forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
nrl
I thought not, but wasn't sure.
bosmen5
ktoś wie może czemu mi dźwięki prawidłowo nie działają ?
mam wgrane rożne dźwięki ale jak jednego brakuje (mam własne) to ten jeden co go brak, jest oryginalny z osu
i sie dzieje tak że jak gram to te dźwięki się same w sobie mieszają .-.
czyli nie są stałe i ten jeden dźwięk robi tak że np, on jest pod normal hit, potem się miesza i idzie pod slider , potem pod spinera...
wkurza to
poza tym, świetnie się robi skiny ale dźwięki denerowją strasznie .-.
ktoś ma jakąś rade to tego ?
dws123

bosmen5 wrote:

ktoś wie może czemu mi dźwięki prawidłowo nie działają ?
mam wgrane rożne dźwięki ale jak jednego brakuje (mam własne) to ten jeden co go brak, jest oryginalny z osu
i sie dzieje tak że jak gram to te dźwięki się same w sobie mieszają .-.
czyli nie są stałe i ten jeden dźwięk robi tak że np, on jest pod normal hit, potem się miesza i idzie pod slider , potem pod spinera...
wkurza to
poza tym, świetnie się robi skiny ale dźwięki denerowją strasznie .-.
ktoś ma jakąś rade to tego ?
ummm. english please?
deadbeat
oh right, not sure if you all know about this yet, but i'd suggest reading this blog, covers some mania.ini stuff http://smgi.me/?p=170
might find it helpful :3
OsuMe65
I see smoog's idea. Might test it sooner or later.
bokufizi
can you explain with me more details about upload skin to osu! skinning forum and what must i do after upload my skin to puush ?
i'm a newbie about skinning and i got nothink to do.
Elzapatoverde

deadbeat wrote:

oh right, not sure if you all know about this yet, but i'd suggest reading this blog, covers some mania.ini stuff http://smgi.me/?p=170
Nice, it makes me want to reinstate mania on my skins.
Chaoslitz

If anyone knows the name of this font? >w<
TouchFluffyTail

deadbeat wrote:

My excitement is intensifying.
IA42
can anyone tell me where to get this ranking letter?
waaiiru

IA42 wrote:

can anyone tell me where to get this ranking letter?
originally made by "someone" i know but you can get it from here https://www.mediafire.com/?ak9kibcy2nhyc42
Noffy
How do I change the glow color that appears when completing a spinner? I've tried changing the spinner-glow.png color to match the rest of my skin as a test, but the glow is still the same blue color? Was spinner-glow.png for something else? Is there a different image that's related to the blue glow?

EDIT: I'm dumb, so apparently it recolors whatever I have as the spinner-glow.png to blue and flashes to the original color. Is there any way to make it not color to blue?
Serendipity
Hey guys,

Apologize for my english, its not my native language at all, thanks.

I started a previous thread yesterday about my problem > you can find it there : t/243809

I'm using a skin that i do really enjoy, but there's no numbers on the hitcircles and as a beginner i get in troubles when it's the time for some weird square patterns. I did try to follow the answer made by ClothCurtain, but it seems i'm doing it wrong.

I did open the right files into my photo editor (e.g gimp) and i tried an absolute basic move to make the numbers appear.

The result is ... :

Wich is not what i was looking for.. at all :D.

I have no knowledge about gfx things or even drawing...

Anyone may help me realise it ? (advices or some try)
Rio-

Lust69400 wrote:

Hey guys,

I started a previous thread yesterday about my problem > you can find it there : t/243809

I'm using a skin that i do really enjoy, but there's no numbers on the hitcircles and as a beginner i get in troubles when it's the time for some weird square patterns. I did try to follow the answer made by ClothCurtain, but it seems i'm doing it wrong.

I did open the right files into my photo editor (e.g gimp) and i tried an absolute basic move to make the numbers appear.

The result is ... :

Make the Picture transparent (no white background) and save as *.png
Garygoh884

Lust69400 wrote:

Hey guys,

The result is ... :

It'll be done by removing the white background in hitcircleoverlay.png, ie. by using a transparent image.

To make a transparent image, create a new image (CTRL-N), then open up Advanced Options, and lastly change the "Fill with" dropdown value to Transparency. Define the size in any way you want but not too big, then hit OK. You can save your created image afterwards.
Serendipity
Ok thanks i'll try it !

Edit :

Seems it's not working or i did it wrong. I used Photoshop, Ctrl N new image 150x150, then Image>transparency. Saving and replacing the file as hitcircleoverlay.png in the osu!skin/skinname folder.

RESULT >

It gives me this ... :

its like it removed the other circles (those u can find usually on the sliders begin > end) and not the white square.

Here are the only files that i have used (the ones with a blue star icon) :

Do i have to use the other hitcircle images (the ones i ve put into the red square) ?

I want the skin to look like the original with the numbers. :

OsuMe65
Are you saving it as a .jpg file?
Serendipity
No they are all .png

Could be an issue due to .ini file?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Are you sure that you are saving as png WITH option to "Save transparency"?
And no, it's a problem with images.
Serendipity
I guess yes because the new image i created at first was a square white 150x150. And after transparency + save it appears full Black as "mini-icon" in the folder. But when i open it with any image browser, it is completely white on white.

i also asked about skin.ini file because there's a value > HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 0

Not sure if it is related thought.
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Like I said it must be problem with images.

Lust69400 wrote:

HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 0
Makes "default-x" numbers to appear above/below hitcircleoverlay.

Can you screenshot save options that you have set for png files?
Serendipity
I don't have the "save options" anywhere so i uploaded the file i've created. But when i open it with photofiltre again, it shows a square with a sort of grid and ppl told me this grid is transparency...

Here is the file : http://www.mediafire.com/view/zz90awj2e ... verlay.png
DeletedUser_4041880
Can you give me the skin? I'll see if I can fix it

EDIT: Nvm, found the unedited skin. I'll make it so that the hit circles don't have the white dot in the middle as well as add numbers. They'll look the same as yours so don't worry. I'll edit this post when I'm finished

EDIT2: The centering of some numbers bugged the living hell out of me so I tried to eyeball some things. Tell me if you want them all centered rather than me placing the numbers wherever. Also if you want another font rather than Arial and a different color, just let me know. Click Here
Serendipity
Well thanks for your job, it's awesome.

If you have time and only because u asked for it, if u can reduce a bit the size it would be perfect.

Edit : Also i tested the skin this way and there's a bug with the 0 (big and white), Else everything seems to work !

I expected something like this for the size :

and seriously thanks again mate.
DeletedUser_4041880
Photoshop was being a dick so it took forever to fix the skin. It has default numbers on it now but you can replace them with the dots whenever you need. Changed the hit circle size a bit so it looks almost like the original skin. Just look in the alt size I added and get the larger one if needed. It's the same size as the original skin but looks a bit odd. Let me know if you want something else changed/added (different font/color for the numbers, increasing volume on sound files, etc). Might as well go all out if I went this far to help rofl

Click here
Serendipity
Tbh, i'm not good enough in english to express my greetings for your awesome stuff & supportive skills.

I don't know yet if there are a lot of changes i could need in the future. I like it this way atm.

I'll add you to friendlist if you don't mind and may consider to gift you some "Osu!Supporter" for your kindness and time.

Also, i'd like to thanks any member who participate in this thread and helped me in anyway. You are awesome guys.

When i read you saying how hard it was to fix the skin, i feel a bit better assuming i failed at this for a reason xD.

I wont abuse the thread more than i did already, i ll just PM you for further changes if needed :)
DeletedUser_4041880
Your English is better than some of my American friends, don't worry. I'll mutal you, but you honestly don't have to gift supporter. Anyone could've fixed your skin- but probably wouldn't go as far as remaking the hit circles and whatnot themselves xd But yeah, just PM me if you want me to fix your other skins or whatnot in the future mate. I'll be happy to help.
MiloSx7
Hello i just have a quick question
my followpoint-0 and -1 are blank, -2 and -3 is a white line (actual followpoint) and -4 and -5 are blank again
I am looking at other skins and trying to figure out how to make my line appear slower, hmm... its way too fast right now and barely visible.

Any advice? Do i need more blank followpoint images between the actual followpoints or more followpoints, or different combination? Thanks!
bokufizi

Serendipity wrote:

Ok thanks i'll try it !

Edit :

Seems it's not working or i did it wrong. I used Photoshop, Ctrl N new image 150x150, then Image>transparency. Saving and replacing the file as hitcircleoverlay.png in the osu!skin/skinname folder.

RESULT >

It gives me this ... :

its like it removed the other circles (those u can find usually on the sliders begin > end) and not the white square.

Here are the only files that i have used (the ones with a blue star icon) :

Do i have to use the other hitcircle images (the ones i ve put into the red square) ?

I want the skin to look like the original with the numbers. :

i know the simple way... you just writing number on the top blank layer on photoshop... and save as *.png and rename it as default- 1 default-2 default-3 --> default-9 you can also change the number font... oh you must make the size of canvas fit with size of hitcircle... it will easier if you have template from other skin default number... so you not have to resized again and again...
DeletedUser_4041880

bokufizi wrote:

i know the simple way... you just writing number on the top blank layer on photoshop... and save as *.png and rename it as default- 1 default-2 default-3 --> default-9 you can also change the number font... oh you must make the size of canvas fit with size of hitcircle... it will easier if you have template from other skin default number... so you not have to resized again and again...
You do realize that it's already fixed, right?
bokufizi

Frostei wrote:

You do realize that it's already fixed, right?
dude i'm so bad in english :3 i dont understand what is "realize" but if you mean "this skin already fixed" i'm just too late for giving advise
but if you mean "did u try it for your skin" i have try this for my skin and it working...
Serendipity

bokufizi wrote:

Serendipity wrote:

Ok thanks i'll try it !

Thanks mate but this problem got solved already so i dont have to learn photoshop (yeahhhhhhh :o)

Edit : Didn't check last posts. Frostei on Fire !
bokufizi

Serendipity wrote:

Thanks mate but this problem got solved already so i dont have to learn photoshop (yeahhhhhhh :o)

u'r welcome... :D
so anybody in here can help me finishing my skin ?
deadbeat
i'll be updating both https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning and maybe https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini sometime soon when i'm home and taken care of some more important matters. this way we can all add missing info to the page. myself or MLGnom can just apply the changes to the wiki page to the OP. thoughts?
Cookiemaid
Yeah sure, why not? Can update Skinning/translating Skin.ini to German. (After Playstyles, though :D)
Seishirou_old_1
wejder
How to convert HD skin into regular?
Chaoslitz

wejder wrote:

How to convert HD skin into regular?
Decrease size for @2x element by 50%

More information: p/3306946
Cillit Bang
is there anyway to change hitcircle colour to just 2 colours.

example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ela0JzR8qno
top right
Haskorion
That is a video showing TAG gameplay. The players choose a colour before the session starts to indicate who gets which combo streaks.

When you want to change your skins colour to only have two colours you go to the skin.ini-file found in your skin folder (go to the options and click "open skin folder" if you don't know where to go) and open it up in a texteditor.
Now scroll down to the section [Colours] and remove the lines "Combo3:" up to "Combo8:" (or 4/5 when you only have this much) or add the lines "Combo1:" and Combo2: if you don't have any colours defined.
It should look like this:
[Colours]
Combo1: R,G,B
Combo2: R,G,B
RGB stands for the colour code that you can look up somewhere and choose colours you would like to use.
show more