursor.png in it and make sure its called cursor-smoke
shadowfocus
if u copie the cursor trail in every folder with the cursor in it and call the copies cursor-smoke it will make the smoke by pressing c red and it fits with the cursor
1th Grader
not working :( anytime i try to add follow points and that stuff like ranks it won't work could somebody help me?
ShadOhhh

Rio- wrote:

ShadOhhh wrote:

You can use numbers from other skin as a reference (I usually do this if I want to make a skin-element, including the numbers). For spacing, You can add these lines in Your skin.ini :
[Fonts]
HitCirclePrefix: default
HitCircleOverlap: *number*

ScorePrefix: score
ScoreOverlap: *number*
*number* : the number You add for spacing, higher number = closer spacing
I was just wondering what font size and if i should re-adjust the image size of my numbers so that they are not dis-positioned (some numbers higher than other numbers on the score line).
Topic Starter
MLGnom

ShadOhhh wrote:

There is no typical recommended font size since fonts are different and they have different sizes. But I will tell you how I do numbers.
First most important is height of numbers for score try not do go over 45px (90px for HD), for default number try to keep them around 45-55px (90px-110px for HD) size but that's up to you.
Width doesn't really matters here since you can manipulate distance between numbers with skin.ini.

You need a good font that doesn't have numbers with different size, it will make your work much harder. I would like to recommend making your numbers large on new workspace and later, resize and copy them into selected numbers.
When you have your numbers ready, resize them to proper size (just do few tries to see with one will fit your desired height) and save them as correct numbers.

Now you would need some corrections.
First of we need to check if height is proper. Just open one of the numbers (0 for example) and put other numbers onto it, compare and see with one need corrections.

For width, reduce any empty space of canvas you have on them and lave 1-2 px of free space on both sides. As below :

Rest of width problems you can correct via skin.ini
Nyanaro
So i want all my skin sounds to be the same, ive already changed each sound and kept the right names on everything, i have also turned on the skin sound sample setting but it does not work. I need help :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
nrl

Rio- wrote:

Broodich wrote:

No You can't
Yes you can. When used with V2+ skins the trick to remove slider-ends also removes note fade-out.
OsuMe65

Rio- wrote:

Broodich wrote:

No You can't

Narrill wrote:

Yes you can. When used with V2+ skins the trick to remove slider-ends also removes note fade-out.
No, even in V2+, although the fadeout is quicker.

Narrill wrote:

No, even in V2+, although the fadeout is quicker.
The trick is to use hitnumbers as hitcircles, which by look truncates slidertails and also removes the zoom transition (it will fade instead)
OsuMe65

inverness wrote:

Narrill wrote:

The trick is to use hitnumbers as hitcircles, which by look truncates slidertails and also removes the zoom transition (it will fade instead)
Dang, I forgot :lol:
Swuffs
Hi! I'm trying to customize a skin but my fail-backround and combo burst pictures aren't working
alecA

SKRedPanda wrote:

Hi! I'm trying to customize a skin but my fail-backround and combo burst pictures aren't working
Make sure the file names are correct.
alecA

Nyanaro124 wrote:

So i want all my skin sounds to be the same, ive already changed each sound and kept the right names on everything, i have also turned on the skin sound sample setting but it does not work. I need help :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
So, are the skin sounds not the same? Or are there no sounds?
Bikko is legit
Hello, can someone tell me how to remove that 1 from the selection-mode?
DeletedUser_4041880

Camelius wrote:

Replace the image named "mode-osu-small.png" with a transparent 1x1 png file.
Bikko is legit

Frostei wrote:

Camelius wrote:

Replace the image named "mode-osu-small.png" with a transparent 1x1 png file.
Thank you.
prebruler
Hello! ^w^

I'm trying to modify my skin for Taiko, but there is something I don't know if it's possible to do.

I would like to know if it's possible to make 1 unique face for all the red notes and 1 unique face for all the blue notes.

Example all the red notes would have this face:

And all the blue notes would have this face:

Is it possible to do? And if so, how can I do that?

Thank you for answering my question ^w^
Haskorion
nope. you can only differentiate for normal notes and big notes, not for red or blue.
prebruler

ReddScorn wrote:

nope. you can only differentiate for normal notes and big notes, not for red or blue.
Now I'm sad TwT
Jaeky

Chaoslitz wrote:

Can anyone tell me how to make the colour of hitcircle for single note and slider be different? :3
In the ski.ini there's Color customization. It goes by RGB, so for example: 225,225,225 would be white, Etc.
Noffy
Is selection-selectoptions.png used anymore? It and -over are in the default skin template I have, but I don't see it anywhere?
sheela

dorothy3242 wrote:

Is selection-selectoptions.png used anymore? It and -over are in the default skin template I have, but I don't see it anywhere?
The feature was removed. So this element isn't used anymore.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Can someone help me with my ranking panel not meeting with the upper panel? I've tried resizing it, but it keeps leaving a gap(where the cursor is). I have also tried it on other skins and the panels seem to meet (or overlap) for them. :?

OsuMe65
It's hopeless. Version: 2+ skins have that anchor.

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Can someone help me with my ranking panel not meeting with the upper panel? I've tried resizing it, but it keeps leaving a gap(where the cursor is). I have also tried it on other skins and the panels seem to meet (or overlap) for them. :?

Resize the ranking panel to 1366x768 and see if that works. If not, try resizing several pixels higher than 1366x768.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

inverness wrote:

Resize the ranking panel to 1366x768 and see if that works. If not, try resizing several pixels higher than 1366x768.
I've tried that. Unfortunately it only moves the panel down, blocking the statistics. :(

OsuMe65 wrote:

It's hopeless. Version: 2+ skins have that anchor.
If that's the case, then it can't be helped :cry:
Off to plan B if it can't be truly solved! :lol:
Or you can also try to switch to skin version 1.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

inverness wrote:

Or you can also try to switch to skin version 1.
No luck there either.
For now, I'll settle with a gradient blend until I find a solution. I'll welcome any other ideas you might have. Thank you for the help. :)

show more