Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
BlackMidKnight

satriobp wrote:

ashketchum1234 wrote:

A little help here...

What will I do to make hitcircles appear in only one/single color?
use combo1 & combo2 only in the skin.ini (but with the same RGB formulas)... like :

[Colours]
Combo1: 255,255,255
Combo2: 255,255,255
no?
That's it. Thanks a bunch :)
Maiz94
Help pl0x.

Why do I get this kind of mania-noteS?

How can I change it to yellow on key4?

Also, here's my 8K.ini settings :

SPOILER
//Mania skin config
ColumnLineWidth: 0.7
ColumnStart: 115
BarlineWidth: 1.2
HitPosition: 402
SpecialStyle: 1
SpecialPositionLeft: 1
UpsideDown: 0
JudgementLine: 1
ScorePosition: 325
ComboPosition: 111
FontCombo: score
LightFramePerSecond: 24
ColumnWidth: 50,24,28,24,28,24,28,24
ColumnLine: 1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1
//Colours
Colour1: 0,0,0,185
Colour2: 0,0,0,185
Colour3: 0,0,0,185
Colour4: 0,0,0,185
Colour5: 0,0,0,185
Colour6: 0,0,0,185
Colour7: 0,0,0,185
Colour8: 0,0,0,185
//images
KeyImage0: mania-keyS
KeyImage1: mania-key1
KeyImage2: mania-key2
KeyImage3: mania-key1
KeyImage4: mania-keyS
KeyImage5: mania-key1
KeyImage6: mania-key2
KeyImage7: mania-key1
KeyImage0D: mania-keySD
KeyImage1D: mania-key1D
KeyImage2D: mania-key2D
KeyImage3D: mania-key1D
KeyImage4D: mania-keySD
KeyImage5D: mania-key1D
KeyImage6D: mania-key2D
KeyImage7D: mania-key1D
NoteImage0: mania-noteS
NoteImage1: mania-note1
NoteImage2: mania-note2
NoteImage3: mania-note1
NoteImage4: mania-noteS
NoteImage5: mania-note1
NoteImage6: mania-note2
NoteImage7: mania-note1
NoteImage0H: mania-noteSH
NoteImage1H: mania-note1H
NoteImage2H: mania-note2H
NoteImage3H: mania-note1H
NoteImage4H: mania-noteSH
NoteImage5H: mania-note1H
NoteImage6H: mania-note2H
NoteImage7H: mania-note1H
//Keys
Key0: LeftControl
Key1: LeftShift
Key2: Z
Key3: X
Key4: Space
Key5: U
Key6: I
Key7: O
Haskorion

ishimaru94 wrote:

Help pl0x.

Why do I get this kind of mania-noteS?

How can I change it to yellow on key4?

Also, here's my 8K.ini settings :

SPOILER
//images
KeyImage4: mania-key2
KeyImage4D: mania-key2D
NoteImage4: mania-note2
NoteImage4H: mania-note2H
I assume you like to play with SpecialStyle on left lane and want your other yellow key to be blue. Just change the lines I filtered to this (or simply substitute S with 2 on these)
Maiz94

ReddScorn wrote:

I assume you like to play with SpecialStyle on left lane and want your other yellow key to be blue. Just change the lines I filtered to this (or simply substitute S with 2 on these)
Sorry, if my previous post misleading but I want to change the blue(?) holds on Key4 to be yellow. Not yellow to be blue. Sorry again. .__.
Haskorion

ishimaru94 wrote:

ReddScorn wrote:

Sorry, if my previous post misleading but I want to change the blue(?) holds on Key4 to be yellow. Not yellow to be blue. Sorry again. .__.
Read it again and I misread it, sry.

Is that part of the saucerwide skin? That skin has some missing mania elements. It doesn't have the hold notes. It just loads the default holds and I don't know if you can assign them without having the elements themselves.
Maiz94

ReddScorn wrote:

Is that part of the saucerwide skin? That skin has some missing mania elements. It doesn't have the hold notes. It just loads the default holds and I don't know if you can assign them without having the elements themselves.
Probably. I use -Kamui- skin. Maybe you're right. It does loads the default holds since my skin doesn't have it. It's called mania-notexL, right?
Haskorion

ishimaru94 wrote:

ReddScorn wrote:

Probably. I use -Kamui- skin. Maybe you're right. It does loads the default holds since my skin doesn't have it. It's called mania-notexL, right?
Yeah, they are called mania-note1L, mania-note2L and mania-noteSL. He used the elements from the saucerwide skin for his skin (or maybe the other way round?).

Just copy them from the new template to your skin, and it should work.

Nvm, now I checked you 8k.ini file properly and NoteImage#L: are missing. I'm sorry but being a bit blind since inis get so long with all that lines ;_;.
Maiz94
So, I just add the NoteImage#L: and it should be fix, right?
Haskorion
Yes.

If any further questions about mania occur feel fre to check out the Mania skinning section in my "guide": http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/186787
Also got some proofreading from an experienced mania skinner on it and should cover almost any aspect.
Maiz94

ReddScorn wrote:

Yes.

If any further questions about mania occur feel fre to check out the Mania skinning section in my "guide": http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/186787
Also got some proofreading from an experienced mania skinner on it and should cover almost any aspect.
Alright, thanks for the help and the tips. ^_^
deadbeat
[MillhioreF] Allow exporting skins as .osk files from the skin selection screen
ilu Millhi <3
nopanone
I need to ask, anybody know how to make slider without circle at end? I have seen something like that at Cr1m's skin.
Ayesha Altugle
make default-# (# means numbers from 0-9) look like a hitcircle and set "HitCircleOverlap:" (in your skin's skin.ini) the same widh of the Image dimension

the perfect example of that is Unbewusst skin.
nopanone

vahn10 wrote:

make default-# (# means numbers from 0-9) look like a hitcircle and set "HitCircleOverlap:" (in your skin's skin.ini) the same widh of the Image dimension

the perfect example of that is Unbewusst skin.
Oh thats great, i was looking so long for that, thanks for help!
viionc XD
I have problem with my warning arrow.
This is how it is supposed to look:

but in game it is red, any ideas why?
Topic Starter
MLGnom
New skin behaviour is adding red overlay because peppy say so.
fantazyjny
Hi !
Probably somebody else asked for that but there is 100+ pages......

IS there a way to use Version 1 spinners with new beatmap panel layout ?
TouchFluffyTail

fantazyjny wrote:

Hi !
Probably somebody else asked for that but there is 100+ pages......

No since version 1 spinners are version 1, and the new beatmap panels are version 2.2.
fantazyjny
ah... as I thought

thanks for reply ;]
XPJ38

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

Now you can:

Fahe
Hello everyone,

I have a little problem with my current skin, on the ranking panel, can't seem to make the three buttons (ranking-"replay", "retry" and "back")appear for some reason, everytime I change them it doesn't change anything and I have the default ones instead.
Any ideas ?
[cocoa]_old

Fahe wrote:

Hello everyone,

I have a little problem with my current skin, on the ranking panel, can't seem to make the three buttons (ranking-"replay", "retry" and "back")appear for some reason, everytime I change them it doesn't change anything and I have the default ones instead.
Any ideas ?
well make sure the file is *.png not *.jpg next the name must be "pause-replay.png" for replay "pause-retry.png" for retry and for the back you no need this since is there no element using "ranking-back" again, if still not work add
Version: latest
or
Version: 2.2
or
Version: 2.1
or
Version: 2.0
in the skin.ini
Fahe
Thank you cocoa,

checked the files type and they are .png, tried to change the skin.ini as you suggested, none of them worked (it was already set to 2.2).
I'm really puzzled as these two buttons are the only thing not working in the skin...
[cocoa]_old

Fahe wrote:

Thank you cocoa,

checked the files type and they are .png, tried to change the skin.ini as you suggested, none of them worked (it was already set to 2.2).
I'm really puzzled as these two buttons are the only thing not working in the skin...
well did you check the name of file??? you know on v2.2 "ranking-replay,retry & back.png" it's not working again so you should re-naming the file to "pause-replay" for replay and "pause-retry" for retry, anyway can you provide the screenshot of the element who not working pls.
robin
Hello osu friends, is there a way to remove the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect from my screen when playing multiplayer?
deadbeat
nope
[cocoa]_old

Kasunchop wrote:

Hello osu friends, is there a way to remove the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, ect from my screen when playing multiplayer?

deadbeat wrote:

nope
Fahe
Thanks a lot cocoa, renaming the files worked, I have to rework a bit the "pause-" images but it's now working fine !
BloonZ
Hi guys,

Is there any way to fill up the blank bar at the bottom of the spinner screen (under where spinner-metre.png starts)? I was playing around with spinner-rpm.png, but that doesn't seem to work since the picture doesn't start from the left edge of the screen.
[cocoa]_old
Hi everyone just a litle question
Ayesha Altugle
Yes and it's filename is taiko-glow.png
[cocoa]_old

vahn10 wrote:

Yes and it's filename is taiko-glow.png
wow thank you for the fast answer :D
[ Zan ]
I'm trying to get the same type of blur as this:

on this:

Can someone explain how?
TouchFluffyTail

[ Zan ] wrote:

on this:

Can someone explain how?
I only use photoshop so I can only advise on that, but to do that easily you can create a mask on the layer (button on the bottom bar of the layers window), then select the mask and use the gradient tool with it set to reflected gradient with 'reverse' checked, then you just set the gradient horizontally and you should have it.

Just a quick explanation so feel free to ask if I need to elaborate on anything.
[ Zan ]

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

[ Zan ] wrote:

on this:

Can someone explain how?
I only use photoshop so I can only advise on that, but to do that easily you can create a mask on the layer (button on the bottom bar of the layers window), then select the mask and use the gradient tool with it set to reflected gradient with 'reverse' checked, then you just set the gradient horizontally and you should have it.

Just a quick explanation so feel free to ask if I need to elaborate on anything.
I don't know if you can answer this since it's gimp but I assume it's similar to PS:

Which setting do I choose?

Is this what you mean by reverse for the gradient?

And what colors for the gradient..?
TouchFluffyTail
Geez, I assume you can do the same thing that I mentioned in Gimp but looking at that I have no idea what the equivalent actions would be.

Sorry, haha.Gunna have to wait for someone who uses Gimp. :o
mrgkevin
I can't figure out how to change my slider colors :(
Halp
Chaoslitz

mrgkevin wrote:

Halp
You can change it in the skin.ini file
By adding SliderTrackOverride: 'The colour you want'
Ayesha Altugle

Chaoslitz wrote:

mrgkevin wrote:

Halp
You can change it in the skin.ini file
By adding SliderTrackOverride: 'The colour you want'

Remember this code

SliderTrackOverride: R,G,B
Chaoslitz

TouchFluffyTail wrote:

[ Zan ] wrote:

on this:

Can someone explain how?

Can anyone explain these steps with picture :o
(Bad at English :(
show more