forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Are you sure that you are saving as png WITH option to "Save transparency"?
And no, it's a problem with images.
Serendipity
I guess yes because the new image i created at first was a square white 150x150. And after transparency + save it appears full Black as "mini-icon" in the folder. But when i open it with any image browser, it is completely white on white.

i also asked about skin.ini file because there's a value > HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 0

Not sure if it is related thought.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Like I said it must be problem with images.

Lust69400 wrote:

HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 0
Makes "default-x" numbers to appear above/below hitcircleoverlay.

Can you screenshot save options that you have set for png files?
Serendipity
I don't have the "save options" anywhere so i uploaded the file i've created. But when i open it with photofiltre again, it shows a square with a sort of grid and ppl told me this grid is transparency...

Here is the file : http://www.mediafire.com/view/zz90awj2e ... verlay.png
DeletedUser_4041880
Can you give me the skin? I'll see if I can fix it

EDIT: Nvm, found the unedited skin. I'll make it so that the hit circles don't have the white dot in the middle as well as add numbers. They'll look the same as yours so don't worry. I'll edit this post when I'm finished

EDIT2: The centering of some numbers bugged the living hell out of me so I tried to eyeball some things. Tell me if you want them all centered rather than me placing the numbers wherever. Also if you want another font rather than Arial and a different color, just let me know. Click Here
Serendipity
Well thanks for your job, it's awesome.

If you have time and only because u asked for it, if u can reduce a bit the size it would be perfect.

Edit : Also i tested the skin this way and there's a bug with the 0 (big and white), Else everything seems to work !

I expected something like this for the size :

and seriously thanks again mate.
DeletedUser_4041880
Photoshop was being a dick so it took forever to fix the skin. It has default numbers on it now but you can replace them with the dots whenever you need. Changed the hit circle size a bit so it looks almost like the original skin. Just look in the alt size I added and get the larger one if needed. It's the same size as the original skin but looks a bit odd. Let me know if you want something else changed/added (different font/color for the numbers, increasing volume on sound files, etc). Might as well go all out if I went this far to help rofl

Click here
Serendipity
Tbh, i'm not good enough in english to express my greetings for your awesome stuff & supportive skills.

I don't know yet if there are a lot of changes i could need in the future. I like it this way atm.

I'll add you to friendlist if you don't mind and may consider to gift you some "Osu!Supporter" for your kindness and time.

Also, i'd like to thanks any member who participate in this thread and helped me in anyway. You are awesome guys.

When i read you saying how hard it was to fix the skin, i feel a bit better assuming i failed at this for a reason xD.

I wont abuse the thread more than i did already, i ll just PM you for further changes if needed :)
DeletedUser_4041880
Your English is better than some of my American friends, don't worry. I'll mutal you, but you honestly don't have to gift supporter. Anyone could've fixed your skin- but probably wouldn't go as far as remaking the hit circles and whatnot themselves xd But yeah, just PM me if you want me to fix your other skins or whatnot in the future mate. I'll be happy to help.
MiloSx7
Hello i just have a quick question
my followpoint-0 and -1 are blank, -2 and -3 is a white line (actual followpoint) and -4 and -5 are blank again
I am looking at other skins and trying to figure out how to make my line appear slower, hmm... its way too fast right now and barely visible.

Any advice? Do i need more blank followpoint images between the actual followpoints or more followpoints, or different combination? Thanks!
bokufizi

Serendipity wrote:

Ok thanks i'll try it !

Edit :

Seems it's not working or i did it wrong. I used Photoshop, Ctrl N new image 150x150, then Image>transparency. Saving and replacing the file as hitcircleoverlay.png in the osu!skin/skinname folder.

RESULT >

It gives me this ... :

its like it removed the other circles (those u can find usually on the sliders begin > end) and not the white square.

Here are the only files that i have used (the ones with a blue star icon) :

Do i have to use the other hitcircle images (the ones i ve put into the red square) ?

I want the skin to look like the original with the numbers. :

i know the simple way... you just writing number on the top blank layer on photoshop... and save as *.png and rename it as default- 1 default-2 default-3 --> default-9 you can also change the number font... oh you must make the size of canvas fit with size of hitcircle... it will easier if you have template from other skin default number... so you not have to resized again and again...
DeletedUser_4041880

bokufizi wrote:

i know the simple way... you just writing number on the top blank layer on photoshop... and save as *.png and rename it as default- 1 default-2 default-3 --> default-9 you can also change the number font... oh you must make the size of canvas fit with size of hitcircle... it will easier if you have template from other skin default number... so you not have to resized again and again...
You do realize that it's already fixed, right?
bokufizi

Frostei wrote:

You do realize that it's already fixed, right?
dude i'm so bad in english :3 i dont understand what is "realize" but if you mean "this skin already fixed" i'm just too late for giving advise
but if you mean "did u try it for your skin" i have try this for my skin and it working...
Serendipity

bokufizi wrote:

Serendipity wrote:

Ok thanks i'll try it !

Thanks mate but this problem got solved already so i dont have to learn photoshop (yeahhhhhhh :o)

Edit : Didn't check last posts. Frostei on Fire !
bokufizi

Serendipity wrote:

Thanks mate but this problem got solved already so i dont have to learn photoshop (yeahhhhhhh :o)

u'r welcome... :D
so anybody in here can help me finishing my skin ?
deadbeat
i'll be updating both https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning and maybe https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini sometime soon when i'm home and taken care of some more important matters. this way we can all add missing info to the page. myself or MLGnom can just apply the changes to the wiki page to the OP. thoughts?
Cookiemaid
Yeah sure, why not? Can update Skinning/translating Skin.ini to German. (After Playstyles, though :D)
Seishirou_old_1
wejder
How to convert HD skin into regular?
Chaoslitz

wejder wrote:

How to convert HD skin into regular?
Decrease size for @2x element by 50%

More information: p/3306946
Cillit Bang
is there anyway to change hitcircle colour to just 2 colours.

example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ela0JzR8qno
top right
Haskorion
That is a video showing TAG gameplay. The players choose a colour before the session starts to indicate who gets which combo streaks.

When you want to change your skins colour to only have two colours you go to the skin.ini-file found in your skin folder (go to the options and click "open skin folder" if you don't know where to go) and open it up in a texteditor.
Now scroll down to the section [Colours] and remove the lines "Combo3:" up to "Combo8:" (or 4/5 when you only have this much) or add the lines "Combo1:" and Combo2: if you don't have any colours defined.
It should look like this:
[Colours]
Combo1: R,G,B
Combo2: R,G,B
RGB stands for the colour code that you can look up somewhere and choose colours you would like to use.
Noffy

dorothy3242 wrote:

How do I change the glow color that appears when completing a spinner? I've tried changing the spinner-glow.png color to match the rest of my skin as a test, but the glow is still the same blue color? Was spinner-glow.png for something else? Is there a different image that's related to the blue glow?

EDIT: I'm dumb, so apparently it recolors whatever I have as the spinner-glow.png to blue and flashes to the original color. Is there any way to make it not color to blue?
bump D: I still haven't found a solution besides making it totally blank, but hopefully there's another way to change the tint color?

Another problem

for some reason, the numbers and dots and commas are all anchoring at the top? This started when I went through and recolored the numbers a little. It was fine before.
ClothCurtain
I've seen some skins have different fonts on the song selection menu, how can you customize it? Same with Taiko, although I do know how that works, you get a TTF file and rename it to "Taiko". I'm assuming that's how it also works, although I want to know what do I need to name it. If I'm wrong, please do correct me.
dws123

dorothy3242 wrote:

Another problem

for some reason, the numbers and dots and commas are all anchoring at the top? This started when I went through and recolored the numbers a little. It was fine before.
I think that's actually default
that's why the comma .png file has that space above it
Noffy

dws123 wrote:

dorothy3242 wrote:

Another problem

I've gotten it fixed now, thanks!
Now to wait for the epiphany where I figure out how to change spinner glow tint
reilst
どなたかosumaniaのSpeed set変更時の効果音のファイル名知りませんか?
Please tell me the sound file name of the speed-setting of osu!mania
Translated by Google Translate
Haskorion

dorothy3242 wrote:

dws123 wrote:

I've gotten it fixed now, thanks!
Now to wait for the epiphany where I figure out how to change spinner glow tint
Some small corrections. That is still not default. default-comma/dot/x/percent are leftovers from very early skins. At that time they used the same prefix for the hitcircle numbers and score numbers but that was changed to default being split into default for hitcircles and score for score and other numbers.
Next point: All score numbers are anchored at the top and your previous comma image probably had cut off the empty top part resulting in being smaller in height (e.g. 15x20px instead of 15x50).

To your long awaited answer regarding spinner-glow: You can't. It will always be tinted blue. No options for that.
manjumochi

ReddScorn wrote:

To your long awaited answer regarding spinner-glow: You can't. It will always be tinted blue. No options for that.
Unfortunately, I'd like to have a option to disable tint in skin.ini or, at least, can change color or type of tint (in future versions). For now, this limits a lot creation of new skins, imo.
Noffy

ReddScorn wrote:

What a shame, it would've been nice if it was changeable so it could match custom spinners better. Thanks for telling me though! Even though it's sad I can't change it, I'm glad I finally know for sure that I can't. For future reference, do you know how it's tinted? Subtraction, division, overlay, etc.? Knowing would make it easier to have custom spinner glows that act the way I hope for...

manjumochi wrote:

Unfortunately, I'd like to have a option to disable tint in skin.ini or, at least, can change color or type of tint (in future versions). For now, this limits a lot creation of new skins, imo.

I think this would be a great feature since the current set up of being always tinted blue kind of limits options of making it match the color scheme of the rest of the skin and discourages custom new style spinners. Something like
SpinnerGlowTint: 0/1 or SpinnerGlowTint: 255,255,0 maybe would be a nice addition.
OsuMe65
I bet you should try to request that @ 4
manjumochi

dorothy3242 wrote:

I think this would be a great feature since the current set up of being always tinted blue kind of limits options of making it match the color scheme of the rest of the skin and discourages custom new style spinners. Something like
SpinnerGlowTint: 0/1 or SpinnerGlowTint: 255,255,0 maybe would be a nice addition.
Not only on spinners, but there are on warning arrows too. And other elements too.

OsuMe65 wrote:

I bet you should try to request that @ 4
Nice idea.
IA42
Hi everyone sorry if i'm bothering you but i just wanna know something
SPOILER
Can i change this thing?
SPOILER
Can i change "Chart" Background?
SPOILER
What name of this element?
SPOILER
How to move "Unranked" thing to the under score like this skin?
Just only that's sorry for bad english and thank you :D
OsuMe65
1. No
2. No, i bet
3. selection-mod-target.png
4. He used a wide image width and standard height for that image.
IA42

OsuMe65 wrote:

He used a wide image width and standard height for that image.
oh i see, Thank you~ :D
auraX
Guys , i need a little bit of help with the combobreak sound. I made a thread about it and they redirected me to this thread. So I recorded a 1 second sound which i want to use as a combobreak sound in my osu skin , but i can't seem to make it work. I named it combobreak.wav(the same name my last combobreak sound was which worked, i also tried combobreak.mp3 since i saw in some other threads they had their combobreak sounds with an mp3 format) but it wouldn't work , the file is also smaller than the one that i used before. It's 218 kb. Does anyone have any idea why it might not be working ?
Haskorion
Well, it never works on small combo chains. Build up some larger combo chains like 30+ and after that it should be played. Otherwise you made it very quiet so it hardly gets noticed during play.
auraX
When i open the file it's as loud as my previous one , and i test it after breaking a 60-70 combo just in case.
OsuMe65

ReddScorn wrote:

Well, it never works on small combo chains. Build up some larger combo chains like 30+ and after that it should be played. Otherwise you made it very quiet so it hardly gets noticed during play.
It's 21+ combo. 30+ will do too. But if you missed the 21st circle, then it (combobreak.wav) won't trigger
auraX
Well as i said i just did like 70+combo and then stopped doing anything , that should definatelly trigger it if it worked.
show more