Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
4,179
show more
FlyingNeko
I just noticed that even the default spinner-top.png isn't spinning correctly.
I tried placing a circle aligned to the center of the canvas on top of the default spinner-top and it seems that the pivot isn't aligned properly.


It looked aligned at first but started going off-center while the spinner zoomed in (new skin behavior)
I don't know if this is intentional
Any help is appreciated
Haskorion

FlyingNeko wrote:

I just noticed that even the default spinner-top.png isn't spinning correctly.
I tried placing a circle aligned to the center of the canvas on top of the default spinner-top and it seems that the pivot isn't aligned properly.


It looked aligned at first but started going off-center while the spinner zoomed in (new skin behavior)
I don't know if this is intentional
Any help is appreciated
I see this often with spinners on a size of like 667x667, 389x389 or other sizes that end on a odd number, when halving their size.


To the scorebar anchor, this simple design should make clear it's 12,12.
Shot of project file


Shot from ingame
osq
Is there any way to change the colour that 'inputoverlay-key' flashes as?
(default seems to be yellow for K1/K2 and purple for M1/M2, to clarify what im referring to)
FlyingNeko

osqlol wrote:

Is there any way to change the colour that 'inputoverlay-key' flashes as?
(default seems to be yellow for K1/K2 and purple for M1/M2, to clarify what im referring to)
I believe not, I've never tried. But you could change the color of the image itself and it would affect what color it flashes
Shizuku-
It is not possible. in short
Yaiishi
How does one do this?
http://puu.sh/8ZKjX.png
The individual hitcircles have a transparent middle (I know how to do this). But the sliders themselves have a solid hitcircle. How to I make it so my sliders are solid? It would help me a ton to be able to do this.
Rio-

Yaiishi wrote:

How does one do this?
http://puu.sh/8ZKjX.png
The individual hitcircles have a transparent middle (I know how to do this). But the sliders themselves have a solid hitcircle. How to I make it so my sliders are solid? It would help me a ton to be able to do this.
hitcircle.png = solid hitcircle
hitcircle-0.png = transparent middle hitcircle
Shizuku-

satriobp wrote:

hitcircle.png = solid hitcircle
hitcircle-0.png = transparent middle hitcircle
I think that applies only to hitcircleoverlay
Rio-

vahn10 wrote:

satriobp wrote:

hitcircle.png = solid hitcircle
hitcircle-0.png = transparent middle hitcircle
I think that applies only to hitcircleoverlay
oh yeah I forgot about that, my bad...

I think You can try using a transparent middle hitcircle... and disable the slidertrackoverride in the skin.ini
Yaiishi
I think You can try using a transparent middle hitcircle... and disable the slidertrackoverride in the skin.ini
Thanks you. That worked.
Richard2q2
Halp with hitsounds pls. In the video the guy's skin has this really satisfying sound that i like when he hits the beats, where could i get them from :o

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3112743/

What he said didn't really help me ._. I downloaded the skin and it didnt even have dem sounds.

Halp
FlyingNeko
p/3006441
This skin is not the source but it has the same hitsounds
Richard2q2

FlyingNeko wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3006441
This skin is not the source but it has the same hitsounds
Can you rephrase that? I can't understand ._.
Rio-

Richard2q2 wrote:

FlyingNeko wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3006441
This skin is not the source but it has the same hitsounds
Can you rephrase that? I can't understand ._.
The Hitsounds are the same, but the skin isn't
*so if You want the hitsound, just download the skin... and copy the hitsounds to your own skin
FlyingNeko
You might understand why I provided you a link to the skin. Please use your brain
Richard2q2
ok thanks!
Richard2q2
p/3110554#p3110554

Yep i inserted those files and now i dont have my lighting for my beats. I checked every skin i have which is about 9 of them and all of them suddenly dont have their lightings. How to fix?
FlyingNeko
Richard, for your hitsound problems, make sure you have this ticked.


For the missing lightings, make sure you have this ticked.


If you accidentally replaced the hitlighting of the skin you use with the blank 1x1 png, download the skin again and check if the hitlighting is there.
Shizuku-
uhh what?

plus fixed icon.
Richard2q2

FlyingNeko wrote:

Richard, for your hitsound problems, make sure you have this ticked.


For the missing lightings, make sure you have this ticked.


If you accidentally replaced the hitlighting of the skin you use with the blank 1x1 png, download the skin again and check if the hitlighting is there.
Lifesaver! Thankyou so muchies :oops:
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply