forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Eizan Arizawa

- [ Kaze ] - wrote:

I think it isn't lightning Because, a skin i capture screenshot don't have lightning.png and your skin don't have too
if that's not lighting maybe your "hit300,hit100,hit50,or hit0"?
- [ Kaze ] -

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

No, not hitxxx.

I mean green color here. I think it's something in skin.ini. I guess it's HitCircleOverlap and tried but not work.
Eizan Arizawa

- [ Kaze ] - wrote:

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

No, not hitxxx.

I mean green color here. I think it's something in skin.ini. I guess it's HitCircleOverlap and tried but not work.
you want this on your skin right?
just put this on your skin and enable this
- [ Kaze ] -
Just find out, that's default lighting. Just delete lighting.png i everything work as i want. Thankyou so much!
Granger
Does the game only color tint white parts of the ctb fruits?

I got a image of a ice crystall i liked from google and tried it out, ingame it was color tinted but only very subtle so i thought greyscaling the image would make the tint stronger but it looks just grey now. (ingame ofc)
Eizan Arizawa

Granger wrote:

I got a image of a ice crystall i liked from google and tried it out, ingame it was color tinted but only very subtle so i thought greyscaling the image would make the tint stronger but it looks just grey now. (ingame ofc)
if you want the image not tintned why not use "fruit-(name fruit)-overlay" and make "fruit-(name fruit)" blank?
dws123

Granger wrote:

make the fruit-(x).png the parts that you want tinted all white, like this
make the fruit-(x)-overlay.png the outline, like this
ninfiia
Hi! Is there any way to have the background image on each song be in full screen? It only seems to work when it's a video. The taiko slider I'm using is transparent.
aizhid
http://puu.sh/8vnhx.jpg
I seen this in rrtyui's livestream.
I also have his back ground downloaded from his profile page, but how do we actually change the back ground to a different color?

If anyone know please explain in detail since I'm a noob at this stuff, thanks!
Nathanael
Most likely he changed the beatmap backgrounds manually.
Granger

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

Granger wrote:

if you want the image not tintned why not use "fruit-(name fruit)-overlay" and make "fruit-(name fruit)" blank?
I want the image tinted, but not as much as it is now, i fiddled around with the brightness settings but it either tints the image fully or it doesnt tint at all, i thought it was very subtly tinted at first but i figured that that was just the images own color already... :< (striked part was appartently a bug? Cant recreate it anymore...)

I want to achieve an effect similar to the purple crystall in the picture but i want the tint to be weaker, so all crystalls look more blue while it glows in the tints color. If thats understandable.

While this works nicely with purple tints currently the other colors totally override the base color, a red tint makes the crystall... just red. Which bugs me since the effect from the purple tint looks awesome.

This is the base i have currently:

Also sorry for the late answer, i fell asleep shortly after i wrote that...
aizhid

Nathanael wrote:

I don't think he did that, he just went from one song to the next with the same BG. He also DT that 2000 combo song and placed rank 1 on his livestream with this BG
dws123

Granger wrote:

I want the image tinted, but not as much as it is now, i fiddled around with the brightness settings but it either tints the image fully or it doesnt tint at all, i thought it was very subtly tinted at first but i figured that that was just the images own color already... :< (striked part was appartently a bug? Cant recreate it anymore...)

I want to achieve an effect similar to the purple crystall in the picture but i want the tint to be weaker, so all crystalls look more blue while it glows in the tints color. If thats understandable.

While this works nicely with purple tints currently the other colors totally override the base color, a red tint makes the crystall... just red. Which bugs me since the effect from the purple tint looks awesome.

This is the base i have currently:

Also sorry for the late answer, i fell asleep shortly after i wrote that...
try making the part that you want to be tinted lighter even lighter, so it would be a little bit more translucent
CMIIW, I just guessed that since the edges of the crystals are lighter and in the screenshot the edges have a slightly lighter colour
Coffee Hero

aizhid wrote:

Nathanael wrote:

I don't think he did that, he just went from one song to the next with the same BG. He also DT that 2000 combo song and placed rank 1 on his livestream with this BG
https://github.com/condone/OsuBGReplacer
Arcanine
font the osu cookie uses?
& what's the file name that osu uses for regular hit sounds
Rio-

Arcanine wrote:

& what's the file name that osu uses for regular hit sounds
You mean the System Font? It is Aller Font
also,

normal-hitclap.wav
normal-hitfinish.wav
normal-hitnormal.wav
normal-hitwhistle.wav
normal-sliderslide.wav
normal-slidertick.wav
normal-sliderwhistle.wav

you mean that?
Ayesha Altugle

Arcanine wrote:

Verdana?
OsuMe65
Verdana
Old cookie uses Tahoma
xiennamerl09
What application do you use in making cursors and hit circles??? I'm using GIMP and also I have a problem with RGB color changing, help please :(
Topic Starter
MLGnom
Well, I did all my skins in GIMP so...
With what exactly you have problem?
xiennamerl09
I'm currently stuck with making cursors , I don't know how to start making one hehehe.....and also I'm still learning usinr GIMP so A little help here or any tutorial and instructions in making one :P
zoze
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyAP0mMyfMI
am i allowed to ask here? if yes! does anybody know the name of this skin?
and by that i mean the skin of the "beatmap", not the skin that the person was using... thanks.. i dunno if i' 8-) m allowed to ask here or make a new thread...
xiennamerl09
pls..answer my question because I can't proceed in skin making huhhu help here
Arcanine
wat to do my spinner middle isnt showing up
Eizan Arizawa

xiennamerl09 wrote:

pls..answer my question because I can't proceed in skin making huhhu help here
yeah i will answer you if you user of photoshop sorry :(
Zydore
I new at mania skining :c
I want to modify the key 5 (spacebar) image in 5K mode and also her respective note.
I make some changes on 5k.ini and all change except the keys and notes images. I try with diferent numers on "KeyImage#" and i can't change any key :c

//images
KeyImage4: mania-keyS
KeyImage4D: mania-keySD
//keys
I try algo adding ".png" extension at the end of images but doesn't work.

My english have some errors... so if something isn't understandable please tell me :)
Eizan Arizawa

toshiro50 wrote:

I new at mania skining :c
I want to modify the key 5 (spacebar) image in 5K mode and also her respective note.
I make some changes on 5k.ini and all change except the keys and notes images. I try with diferent numers on "KeyImage#" and i can't change any key :c

//images
KeyImage4: mania-keyS
KeyImage4D: mania-keySD
//keys
I try algo adding ".png" extension at the end of images but doesn't work.

My english have some errors... so if something isn't understandable please tell me :)
try download my skin http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/205453 and cut the 5k.ini to your skin folder and change the key image like you want
Zydore
Thank you a lot! :3

Off topic: I love your skin on ctb <3
yellster
There's this transparent background of this spinner that shows the beatmap's playfield I wanted to try out for a skin i'm making. Does anyone know how to do it? (I'm not trying to steal the design)

Ayesha Altugle
SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0 ?
yellster

vahn10 wrote:

SpinnerFadePlayfield: 0 ?
Oh. Thanks!
Eizan Arizawa
Asking:
- Can i using *.gif animation for element in osu!?
- Can i change color of this thing?
Ayesha Altugle

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

Asking:
answers in order

-No
-No

I'm not kidding
Eizan Arizawa

vahn10 wrote:

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

Asking:
answers in order

-No
-No

I'm not kidding
okay................................................................. so i must hack the dll again lol, kidding i'm promise not to doing that again.
_sparky_
just 2 questions:

is any file with @2x important?
Can i use any of the letters from old template in new template?
Rio-

_sparky_ wrote:

for the HD resolution (720p and so on)... Yes

_sparky_ wrote:

You mean?
_sparky_

satriobp wrote:

_sparky_ wrote:

for the HD resolution (720p and so on)... Yes

_sparky_ wrote:

You mean?
ranking letters?
Rio-
You mean the Ranking A, Ranking B, etc?.... I think Yes You can

HD = High Definition... If You play using 720p (1280x720, 1366x768, etc) and so on, You'll see the difference (and the @2x is 2x size of the normal one)
_sparky_

satriobp wrote:

You mean the Ranking A, Ranking B, etc?.... I think Yes You can

HD = High Definition... If You play using 720p (1280x720, 1366x768, etc) and so on, You'll see the difference (and the @2x is 2x size of the normal one)
oh i use 1366x768 :3

thank you! i had no idea what to do when it came to all the @2x things v.v
but the ranking letters in old template have no....@2x...

http://i.imgur.com/TStxbOF.png
Ayesha Altugle
The resolution you must be using is higher or equal to 800 px height like 1280 x 800
show more