forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rika-chan
play-warningarrow is rendered as red in osu when 2.2 was introduced. Whether I'm on 2.0, 2.1, or 2.2 it still renders red. How would I remedy this?
TouchFluffyTail

CarlGel wrote:

play-warningarrow is rendered as red in osu when 2.2 was introduced. Whether I'm on 2.0, 2.1, or 2.2 it still renders red. How would I remedy this?
It's actually been that way since 2.0.

Edit: And I should have said; and you can't change the behavior unless you revert to 1.0.
Rika-chan

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

CarlGel wrote:

It's actually been that way since 2.0.

Edit: And I should have said; and you can't change the behavior unless you revert to 1.0.
Dang. I guess I'll have to fix my taiko skin, because it breaks in 1.0.
IamBaum
Hi there, i got a small problem with my customisation.

I wanted to remove the Black borders from the Longnotes, but when i do that, then i get this annoying..... let's say bug :(
(The green longnotes is the one with the removed black border)
It seems that the "Mania-NoteSL.png"* is at the same spot as the "Mania-NoteSH.png"* and it's usually just hidden behind it, but it gets revealed once the black borders are removed. (Although this only occurs at the beginning of the longnotes, the ending is fine, even though the Beginning and Ending use the same .png file.

* Mania-NoteSL.png: (Middle part of the Longnote)
* Mania-NoteSH.png: (beginning and Ending part of the Longnote)

Does any1 knows a solution for this problem, i don't know how to fix this myself :(
[-Aphobias-]
Yo, was wondering how i can re-color a skin to a different color without overlapping/blending the colors or removing some of the reflecting light effects off it?
Kinda like making this red without losing the tones and stuff http://imgur.com/KdC6QOt
Lunachii
Someone here know how to make the spinner back ground with...normal shading?
I mean... since the update of default skin the spinner BG is darker than the spiiner metre. (saying about some that I downloaded wich the spinner metre is a part of the BG picture)
I through it was the skin itself but then I saw that this darker spinner BG is in any skin... Someone know how to make your spinner BG get the normal color?

Sorry for my bad english. D:
Rio-

Aphobias wrote:

Yo, was wondering how i can re-color a skin to a different color without overlapping/blending the colors or removing some of the reflecting light effects off it?
Kinda like making this red without losing the tones and stuff http://imgur.com/KdC6QOt
You can Use Hue/Saturation Adjustment in Photoshop

Constantine
hi

when i modify the lobby-background.jpg and matchsetup-background.jpg

It wont changing, instead of custom BG it shows the menu-background with darker image.

Can you help me?

bad english .-.
Rio-

Constantine wrote:

hi

when i modify the lobby-background.jpg and matchsetup-background.jpg

It wont changing, instead of custom BG it shows the menu-background with darker image.

Can you help me?

bad english .-.
I believe those 2 pictures are not usable anymore (It's been almost a year since It was disabled iirc)
Lirai
Can i ask a question, IF i have a software that can change background,Osu Big Logo,Solo button, Edit Button on my osu interface and i'm not a supporter,Can i get Banned with that ?
OsuMe65
Yes. You can be banned. Somebody did that one and was shot for good.
Lirai

OsuMe65 wrote:

Yes. You can be banned. Somebody did that one and was shot for good.
Oh i see thank you, I wouldn't do that if i could ,cause i might say that illegal 8-)
D e s
can we change the color of menu-button background via skin.ini?
Salamat
I'm new to skinning, but it's bugging me that my taiko-slider.png and taiko-slider-fail.png does not show up for certain songs. Why is it that it shows up on most songs but not on others? And is there a way to fix this?
Garygoh884

salamat wrote:

I'm new to skinning, but it's bugging me that my taiko-slider.png and taiko-slider-fail.png does not show up for certain songs. Why is it that it shows up on most songs but not on others? And is there a way to fix this?
Some beatmaps have storyboards, consisting of visualization sprites. To enhance storyboard visibility while playing in Taiko, slider sprites, like taiko-slider.png and taiko-slider-fail.png are made invisible. If these sprites were visible regardless of their alpha channel (transparency), it may obstruct visibility for some storyboarding sprites.
ceschierpadua
Does anyone here know where I can find the "slider follow circle" like the one in the video?
Salamat

Garygoh884 wrote:

salamat wrote:

Some beatmaps have storyboards, consisting of visualization sprites. To enhance storyboard visibility while playing in Taiko, slider sprites, like taiko-slider.png and taiko-slider-fail.png are made invisible. If these sprites were visible regardless of their alpha channel (transparency), it may obstruct visibility for some storyboarding sprites.
Thank you very much. :)
Meepergon
Do cursor sizes affect the hitbox of the cursor?

Also, is there any way to change the color the game tints warning arrows?

Thanks in advance!
Ayesha Altugle

Meepergon wrote:

Do cursor sizes affect the hitbox of the cursor?
I think it isn't

Meepergon wrote:

Also, is there any way to change the color the game tints warning arrows?
I think no because "Version: 2" and beyond's behaviour to tint the warning arrows to color red
[cocoa]_old
Can i put default-(num) in front of hitcircleoverlay?
Garygoh884

[cocoa] wrote:

Can i put default-(num) in front of hitcircleoverlay?
Yes, for each hitcircle, you can decide whether to put these number sprites in front of its hitcircleoverlay by adding "HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 0" to your skin.ini, or setting this value to 1 otherwise. These numbers are always drawn on top of its hitcircle.png.
[cocoa]_old

Garygoh884 wrote:

Yes, for each hitcircle, you can decide whether to put these number sprites in front of its hitcircleoverlay by adding "HitCircleOverlayAboveNumber: 0" to your skin.ini, or setting this value to 1 otherwise. These numbers are always drawn on top of its hitcircle.png.
Haha it's work :D
Thanks~
[Pikachu]
Hey, I just got myself a new skin but how can I get rid of this bg pictures showing up in the songselection I don't like it and my last skin didn't had it. http://puu.sh/9DAwC/5332b2b8d5.jpg
Ayesha Altugle

Disable "Show Thumbnails" in options
[Pikachu]

vahn10 wrote:

Disable "Show Thumbnails" in options

Thanks!
[ Pingu ]

[Pikachu] wrote:

Hey, I just got myself a new skin but how can I get rid of this bg pictures showing up in the songselection I don't like it and my last skin didn't had it. http://puu.sh/9DAwC/5332b2b8d5.jpg
Go in skin.ini and find the version bit at the beginning of the notepad. It should be on 2.2, but change it to 2 to get rid of the pictures.
Or the other way xD
[cocoa]_old

Could someone tell me name of the new CTB when he "Panic" and when "Kiai time" came???
Ayesha Altugle
I don't know but try this

RBRat3 wrote:

Fruit-catcher-idle.png
Fruit-catcher-kiai.png
Fruit-catcher-fail.png
Hitorikko
cool ! i want to try making one..
Elzapatoverde

vahn10 wrote:

RBRat3 wrote:

Fruit-catcher-idle.png
Fruit-catcher-kiai.png
Fruit-catcher-fail.png
I don't think this is working for skinning yet, i tried and it wont recognize the elements :(

EDIT: well i just read it is working for some people so... why is this happening:

Did i wrote something wrong? I've checked 987439 times.

I tried with version 2 and 2.2 but doesn't work, it always shows the old ryuuta.
[cocoa]_old

vahn10 wrote:

RBRat3 wrote:

Fruit-catcher-idle.png
Fruit-catcher-kiai.png
Fruit-catcher-fail.png
It's work!!! Thank you vahn10 :D

Elzapatoverde wrote:

I don't think this is working for skinning yet, i tried and it wont recognize the elements :(

EDIT: well i just read it is working for some people so... why is this happening:

Did i wrote something wrong? I've checked 987439 times.

In my case, i just add
Version: latest
to the skin.ini i dunno it's work on another ppl PC
Elzapatoverde
But:

OsuMe65 wrote:

NEVER use "latest" as your Version if you have plans to share it :3
And it is my Hinanawi Tenshi skin, of course i'm gonna share it.
OsuMe65
Never use "Version: latest" to a skin if you want to distribute it here.

Use Version: 2.3 since it's the latest version as of now. That is, if you want to distribute that skin.
Elzapatoverde
Thank you so much, it works fine now using Version: 2.3
[cocoa]_old

OsuMe65 wrote:

Use Version: 2.3 since it's the latest version as of now. That is, if you want to distribute that skin.
WOW!!! it's work, thank you very much :D
Chaoslitz

OsuMe65 wrote:

Actually a skin without the 'version' in the skin.txt accepted now?
coz I have another skin in progress that started to edit before the ver2.3 one
Angelo

Angelo wrote:

Did someone have the osu! logo on the osu!tablet in HD please (.png or .svg) ? :) :

I finally found it :D
kiki
Is it possible to change the FPS counter from using the default-numbers?
Garygoh884

Keanulaszlo wrote:

Is it possible to change the FPS counter from using the default-numbers?
Changing default numbers affects both FPS and hitcircle numbers if you use the default prefix for hitcircles as in your skin.ini. So if you want to change these two numbers individually, these are the steps, according to what I commented on the latest release notes:

xrate56
How do I make a @x2 image without losing quality? When I double the size of an image it is very blurry.
show more