forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Gritoit
Just make your cursor image huge like say 800 x 800 (or even bigger might be best to do it at your resolution or even double your resolution) and make sure to put the normal cursor dead center and just use guides to put thin lines horizontally and vertically.
rep_old_1
Can someone explain to me exactly what parts of the slider "sliderb.png" and "sliderb0.png" are? Thank you
manjumochi

repath wrote:

Can someone explain to me exactly what parts of the slider "sliderb.png" and "sliderb0.png" are? Thank you
It is the sliderball.
rep_old_1
What image(s) do I need to edit to change these buttons?
These buttons that say "Export as .osk", "Get more skins", "Random Beatmap"

Topic Starter
MLGnom
Button-left, Button-middle, Button-right
This is skin part for buttons that you can find in several places in osu!, like mods selection menu, beatmap options, multiplayer/match buttons etc.
As you can see, every button is made of 3 parts. Left, middle and right. You need to be careful to made them at same height. To have correctly aligned parts remember that button-left must be connected to the right side of picture workspace and button-right to the left.

While adding any pattern/objects to it, remember that in some places button is resized... it can look a little ugly.

nrl

DahplA wrote:

Can anyone tell me how I can get a cursor like this. It has lines coming out of it horizontally and vertically. If you don't get what I'm talking about...
It's like this, but with proper dimensions:
AGRX
Is posible to skin menu option "back" button ??
Rio-

Agrrox wrote:

Is posible to skin menu option "back" button ??
currently... You can't
rep_old_1
How do I change the song length timer circle into a timer bar? Or make other customizations to the timer?
Italian_Pastaaa
I've been trying to put a pause background but it doesn't seem to work :? this is my first time so could someone please help me out? ]
rep_old_1

Italian_Pastaaa wrote:

I've been trying to put a pause background but it doesn't seem to work :? this is my first time so could someone please help me out? ]
I believe the file is pause-overlay.png
OsuMe65
It's pause-overlay.png
Yeppers
I've been trying to figure out how to rename a skin so that the name appears differently in the "select skin" part on osu! and i cant find out how or any information about it. Can i haz some help?
Chaoslitz

Yeppers wrote:

I've been trying to figure out how to rename a skin so that the name appears differently in the "select skin" part on osu! and i cant find out how or any information about it. Can i haz some help?
Rename it in the skin.ini file

General->Name
rep_old_1
Which parts of the menu does "MenuGlow" in skin.ini change? I tried changing the RGB color to 255,0,0 (which is a bright red) and I can't see anything in any of the game menus that is red or turns red at all.
Rio-

repath wrote:

Which parts of the menu does "MenuGlow" in skin.ini change? I tried changing the RGB color to 255,0,0 (which is a bright red) and I can't see anything in any of the game menus that is red of turns red at all.
You need supporter-tag to make the menuglow start working...
Italian_Pastaaa

repath wrote:

Italian_Pastaaa wrote:

I believe the file is pause-overlay.png

oh, Ive finally got it to work. Thank You! :D
rep_old_1
For the sliders, how do I only make the part you need to click on bolded? For example:

You see on the slider on the right, the one you need to click on is bolded, but the part you don't need to click on is not bolded.
Ayesha Altugle
Possible by making the thin part filename "hitcircleoverlay.png" and making the bolded part filename "hitcircleoverlay-0.png"

Proof Skin
http://puu.sh/b45zm/d95b703dd3.osk
rep_old_1
Thanks, that worked
Inori

So is it possible to fix this without reverting back to skin version 1 or 2
Haskorion
have the taiko-drums on a 90x200 (180x400 for HD) canvas size aligned with the taiko-bar-left.png. That would be my suggestion.
One Miss
how do i increase my cursor trail length???
quit-osu
could someone explain me why wont my spinner show in the game?
the elements are in the folder AND ive added '''//Version: 2.2''' in the ''skin'' file.
OsuMe65
remove // before Version: 2.2

// hides the code written next to it, causing osu! to skip the specific code written after //
Supairo

dogsticks wrote:

how do i increase my cursor trail length???
For some reason, the cursor trail is much longer if you have "cursormiddle(@2x).png" in your skin folder. If you don't want to use one, just make it transparent.

Cookie0-0 wrote:

could someone explain me why wont my spinner show in the game?
the elements are in the folder AND ive added '''//Version: 2.2''' in the ''skin'' file.
>"//Version: 2.2"

What OsuMe65 said (you appeared while I was writing!). If you're using a v2 Spinner ("spinner-top"; "spinner-bottom"...) then it will work. However, if you're using "spinner-background.png", then the v1 Spinner will be used, regardless of the skin version used. Be careful with that.

Example

The highlighted elements are used in the skin v2. "spinner-warning" and "spinner-circle" are used for Taiko.

It gives something like that:

However, with "spinner-background", it gives this:
Delsoonbye
Hmmmm for some reason my section fail sound is alot softer and barely can hear it unlike all my other sounds.

Is this a quality problem or can i change it to be louder from some sort of skin.ini setting
DeletedUser_4041880

proximuhtyz wrote:

Hmmmm for some reason my section fail sound is alot softer and barely can hear it unlike all my other sounds.

Is this a quality problem or can i change it to be louder from some sort of skin.ini setting
Just download Audacity or something similar to it and increase the volume of the sound file with it. I'm not sure if increasing the effect volume in options would make the section fail sound louder. Can't hurt to try that first though
Fookiz
can someone help me ?
Basically what i want is like a dot, then no dot after.
So what i did i changed the default-1 to a dot, then default-2 to insvible 1x1 pixel and so on.
The problem that i encaunterd is if a slider hit circle number is 2 4 6 8, you can't see where the start of it is.( i know you can technically see where it stars forming).
What i want is there to be a dot on the start of every slider, so can either someone help me or just do it for me? nobody that i asked knows.
here is the skin: https://www.mediafire.com/?tah7l2ddnehv17d
Elzapatoverde

Fookiezi wrote:

can someone help me ?
So what i did i changed the default-1 to a dot, then default-2 to insvible 1x1 pixel and so on.
The problem that i encaunterd is if a slider hit circle number is 2 4 6 8, you can't see where the start of it is.( i know you can technically see where it stars forming).
What i want is there to be a dot on the start of every slider, so can either someone help me or just do it for me? nobody that i asked knows.
I don't think that is possible, the default-n.png files are used for circles and sliders equally.
Rise_old_1
I meant maybe there is a way to do the default number like in t/222615 where the default numbers are the circles themselves,
so you do 1 circle with a dot and 1 without and it is still visible to the player when there are sliders (and to show the circles with dots or without and still make it visible) aswell.
Mathsma

Fookiezi wrote:

can someone help me ?
Sort of like this?

If it's like that, what you do is make the numbers like an overlay and then in the skin.ini you make the HitCircleOverlap equal to the image width of the default-x.
Here are the ones from my skin - http://puu.sh/bbTVi/562e7cae99.zip - Add HitCircleOverlap: 128 to your skin.ini if it is not there or if it is different.
Fookiz

Mathsma wrote:

Fookiezi wrote:

can someone help me ?
Sort of like this?

If it's like that, what you do is make the numbers like an overlay and then in the skin.ini you make the HitCircleOverlap equal to the image width of the default-x.
Here are the ones from my skin - http://puu.sh/bbTVi/562e7cae99.zip - Add HitCircleOverlap: 128 to your skin.ini if it is not there or if it is different.
thx ill try that, ^_^
i kinda still don't understand how though..
i changed the skin.ini thing to 38 like mine has, i didnt understand the numbers overlay part. >_<
https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/1977713 here is what it looks like.
Mathsma
I'll upload my current skin so you can look at it and try to figure out what is different with yours. http://puu.sh/bbWNE/b3e6fb0b9e.zip
Delsoonbye

Frostei wrote:

proximuhtyz wrote:

Just download Audacity or something similar to it and increase the volume of the sound file with it. I'm not sure if increasing the effect volume in options would make the section fail sound louder. Can't hurt to try that first though
I will try that : D

also i have another quick question , i made some custom pasue menu buttons. For them to be transparent do i have to make them transparent in photoshop or is it a some sort of setting?

if its for photoshop , i have to wonder how to make black transparent : /
Fookiz

Mathsma wrote:

I'll upload my current skin so you can look at it and try to figure out what is different with yours. http://puu.sh/bbWNE/b3e6fb0b9e.zip
i still don't understand, does it has somthing to do with the default-blul and default-redl?
EDIT: actully YOU didnt understand what i was saying lol x3x i think if you download my skin it will be easier to understand
i have 1=dot 2=no dot 3=dot 4= no dot
but then whenever a slider an even number(2,4,6,8) it has no dot.
dws123
Well that makes sense, since your even numbers don't have dots so your sliders at even numbers wont have dots.
If you want sliders at even numbers to have dots then put the dots in even numbers .png
Normal hitcircles and sliders have the same set of numbering soo...
Fookiz

dws123 wrote:

Well that makes sense, since your even numbers don't have dots so your sliders at even numbers wont have dots.
If you want sliders at even numbers to have dots then put the dots in even numbers .png
Normal hitcircles and sliders have the same set of numbering soo...
lol thats the thing but then i could not have dots in other numbers, also prefer un even as every combo starts with 1
dws123
Then simply put, if you want sliders at even numbers to have dots then put the dots in even numbers .png (ctrl c+ctrl v-ed this)
If you don't put dots in the even numbers .png then no dots in the even sliders for you
Simple as that
tokaku
Could someone explain to me how the new spinner works? All the spinner-top and stuff
show more